Install Arc
Options

Your thoughts on banning devices from PvP

Comments

• Options
    jaguar40jaguar40 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I say let them have them.

It's another power available just like anything else.

Me personally I dont use devices, but then again I'm there to test my character against various situations outside PVE. If they feel they need to use devices to win against me, then I'm flattered
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Your _incomplete_ builds don't do well in PVP? DON'T WORRY! HERE ARE YOUR DEVICES!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA AAAAAAAAAAH HAHAHA prove me that this isn't the case. You can't. Whenever I see a freeform with Necrullitic Elixir I facepalm. needs moar heals with conviction, bionic shielding, palliate, resurgence, BCR... :biggrin: OLOLOLOLOL the only device with a meaning is Psionic Surge, which knocks your perma Ascension off the air.

And LOL ERUPTION. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOOL XD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    U using Devices?
    Easymode.png
    Only kids uses Devices. KYAHAHAHAHAHA !!
  • Options
    highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just skipped from the page 3 of this thread to the page 20, and well it feels like I'm at page 4. I guess I'll throw in my stupid idea too.
    IIn pvp zones/duels, freeform characters see their device trail reduced to one slot. Archetypes have 2 (maybe 3 ?) slots. That's all. And do something so nobody can access their inventory or switch builds while in combat. This way you'll have to wisely choose your overpowered toy, instead of just picking them all and becoming the ultimate faceroll machine. Also, no more of perma eruption, perma NPG knockback of ever, 15 vs 1 (dinos), etc... I'm sure you can handle 3 dinos, someone getting invincible for 20 secs or one single big hit from NPG every 30 seconds. Devices X5 ? hell no. Devices X1 ? Well sure ! That's how it was originally and I don't see a reason not to go back to it.
    In pve ? Well sure let people have all this. The only problem here is that some people are stronger than others, but in pve everyone succeeds, so who cares if that dude is invincible or has 15 dinos ? That's why I'm against the pheromones nerf as it is (not stacking anymore) and for a device nerf but a pvp exclusive one.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    devices MUST be locked out in pvp to ensure a fair fight for all players. pvp should be about builds and concepts, not eruptions and necrullitic elixirs.

What does it matter PvP here is an extra goodie PvPers having devices doesnt break the game >_>

A lot of them have grinded hard or spent a lot of money on keys and sh&t to get said devices and you want to destroy their hard work?

Thats pure arseholery!

BTW I have just copyrighted the word arseholery.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    What does it matter PvP here is an extra goodie PvPers having devices doesnt break the game >_>

A lot of them have grinded hard or spent a lot of money on keys and sh&t to get said devices and you want to destroy their hard work?

Thats pure arseholery!

BTW I have just copyrighted the word arseholery.
    Hard work towards what though? Their "Super elite pvp build" isn't strong enough without slotting 5 extra power/perks/heals/ etc.?

Really? How about "one" Device slot in pvp. 5 slots in pve. I think less crying would happen then. But outright banning devices isn't a good idea IMHO.
  • Options
    amyjiaamyjia Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "Ban Devices!" Why are people speaking so generally when they are really referring to specific devices? Crafted Travel Powers are devices, but I don't see people up in arms about them. (At least not saying they should be banned from pvp). It's not even ALL the legacy devices that are causing issues with people. There are very specific legacy devices used in certain "exploitative" ways that are causing issues.

Maybe a few more devices could be added to the "cannot use in pvp" category, or maybe have some limitations put on how they can be used, but outright banning all devices from pvp would definitely be overreaching.

Being able to choose who you do hero games with would also solve this issue. If you don't like pvping with people who "use devices", then you can just pick people who don't "use devices" (or certain devices) to do the hero games with.:redface:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I would like to see everyone who uses devices in pvp/duels, have to wear a sign on themselves saying
    "I use devices" Or "I suck without devices" "Or I'm insecure"

I think less people would use them. :biggrin:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I would like to see everyone who uses devices in pvp/duels, have to wear a sign on themselves saying
    "I use devices" Or "I suck without devices" "Or I'm insecure"

I think less people would use them. :biggrin:

Now that is an interesting concept.

Although to add to what I said earlier, people wil use what they are allowed to use that works and what wins. Should device be that much of a game changer? From what I gather by the response depends on who is asked. Those that use devices to win probably wont be happy to have it taken away. Those that dont, probably will mostly see no problem with them being taken away. But on the flip side, where will be line drawn. Sure if all devices were banned in theory, eventually another power that is basically "i win" will rise. Then should that power be taken away too? Again then it will come down to those that use that power probably wouldnt like it and those that dont probably wont care or would support it being taken away. Those that think it should be toned down but use devices can simply not use devices in pvp and their deler.... delimenia.., bah... dilemma is solved. :p
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    jaguar40 wrote: »
    Now that is an interesting concept.

Although to add to what I said earlier, people wil use what they are allowed to use that works and what wins. Should device be that much of a game changer? From what I gather by the response depends on who is asked. Those that use devices to win probably wont be happy to have it taken away. Those that dont, probably will mostly see no problem with them being taken away. But on the flip side, where will be line drawn. Sure if all devices were banned in theory, eventually another power that is basically "i win" will rise. Then should that power be taken away too? Again then it will come down to those that use that power probably wouldnt like it and those that dont probably wont care or would support it being taken away. Those that think it should be toned down but use devices can simply not use devices in pvp and their deler.... delimenia.., bah... dilemma is solved. :p
    Umm...what?

To be honest about it. I was just having some fun. I have little respect for people who use copy cat builds but also stack devices just to win a silly duel or pvp match. At the same time however, it is a choice. One that I don't wish to take away from anyone.

So I'm kind of in the middle when it comes to the whole ban-hammer. It wouldn't hurt me in anyway for devices to go away, because I don't need or use them. But, with that said...should others have it taken away completely? I don't think so. Some middle ground would be nice. But what that middle ground might look like is something of a mystery to me at this time.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I would totally go for the PVP restricted device tray with just 1 usable device, tho how hard is it to replace that one device all n over again? a mere annoyance... but there are macros n binds for that too.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    would be far simpler just to ban device pvp outright.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh wait sorry, this is not the Star Wars forum. *ahem* *cough*.

But I assume the reaction would not be far from like above although probably with a bit more colorful language if that was to happen, at least for the firts few days before it becomes normality like nothing happened.
  • Options
    kaneofchaoskaneofchaos Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't think it is a coincidence that legacy devices and the death of PvP happened around the same time. PvP has always been neglected but right now is the worst it has been. We didn't need devices earlier so why we need them now? Banning them could possibly bring PvP back to the sorry state it was before. Lets face is, PvP can't really get any worse. So banning devices? Can't do anything bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].
  • Options
    isometryisometry Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't think it is a coincidence that legacy devices and the death of PvP happened around the same time. PvP has always been neglected but right now is the worst it has been. We didn't need devices earlier so why we need them now? Banning them could possibly bring PvP back to the sorry state it was before. Lets face is, PvP can't really get any worse. So banning devices? Can't do anything bad.

Devices killed PvP by killing alts. Nobody can afford to gear more than 1 or 2 characters, so we lost that little bit of variety. We used to have 20 players and 50-100 characters, now it's more like 10 players and 10-15 characters.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    would be far simpler just to ban device pvp outright.

Or or. Keep devices and ban PVP.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

If you reply to this thinking I be serious I be thinking you are idiot!
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Or or. Keep devices and ban PVP.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

I wish you were serious.
    Deny it all you want people, that is in fact the best fix.
    I think this game would be better off if they removed pvp entirely.
    Only someone who is ignorant of all this game has gone through would disagree.
    Thoughtful, less egotistical types know that I'm right.
    So, disagree all you want, but you know what kind of person that makes you.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    bombermangoldbombermangold Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wouldn't it be better to...

- Make devices unusable in PVP
    - INCREASE PVP rewards
    - Actually...put out there PVP-centric events to make it known? (as alternatives to Alert system).
  • Options
    edited June 2013

- INCREASE PVP rewards
    - Actually...put out there PVP-centric events to make it known? (as alternatives to Alert system).

I thought there is already PvP centric events, which curiously seems to be always empty. Because the rewards are not good?

I think rewards for pvp should be increased if the goal is for more participation but shouldnt be increased by much since it's pretty simple and standard to build a PVP build, which are mostly cookie cutter and less skill of the actual player unless they come acrosss another cookie cutter.
  • Options
    implinimplin Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited July 2013

- INCREASE PVP rewards

Well I was stupidly expecting atleast some sort of pvp relevance in the recent 'gladiator' event. It was perfect to use as something to fix some things in pvp but it didn't happen.

Basically I think devices are amazing.... I have done no device duels... MAN THEY ARE SOO BORING. Devices allow for 5 more skills meaning more customization, if your smart you'll make your devices work with your build. The one thing I am against is defensive devices, they slow the gameplay down and make the unkillable people even harder to kill but on the other hand offensive devices are amazing, without devices that hit damage you end up with two tanks not being able to kill each other.

If you know my I.M.P. toon then you'll know that I am pure damage, I hit around 30k with my strafing run overall then I use nanobot swarm to do it again. Damage is needed or you end up with bash being a draw. Also devices give something for max level players to aim to get.

NOW what they could do is ban most current devices but instead of not making pvp have any devices they could add in PvP only devices that you can get as an award from doing pvp. It wouldn't be smart to make loads of new devices but there is so much random **** in the game that isn't there anymore, surely you can just go through and find some cool devices that would work in PvP, put up their damage and give a reasonable recharge time and your done.

I.M.P.@drimp in Champions (Careful that you don't get hit by falling bombs when dueling)
    Dr Imp@drimp in Neverwinter (Apparently I use hax and exploits, also I apparently payed to win)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

I wish you were serious.
    Deny it all you want people, that is in fact the best fix.
    I think this game would be better off if they removed pvp entirely.
    Only someone who is ignorant of all this game has gone through would disagree.
    Thoughtful, less egotistical types know that I'm right.
    So, disagree all you want, but you know what kind of person that makes you.

I disagree with you look like a gerbil and smell like a cabbage like some sort of gerbilly cabbage thingy ._.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    all pvp only devices would achieve is make sure pvp remains something only established elite pvp players ever do. no. NO DEVICES IN PVP EVER. no device duels arent boring, I never duel with devices and can have tons of fun.

Well then clearly you have never dueled for 30 minutes strait trying to kill someone... Lets take green machine for an example there. ;) (and he was using devices, just think of what would happen if no devices were used in that duel)

In what way would pvp devices mean only people who pvp all the time win? I would say it would be best to have basic devices at the start for pvp and then more crazy and funny devices as you get more acclaim. But it's just like in all games, if these devices were worth getting for pvp then people will go through the hard pvp battles just to get the acclaim to get the stuff. In Neverwinter there are plenty of noobs in full greens trying to do pvp to get their first scraps of gear.

I wonder how hard new titles are to code into the game? They could be something really easy to add into the game which may keep some players interested.

I.M.P.@drimp in Champions (Careful that you don't get hit by falling bombs when dueling)
    Dr Imp@drimp in Neverwinter (Apparently I use hax and exploits, also I apparently payed to win)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    No OP devices exist but there are some people know how to make it OP.

Soooo, even if devices are removed from PvP, power & gear nerf request comes next and at last every argument will go to each stats and Spec Tree balance.

Without Critical, most of Devices are harmless and without PRE/INT, all pets are just like mobs.
    Or if you have enough Health & heal, those doesn't make huge problem anyway.
    So all PvPer are taking CON for Primary or Secondary SS.
    STR tree works good even for ranged by Spec Tree Critical Severity bonus.
    DEX is good PRE is good INT is good EGO is good and where does REC and END go ?

For enjoying COPvP with less frustration, make your Health more then 10k and take MD, Resurgence, +1 self heal of any kind. Don't forget Protector tree.
    Congrats now you are PROH PvPer !! xD
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I can beat you all at forum pvp. By saying one word I can make an annoying as BEEP tune sticking in your head for like FOREVER!

BANANAPHONE!

LETS SEE YOUR DEVICES TOP THAT!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    What is this, the early 2000's? Silly old people! Earth belongs to the young!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I disagree with you look like a gerbil and smell like a cabbage like some sort of gerbilly cabbage thingy ._.

Gerbbage? :eek:
    edited July 2013
    The only reason fights are neverending without devices are because everyone's builds are now made to survive against devices. They no longer have enough offense to get kills without devices because they are too focused on healing.

There are builds that can kill or be killed, devices or not, of course, but they are currently few and far between.
    I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Gerbbage? :eek:

I knew a Russian guy with a middle name of Gerbage , coincidence? I think so, this is looking glass stuff here people BE SLIGHTLY BEMUSED! @_@&quot;
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Who knows if banning devices will create a more fair and balanced pvp environment...

But there's one thing it would certainly create...

tumblr_lihz8gw3kt1qe8bmg.jpg

• Options
    purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I didn't like Batman anyway.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    purin1 wrote: »
    I didn't like Batman anyway.

I hate Batman so much :<

The man has BILLIONS , the worlds most epic car, a butler thats really a British spy or summing , not one but TWO super hot girlfriends ( though one tends to murder her own offspring >_> ) AND he gets to hang around with the Superfriends ....some @&amp;%$ers are never happy U__U"
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I hate Batman so much :<

The man has BILLIONS , the worlds most epic car, a butler thats really a British spy or summing , not one but TWO super hot girlfriends ( though one tends to murder her own offspring >_> ) AND he gets to hang around with the Superfriends ....some @&amp;%$ers are never happy U__U"

Batman-Ironman-Money-Best-Superpower-Ever-Meme_thumb.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    monaahiru wrote: »
    Batman-Ironman-Money-Best-Superpower-Ever-Meme_thumb.jpg

lol this actually kind of makes sense...

In champions you can buy lots of devices and spend money because your rich or you can learn to use certain moves really well..

WOW CO is soo realistic :O

• Options
    purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I should buy some legions gear and fill my tray with devices just to see how much better I perform in Bash. I find myself needing a bit extra damage and cooldown much too often for this not to bother me until I try it.

I'm having vicious thoughts indeed.:biggrin:
  • Options
    lucysneakymynxlucysneakymynx Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    crutches are for blue-haired Lucidity-head copytailors with broken legs.

devicers are easy. take away their human pets and they are fish food.
  • Options
    stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    crutches are for blue-haired Lucidity-head copytailors with broken legs.

devicers are easy. take away their human pets and they are fish food.

Woot about icenaders? Heard some buddy served ya a cold ice naded dish. How's life Lucy? Or maybe...how's death?(coz u die a lot in BASH get it?)

Ahuehuehuehue ~?~
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yes, I'm drinking margaritas with Alodylis here in limbo. Death is exquisite. (oa ^_~)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Ahuehuehuehue ~?^
    Good, welcome back, u back in game too? Or...
    You Have Been Defeated

Call for Help?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The Silent Knight always lurks in the shadows lusting after dead PvP "greats." Death is exquisite. <3
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The Silent Knight should rather try Team Dueling in Ren Cen because BASH is hard to pop nowadays.
    ~?^
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Solo team duels? Been there, done that. ^_~ and you? :P
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Not much, just the usual, winning and all ;p
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Hey guys. PvP didn't die because of bad game design, it was all because I jumped around a bunch. Fear me, boomrawr.:biggrin:

What? I'm not gonna let the poor thing starve.