test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

M City race bugged, random fails!

spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
I guess they shouldn't have... RACED... to push this to live....

...I wrote that in zone... thought it was good enough for forums.

........I was wrong, I am sorry :frown:
Post edited by spinnytop on

Comments

• Options
    stoopidmestoopidme Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah the game seems to struggle to recognise when I pass through a ring.

Brick_McDuggins in game.
  • Options
    lamina781lamina781 Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They are so useless it is becoming not amusing anymore.They can not type in a time correct for it to start then when it does start you get a complete bugged piece of crap.
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2013
    We're currently experiencing some issues with the Great Race that we added this morning. Players are failing the race partway through, occasionally not getting boosts from the rings, and occasionally not getting the reward at the end.

We have fixes for all of these in the works -- we hope to have them live as soon as we are able. In the meantime, if the boost doesn't sound when you go through a ring, you can trigger it by backing up and going through again. This is just a temporary behavior, the fix will make it unnecessary.

Thank you all for your patience. I'll post when I know what time the fix will go live; it will require some downtime.

-TrailTurtle
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Boost? The rings are supposed to boost you?

Really?

Talk about bugged. I had no idea nor did I ever notice a single boost effect on me, but I was wondering why some other vehicles were shooting forward so much faster than I was.. maybe there is a bug with applying it to all players? Or if more than a couple go through at once not all receive it, and this is why some of us are getting fails?
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i have to agree with Rune. I tried on the first race and didnt get a single speed boost. Also an audible signal is fine for those with game sound up or without a hearing impediment. Is there a visible signal that you have passed through the ring correctly?
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    eiledon wrote: »
    i have to agree with Rune. I tried on the first race and didnt get a single speed boost. Also an audible signal is fine for those with game sound up or without a hearing impediment. Is there a visible signal that you have passed through the ring correctly?

Yes, you can see the screen shake a bit.
  • Options
    gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Tried it twice just now, got all the way to the end in time, only to be failed a few seconds after i reached the end.

-sigh-

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    aiqa wrote: »
    Yes, you can see the screen shake a bit.

I have screen shaking disabled so I don't see any visual indicator that I got the boost unless I keep an eye out on my buffs.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    We will be having maintenance to fix these issues at 6PM PDT.
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I ran this three times, twice I failed before I hit the first stage marker and the third time I seemed to complete the race but got no prize. Is this a vehicle only mission or something?

Also I note that the mission "Two-Lane Rooftop" says Unudentified Malvan Artifact (0/1)

I assume that's supposed to be an unidentified malvan artifact?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Maintenance to implement these fixes will begin at 6 PM PDT.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    In regards to the boost the rings do apply, it does work. Do you ever use the boost on a gravbike that adds only 15 to your total speed score? Its the same amount. Practically nothing.
  • Options
    rahlarahla Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So is this entire event only for people with flight or who forked over real money for vehicles?
    To my fellow beta testers,

Complaints help no one, shooting down suggestions helps no one, fanboyism helps no one. Suggestions and constructive criticism are needed, or you're kind of useless as a tester. This isn't a demo, this is a beta. If you paid money to be a tester and regret it, you have no one to blame but yourself.

~<3
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I dunno about that Buxom, I noticed a huge difference in my Jet Boot speed and maneuverability with that ring buff. More speed, less maneuverability.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I dunno about that Buxom, I noticed a huge difference in my Jet Boot speed and maneuverability with that ring buff. More speed, less maneuverability.
    So, is that why Happifun kept having trouble with that one corner?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    15 speed is a higher overall percentage for a travel power than it is for a vehicle.
  • Options
    gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This thing is STILL broken

I made it through all the rings in time and it failed me before the timer was up!

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What was excatly fixed?
    Tried it 3 times.
    1st with Rank 2 Heroic Flight, RACE FAILED at 4th ring. Waited 10 minutes.
    2nd with Rank 2 Heroic Flight, had 4 seconds to spare, even while i missed 2 rings and had to go thru them agin, SUCCESS. Gladiator Helmet 2. Waited 6 minutes.
    3rd with Grav Bike, no mods, didn't use the bike's Boost, had like 18 seconds to spare, RACE FAILED (yes, i went thru all the rings).
    Logged out.

/thumbs up.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    wufflechanwufflechan Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The last ring you kinda hafta slow down and ease into. If you just blast through it ( which is natural ) chances are it will fail you. It sucks, and I hate it because it goes against everything a race is supposed to be, but yeah, try slowing down at the finish for now if you keep failing.

Stupid bug is stupid.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I apologize in advance for all the damage my characters have made, while slamming into the building walls during a few of these runs.

Seriously, though, it's nice to have *something* new, but I wish a better effort was made to allow everyone, (including non-flyers), to participate.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Non-fliers have to use a vehicle, a Become device or borrow a Hover Disk device from UNTIL Sky Command.
    Yes. Amazingly, this event gave people an actual reason to play Sky Command!
    And it made the Resistance Command Leader Robot useful too!
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    First and last time I tried this I crashed and my big rig is a gaming BEAST! :(
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    rstzedrstzed Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Some flight powers are slower than others. A toon I have with R1 Storm Rider can not reach the first ring before the boost runs out and fails at the first ring. Another toon with R1 flight missed the final ring by a few seconds. I got the "Race Completed" flash, but it was after the scores were posted and I did not get the object.

On the other hand, any toon I ran with any R2 or R3 flight power completed the race (when I didn't screw up and miss ring or took a wrong turn). With R3 jet boots I can beat some vehicles.
  • Options
    gtw891gtw891 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Looks like I'm not the only one getting the 'race failed' messages soon after leaving the starting line (sometimes managing to cross the first ring).

Im starting to think their is some flight power lvl mins needed to even attempt this race.

Namely if you dont have a flight speed of lvl 2 or better both bother. But this is not stated.

And that to me sucks (and should be corrected ASAP).