test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Skip Westside arc

polishlightningpolishlightning Posts: 404 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Suggestions Box
Give players an option when creating a character to start at level 15 and skip the entire Westside story arc. Much like we have an option to skip the tutorial. At least at level 15 you can stay in MC, or go to the Desert or Canada. You're only option at level 6 is to start doing alerts or do that arc. This would also eliminate some of the lowbies in alerts hate.
Post edited by polishlightning on

Comments

• thelostexilethelostexile Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    /signed,
    /doublesigned,
    and
    /triplesigned

They VERY LIKELY won't do this, and I'm sure many other players would agree, but I approve of the idea, as there are a lot of players i know who just don't have the time to level up all their alts to 15, if they're as bad an "alt-a-holic" as I am.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ngbbs4ec9c7fdb869c.gif
    sined.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This already exists.. but to use the option you have to do a bunch of Smash alerts. :tongue:

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited March 2013
  • dredrieldredriel Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Perhaps make it so that only a veteran of so many days can skip, 200 or 300 perhaps. Or maybe require a certain amount of characters at 40. Some sort of requirement for this would make more sense, but I really have to say I both agree and disagree in the end.

It would be nice for those of us that make a lot of characters, however it would also decrease time we spend playing the game by at least a few hours. At this point can we really risk anything that makes us play the game less?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Check out my Music based powerset here.
  • polishlightningpolishlightning Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If they just had XP gifting this wouldn't even be a topic. But that option was never released. I wonder how far in development it got.
  • pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    eiledon wrote: »
    why not just skip straight to 40, uninstall the game and move on. </sarcasm>

Because they're not talking about skipping content, they're talking about not having to do the same repetetive **** for the billionth time because instead of adding a second leveling path they redid the same path 3 times over and actually moved the crises farther away from new toons (i.e. alts) while removing the more interesting aspects (i.e. Tachyon) and made it more annoying to run through with alts (i.e. more unskippable cutscenes).

And because we already have the "skip to 40" option. It's called "on alert."
    edited March 2013
    I'm more in favor of them making those first 15 levels more interesting, rather than allowing us to skip them... because, well, next you'll be asking to skip from 15 to 27 so you can head directly to Monster Island... then Vibora... then when you're tired of running Vibora over and over on every new alt, you'll want level 40 for Nemcon. Then when you get tired of Nemcon over and over on every new alt, you'll wonder why they were working on implementing level-skipping features instead of new stuff for us to do at various levels.

"Non-level-specific" content like comic series/adventure packs were great for this, and I think a good move would be to get back to making those. Moving desert and canada back to their previous entry levels would also be a great move.

For mid-levels, I think Monster Island could reasonably be moved to an earlier entry point since it's entirely possible to get to level 40 without having finished it; same thing with Lemuria and Vibora Bay. They don't even have to retune the levels of the npcs in those places, just let us go there earlier and make the quests accessable earlier.

Then, instead of working on a whole new zone, they could instead work on adding some missions to the current zones; there are a few empty unused areas on the map, and of course they can pepper a few more instanced missions as well. It would be pretty neat if they added some higher level instanced missions to millenium city, desert, and canada, so you go back there a few times after leaving the main leveling range for the area.

It's a leveling game... don't remove the leveling, improve the leveling!
    460751-miu_s_cunning_smile.jpg

edited March 2013
    I had a different suggestion a long time ago, it involved picking a home zone after the tutorial. That way you could start in any zone you wanted. Each zone would have to be reworked to have content from 6-40, but all zones would be accessible at the beginning of the game. Each story arc would be enough to jump you 5 levels for levels before 30 and would decrease once you reached level 30.
    smoochan wrote: »

I look at leveling more as my hero's origin story, but personally I'm more interested in what he's doing in the present. The leveling is important, but I'd be happier with what happens after he reaches full power.
    edited March 2013
    [...]
    I look at leveling more as my hero's origin story, but personally I'm more interested in what he's doing in the present. The leveling is important, but I'd be happier with what happens after he reaches full power.

Yeah, it would be nice if end game around here didn't involve constantly getting auro-leveled back to 30.

• vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Skipping stuff is bad unless it's a teachy thing you've already learnt (I KNOW HOW MODIFICATIONS WORK CAN WE MOVE ON YOU ANNOYING MISSION). There's no reason for you to actually do the missions if you don't want to. Just drop any missions you wish to abstain from doing and level via other means, generally most of other routes possible (XP Alerts, Beating up random kooks at around your level range, Pv- uh never mind that last one) are actually ultimately faster than the questing route.
    Once you are at your desired level, mooch around the prerequisite quest's quest provider, and reinsert yourself into the story, secure in the knowledge that Hi Pan has used a giant humanoid dragon spirit with a rat like face to subjugate the people of Westsde in the alternate timeline your actions have created.
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
    edited March 2013
    I do love beating up random mooks. But it makes me feel like a bad guy sometimes, especially at level 40 when I gigabolt a group of them before they even know what hit them. The Purple Gang should get a lobbiest in the MC government and start a protection act against super heroes.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Defender lets you move straight to Canada Crisis.

Wait, why did they remove that?

Also remember when you could go to the Desert right after the tutorial too?

But seriously, I think giving us access to missions earlier for things much higher level then us would be amazing.

Vibora Crisis access at 29? Heck yes. Monster Island at 25? Heck yes.
  • dynamechdynamech Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    I'm more in favor of them making those first 15 levels more interesting, rather than allowing us to skip them... because, well, next you'll be asking to skip from 15 to 27 so you can head directly to Monster Island... then Vibora... then when you're tired of running Vibora over and over on every new alt, you'll want level 40 for Nemcon. Then when you get tired of Nemcon over and over on every new alt, you'll wonder why they were working on implementing level-skipping features instead of new stuff for us to do at various levels.

"Non-level-specific" content like comic series/adventure packs were great for this, and I think a good move would be to get back to making those. Moving desert and canada back to their previous entry levels would also be a great move.

For mid-levels, I think Monster Island could reasonably be moved to an earlier entry point since it's entirely possible to get to level 40 without having finished it; same thing with Lemuria and Vibora Bay. They don't even have to retune the levels of the npcs in those places, just let us go there earlier and make the quests accessable earlier.

Then, instead of working on a whole new zone, they could instead work on adding some missions to the current zones; there are a few empty unused areas on the map, and of course they can pepper a few more instanced missions as well. It would be pretty neat if they added some higher level instanced missions to millenium city, desert, and canada, so you go back there a few times after leaving the main leveling range for the area.

This is excellent! Moving the Crises to 15 killed variety in leveling, and moving them back to post-tutorial would be fantastic. We shouldn't be looking to skip levels, we should be looking to add variety to the leveling so we don't have to whip on Purples with every single alt.
  • pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I had a different suggestion a long time ago, it involved picking a home zone after the tutorial. That way you could start in any zone you wanted. Each zone would have to be reworked to have content from 6-40, but all zones would be accessible at the beginning of the game. Each story arc would be enough to jump you 5 levels for levels before 30 and would decrease once you reached level 30.

Changing everything outdoors to scary monster code would accomplish this. Storylines would still be complete, but could be done at any level without breaking stride, and players would have the option of starting in any zone since they all have a preliminary contact to go visit.
  • vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ooh, I like the idea of bringing the crisises down in level as alternate levelling routes. As a plus, it'll mean the desert isn't so deserted, and Canada's not so... Uh

Arctic wasteland-y?
    Unlike MC, their zones are quiet affairs. We need to liven them up.
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • xvoltakxxvoltakx Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Give players an option when creating a character to start at level 15 and skip the entire Westside story arc. Much like we have an option to skip the tutorial. At least at level 15 you can stay in MC, or go to the Desert or Canada. You're only option at level 6 is to start doing alerts or do that arc. This would also eliminate some of the lowbies in alerts hate.

Add additional content.

I absolutely OPPOSE level skipping all the way to 15.

Adding additional content is the way to go.
  • rugrothrumborrugrothrumbor Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    An instant level 40 character. You can choose either male or female template. Bought from the Z-Store. I'm thinking about 1500 zen? That would make some profit.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What they did to Canada no longer being available right out the gate was because they were going to add neighborhoods, right?
    edited March 2013
    What they did to Canada no longer being available right out the gate was because they were going to add neighborhoods, right?

Yeah well they didn't, SO CHANGE IT BACK! :mad:

• beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Nope .. they did it so that everyone can enjoy the wonderful content of Westide after they revamped the revamped version and where soooooo exited about it, that they simply don't wanted to allow us skipping it with doing Canada :rolleyes:

I really don't need instant lvl 15 .. i just want the old Canada back :frown:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • thelostexilethelostexile Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Maybe give 400 or 500 day veterans an XP Buff for levelling? I don't know.
    edited March 2013
    Maybe give 400 or 500 day veterans an XP Buff for levelling? I don't know.

...I think giving vets such a limp reward would only make them angry.

Anyways, nobody actually wants to skip content or level through it faster... because I mean, anyone who thinks they want to skip content or level faster... what's going on at lvl 40 that you're in such a hurry to get to? End game? :confused: