test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes: 03/06/14

dwightmcdwightmc Posts: 95 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Release Notes
Rampages

Sky Carrier now rewards Questionite, tokens, and rare loot in the main drop. Smaller loot drops for saving specific engines contain mods or recognition.

Fire and Ice: Everyone now gets scoreboard credit, regardless of who you attack or don't attack.

UNTIL Liaison Bradley no longer offers a personal mission to play Sky Carrier.

Costumes

The capes from the Archer costume set now work with Cape Glide. If you were wearing one before this patch, it will be missing the cloth part until you next visit the tailor.

The Robot Samurai's Bow Ends are now available in all categories.

UI

Chat bubbles now have a bit more padding.

The "website" button on the login screen was opening the wrong page. Fixed.

The calendar has been adjusted for daylight saving time. This will look odd until DST actually kicks in.
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kermit-arm-flail-1392075955.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • flechusflechus Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Its Nemcom still unaccesible?

I support "Sell Z-store items individually" & Japan Zone
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I thought it was fixed in last patch.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »

Costumes

The capes from the Archer costume set now work with Cape Glide. If you were wearing one before this patch, it will be missing the cloth part until you next visit the tailor.

The Robot Samurai's Bow Ends are now available in all categories.

That's good news:smile:

While we are on the subject of costumes, I was wondering if there is any news on a fix to the Victorian Skirt. The third colour was broken several weeks ago.

Also, concerning the UNTIL military jacket which drops in the SC Rampage, the male version has rather ugly yellow bars on it that can't be colour-changed, I take it that this is an oversight as the female version works well enough.

Also, the side parts of the new Safety Glasses aren't colourable. I imagine that this is also an oversight.

We'd really appreciate some fixes to these.

Thanks.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • thebizithebizi Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Nice that the Fire and Ice rampage has been fixed, though honestly can't say I'm happy about Sky Carrier. These rampages are already massive grinds, and I'm already getting burnt out on them before even having a full set of gear. Sky Carrier already takes a while to complete and gets monotonous. Now it has to be done around seven times more often to get the same number of tokens.
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    thebizi wrote: »
    Nice that the Fire and Ice rampage has been fixed, though honestly can't say I'm happy about Sky Carrier. These rampages are already massive grinds, and I'm already getting burnt out on them before even having a full set of gear. Sky Carrier already takes a while to complete and gets monotonous. Now it has to be done around seven times more often to get the same number of tokens.

Moderation is Key.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The chat bubbles are going to surprise many people when the servers come back up like they did me when I went PTS. :D
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The thing that would surprise me if is if there was an emote chat bubble.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The thing that would surprise me if is if there was an emote chat bubble.

"Hero dances with Heroine"
    *ignores for spam*

Yeah no thanks.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think they mean an emote chat bubble where you can type a command with some text to put that text into the bubble. Not one that makes a chat bubble appear with EVERY emote.

How can you guys misunderstand that?
  • pubiwodipubiwodi Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think they mean an emote chat bubble where you can type a command with some text to put that text into the bubble. Not one that makes a chat bubble appear with EVERY emote.

How can you guys misunderstand that?

We used to have /herosay but, last I checked, it was removed.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Chaos Aura. Yay.

Not my cup of tea, because I think we've already got two devices that do this very same thing- Dark Aura and Dark Speed.

Can we move auras away from elemental and magic themes next, please?
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Chaos Aura. Yay.

Not my cup of tea, because I think we've already got two devices that do this very same thing- Dark Aura and Dark Speed.

Can we move auras away from elemental and magic themes next, please?

An aura that create a cloud of spent shell casings flying away from you (I know that some weapons already do this too) would be awesome.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ashensnow wrote: »
    An aura that create a cloud of spent shell casings flying away from you (I know that some weapons already do this too) would be awesome.

I wish they'd make the holo hex shields into an aura.
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2014

THIS, and more tech auras in general would be awesome. Shields, projected armor, circuitry patterning and stuff like that would be so much fun.
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Yeah, I'd buy that.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pubiwodi wrote: »
    We used to have /herosay but, last I checked, it was removed.

its called /playersay now it creates a speech bubble of what you want to say without actually hitting the chat window
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jerax1011 wrote: »
    THIS, and more tech auras in general would be awesome. Shields, projected armor, circuitry patterning and stuff like that would be so much fun.

I could totally go for this. We need to get away from the vague ' formless energy emanating from the body' type auras such as the new chaos one.

There was a nice suggestion (in the suggestion section of these forums) for animal auras too.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Digital effect from the munions in Fatal Error.

Plz.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • aceretrieveraceretriever Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Digital effect from the munions in Fatal Error.

Plz.

Please this. I would kill for this.
    Champions: @ace112233
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    /playersay is the command you are looking for - this creates a chat bubble with text you give it but doesnt say it in any channel.

Rather amusing when you use it while waiting for a rez, as the bubble appears from your bottom.

(dammit must have skipped a post - see this has already been provided)
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you crash or get disconnected for any reason at any time during Sky Command, even the beginning, you won't get ANY rewards since you won't be on the score board.

Sky Command is dropping R2s and R3s instead of R3s and R4s.
  • dikawolfdikawolf Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    /playersay is the command you are looking for - this creates a chat bubble with text you give it but doesnt say it in any channel.

Rather amusing when you use it while waiting for a rez, as the bubble appears from your bottom.

(dammit must have skipped a post - see this has already been provided)

My issue with /playersay is that it's basically talking to myself, as no one other than the player using it sees the bubbles.
    Be sure to check out my DeviantArt page!