What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Post your BEST costumes here!

Comments

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is Relict.

24e1fk5.jpg

I must say that this toon is hardly my favorite anf often played. It was made when the Unleashed AT was introduced, but I never liked it enough to play even to 20 lvl. Same was when it was freeform.

But I do like her costume and how it turned out. From proportions to arms and armor.
    It's always sad when you have a great costume, but the build/concept does not excite.

I create Tyro, Lord of Soderfjord, as a back before they had created The Devastator hoping he wound swing a huge hammer as my old Tyro did when I played TT D&D in the '80s. All I could chose for him at the time was The Behemoth and it did not feel right.

Even though it seem wrong for the costume, I re-made him as a Glacier and had a blast using him that way. I did a little re-write in his Bio explaining that his magical gear began to fail him and that he turned to Witchcraft for help and how she was able to combine the magic from one of his rings with his mighty looking hammer that now allowed him access to the plane of Ice Elementals and that they would willing do his bidding in the name of justice etc.

Or something like that. ;-)

If you really like a costume, there are always ways to make it work with another concept. All you need do is get creative with a bio. Or skip the bio all together and just have fun playing as a Giant Gorilla that is using The Inferno because you think a Giant Gorilla looks cool and you really enjoy The Inferno.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited August 2013
    Will never work with this toon, because it's character concept closely linked with use of blades and a name that makes it not very RPable. And without bronze blades it's no longer the same concept, neither name makes sense.

Not a big problem overall, since making quality costumes isn't too difficult for me. So one not being used very often is hardly a tragedy.
  • ectooneectoone Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Recurve_Screen_zps2b5744b7.png

This is my Archer known as Recurve.
  • spiderdude4spiderdude4 Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Recurve looks like a teched out Robin Hood. I like it!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Hope1 ingame. PRIMUS Database Characters
    edited August 2013
    Will never work with this toon, because it's character concept closely linked with use of blades and a name that makes it not very RPable. And without bronze blades it's no longer the same concept, neither name makes sense.

Not a big problem overall, since making quality costumes isn't too difficult for me. So one not being used very often is hardly a tragedy.

Well, then, why not post the costume files over on the Champions Costume Exchange.

Many of us are not nearly as skilled as costume design. I'm sure someone who uses this board will bring her to life again, in one form or another. :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am kind of proud of this costume.

The Arachnid.
    Arachnid_zps94730b55.png
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited August 2013
    My new costume updates

Night Spider, formal, but with added creep factor/Spider feel

Your_Worst_Nightmare.jpg

Ebon Widow, This isint her main costume but it's the closest to the Black Widow inspiration concept

Ebon_Widow_8.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • logandarklighterlogandarklighter Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My new costume updates

Night Spider, formal, but with added creep factor/Spider feel

Your_Worst_Nightmare.jpg

Ebon Widow, This isint her main costume but it's the closest to the Black Widow inspiration concept

Ebon_Widow_8.jpg

REALLY like these two. Particularly Ebon Widow. I think I've seen her in-game recently - perhaps even teamed in an alert with her.
    edited August 2013
    Here's a fun sequence I managed to capture of Dynamo Joe fighting one of Cyberlord's robot guards in the Carrier Wave mission.

YjAgDpi.jpg
    iUll3Xu.jpg
    IX6CLJB.jpg
    p5y3D7p.jpg

(Full sequence here:

Fight 01
    Fight 02
    Fight 03
    Fight 04
    Fight 05
    Fight 06
    Fight 07
    Fight 08 )
    edited August 2013
    Moar updates.

Ebon Widow solely this time, I think I do great with Cyberpunk chest/chestwear combos

Scales for a body armor look:

Widowgun1.jpg

Infiltrator Suit:

Voldarim_Hexweave_%28Ebon_Widow%29.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    Moar updates.

Ebon Widow solely this time, I think I do great with Cyberpunk chest/chestwear combos

Scales for a body armor look:

Widowgun1.jpg

Infiltrator Suit:

Voldarim_Hexweave_%28Ebon_Widow%29.jpg
    Black is the new black - finally. :cool:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Some random silliness, and a few more of my alts.

ap5w.jpg
    Nephilim thing I made for a cc with Aeolus. It's 5x as impressive when you see us standing next to one another, since every single little detail (up to and including cracked pieces and where we had the blades) was reversed.

2dna.jpg
    Pulsar's anime look.

yxw3.jpg
    The Black Mamba. Cat burglar extraordinaire, and marginally a hero.

3zw9.jpg
    One doesn't simply kill the batpool.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited August 2013
    hy9y.jpg
    This is what happens when you tell me to make a my little pony. Robofluttershy was a go. The costume file doesn't do this thing justice, he actually has a snout, and is flat out uncanny when I put him in bestial huge stance.

y92c.jpg
    Gender bent cc for the champions heroes. I chose Juryrig.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You know, you can take a screenshot of Robofluttershy and post it, too. :smile:

Batpool, Spider-Bat - who else can we mash Bats up with? :wink:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • gravegiver16gravegiver16 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Heres my work in progress Iron Man/ Guyver Hybrid

tqqz.jpg

link below to zoom in

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7871/tqqz.jpg

still working on the legs and maybe chest i didnt want a complete rip off wanted a unique flair to the chest minus the power gem hence the glowing parts
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Been awhile since I came up with a decent costume so think I'll share one of the most recent ones I made. Here is my attempt to making a nemesis that was transformed into this half machine, half magic golem being after a explosion in my hero's lab.

2nteao0.jpg

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited August 2013
    Scythe:

2lxhw9c.jpg

Not exactly sane alien bounty hunter, pardon, "freelance peace-keeping agent" currently employed by PRIMUS.

This costume was on purpose made to be painful for eyes and to reflect her personality.
    edited August 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    You know, you can take a screenshot of Robofluttershy and post it, too. :smile:

I actually got the idea of a bat mashup from you. I don't play him, but he came about as a part of an SG we were making that hallmarked stuff like RedBlackers, Awful clones, and such. I almost made "Captain Chest Slider", but even I couldn't rock that costume.

I'll have to take some actual screenies of some of my costumes, I haven't bothered yet because I'd have to edit em, and I have yet to install my copy of photoshop on this computer. :D
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Some new favorites of out my stash o_o

Some police armor ..

screenshot_2013-08-02-20-51-26_zpsf7eeea16.jpg

Undead mummy dude
    screenshot_2013-06-20-21-36-31_zps3f30e5fc.jpg

SWAT dude :| Yes im lazy with names lol
    screenshot_2013-08-04-00-27-27_zps72a4eaa8.jpg
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
    edited August 2013
    We've got ourselves a WWE rumble style situation going on here. Iris' action figure decided to run up and give Quasar a good old fashioned staredown.

I had this mission to create a costume that fully resembled an action figure, with proper proportions and all. This was the result.

wih7.jpg
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited August 2013
    8xb9.jpg

Raven, who just hit 40.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited August 2013
    We've got ourselves a WWE rumble style situation going on here. Iris' action figure decided to run up and give Quasar a good old fashioned staredown.

I had this mission to create a costume that fully resembled an action figure, with proper proportions and all. This was the result.

wih7.jpg

I bet Iris left a kiss mark on his helmet :tongue:

"Embrace your dreams"

• mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My best costume at this day.

screenshot_2013-08-28-14-29-50.jpg

I have never found more enjoyment on any other character.

• nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    menotrpa wrote: »
    And here fracture enjoying a NEON PARTY!
    yes a TRON inspired char

All those lines go great in Caprice. Caprice's disco floor could use an update, ugh.
    Its that nicotine stains or what?
    Oh and here's the BEST costume in the whole game.
    O1hQIwI.png

Vend to the end!
  • meeoeoowiemeeoeoowie Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    An angel guy thing (Think I named him Aurolith at some point. The others are also jealous of his massive image, don't rub it in their face)
    uJPJCWa.jpg

An alien robot thing
    A8eqd7b.png

Xeni the gene thieving alien!
    x35mjjz.png

Mei the-... Panda.
    uV1exrB.png
    [A Place to Post Power Concepts] - I don't update this thing as often as I want to, but it is not abandoned!
    [Daily Login Rewards] - They sure would spice things up a bit!
    [Monthly Rewards and Silver Players] - Surely there should be some way to get them, no matter how difficult!
    [Discussion Concerning Event Powers] - Feel like you're missing out on Holy Water? Uh, probably shouldn't.
    [Discussion Concerning Energy Stats] - More or less what it says on the tin, there.
    [Analysis of Sorcery Copy-Powers] - I showcase some visual chopjobs, and such.
    [Analysis of a Poison Spread Bug] - The different interactions Virulent Propagation and Bite has with all poisons.
  • m1ndfr1km1ndfr1k Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    edited September 2013
    Made this outfit few months ago and was good enough to win a CC :biggrin:

wlqiyq.jpg

"Embrace your dreams"

• cptmillenniumcptmillennium Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I seem to get more compliments on Silver Sentinel than any of my other characters. He's loosely based on Astro City's Silver Agent.

dp79g1.jpg
    I seem to get more compliments on Silver Sentinel than any of my other characters. He's loosely based on Astro City's Silver Agent.

dp79g1.jpg

OOoOooohhhh wow!!! this is sweet I love it!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • benevonbenevon Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited September 2013

dp79g1.jpg

Hey, ended up in a bunch of Cybermind alerts with him. Love the costume, simple yet distinguishable. :biggrin:

My Characters on PRIMUS
    Toons and costumes thread
    @Benevon
    Leader of Super Serious Brooding Vigilantes
    edited September 2013
    Shogun Warriors style giant robot designs. I think I'm getting pretty good at these. :)

jvdtjRc.png

mswU7T3.png

EW29LB8.png
    edited September 2013
    Another "Pacific Rim" character homage. This is my interpretation for the Russian Jaeger Cherno Alpha.

cHaoovf.png
    edited September 2013

dp79g1.jpg

And I gotta chime in with praise for this one too. I think it's the simplicity and the contrast that does it. He's got a very distinctive silhouette that I don't think would get "lost" in all the power effects and combat going on. You can spot this guy and tell exactly who he is much faster than many other character designs.
    edited September 2013

wih7.jpg
    I think I missed remarking how cool this is.

So many heroes push the limit on the grow effects, but I love that you can really get as small as a AF.

Now if we could just go fight some bad guys under a micro-scope or at the sub-atomic level...

:wink:

btw - What all did you do to get so tiny? Also, before adding "effects," what is your hero's height?
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • cptcooltasticcptcooltastic Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think I missed remarking how cool this is.

So many heroes push the limit on the grow effects, but I love that you can really get as small as a AF.

Now if we could just go fight some bad guys under a micro-scope or at the sub-atomic level...

:wink:

btw - What all did you do to get so tiny? Also, before adding "effects," what is your hero's height?

To get to around AF height you should be somewhere around 6ft. Then it's as easy as turning on your Super Shrinker.:tongue:
    edited September 2013
    Not quite. The proportion ratios on that took me like 4 hours. You have to be minimum height, and shrink your legs and arms down to chibi proportions. I'm normally nearly as small as people with super shrinkers on, with that costume, if they're 7 feet tall normally. They come up to about mid chest or so.

It's just a super shrinker, and a LOT of slider work.

After I resub, I'll share the template for it in here. I'd love to see what people do with it. :)
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • ginonovantaginonovanta Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

dp79g1.jpg

In fact i thought of silver agent when first i saw him,even before i read your description XD
  • meeoeoowiemeeoeoowie Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Have a mayan warrior I made? ....I dunno

IkbCZNC.jpg

He's based on how mayan gods were depicted or something. Yup.
    [A Place to Post Power Concepts] - I don't update this thing as often as I want to, but it is not abandoned!
    [Daily Login Rewards] - They sure would spice things up a bit!
    [Monthly Rewards and Silver Players] - Surely there should be some way to get them, no matter how difficult!
    [Discussion Concerning Event Powers] - Feel like you're missing out on Holy Water? Uh, probably shouldn't.
    [Discussion Concerning Energy Stats] - More or less what it says on the tin, there.
    [Analysis of Sorcery Copy-Powers] - I showcase some visual chopjobs, and such.
    [Analysis of a Poison Spread Bug] - The different interactions Virulent Propagation and Bite has with all poisons.
    edited September 2013
    meeoeoowie wrote: »

IkbCZNC.jpg

Holy *Beep* that looks awesome.

"Embrace your dreams"

• cptmillenniumcptmillennium Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    meeoeoowie wrote: »

IkbCZNC.jpg

That's pretty amazing!
    jonsills wrote: »
    Bat-Devil!
    th_2013_09-Bat-Devil.jpg
  • villainessavillainessa Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm proud of this one :biggrin: From my healer, Talice.

th_screenshot_2013-09-13-08-43-07_zpsb05d7cb6.jpgth_screenshot_2013-08-13-00-43-31_zps8f9d7098.jpg
    edited September 2013
    I'm proud of this one :biggrin: From my healer, Talice.

th_screenshot_2013-09-13-08-43-07_zpsb05d7cb6.jpgth_screenshot_2013-08-13-00-43-31_zps8f9d7098.jpg

That....Is spooky as all get out!

Love it! :biggrin:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pein1337pein1337 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm not that great when it comes to costumes, alhtough I did make this based on an ice archetype, rp-wise she's a human with an ice elemental within her ( yada yada )

2h5ryx2.jpg
    If you want a bigger picture, right click and copy the picture link then put it in your browser.

2d6s95j.jpg
  • ussnighthawkussnighthawk Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I don't think I've posted in here, but if I have 1) sorry and 2) new characters and updated costumes. A lot of mine are based on my CoH characters:

Knight'Hawk/Night'hawk

KH/NH Light Armor

KH/NH Heavy Armor (also used in space or underwater)

GeeForce (made him a couple weeks before shut down; was actually becoming one of my favorites...)

Yellow Jacket ('Hawk's nemesis)

A couple are CO "originals" (quotes, cause they're quite obviously influenced by existing heroes....excuse my lack of imagination):

Crimson Cardinal

Emerald Eagle (my university is known as the "Mean Green" but our mascot is the Eagle)

No relation to "the" Nighthawk.

Refugee from Paragon City. :(

[SIGPIC]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z297/MetalRacer78/FacesOfNighthawk-ForumSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2013
    I don't think I've posted in here, but if I have 1) sorry and 2) new characters and updated costumes. A lot of mine are based on my CoH characters:

Knight'Hawk/Night'hawk

KH/NH Light Armor

KH/NH Heavy Armor (also used in space or underwater)

GeeForce (made him a couple weeks before shut down; was actually becoming one of my favorites...)

Yellow Jacket ('Hawk's nemesis)

A couple are CO "originals" (quotes, cause they're quite obviously influenced by existing heroes....excuse my lack of imagination):

Crimson Cardinal

Emerald Eagle (my university is known as the "Mean Green" but our mascot is the Eagle)

Knight Hawk's heavy armor (CoH version)...those boots needs to be in CO. :tongue:

My Characters on PRIMUS
    @Benevon
  • ussnighthawkussnighthawk Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    benevon wrote: »
    Knight Hawk's heavy armor (CoH version)...those boots needs to be in CO. :tongue:

Yes, yes they do. Wouldn't mind those shoulder pieces or gloves either.

No relation to "the" Nighthawk.

Refugee from Paragon City. :(

[SIGPIC]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z297/MetalRacer78/FacesOfNighthawk-ForumSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2013
    Here is a fun one that I threw together, M95 Bulldog. Basically a military tank suit. Enjoy.

Bulldog.png

My Characters on PRIMUS
    @Benevon
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Nice use of the Socrates chest and Cybermind bracers man. I like.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    benevon wrote: »
    Here is a fun one that I threw together, M95 Bulldog. Basically a military tank suit. Enjoy.

Bulldog.png

Thats not a HUGE power button on the front of the suit is it? Id think that would be a pretty serious design flaw :tongue:

Design flaw aside, its an awesome costume :biggrin: