Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20140423.5 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PTS - The Archive
This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 7:00pm PDT, 5/12/2014

Release Notes for FC.31.20140423.5:

Steel Shadow Lockbox

• New variants of the Kusarigama and Naginata have been added to the Debugger. These "Alpha" variants do not have the face at the front of the bike

• The Kusarigama and Kusarigama Alpha are now available on the Drifter store (and the Debugger)

• Steel Shadow's bike in Ren Cen no longer flickers

• Removed the spinner from the Steel Shadow bikes due to scaling issues

• Fixed many bugs with the Steel Shadow costume

• All Steel Shadow costume pieces are now called Steel Shadow instead of Armor Ninja

• The Steel Shadow Lockbox now has a unique icon

• Stealth Aura now has a unique icon

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Bug:
    Unique bosses and Nemesis only drops a box for one player rather than 1 for each team member.

If this is indeed not a bug then Nemcon is trivialized, you've effectively eliminated all reasons to team up with players for any content involving Adventure Packs and Comics, as well as removed the very last thing to farm for in game.

Does Cryptic intend to readd lost unique costume pieces, devices and other things in the game as compensation for removing the only thing left to acquire in content? Do you intend players to do nothing but alerts? Because you're only effectively fudging your numbers of who plays what content. Which hurts the information that is supposed to help you find out what keeps players playing and paying for subscriptions and items in the store.

The only thing left to do in the game now that rewards us is buy items from the store.

If you want to remove things to farm, replace it with something for us to do and don't shamelessly label it as a bug.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    Bug: The Kusarigama, Kusarigama Alpha, and Naginata Alpha are using the wrong icons.
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    BUG: Steel Shadow and bike are no longer visible on their stand in RenCen. (They are still supposed to be next to the Foxbat stand as they were in .4, right?)

BUG: Steel Shadow Lockbox icons appear as empty white frames in Debugger's store and inventory.

BUG: The Foxbat PR Rep takes about 30 seconds to phase in after entering its visible range.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    BUG: Weapons are still not stealthed by the Stealth Aura

Guessing neither are wings and tails either.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Guessing neither are wings and tails either.

Wings and tails work just fine. You just can't switch into a costume that has them from a costume that does not when the aura (all auras for that matter) are running.

It's a limitation of the Cryptic Engine (I think).

I'm assuming weapons work the same way, but honestly I don't know.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    BUG: Stealth Aura enables you to be seen in stealth THROUGH WALLS

Not kidding, move the camera behind a wall and you can be seen like an X-ray.
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Bug: Unable to pick up more than 13 missions at once
    Where: Mission Journal
    What: Former Limit of 15 missions is now not attainable as two hidden missions for Series 1 and Series 2 lockbox bonus card now take up two slots.

This is a fairly major annoyance factor (15 missions was already fairly limited for those who do enjoy stepping outside of Rencen). I can only presume this issue will increase as further Lockbox Series are added beyond 2 (especially for people who do not open lockboxes) to a point where they will not be able to pick up any other missions at all.

If lockbox series missions cannot be held in a seperate table, then the maximum number of missions that can be held open needs to be increased dramatically or change the lockbox to be perk based as I suggested in last thread
    Would it not have been better to add them as perk chains (like the spawn camper chains - you get a mark for every respawn point you find, then an overall perk for finding all respawn points in an area)

Overall Perk - Lockbox Series 1 - Unlocks Alien Skin Tights and Mask
    Reliant on completion of sub perks -

Series 1 Box 1 - Unlock a Foxbat Lockbox
    Series 1 Box 2 - Unlock a Steel Shadow Lockbox
    Series 1 Box 3 - Unlock a TBA Lockbox

Rinse and Repeat for each new lockbox series. The token which drops when the box opens (and fires obviously counts towards the current mission method) would instead act to record the perk instead.

Maybe they looked at this and discounted it as too difficult but seeing as they have added perks in the past year or so I would have thought this a more elegant method than locking up mission slots.

Bug: Alien Hybrid Tights do not conform to Beast Legs when that category chosen
    Where: In Tailor / In Game
    What: Alien Hybrid Tights - Legs is available under Beast Legs category, however do not conform to Beast Legs Geometry
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Bug: The artwork for the Steel Shadow bikes seems confused. Some of it features the red and black bike, and some the gold bike, but the names don't always tie to the color schemes in the artwork.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    o1G7One.png

OMG! no ugly horns! THANK YOU DEVS!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

That... is probably the coolest looking vehicle in the game as of right now.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited May 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    o1G7One.png

OMG! no ugly horns! THANK YOU DEVS!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I think I could find at least two ways of making a transformer out of it.
  • Options
    luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I grabbed a Naginata alpha from the debugger on one character (satchmo2), and when I logged into another character afterward (Female Test Skeleton), I noticed that they had a Naginata alpha in their device tray in the same slot (maybe a coincidence) despite me never actually grabbing an alpha version from the debugger on that character. I had, however, grabbed the older versions on her previously. Not sure if there's an issue here as I am not able to reproduce it.
    two lines of plain text
    the best kind of signature
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    BUG: Stealth Aura enables you to be seen in stealth THROUGH WALLS

Not kidding, move the camera behind a wall and you can be seen like an X-ray.

This. I picked this up last time and it doesn't seem to have been resolved...

I'll post a picture here.

Half behind a tree:

StealthAuraIssue_2_zps52d835d3.png

Renaissance Center, near PH cog:

StealthAuraIssue_1_zps692b4222.png
  • Options
    radioscienceradioscience Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I grabbed a Naginata alpha from the debugger on one character (satchmo2), and when I logged into another character afterward (Female Test Skeleton), I noticed that they had a Naginata alpha in their device tray in the same slot (maybe a coincidence) despite me never actually grabbing an alpha version from the debugger on that character. I had, however, grabbed the older versions on her previously. Not sure if there's an issue here as I am not able to reproduce it.

When we added the "Alpha" variants in .5, we converted existing Kusarigama bikes from .4 into Naginata Alphas for reasons having to do with internal naming conventions. Most likely, you're just seeing a "formerly-Kusarigama-but-now-Naginata Alpha" in that slot.
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This. I picked this up last time and it doesn't seem to have been resolved...

I'll post a picture here.

I think its a engine limit.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lordgar wrote: »
    This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 7:00pm PDT, 5/12/2014

Release Notes for FC.31.20140423.5:

Steel Shadow Lockbox

• Steel Shadow's bike in Ren Cen no longer flickers
    • All Steel Shadow costume pieces are now called Steel Shadow instead of Armor Ninja

• Stealth Aura now has a unique icon

Few things:

Steel Shadow nor his bike are visible on the PTS any more...

So glad everything is now uniform with the set ^_^

I could be wrong but I'm not seeing Stealth Aura's unique Icon...(unless it's been updated and I just can't remember the original icon...)