test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reduce The Number Of Currencies In Game

blkmaskblkmask Posts: 39 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Suggestions Box
Please reduce the number of currencies in the game.

At this point, many of them are absolutely useless. Actually, there should only be three currencies in game at a minimum: Global, Questionite, and Zen. Nothing else is actually needed.

The sheer number of currencies in the game actually requires a constant flow of new content something Champions rarely gets.

Global = will be the currency for players to exchange and purchase from AH.
Questionite = should be the currency to purchase items from the vendors.
Zen = will be the currency to purchase from the Z-Store.
Post edited by blkmask on

Comments

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,605 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Local, National, and Global

Acclaim

Snakenucks

UNTIL and UNITY Tokens

MCPD, Primus, UNTIL, and Silver Rec

Nemesis Tokens

Quistionite Ore, Questionite

Drifter Salvage

All 4 different Rampage tokens

I might be missing one or two.
  • Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I might be missing one or two.

Snakebucks, nemtokens and technically Keys are a currency as well.

I agree that the currencies are a tad too many... especially since they aren't account combined.

The rec stuff/snakebucks should just be unlocks that you can obtain once you've reached a certain rep level, over a currency. This should be especially true for the costume unlocks and travel powers for the different types. As far as gear/healing/mods, make them unlock at various levels for a purchase price using G.
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    No, we need more currencies. I demand "Defender Dollars" and "Kinetic Koins".
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The currencies should be like so

Questionite
    Questionite ore
    [Magical questionite ore refining button of amazingness]
    global/national/local
    drifter salvage
    zen
    keys
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    blkmask: So...you want to play Neverwinter? :eek:

Honestly, most of this junk is barely a "currency." It's something that sits on a lil line in your currency tabs(unless it's those justice tokens) that people use to get stuff from "this one guy I know."

Honestly, I feel there are monumentally larger fish to tackle than this. Also, when/if the Campaign Zone shows up...expect more currencies. Somewhere in the ballpark of 1(most STO CZs) to 4(NW's Feywild).

IMO, so long as it's on the currency tab and we don't make a big habit out of the Justice tokens practice....no big deal. :wink:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Setting-wise, I wish Cryptic would stop using questionite as a currency altogether. The stuff in-game is supposed to be a rare super-metal, not something everybody and their dog accumulates piles of.
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    bulgarex wrote: »
    Setting-wise, I wish Cryptic would stop using questionite as a currency altogether. The stuff in-game is supposed to be a rare super-metal, not something everybody and their dog accumulates piles of.

Yeah it should be questonium, a faux questionite substitute scraped from the front inside of caliga's helmet after a long day of zone shouting.
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    crosschan wrote: »

Honestly, most of this junk is barely a "currency." It's something that sits on a lil line in your currency tabs(unless it's those justice tokens) that people use to get stuff from "this one guy I know."

Honestly, I feel there are monumentally larger fish to tackle than this. Also, when/if the Campaign Zone shows up...expect more currencies. Somewhere in the ballpark of 1(most STO CZs) to 4(NW's Feywild).

IMO, so long as it's on the currency tab and we don't make a big habit out of the Justice tokens practice....no big deal. :wink:

In some cases, especially concerning PRIMUS/UNTIL/Silver Champion/Drifter tokens, it basically serves as a necessary way to tier prizes, or to just tie them to certain areas (snakebucks, which are literally the most pointless 'currency' ever. Also the oldest as it turns out.) When it comes down to it, the three ones that really make much difference as an actual currency are Resources, Questionite, and Zen. I'm totally not up for more currency types for the heck of it, but in some cases, such as encouraging players to actually go through weird rampages, adding prizes/tokens exclusive to the said event is a way of doing it.

The flipside, however, is that it's also very touchy and difficult to remove currency. How are people with a bunch of said hypothetically-dropped currency going to be compensated?
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The recognition tokens don't bother me much, especially since they do not take up inventory space. My only issue I have with them is that we cannot trade up lower tier recognition for higher tier (I'm not asking for a 1 to 1 trade here, maybe 5 to 1). This is especially since I've bought all the costume parts and travel powers from the lower tiers.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    bluhman wrote: »
    In some cases, especially concerning PRIMUS/UNTIL/Silver Champion/Drifter tokens, it basically serves as a necessary way to tier prizes, or to just tie them to certain areas (snakebucks, which are literally the most pointless 'currency' ever. Also the oldest as it turns out.) When it comes down to it, the three ones that really make much difference as an actual currency are Resources, Questionite, and Zen. I'm totally not up for more currency types for the heck of it, but in some cases, such as encouraging players to actually go through weird rampages, adding prizes/tokens exclusive to the said event is a way of doing it.

The flipside, however, is that it's also very touchy and difficult to remove currency. How are people with a bunch of said hypothetically-dropped currency going to be compensated?

This actually highlights a very important fact about the different currencies and how they could be used to influence players to go and start using some of that content that's just sitting out there unused. Perhaps each Lair needs its own currency?
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    crosschan wrote: »

I would love to be able to throw my tokens into my shared bank account or sell them on the AH. That's a great idea.

If unity, mcpd, snakebucks, acclaim, locals, nationals, or primus rec disappeared, I wouldn't even notice since they are all so worthless. At least nationals and locals magically turn into globals.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    bulgarex wrote: »

I don't think we have piles of it, I think it's more like credit. AKA we are credited this much that we can have, and who knows what the measurement is in. Maybe grains.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    ninten92ninten92 Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I don't really think there's too many currencies at once in CO per-se, I just find that some, like the Recog, end up being useless after a certain point.
    If I've already bought all of the Travel Powers and costumes and such from the vendors, do I really need to keep using any more? No. So it all keeps adding up.

Frankly, I think there should be more items available in some vendors, like the old craftable costume parts or Power Replacers, ones that can have mod slots if possible, to keep them useful with the new-ish system.
    Just another average RPer, costume part collector, and tabletop gamer.

Looking for a lore-based Superhero RPSG? Why not http://earth-guard.shivtr.com/
    ?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bludskarrbludskarr Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you could get some good leveling gear with the recognition tokens that would be something anyway. As is after you've unlocked the costumes and travel powers they are utterly useless to anyone's alt who goes through those zones. You can take trade them in for a mystery box that might maybe have a useful piece of gear but will probably be worthless to you.

How about if you could spend MCPD tokens on level 17 gear with bonus to your super stats, not fixed gear specific stats that you could take with you through Canada, where you can by gear to take back to MC and so on. It wouldn't be terribly useful to players with account bound, level adjusting gear. But not everyone has mountains of Q or opportunity to gather lots of Nem tokens.

New effects for old powers

More EXP for Adventure Packs please.
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Everybody forgetting Therakiel's burnt feather and lame drops from Therakiel's Temple...