test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20140423.4 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PTS - The Archive
This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 3:30pm PDT, 5/6/2014

You can find release notes for previous unreleased PTS patches by using the link(s) below:

FC.31.20140423.1

Release Notes for FC.31.20140423.4:

Preview:

• The Debugger store now has the upcoming Steel Shadow Lockbox, Cosmic Keys, and new items from the box for sale.

Lockbox Bonus Card:

• The Lockbox Bonus Card UI is now available. Any Lockbox Stamps you've received will be displayed here. You can access this UI from the Overview tab of your PDA/mission journal.

• Some characters on Live were given extra stamps directly into their inventory--these do not need to be kept. Your stamp will be recorded whether you keep these items or not.

• The first Bonus Card reward will be the Alien Hybrid Tights & Mask that is already available on the Debugger.

Known Issues:

• Steel Shadow's bike flickers and has a strange particle effect beneath it.

• Both Foxbat and Steel Shadow boxes are available from various sources.

• The Steel Shadow Lockbox's tooltip shows a small white box instead of the proper artwork.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    More info about Lockbox Bonus Card would be nice. How it works, like. The function.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Going into PTS in a bit.
    Please tell me this is not yet another special currency . . .

EDIT: Wasn't up yet.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I was gonna ask. guess the PTS server hamster is refusing to apply the patch ;)

edit. nm. pdt not pst.. damn i hate timezones
  • Options
    radioscienceradioscience Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    PTS is now up with the .4 version.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So stamps are granted guaranteed when you open a lockbox. When you get enough stamps you automatically unlock costumes?

Edit: Seems that you need to open three specific lockboxes to unlock a reward and there will be multiple lockbox combinations to get a different series.

This reminds too much of the Perk point system. When are we going to be rewarded for playing content in the game again? When are we going to see those previously existing rewards added back into the game?

We are two years overdue of seeing power replacers being readded as costumes and effects separate from the gear. And no, it shouldn't be behind a price tag when it was for free in content throughout the game. Players abandon a game where nothing unique can be acquired for free in game.

Cryptic needs to relearn how games work: rewarding players for playing the game. That's how you get them to eventually spend money on it.

Bug
    Using the search function for Steel Shadow Sword in the tailor won't show the weapon properly and shows 4 costume unlocks for it rather than two.

Alien Hybrid Mask and Tights are already unlocked for me.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Nice work guys on the Steel Shadow costume.
    :wink:
    Costumes_Ninja_A_240611.jpg

The costume could use the net patterned tights thou. NPC Steel Shadow has the tights.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    open one of each box (foxbat, steel shadow and "next" box) and you get a stamp for each. 3 stamps gets a reward. so for 3$ you could get the stuff from the lockbox (if you are lucky), drifter salvage for secondary purchases, and now tertiary guaranteed reward. doesnt seem a bad deal for helping keep the game profitable

As for the items in this patch. once again a new costume set where they pieces do not conform to beast legs. Is it so hard to create item variants that conform to a major body part. There is a limited amount of items players who chose these legs for a character can use as it is surely with new items this could be considered. Also calling it armor ninja in tailor doesnt make it stand out from the previous ninja items. Even calling it Steel Ninja set in tailor would make it stand out more.

Stealth Aura - I can see this being pretty popular in pvp as it makes you almost invisible in some lighting/background conditions (which is the idea I know)

Bug: Steel Shadow Lock Box Stamp Not Showing
    Where: Lock Box Stamp Window
    What: Opened new lockbox on one character, after swapping to another character only foxbat stamp visible
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    Stealth Aura - I can see this being pretty popular in pvp as it makes you almost invisible in some lighting/background conditions (which is the idea I know)

As if trying to find your opponent was hard enough. Now you won't be able to even rely on your sight to find someone anymore.

Yes, stealth makes it impossible to keep target on players and you had to see them blip out of stealth to find them since targeting won't work long enough to attack them.

This is another step to making people not want to PvP ever again. Good job, Cryptic. *applauds*
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Very happy to see Stealth Aura...that's one of my needed auras down...Force Field and PSI aura's to go (See Spordelia's suggestions :wink:)! :tongue:

I'll put some feedback when I get round to getting on PTS
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So stamps are granted guaranteed when you open a lockbox. When you get enough stamps you automatically unlock costumes?

No. You open ONE lockbox of each of the 3 types (Foxbat, Steel Warrior, and the next one that is currently unnamed) and you'll get a free something out of it after. So as mentioned, $3 gets you whatever it is. Or some G and just buying keys.
    This is another step to making people not want to PvP ever again. Good job, Cryptic. *applauds*

PvP died years ago. It's not coming back or getting any better. Let everyone else have some fun instead. I for one really like the possibilities of the Stealth Aura.

BUG: Both the Naginata and Kusarigama vehicles have issues with the spinning 'wheel' clipping through the bottom of the bike. Picture attached. You'll see it every second or so if you look at it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kl6qv117rk13tq7/screenshot_2014-05-06-18-09-35.jpg

See that grey bit along the bottom of the wheel? That pokes through all the time as the inner wheel rotates.

EDIT: Very limited testing has seemed that it's only showing up when a female is riding it, not a male. But I'm not sure to be honest.

EDIT2: Scratch that - it's definitely on males too. Some part of the back wheel is scaling based off of some body part slider - if that's too big, the back wheel is too big. Just saw a male with a HUGE spinning wheel thing.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    OH MY GOD YOU GUYS RELEASED IT!!!!!!!

I'm a Cryptic North Believer!!!!!!

#Nnjaset2014
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I kinda like stealth field, but I want a ghost aura more. Not a invisible person field.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    BUG: Chest Wear: Armor Ninja has some pretty obvious clipping issues on females in all stances.

The pictures below are of the Default Female, the tights colored white to make it very easy to see the issues. First 3 pictures are in Vixen stance, the last two are in Normal.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5fmivamomyx1yw/screenshot_2014-05-06-18-32-19.jpg
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/lbgshg0rngmgsyd/screenshot_2014-05-06-18-32-24.jpg
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0cmdp2i4ag3srpb/screenshot_2014-05-06-18-32-33.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ia9p8wqwbu83t6c/screenshot_2014-05-06-18-33-31.jpg
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6547pw88oihlqk3/screenshot_2014-05-06-18-33-43.jpg
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well Steel Shadow looks interesting. Nice concept for a more extreme ninja armor ala The Shredder. I do wish the costume set had a back or hip piece mounting the sword.

As to the new bikes...meh...I appreciate the attempt, but they look Way too busy. Still, some people will love them.

Could we get some different color schemes though?

A design your own vehicle follow up for the costume contest would be fun, but I could also see doing a Red White and Blue Bike for the 4th, maybe something orange or pink to vary things up a bit.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    All costume parts are metal-only. Big problem, I'll be passing on this one unless this changes.

Just some constructive criticism here-

We've gotten two new swords recently in eastern-themed costume sets. 2 of the new drops in the Rampage alerts are swords/melee.

A whopping total of four swords. No pistols. No rifles. No SMG's.

Is it too much to ask that you create new firearms for munitions users? You make a Sci-Fi soldier costume without, you know, the one thing Soldiers have- a weapon. It's a little silly you can spend time making swords, and neglect one of the things that has actively been gutted from the game and replaced with nothing, unlike melee weapons- and it seems a new one is added with every turn.
  • Options
    highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Bug : "Armor ninja" bracer piece already exists. Selecting the "armor ninja" bracer will give you one new piece on the right arm and one old piece on the left arm.
    Bug : most of the armor ninja pieces can only be found through searching (last tab to the right)
    Bug : Default material for the hands and feet pieces seem to be different for left and right.
    All costume parts are metal-only. Big problem, I'll be passing on this one unless this changes.
    The set isn't metal only, but you can only change the material by selecting the right piece, then the left piece, on the parts that allow it. It is indeed a bug.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    Edit Removed some posts to keep this thread focused. Please keep squabbles out of this thread and always be sure to double check and verify something before posting it as a bug.

Bug None of the costumes available on left and right have a mirror geometry entry.
  • Options
    luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The new bike's spinning wheel FX scale with the player's body weight, along with the vehicle. Normally this isn't a problem, but with the new bikes, it poses a problem as you're trying to add a rotary effect to something that can scale in length, creating an object that isn't perfectly symmetrical in both directions. Even if you made the FX into a fixed circle, the bike frame will still have to expand with the character's weight, and the circle won't fill the cage for the desired effect. Please consider re-thinkinjg the bike design, or how the bikes/vehicles scale in relation to character weight so that one part may remain rigid/proportional in size (in this case, the rotary wheel in the back + the cage containing it. Another alternative may be to lock the wheel in place and recolor the spokes red/white to go for a "Rising Sun" motif, if the rotation problem can't be resolved.

Below is the bike at default proportions (working fine):

JaCY6sP.jpg

And at max bodyweight, which causes the wheel and its cage do dilate horizontally, and throw off its angular symmetryP6E8xaE.jpg

Edit: Just played around with it more, and it seems you only really have to go one or two clicks above the default body mass for it to start shaving through the chassis, the clipping only gets worse from there. Going down in body weight seems to have no problems, though the wheel might be compressing inside the bike and its just less noticeable.

Edit 2:
    The bike doesn't display the riding animation properly in the character sheet costume window. The bike just kinda... Dangles loosely from your crotch while you stand around all bored-looking.

gIe3dl7.png

Edit 3: The Steel Shadow Lockbox stamp I recieved fell into my overflow bag, and didn't show up as counting on my card, even when it was revomed from overflow and I tried to use it. The foxbat box may be the same way, though I opened that with enough space in my main bag for it to fall into my normal inventory.

To recreate it just open a lockbox when your card is unstamped for the type of lockbox you are using, but clog up your main yellow bag so it forces the goodies into overflow. This prevents the stamp from auto-unlocking it seems. I opened a slew of lockboxes afterward and it still shows a question mark on the stamp UI where I assume steel shadow's box should go. It doesn't seem to be dispensing stamps after the first one. Unless you guys just didn't add in a graphic for the steel box stamp yet or something, I dunno lol

And yeah, after putting on the stealth aura, this thing will end up as the new cheapo thing everyone's using in PVP, and it'll become practically required since everyone will be using it which is baaaaaad... You're practically invisible, which is the point, but it should only be a visual effect to play with, and not for use in PVP. Perhaps make it not work in duels/PVP zones, if possible? In-combat would be fine, I guess if you could make it work in PVE and not PVP.
    two lines of plain text
    the best kind of signature
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    And yeah, after putting on the stealth aura, this thing will end up as the new cheapo thing everyone's using in PVP, and it'll become practically required since everyone will be using it which is baaaaaad... You're practically invisible, which is the point, but it should only be a visual effect to play with, and not for use in PVP. Perhaps make it not work in duels/PVP zones, if possible? In-combat would be fine, I guess if you could make it work in PVE and not PVP.

Regarding concerns for PvP (not directed specifically at the author of the quote):

In PvP there are powers which leave visible effects on players, such as poison, negative Ions, Chilled, Clinging Flames and Bleed, which can be used to mark or target players.

PvP is relatively a very small population of the player base, I would disagree with the notion that this aura is a bad idea simply because it will be used in PvP.

However, if in a similar manner to Summon and Become Devices, Stealth Aura cannot be used in PvP maps or rather does not activate this would be a solution.

I'm not too sure about Open World PvP (duels in Ren Cen and outside Mercy Hospital) and how to deal with that, but AoE attacks like Epidemic for example can be used to target players.

I don't think it'd change that much though, PvP is already crazy. But I can see the concern about Stealth Aura + NW + Smoke Nade/Hold + SS builds.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    New Bikes: Naginata

Not much to say about them, aside from they both look directly related to Robot Samurai Set, which suggests something may happen in the future...or not. Either way I am sure some players will have use for it. (Holographic Field and Anti Aircraft Missiles MK 2's)

Naginata Front

NaginataFront_zpsaa0affe2.jpg

Naginata Back

NaginataBack_zpsbe3a3642.jpg

New Bikes: Kusarigama

A yellow version of the Naginata. (Flamethrower and Anti Aircraft MK 2's)

Kusarigama Front

KusarigamaFront_zps40aaeec0.jpg

Kusarigama Back

KusarigamaBack_zps234bd9c2.jpg

Note: Both bikes seem to not have the proper FX for when Boost is active, usually the "fire" at the back of the vehicle increases in length and brightness, it seems to stay the same.

Also echoing the previous post about the vehicle issues.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Stealth Aura

In my personal opinion, it's a welcome addition to the aura group we have in CO. At a relative distance it looks like Night Warrior to some extent, but close up you can see the hexagonal parts which make up the effect, which is alright as it can cater to "tech invisibility" as well, which was thoughtful. Can be used for a variety of effects and has a good compatibility factor with other auras. (I've already seen a few good uses by players on PTS just now). Like any aura Stealth Aura can be coloured any way, blue tends to be "best" for that invisibility look, shown here in yellow for visibility purposes.

StealthAuraPTS_zps73cfd779.jpg

Bug: You can see people through certain scenery when they have this aura active. An example of this would be the Powerhouse steps, go to the other side and you'll see them through it, whereas normally you would not be able to see them fully.

Note: It seems to get more visible if you stand near other people. (Visible as in hexagonal shapes appear, at least to me). Personally I'd like a smoother invisibility look, similar to VIPER Infiltrators and PSI Hypnotists. Their stealth/placate effect is quite nice, looks a lot more fluid and would be in line with what stealth looks like in game, both from a Player perspective (Night Warrior Passive and Sleight of Mind powers) and NPC.

Or maybe we could just have default grant a clear option, like this on these VIPER Infiltrators:

StealthAura_VIPER_zpsd7015d85.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Steel Shadow Contact's Bike has an emanation issue with the Jet.

BugPTS_zps5ab1271c.png

Bike Jet is firing out of the wrong hole/place

Where? - In Renaissance Center

(Ignore the abomination of an aura combination I've concocted :P)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Steel Shadow Costume Set and Steel Shadow Sword

Looks like a good set, personally feels like it suffers from excessive/unnecessary spikes, but that's just an opinion and from what I can imagine it looks like it would go well with Cyberpunk and Robot Samurai in some instances.

Again, here, I'd echo the previous posts from testers regarding the bugs.

Bug: The Steel Shadow Set needs to be uniform in terms of labelling.

As of right now, it's super messy:

Steel Shadow refers to Weapons

Armor Ninja to the main body of the set

Grid Mesh to the underlying mesh costume that Steel Shadow (contact) has.

This all needs to be under one title of Steel Shadow.
  • Options
    ace10007ace10007 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    -I regards to this new Aura. While i agree that PVP is hard as it is, with people using sneak builds and powers to hide while dueling making targetting somethings hard to do unless you are using some Aoes to uncover them.

-This aura should have no real effect in pvp cause auras while they can be turn on to be active in combat. its still just an aura. thus a person in pvp can just as easily hit "tab" and it will auto target them. even if they are looking stealthy, the aura is just that an added effect it dosent stop people from still targetting someone nor will it erase their name that is on top of the players head.

-Those suggestions to remove the aura from use in pvp, i would think would require a lot of work to fix. additionaly it may not be a bad idead to remove auras from pvp as some stack a bunch and causes a lag while dueling. but then this would mean you are removing content which should be available if a player is spending the time and money to get those auras.

-Lastly before someone decides to jump on my case about what i said. Im not a PVP fan i barely choose to duel people cause its all about devices now. But its not right for people to say this aura caters to just pvp. a lot of peoples characters theme would benefit from this aura. as long as you can still target someone and see their name i dont see how this aura will cause issues in pvp.

Ingame under @AceMcCloud1007 leader of Heavy Artillery.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    I got to thinking, you could combine stealth aura with other auras, make a being of pure energy or something, give your psychic a secondary astral form, or make a being of pure data!

Yeah, I was just thinking that earlier this morning. I was thinking the shadow form aura and stealth aura would maybe end up with a neat human shaped silhouette of energy. It doesn't, but I still very much love the end result. Hasizet looks like an energy being. Definitely gonna have to get this aura. This would be her without her human-shaped shell.

2w4h6vl.jpg

(hard to tell, but there's also the sparkle aura on top of that)
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    Ok, bit of feedback from my little trip to PTS.

I love the stealth aura and played around with combos for many cool effects.

However, I opened several steel shadow lockboxes and it did not seem to register on the lockbox bonus card window at all.

If its grayed out already, it probably means you already unlocked that stamp. Remember the stamps are attached to our accounts so it might effect PTS.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Call me paranoid, but does it seem a bit weird we got that alien costume as a sort of... 'here you go, whatever' award and one of the old costumes out of the old drawing pile?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    it makes sense to me from income vs outlay perspective that they would revisit and reutilise old concepts that for whatever reason had been allowed to slip through the gaps. We dont know how much work the previous development teams had already done on these before being shipped off elsewhere in crypticland but whatever the reason - MOAR COSTUMES!!!!.

Linking an old concept to a new vehicle and lockbox also seems financially prudent.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Call me paranoid, but does it seem a bit weird we got that alien costume as a sort of... 'here you go, whatever' award and one of the old costumes out of the old drawing pile?

I'm more paranoid about that no one has yet made a post about how bad award the half made alien costume is.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    btw

Bullet for Biselle still bugged since the foxbatcon patch. Any chance someone could give it a once over and restore the chest that gives you the crowd scanner?

And on a more general note

Bug: Unable to pick up more than 13 missions at once
    Where: Mission Journal
    What: Former Limit of 15 missions is now not attainable as two hidden missions for Series 1 and Series 2 lockbox bonus card now take up two slots.

This is a fairly major annoyance factor (15 missions was already fairly limited for those who do enjoy stepping outside of Rencen). I can only presume this issue will increase as further Lockbox Series are added beyond 2 (especially for people who do not open lockboxes) to a point where they will not be able to pick up any other missions at all.

If lockbox series missions cannot be held in a seperate table, then the maximum number of missions that can be held open needs to be increased dramatically.
  • Options
    monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    BUG: Stealth Aura does not make weapons invisible (tested with PA and Munition Weps).

I was hoping to make a cloaked soldier who goes invisible in combat but having weapons out in their normal skins just looks awful IMHO.

Granted some people may like having weapons unstealthed for say a flying blades look. Maybe make a second Stealth Aura that can be exchanged in the Aura Vendor that hides the weapons and make the default not hide the weapon.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    Bug: Unable to pick up more than 13 missions at once
    Where: Mission Journal
    What: Former Limit of 15 missions is now not attainable as two hidden missions for Series 1 and Series 2 lockbox bonus card now take up two slots.

This is a fairly major annoyance factor (15 missions was already fairly limited for those who do enjoy stepping outside of Rencen). I can only presume this issue will increase as further Lockbox Series are added beyond 2 (especially for people who do not open lockboxes) to a point where they will not be able to pick up any other missions at all.

If lockbox series missions cannot be held in a seperate table, then the maximum number of missions that can be held open needs to be increased dramatically.

This is what Series 1 and 2 is? Hidden missions? Is THAT how they programmed the Lockbox Bonus rewards? As MISSIONS?!

Cryptic North is turning out just as bad and without care as regular Cryptic was. More cut and paste code breaking other essential things.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is what Series 1 and 2 is? Hidden missions? Is THAT how they programmed the Lockbox Bonus rewards? As MISSIONS?!

Cryptic North is turning out just as bad and without care as regular Cryptic was. More cut and paste code breaking other essential things.

Well, they do seem to register as missions when ya first log in w/ that character since the patch.

If that is the case, then it is pretty careless design, yea.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Wow that's the kind of hack I used to do back in NWN days xD
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    BUG: Stealth Aura does not make weapons invisible (tested with PA and Munition Weps).
    T̶a̶i̶l̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶v̶i̶s̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶p̶i̶d̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶l̶o̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶a̶i̶l̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶w̶i̶n̶g̶s̶.̶
    Edit : turned out to be a non-issue

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    was having a think about the whole addition of these two missions..

Would it not have been better to add them as perk chains (like the spawn camper chains - you get a mark for every respawn point you find, then an overall perk for finding all respawn points in an area)

Overall Perk - Lockbox Series 1 - Unlocks Alien Skin Tights and Mask
    Reliant on completion of sub perks -
    1. Series 1 Box 1 - Unlock a Foxbat Lockbox
    2. Series 1 Box 2 - Unlock a Steel Shadow Lockbox
    3. Series 1 Box 3 - Unlock a TBA Lockbox

Rinse and Repeat for each new lockbox series. The token which drops when the box opens (and fires obviously counts towards the current mission method) would instead act to record the perk instead.

Maybe they looked at this and discounted it as too difficult but seeing as they have added perks in the past year or so I would have thought this a more elegant method than locking up mission slots.

As for the Heroic Mask - simply adding it as a Day 1 Subscriber perk would mean that any subscriber would recieve it. Again I may be thinking too simplisticly here though.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What happens when I log on a character with the maximum number of missions?

Does this character get excluded from the Series 1/Series 2 business?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    What happens when I log on a character with the maximum number of missions?

Does this character get excluded from the Series 1/Series 2 business?

I think this appears to be the case judging by what fellow SG members have experienced

All in All. Pretty bad planning/qa all round.
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Has anyone got an update on their entry's when it will be posted on the PTS or live?
    Psi.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    cryneting wrote: »
    Has anyone got an update on their entry's when it will be posted on the PTS or live?

It's going to take them a few weeks to make it.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Tails and wings aren't invisible either. This is even more stupid since you get a floating tail and pair of wings.

I tested this (the Stealth Aura) and it definitely worked with tails.

The issue is that you can't change from a costume that does not have the above to a costume that does while Stealth Aura (and pretty much any aura period) is on, as otherwise it'll bork as described above.

But it definitely works just turning it on and off with tails and wings.
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It's going to take them a few weeks to make it.

Ok well thanks for telling me that
    Psi.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    somebob wrote: »

The issue is that you can't change from a costume that does not have the above to a costume that does while Stealth Aura (and pretty much any aura period) is on, as otherwise it'll bork as described above.
    Oh. I need to work on my bug-finding skills then. Thanks for pointing that out ! Edited my post.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    It seems that stealth aura is just a cut and paste of the effect of stealth sigils if weapons and wings are still visible.
  • Options
    epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, I'm not sure if I'm liking the sound of lockbox cards being set as missions. I tend to pick up a whole bunch of normal missions at once, and not only does it cut down the gathering potential, it also means that I might be SOL on cards if more happen to be released when I'm at the cap.
    ----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
  • Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    somebob wrote: »

That would be easily fixed by having auras reset after a costume change.