test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

looking for way to access game's CGI model files

ratchetman2ratchetman2 Posts: 27 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
My friends and I are making a film based in the world of champions, and originally we where going to use 2D Cartoon style animation but that turned out to be more trouble than it's worth, and we're all pretty good with CGI but the one thing we can't do is find a way to make our characters in CGI.

we're able to build the props and the sets it's just the characters we can't seem to get right, anyone know a way to access the CGI model files of our character's costumes without downloading any weird programs? (if the way involves me downloading something weird then my answer is "no")

P.S.I will not download any 3rd party programs for this (to many experiences with viruses) so someone please tell me a way to access the files and import them into a CGI animating program like Blender or 4D Cinema.
Post edited by ratchetman2 on

Comments

• Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited October 2013
    Decrypting and unpacking game files is against terms of service, and it also requires third part program.

Try demo_record.
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Decrypting and unpacking game files is against terms of service, and it also requires third part program.

Try demo_record.

^this, also you could use the green screen room in one of the powerhouses if you want to replace backgrounds - powerhouse in desert or canada is usually pretty sparsely populated.
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Use /demo_record and -demoplay mode to capture the best screenshots.
    You can even copy/paste character data between files to replace costumes/characters in scenes.
  • Options
    ratchetman2ratchetman2 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    eiledon wrote: »
    ^this, also you could use the green screen room in one of the powerhouses if you want to replace backgrounds - powerhouse in desert or canada is usually pretty sparsely populated.

Diidn't want to decrypt files, was just curious if there was an easy way to access the files like with league of legends, and the green screen room is garbage for films, mouth animations wouldn't match up and it wouldn't look good for half the things in the movie.