test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20140303.18/.19 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited April 2014 in PTS - The Archive
This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 6:00pm PDT, 4/15/2014

You can find release notes for previous unreleased PTS patches by using the link(s) below:

FC.31.20140303.15/.16

Release Notes for FC.31.20140303.18:

Preview

• Scifi Soldier tights are now their own costume piece to allow for glow on the fourth color channel.

• Scifi Soldier boots now have two detail options: Plain and Lines.

• Scifi Soldier tights are now available in the Jackets category.

• Smoke Auras have been added to the Debugger.

Release Notes for FC.31.20140303.19:

Preview

• Fixed an issue with some Scifi Soldier costume pieces that was causing the glow color to bleed into other colors.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Lordgar, this isn't really a bug but it is worth you knowing, I'm not sure if you saw it before...

The problem with testing costumes on PTS is that most of our costumes we've acquired over the last year or so sort of... vanish. They aren't accessible in the tailor at all. We can test the costume as it is or with the basic 'starter' tailor, but it's hard to get an assessment of it if we can't match it up with what we have.
  • Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Smoke auras? 80s guitar hero time.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Smoke auras? 80s guitar hero time.

Part of me hoped I was finally getting a cigar/cigarette.
  • Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Part of me hoped I was finally getting a cigar/cigarette.

Can't, the game is rated T, a few years ago it was ok to have those in T rated games, but nowadays it's a lot harder to get away with.
  • Options
    stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeay glowy things~!

bRbB2ayl.jpg

...actually.... Can the chest emblem glow too? That would be awesome. :3
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The smoke aura is very dark and menacing! Spooky~!

oi4Qr5rl.jpg

This looks cool. I get a feeling that players might want a lighter colored smoke aura too for bright red/blue/green colored smoke; e.g. blood mist, water, radiation, etc.... Maybe in the future?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Edit: removed non-bug.

Awesome work uncanny Devs, keep it up.
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    When I go to the jackets section of the costume editor the sci-fi soldier tights disappear. Did the wrong version get added?

uCCy7ALl.jpg

I believe the armored tights are meant to be worn with actual jackets.

As I understand it, that model doesn't have upper arms by design. Its to prevent clipping with theb jacket pieces
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    BUG: Scifi Soldier Feet: The Color 2 sections of the boots get tinted with whatever is chosen for Color 4 as the glow slider on Color 4 is turned up. The brighter the glow, the more tint is applied. Tested on both male and female characters.

Scifi%20Soldier%20Color%20Bug.jpg?psid=1

In all three of these, Color 2 is set to Deep Black, and glow is cranked up to 10.

I wasn't able to reproduce this on any other Scifi Soldier part.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    rstzedrstzed Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The SiFi suit screams bubble helmet but bubble helmets are not available. If we are to test new costumes we need more costume parts to test against. Before PW took over any toon imported had all costume parts it wore added to the tailor on the PTS. Please bring that feature back.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Bug: All costumes that have come out since the Victorian set are at a darker hue than all costume pieces before it.

Can we please have the hue of these pieces brighter so their colors matches the colors of all former costume pieces? This may include the Avian set.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    These minor things get fixed, the set will be good to go, I think. We'll figure out how well it plays with other sets once it's on live.

I hope you guys plan to release a weapons pack in the future. Seems a little hollow with our current selection.
  • Options
    novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Contrary to what the tooltip says, the Scifi Soldier hip wear is not available in the Hip Wear and Gear category. This appears to be because it's only in the "omni" hip wear category, which isn't available for the "Hips Wear & Gear" leg type.

Another thing that I find an issue with, personally, is the lack of matching arm accessories. Couldn't they just be duplicated over from the scifi soldier leg accessories and remodeled for the biceps?
    BUG: Scifi Soldier Feet: The Color 2 sections of the boots get tinted with whatever is chosen for Color 4 as the glow slider on Color 4 is turned up. The brighter the glow, the more tint is applied. Tested on both male and female characters.

In all three of these, Color 2 is set to Deep Black, and glow is cranked up to 10.  I wasn't able to reproduce this on any other Scifi Soldier part.

Actually, the gloves, both pieces of the tights, and even the collar (check the back) aren't safe from this hueing issue either. I found this after testing with every color on every piece of the set being full black other than the glow color.
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    1. Scifi Soldier tights are now their own costume piece to allow for glow on the fourth color channel.

2. Scifi Soldier boots now have two detail options: Plain and Lines.

I am really impressed how thease suggestions where implanted. I am very happy for this thank you so much lordgar.

Well I have 2 more suggestions that I whuold be geartful if they chuold be implanted.

1. Hi-heel choice for females.

2. More chest attachments

Also loving the smoke aura maybe a scrolling 10101010 like from the Socrates device?
    Psi.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I believe the armored tights are meant to be worn with actual jackets.

As I understand it, that model doesn't have upper arms by design. Its to prevent clipping with theb jacket pieces

Ah! You're right!
  • Options
    lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    We are currently updating PTS to a new version.

Preview

• Fixed an issue with some Scifi Soldier costume pieces that was causing the glow color to bleed into other colors.
  • Options
    luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Lordgar, this isn't really a bug but it is worth you knowing, I'm not sure if you saw it before...

The problem with testing costumes on PTS is that most of our costumes we've acquired over the last year or so sort of... vanish. They aren't accessible in the tailor at all. We can test the costume as it is or with the basic 'starter' tailor, but it's hard to get an assessment of it if we can't match it up with what we have.

That's because the PTS keeps a separate list of unlock flags for all the costumes on your account. Unless you got the perk, unlocked the costume, or bought it ON the PTS, it won't show up (which, yes, is lame because that immediately rules out all c-store pieces for testing, also rules out all of the unlocks you didn't have the foresight to copy over to PTS before unlocking). While there haven't been any serious bugs with new costumes combining with old c-store ones as far as I know, it would still be nice if they just flagged them all as unlocked for testing purposes.
    two lines of plain text
    the best kind of signature
  • Options
    megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hey hey Lordgar..we need to know what you guys are doing because it's getting bothersome that we are being told nothing of what you guys are focuseing on.
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That's because the PTS keeps a separate list of unlock flags for all the costumes on your account. Unless you got the perk, unlocked the costume, or bought it ON the PTS, it won't show up (which, yes, is lame because that immediately rules out all c-store pieces for testing, also rules out all of the unlocks you didn't have the foresight to copy over to PTS before unlocking). While there haven't been any serious bugs with new costumes combining with old c-store ones as far as I know, it would still be nice if they just flagged them all as unlocked for testing purposes.

Except, once upon a time and for a very long time(probably the majority of the time PTS has existed actually), this was not the case. Transferred toons used to retain access to all things they had on Live. :wink:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    manwholaughsmanwholaughs Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I see the 90s foxbat cape glide fix is going live today, which is nice, again lordgar I hope you take into account making this cape selectable under the other cape back options.

Edit: Finally got around to checking out the the 90s Foxbat cape whilst cape gliding now that it has hit live, I can't say I am all that impressed, I mean it doesn't look at all rigid like it should do, in fact it looks almost exactly like the default straight edged cape. When the 90s Foxbat cape is extended during cape glide mode it really needs to look more rigid and bat-like!
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lordgar wrote: »
    We are currently updating PTS to a new version.

Preview

Now do the same with Armor Light Tech 1. The Glow color bleeds to the 3rd color.
    And Armor Cyber Cable, 3rd color mixes with 1st one.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Dig the costume, thanks!

Hopefully at some point we can see the tailor on PTS get updated.
  • Options
    novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've noticed that the color bleed issue from glow is fixed for most of the Scifi Soldier pieces. However, the gloves still display the bleed issue.

By the way, very nice work on the set, guys. Very reminiscent of CoX, and in a good way. I love it.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Bug: Color error

Where it happens: 90s Foxbat Suit 1. Lower body

What happens: The first color section does not properly color the connecting ab section. There is a small amount of color that appears closely but this should be coloring the bottom ab section on the lower tights.

79db6cf3-efdf-43c9-b89f-eefad2695af4.jpg
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Bug: Cstore Emblems Not Available on Sci Fi Soldier Chest Wear
    Where it happens: Chestwear Attachment - Sci Fi Soldier emblem
    What: Unable to select any Cstore purchased emblems (or indeed perk earned emblems) to use on Sci Fi set.

Note 1: This also affects other cstore sets wiith emblem attachments (Jacket Urban from City Defender Set)

Note 2: was unable to test this before on PTS as purchased items from live not shown on PTS characters in tailor
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    Bug: Cstore Emblems Not Available on Sci Fi Soldier Chest Wear
    Where it happens: Chestwear Attachment - Sci Fi Soldier emblem
    What: Unable to select any Cstore purchased emblems (or indeed perk earned emblems) to use on Sci Fi set.

Note 1: This also affects other cstore sets wiith emblem attachments (Jacket Urban from City Defender Set)

Note 2: was unable to test this before on PTS as purchased items from live not shown on PTS characters in tailor

See and I asked about this specific problem when the armor first launched on PTS...

There really isn't a point to launching costume sets on the PTS if the Devs aren't going to let us test them properly before going live.