test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20140303.11/.12/.13 PTS Update

radioscienceradioscience Posts: 80 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PTS - The Archive
This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 3:15pm PDT, 3/25/2014

You can find release notes for previous unreleased PTS patches by using the link(s) below:

FC.31.20140303.10
FC.31.20140303.6
FC.31.20140303.5
FC.31.20140303.4
FC.31.20140303.3
FC.31.20140303.2
FC.31.20140303.1

Release Notes for FC.31.20140303.11:

FoxbatCon

• Added a few more ambient Fan lines.

• The IOU can now only be turned in once, but provides greater rewards and a perk.

UI

• The Costume Quartermaster and the Toy Master's stores have been updated to the newer tabbed-style stores to make them more readable.

Release Notes for FC.31.20140303.12:

UI
  • Removed Costume Quartermaster, as he no longer serves a useful purpose
  • Removed the Sell and Buyback tabs from the Toy Master

Preview

• Aura Glow items have been added to the Debugger.

Release Notes for FC.31.20140303.13:

FoxbatCon

• Mayor Biselle is now standing in front of the stage.
  • The mission "Foxbat Philography" will now complete more reliably.

Foxbat: The Movie Lockbox

• You will not longer get a "Lockbox Loyalty Card Stamp" item in your inventory when you open lockboxes in rapid succession. Existing items of this type will persist but now have a tooltip explaining that they can be discarded.
  • The lockbox has a new icon.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by radioscience on

Comments

• crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The IOU can now only be turned in once, but provides greater rewards and a perk.

I knew this was going to happen. *empties pockets of dozens of Foxbat IOUs*

In a court of law, Foxbat would have had to redeem EVERY one of these.
  • sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I told Foxbat not to say a word after beating 900 IOUs out of him over three days. Now I'm going to have to kill him...

Snark never dies.
  • rstzedrstzed Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    LOL I have about 300 IOU's in storage :)
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited March 2014

UI

• The Costume Quartermaster and the Toy Master's stores have been updated to the newer tabbed-style stores to make them more readable.

Bug: Toy Master Store - Buy/Sell/Buyback Tabs do nothing
    Where: In Store

Bug: Costume Quartermaster Store - Buy/Sell/Buyback Tabs do nothing
    Where: In Store

Also Buy tab on Costume Quartermaster Store seems pointless as perk rewarded costume parts are now automatic and item drops can be right clicked to equip them. Unless you are planning on adding old event costume items to that store at some point
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    . . . What's the reason of even keeping Costume Quartermaster yet Updating him?

I suggest makeing him sell ACTUAL Costume Pieces like Drifter, instead of having him being Space Occupier (waste of space as well)

...like the PRE-ALERT Weapon skins which alerts removed because they were bound with Gear and Power Replacements and Clipped the Weapon customization!

OR/and the Costume Pieces from the Past Lockboxes - Grab Bags that they will be NEVER available again!
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    avianos wrote: »

I suggest makeing him sell ACTUAL Costume Pieces like Drifter, instead of having him being Space Occupier (waste of space as well)

...like the PRE-ALERT Weapon skins which alerts removed because they were bound with Gear and Power Replacements!

what they said...
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited March 2014

...like the PRE-ALERT Weapon skins which alerts removed because they were bound with Gear and Power Replacements and Clipped the Weapon customization!

OR/and the Costume Pieces from the Past Lockboxes - Grab Bags that they will be NEVER available again!

Agreed agreed agreed agreed, and agreed.

The Costume Quartermaster has been only useful what, 2 months after launch? Is ANYONE expecting players from that far back in CO's existence to come back ever again?

Players walk up to him all the time and wonder what in the world he actually does. And for players who started playing from On-Alert onward (and FAR before that), he does absolutely nothing.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think the IOU thing was their April Fools prank

(If so, well played >_< I have a couple hundred balls to toss one by one over the next hour)
    two lines of plain text
    the best kind of signature
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    somebob wrote: »
    Agreed agreed agreed agreed, and agreed.

The Costume Quartermaster has been only useful what, 2 months after launch? Is ANYONE expecting players from that far back in CO's existence to come back ever again?

Players walk up to him all the time and wonder what in the world he actually does. And for players who started playing from On-Alert onward (and FAR before that), he does absolutely nothing.

Costume Quartermaster was added when tehy changed how VB costume drops worked.

As far as old costumes, put them in as ways to earn them through normal game play, not hand me outs.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    [*]The IOU can now only be turned in once, but provides greater rewards and a perk.
    [/LIST]

I was disappointed at first (grinded 40 IOUs), but I have to admit that perk is worth it, lol.
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Seconded. Plus the IOU is now worth 100 points, so its not a total waste.

Edit:

I think the costume quartermaster should either be updated with new stock, or removed from the game. He doesn't really have a function at the moment, and all the things he does are better accomplished by other vendors in the game.

Sidebar: If you guys wanted to add a weapons dealer to the recognition tent, that'd be a more awesome use of your time. I know a lot people want to get their hands on the weapon unlock skins.
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The 100 Cred and Perk for the IOU was a very nice change.

Thank you.
    edited March 2014
    Never remove the Quartermaster. Its who I've been going to sell items when zipping between the AH and the Bank.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    And he is one that doesn't have annoying civvies stampeding over with...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited March 2014
    Never remove the Quartermaster. Its who I've been going to sell items when zipping between the AH and the Bank.

Karneeki the Great? :P He is exactly front of Auction House
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited March 2014

For that role, I'd much rather they put in a 'junk bond' salesman in the AH.
  • lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We are currently updating PTS to FC.31.20140303.12

Release Notes for FC.31.20140303.12:

UI
    • Removed Costume Quartermaster, as he no longer serves a useful purpose
    • Removed the Sell and Buyback tabs from the Toy Master

Preview

• Aura Glow items have been added to the Debugger.
  • blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Finally, that useless ugly dude is gone. Thanks.
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Meh. While I'm not sad to see him go, it would have been nice to see him repurposed to offer costume drops that have been made unavailable since On Alert.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

edited March 2014
    Well the new glow aura is interesting. It works about as it sounds, just suffusing the area around your character with a low glow, without overpowering their actual costume. Not bad a deity.

I would pitch theDevs on putting glowing eyes into this set, this seems the ideal place for that :)
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kallethen wrote: »
    Meh. While I'm not sad to see him go, it would have been nice to see him repurposed to offer costume drops that have been made unavailable since On Alert.

Exactly. Would have been much better.

Could trade tokens or something for them.

As for the glow auras, they're a bit lackluster but at least they do what they are named. Glow.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Personally, I'd like to see someone put the Cyberpunk dudes back in the game. Most of the people I convinced to get the cyberpunk stuff, I showed them those guys- the males and females- it was a good 'mannequin'.

Can we perhaps put these guys to work in the crafting place, or maybe have them selling the vehicle upgrades? I think they need a place in the game to 'advertise' the costume.
    edited March 2014
    At least put a questionite vendor there.

The Costume Quartermaster was in the best spot to sell items since he was near the bank. And now you removed Toy Master's vendor too? So we HAVE to use the Requisition Officer to sell things? I'm going to sell my items to the Skill trainers out of spite. At least until the devs pointlessly go out of their way to remove them too along with even more things that just aren't necessary changes.

If you need to take the time to remove things, than at least readd things that were taken away that actually had a point. Aka Qwijibo Action Figure, rare Open Mission Purple Devices, Therkiel's Sword, etc.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Bugged: Civilians still stampede thru Requisition Officer spot pushing players away of it.
    Well, they do....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Bug - Vehicle Plasma Beam is Triggering Avenger Spec Choices

I noticed this on my vehicle on live after the last patch. My Desert Fox's Plasma Beam is triggering my Avenger spec tree choices (most notably: Anguish, Round 'em up, and Relentless Assault). This only occurs when my Power Armor toon w/Plasma Beam is pioliting the vehicle. So I'm assuming it has something to do with having Plasma Beam equipped on the vehicle and having PA's PB on my player character.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    edited March 2014
    riverocean wrote: »
    Bug - Vehicle Plasma Beam is Triggering Avenger Spec Choices

I noticed this on my vehicle on live after the last patch. My Desert Fox's Plasma Beam is triggering my Avenger spec tree choices (most notably: Anguish, Round 'em up, and Relentless Assault). This only occurs when my Power Armor toon w/Plasma Beam is pioliting the vehicle. So I'm assuming it has something to do with having Plasma Beam equipped on the vehicle and having PA's PB on my player character.

All player specs are potentially proc'd by vehicle attack, ironically they don't crit like they're supposed to. Go figure.
  • lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We are currently updating PTS to FC.31.20140303.13.

Release Notes for FC.31.20140303.13:

FoxbatCon

• Mayor Biselle is now standing in front of the stage.

• The mission "Foxbat Philography" will now complete more reliably.

Foxbat: The Movie Lockbox

• You will not longer get a "Lockbox Loyalty Card Stamp" item in your inventory when you open lockboxes in rapid succession. Existing items of this type will persist but now have a tooltip explaining that they can be discarded.

• The lockbox has a new icon.
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    btw, the foxbat merchandise vendor tells you now if oyu have a costume unlocked, but not an action figure. is this going to be fixed?
    edited March 2014
    The Foxbat shirt pattern is not available in all chest options. I can't wear the emblem with the 90s Jacket for example.

How did I oversee this?

Can you just change them to emblem (one that isn't available in capes because there's a cape unlocks just for it)? The two different T-shirt unlocks are different shaped Foxbat emblems anyways.
  • tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The foxbat fan shirts don't work for girls, I had a simliar issue the first week of beta, but then they unlocked however its back to square one with my foxbat fan girl outfit.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tfavsb10 wrote: »
    The foxbat fan shirts don't work for girls, I had a simliar issue the first week of beta, but then they unlocked however its back to square one with my foxbat fan girl outfit.

Just bumping in w/my thoughts. The Foxbat T-shirt not working for female characters is disappointing. :confused:

Can someone chime in.. is this WAI?
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    OCHWDo6.jpg?1
    vxnLiRB.jpg?1

I like subtlety of the glow aura, but on larger characters the main aura is all but invisible. Perhaps include a thick version for larger characters?
    edited March 2014
    It seems that all little costume and perk related stuff is stuck as is until maybe next year. No Prankster. No broad variety with the shirts.

As for the Glowing Aura, can it have something unique to it? It looks like Kinetic Manipulation with just extra individual parts to round out a set.
    edited March 2014
    Bug: The 90s Foxbat cowl and the classic cowl only work with their specific capes.

Previously, capes could work with any cape styles. Taking that away with the new capes eliminates a great deal of flexibility for the cape set. I know the cowled one in Classic Foxbat Cape has been wanted for some time.
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    OCHWDo6.jpg?1
    vxnLiRB.jpg?1

I like subtlety of the glow aura, but on larger characters the main aura is all but invisible. Perhaps include a thick version for larger characters?

I'd also like to mention that certain other aura's don't scale with body mass to like Seraphim Aura and Lightning Reflexes Aura, how bout just adjusting them to scale with Body mass!?
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • manwholaughsmanwholaughs Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    BUG: 90s Foxbat Cape does not work with cape glide, instead the default cape is shown, please fix this as I spent a lot getting this costume set, and I want to be able to use it with cape glide!
    edited March 2014
    Could you please, PLEASE make available the Body Sliders that Makes the Foxbat fans' look fat!
    And I talk for that Belly slider! I mean... seriously you can't archieve such Belly with the current customization!

people like myself have Chubby/Fat characters, and I don't see why :3
    Character Diversity! Not every Hero need to be the body equivalent of a Greek God
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Could you please, PLEASE make available the Body Sliders that Makes the Foxbat fans' look fat!
    And I talk for that Belly slider! I mean... seriously you can't archieve such Belly with the current customization!

people like myself have Chubby/Fat characters, and I don't see why :3
    Character Diversity! Not every Hero need to be the body equivalent of a Greek God

That would be awesome!

This would be right up there with allowing more variety in female body types.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited March 2014
    Recommendations, not bugs.

Make a 'bracer' option for the 90's foxbat gauntlet. I like it, except the actual glove. I'd like to see it used with clawed gloves, Holo Hex gloves, etc.

Adjust the 90's foxbat cape mantle- it should probably be a collar. Push it down a bit, too. It's a bit bulky.

90's foxbat tights don't work with anything except tights. No skirts, etc.
    edited March 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    90s foxbat gauntlet could use a bracer option so long as it keeps its other options as well.

the 90s foxbat mantle I think should stay as is or get a new category (along with a slider bar for the interface) as you can make some really cool combos using neck parts and that mantle.

I concur with the above statement. I wouldn't mind seeing the same part in several categories.
    edited March 2014
    In matter of fact get ride of the Limitation and let us use Long Gloves WITH Bracers! =_= Let us use Bracers on Long Gloves
    What;s the reason of this Limitation in the First place? :/

Still wanting that Belly Slider foxbat's fans are using BTW! :3 Give us fat people!
    Remember Devs, we want more Divercity on character appearence
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    I do not like the costumes in every category trend that's been going on. I get that it increases customization, and that's a good thing, but the tailor looks incredibly sloppy right now. The categories mean next to nothing, and I can only imagine a newcomer not being able to make much sense of it.

Would like to see a tailor overhaul sometime in the future that does away with the trivial restrictions, organizes and simplifies the categories.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The tailor definitely needs to be alphabetized with the costume pieces, that's for sure.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited March 2014
    To be serious, I think the tailor needs its categories merged and overhauled. We have chest piece category in tights and skins. That merits merging the T&S category with the chests category, and that's only one example.
    edited March 2014
    Kaizerin, you are the last person in the world who can make any statements about lack of restrictions in the tailor, just saying. :p

To be serious, I think the tailor needs its categories merged and overhauled. We have chest piece category in tights and skins. That merits merging the T&S category with the chests category, and that's only one example.

Easily fixed by adding a 'none' option and an 'Emblem' option in Chest Wear and gear
    edited March 2014
    Add the 90's Foxbat Mantle to the back with one of the contemporary kevlar vests...

You're welcome.
  • kriss94kriss94 Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I also support this idea!