test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Holiday Event is Almost Here!

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited January 2013 in Super News Network
It?s all fun and games until someone calls in the bear. The holiday event is about to begin in Champions Online, with an updated boss fight and cool prizes!

The holiday event is bigger than ever! Fighting off Black Harlequin?s army of misfit toys won?t be easy, but the rewards will be huge. You?ll also be able to get gifts in RenCen for the holidays.

Plus, remember that we?ve got seasonal updates to the Q-Store. You can pick up Gingerbread Man, Snowman and Toy Soldier becomes, plus the Snowball Roll travel power. Get yours this holiday season!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    How this makes me feel.

IOW - Like a little kid. :biggrin:

It appears my sugar plums danced to soon. :frown:

How I feel now.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    mensarmensar Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It?s all fun and games until someone calls in the bear. The holiday event is about to begin in Champions Online, with an updated boss fight and cool prizes!

The holiday event is bigger than ever! Fighting off Black Harlequin?s army of misfit toys won?t be easy, but the rewards will be huge. You?ll also be able to get gifts in RenCen for the holidays.

Plus, remember that we?ve got seasonal updates to the Q-Store. You can pick up Gingerbread Man, Snowman and Toy Soldier becomes, plus the Snowball Roll travel power. Get yours this holiday season!

So.. umm..

When does it start?

We have a tree and snow.

That's all so far. :)

Just FYI..... in case the event is glitched................... (insert more dots mentally)

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    mensar wrote: »
    So.. umm..

When does it start?

We have a tree and snow.

That's all so far. :)

Just FYI..... in case the event is glitched................... (insert more dots mentally)

Does that mean the in-game calendar is wrong about it starting on the 25th. Gosh I sure hope so. :eek:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Does that mean the in-game calendar is wrong about it starting on the 25th. Gosh I sure hope so. :eek:

In game calendar says the 21st
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    bwdares wrote: »
    In game calendar says the 21st

Steps to reproduce below.

1) Hit J key.

2) Click on OPEN CALENDAR button.

3) Click on the button starting on Dec 21st that says: "Winter Celebration"

4) Read text that says: "Starting Dec. 25, check under the tree in Rennaisance Center, and look everywhere for lost presents...."

5) STFU. :wink:

• Options
    chelodinachelodina Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Here's the in-game calendar. The info says the event will start the 21st, but then says presents will be under the tree on the 25th. Which makes sense from a Christmas morning standpoint, but has left a lot of us confused and kind of irritated that all we have today is snow, an empty tree, and some elves.

coholiday.png
  • Options
    drreverenddrreverend Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So, when does the event actually start? Because right now, we can't click on presents or really do anything? There's a tree, and it's very pretty, but it's not an event. Also, the text in the Calendar says the event starts December 25th.

People would like to participate in this event, y'know.
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I am profoundly disappointed in the lack of opportunity that is being given to enjoy this event.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    All we get is a change in weather till 25th? Can't help feeling shortchanged.

Nice to have the Toymaster's Apprentice there to tell us about all the things we can't actually do when it's not available.
  • Options
    mensarmensar Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2012

1) Hit J key.

4) Read text that says: "Starting Dec. 25, check under the tree in Rennaisance Center, and look everywhere for lost presents...."

Soo.. while you're feeling all high and mighty, allow me to retort.

How many people do you really think even KNOW about the in-game calendar? Or use it?

How many SHOULD HAVE to use it? And the FEW that could/did.. out of those, how many do you think know what "festivities" includes? And out of all the rest of us.. what does "festivities" include? Something more than snow and a tree? Maybe?

If I have to answer that for you....

There should have been banners, in-game messages, launcher announcements, posts, reminders, MOTD in-game, etc etc etc etc.. ESPECIALLY if the event was deviating from the next-to-not-advertised timeframe it was supposed to happen in.

What we have here.. is a failure to communicate.

And it's making PWE look like they can't manage a simple game. And that's a shame because those of us that have been here for a long time know what the game CAN be. This is shameful right now. We have tons of people asking when the event is actually happening in the game or IF it's happening (in the case of people that were here for the last couple of events) since most other MMOs have had their full events running for weeks now.

You should really stop trolling to support the company. The more you do it, the more you look like an angry little kid just wanting to lash out at someone ;)

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • Options
    wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Technically TT said the festivities starts on 21st so they started by bringing in the tree and snow. However, I don't understand why can't the main event start earlier? Seems thing are more or less smooth on the PTS side of things. Is the event then supposed to last till new year? I am sure many are anticipating and are disappointed. I too came home expecting to play the xmas event but had to settle for farming Hi-Pan.
  • Options
    atompenguinatompenguin Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Oh Cryptic, disappointment for Christmas? You shouldn't have!

Really. You shouldn't have.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    mensar wrote: »
    Soo.. while you're feeling all high and mighty, allow me to retort.

How many people do you really think even KNOW about the in-game calendar? Or use it?

How many SHOULD HAVE to use it? And the FEW that could/did.. out of those, how many do you think know what "festivities" includes? And out of all the rest of us.. what does "festivities" include? Something more than snow and a tree? Maybe?

If I have to answer that for you....

There should have been banners, in-game messages, launcher announcements, posts, reminders, MOTD in-game, etc etc etc etc.. ESPECIALLY if the event was deviating from the next-to-not-advertised timeframe it was supposed to happen in.

What we have here.. is a failure to communicate.

And it's making PWE look like they can't manage a simple game. And that's a shame because those of us that have been here for a long time know what the game CAN be. This is shameful right now. We have tons of people asking when the event is actually happening in the game or IF it's happening (in the case of people that were here for the last couple of events) since most other MMOs have had their full events running for weeks now.

You should really stop trolling to support the company. The more you do it, the more you look like an angry little kid just wanting to lash out at someone ;)

LOL. Rah rah goooo Cryptic. Shut up Pork.

And btw, I've been here since day 3. :tongue:

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Technically TT said the festivities starts on 21st so they started by bringing in the tree and snow. However, I don't understand why can't the main event start earlier? Seems thing are more or less smooth on the PTS side of things. Is the event then supposed to last till new year? I am sure many are anticipating and are disappointed. I too came home expecting to play the xmas event but had to settle for farming Hi-Pan.

A tree, snow falling and elves offering to give you a cracker (which is broken btw, I tried one from last year and it gave an old pre-OnAlert item - but that's another rant for a different topic) in exchange for drops which you cannot get for another 4 days doesn't seem like much of an event to me.

TT said Clarence would start after maintenance and... well you can see what we've gotten. Hence why I asked if the in-game calendar is wrong. The alternative answer is either a bug or a confused CR.

Or are we supposed to enjoy this "event" for another 4 days? :confused:

• Options
    hocofaisanhocofaisan Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Wow, you folks are so ungrateful.

Cryptic worked hard updating this event for you, and you guys pull a "I want it all now!!!" attitude?

Part of the season is anticipation!
    POSITIVE ABOUT CO IN 2013!
  • Options
    gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    hocofaisan wrote: »
    Cryptic worked hard updating this event for you, and you guys pull a "I want it all now!!!" attitude?

Really ? What they worked for ? What are the new things in this event to compare from the last year event ?
    Just for curiosity.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    gaelyn1 wrote: »
    Really ? What they worked for ? What are the new things in this event to compare from the last year event ?
    Just for curiosity.

There are new steampunk costume pieces, new gear, and a new addition to the Finkle mission.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    He's obviously joking. Or trolling.

Also, seriously, Trailturtle? The full event starts the 25th? And lasts for less than a week?

I'm like Thundrax here - I'm disappointed in you all. Extremely.

Just come out and say CO is in maintenance mode and admit it, okay? Everyone is busy working on NW (and STO) and there's nobody left in CO.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I am profoundly disappointed in the lack of opportunity that is being given to enjoy this event.

I am too..

Only will be alleviated IF the the day this is no longer live there's a myriad of new content/powers/costumes
  • Options
    embracemyswordembracemysword Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The christmas event used to be running perfectly fine. Why does PWE Have to alter everything at all? The takofanes event - got ruined (grab bags random bs instead of direct drops) for example... Now the christmas event... This makes me wonder what PWE is going to break by "altering it", next.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stoopidmestoopidme Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    somebob wrote: »

Also, seriously, Trailturtle? The full event starts the 25th? And lasts for less than a week?

I'm like Thundrax here - I'm disappointed in you all. Extremely.

Just come out and say CO is in maintenance mode and admit it, okay? Everyone is busy working on NW (and STO) and there's nobody left in CO.

That's not exactly fair, there is a decent amount of new features coming in this update and while there were definitely issues with them on the PTS this wasn't simply rehashing the same event again. Give credit where it's due.

Although having the actual features of this event drop a full 4 days after its launch is a poor decision, I hope more forethought is exercised in future.

Brick_McDuggins in game.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    stoopidme wrote: »
    Although having the actual features of this event drop a full 4 days after its launch is a poor decision, I hope more forethought is exercised in future.

A full four days after it starts, then vanishes less than a week later. And that day it actually drops? Christmas Day. When many players will be with their families, and the next six days are some of the busiest retail and travel days of the year. So we have this flash in the pan event that's only when many people are very, very busy elsewhere.

C'mon. A SIX DAY event? You're kidding me. Whose brilliant idea was this? "Let's let the Holiday Event start on CHRISTMAS DAY!" A great many of us will not even be able to see the event because we're traveling or working.

This was not a well thought out plan.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    What a lame start to this holiday event.

Didn't the event use to go for almost a month? Now we have 6 days, it is almost like they aren't even trying anymore.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    draogn wrote: »
    What a lame start to this holiday event.

Didn't the event use to go for almost a month? Now we have 6 days, it is almost like they aren't even trying anymore.

I dont think it was ever a month long. two weeks maybe, but I could be wrong.
  • Options
    peregrinestrikeperegrinestrike Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Unbelievable - no discussion needed, delaying and shortening "Winter Holiday" is inexcusable.

Lame, very lame. :frown:
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Unbelievable - no discussion needed, delaying and shortening "Winter Holiday" is inexcusable.

Lame, very lame. :frown:

Well based on communication and how much attention they seem to give this game, maybe the event will last longer because they forget to turn it off?
    It could happen :)
  • Options
    tangent90tangent90 Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If the Christmas event is anything like Halloween, drops will include limited-use become devices. Permanent versions of those were on sale for real money.

If so, Cryptic will want to limit the duration of the event. The event and its drops are basically advertising for stuff you pay for.

I agree that it stinks for subscribers, but microtransactions are the only way to generate income from F2P players. I'm someone who started F2P, and I would have never subscribed had I not been able to play the game long enough to actually get to like it.

The industry is very tricky these days, and from the profusion of different models out there (CO-style F2P, GW2-style pay-once no-subs, really-stingy-SWTOR-style F2P, WoW-style subs), there's no easy answer.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The event would start on a specific day but none of the actual playable content shows up until a few days after it starts. Its how it was last year. The playable stuff should have started as soon as the clock hits 10am like all the others. "Come log into the game and play the new event," is disappointing misinformation.
  • Options
    psychickittypsychickitty Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    hah I suspected they where working on something...

And it seams I was right...

As other pointed out there was a weird delay....so it kind of made me realize....hmmm....silence...not a word...nda....must be some new stuff for it this year.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• Options
    edited December 2012
    hah I suspected they where working on something...

And it seams I was right...

As other pointed out there was a weird delay....so it kind of made me realize....hmmm....silence...not a word...nda....must be some new stuff for it this year.

the amount of "new" stuff this year does not warrent the amount of silence we got.
  • Options
    sparhawksparhawk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012

It used to 2.5 or 3 weeks (at least 2 weeks of Clarence I believe if we ignore the 4 days of nothing). So Cryptic has effectively cut the amount of time the event has something to actually do this year by over half (maybe 6 days this year depending on exactly when the real event starts and stops).
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited December 2012

1) Hit J key.

So.... you're acknowledging the calender says 21st. but in more detail when you click it, then says 25th, and instead think to make out it only says 25th, and ignore the fact it even says 21st at all?

"Nothing wrong here guys, calender clearly says 25th only, you're all reading it wrong"
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Prior to the game going f2p, the event started around the 16th and ended a week after the new year.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=141909

I found this while I was trying to locate the actual timeframe for the old event.
  • Options
    lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    sparhawk wrote: »
    It used to 2.5 or 3 weeks (at least 2 weeks of Clarence I believe if we ignore the 4 days of nothing). So Cryptic has effectively cut the amount of time the event has something to actually do this year by over half (maybe 6 days this year depending on exactly when the real event starts and stops).

I recall last year some people complaining about how long these kind of events ran (we had the Tako Halloween thing then had the Christmas event almost immediately after). I personally didn't care but some did. I also recall people tossing the idea out there that Santa Defender should show up Christmas day like in real life (or whatever). So I'm not surprised by how this event is playing out, just disappointed. Cryptic needs to understand that not every idea that crosses their table is a good one.
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Saying something is 'almost here' means telling us we're getting nothing right now.

Technically, we're not being misinformed. But there were many misleading information with what TT has been disseminating.

A heads up on what to expect (or not expect) of the event in advance would have showed some dedication to the playerbase and soften the disappointment.

I don't understand the stance of saying nothing right up till content going 'live' and continue to say nothing about it even then.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    What we are getting for the weekend is a Charlie Brown Christmas till the 25th, then we get a real Christmas event.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    lestylo wrote: »
    I recall last year some people complaining about how long these kind of events ran (we had the Tako Halloween thing then had the Christmas event almost immediately after). I personally didn't care but some did. I also recall people tossing the idea out there that Santa Defender should show up Christmas day like in real life (or whatever). So I'm not surprised by how this event is playing out, just disappointed. Cryptic needs to understand that not every idea that crosses their table is a good one.

The only people I remember complaining about the length of events were the people that like using Ren center as their own personal dueling area. So yeah, I agree that wasn't feedback worth listening to at all if that's what shortened the event length.

While highly unlikely, maybe Cryptic will decide to leave the Christmas event up and running for an additional week or two to make up for the poor communication and handling of this event to date.
  • Options
    lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    sparhawk wrote: »
    The only people I remember complaining about the length of events were the people that like using Ren center as their own personal dueling area. So yeah, I agree that wasn't feedback worth listening to at all if that's what shortened the event length.

While highly unlikely, maybe Cryptic will decide to leave the Christmas event up and running for an additional week or two to make up for the poor communication and handling of this event to date.

There we go. That's what it was. There was something of a row because of that too. In any case I agree. I hope they lengthen the event (or have Grond show up as the Grinch).
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    There we go. That's what it was. There was something of a row because of that too. In any case I agree. I hope they lengthen the event (or have Grond show up as the Grinch).

That would be cool, then his heart grows three times larger and he fight clerance!
  • Options
    edited December 2012

Grond becomes overcome with the spirit of Christmas and we must help him find a hat and beard big enough for him to play Santa to the Irradiate girls and boys.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I hope they lengthen the event (or have Grond show up as the Grinch).
    That would be cool, then his heart grows three times larger and he fight clerance!

Now that would be entertaining. Especially with all the collateral damage Grond could cause while he was trying to be "helpful".
  • Options
    gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    There are new steampunk costume pieces, new gear, and a new addition to the Finkle mission.

Wow, this is an awesome work since the last july, this + vehicules since 5 months, i'm impressed.
    Others mmos should be feared.
    somebob wrote: »
    ...snip...

None of them Somebob. Just an observation. The same you made at the end of your post.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    drreverend wrote: »
    Grond becomes overcome with the spirit of Christmas and we must help him find a hat and beard big enough for him to play Santa to the Irradiate girls and boys.
    Or else. :biggrin:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    skcark wrote: »
    So.... you're acknowledging the calender says 21st. but in more detail when you click it, then says 25th, and instead think to make out it only says 25th, and ignore the fact it even says 21st at all?

"Nothing wrong here guys, calender clearly says 25th only, you're all reading it wrong"

I asked if the information regarding the stuff starting on the 25th was wrong and was told the calendar said the 21st. So I pointed out where the information I was talking about was. All I want wanted was clarification of the varying dates from a still-silent Trailturtle.

What is your problem?

Are we really going to sit and watch snow fall around a barren tree for 4 days? Whee, some event. Epic fun.

• Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited December 2012

GROND IN THE CITY? OH, THE HUMANITY! :eek:

☝- See that? I made it green, like Grond. { snicker }

But actually, that would be a great Winter Event Surprise. Like if after you go through all of the prerequisites for the OM Destroids Rise Again, at the end, instead of Mega-D dropping in, Grond does. :cool: Alright, it might turn out to be a robot simply disguised as Grond, as in -- Mecha-Grond.

And eventually our heroes would learn that it was all part of what Foxbat was doing down in hidden robot factory beneath the Battle of Detroit Museum. He was only trying to figure our ways to improve his robots, but instead found a way to reprogram the factory computer to make the Mecha-Grond. and all of that would be a precursor to April 1st when the Mega-D would instead become - Mega-Foxbat - The Giant Comedy Robot. Yeah, in the end he'll be just as annoying as Clarence the Mecha-Teddy, but it'll be easier to shut him up. Or WILL it? { MU-HA-HA-HA! }

Ah, well, it's nice to make wishes. But as my Uncle used to say: If wishes were horses, we'd all be hip deep in ponies and poop.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I asked if the information regarding the stuff starting on the 25th was wrong and was told the calendar said the 21st. So I pointed out where the information I was talking about was. All I want wanted was clarification of the varying dates from a still-silent Trailturtle.

What is your problem?

Are we really going to sit and watch snow fall around a barren tree for 4 days? Whee, some event. Epic fun.

Why do some of you guys still play this game, let alone still post on this forum? Is there really this much self-loathing in the world?

Go spend some time with your families doing things you might actually enjoy.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Well if the developers are still reading this....I also put in a bug report about this...

Maybe other players will do the same,

The in game event schedual does indeed say this is supposed to start the 21st.....the information on the web sight says it starts the 24th.....in game information says it starts the 25th.

No matter how it works out it ends the 31st....so thats less then 6 days.....which does not follow the descritpion.(oopsy guess some one was thinking it actualy started onthe 21st like the month schedual says)

And since the ingame information is probably correct the web sight and the calender are wrong.

So no matter how it goes that is also a bug type issue.....

So I am hoping a developer can go in and spend the 1 minute it takes to highlight and delete the errored data and type the correct data.

Kind of too bad they dont follow the other perfect world game patterns....and start on december 1st and go all month long.....but I am guessing they didnt want to overlap alot...thus allowing players to enjoy all the differing events.

I probably wont be able to enjoy the event....less then 6 days isnt alot of time....and i tend to spend time with my family on the 25th....probably will work the other days....so go figure....

Anywise the snow looks neat though.

Sounds like a neat event....need to fix that information a tad.

But I hope everyone has fun who will be able to play it....
    I will try to play it if I can....not going to hold my breath though.

=^_^=

• Options
    edited December 2012
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    Why do some of you guys still play this game, let alone still post on this forum? Is there really this much self-loathing in the world?

Self-loathing? Whatever. :rolleyes:

Mostly cause the stuff that works is still fun. And if they followed through on what they say, we wouldn't need to come complain would we? Have you read some of the other posts or just mine? (Thanks.)

And where exactly do you think we're gonna be on the 25th? I suspect for a lot of us, now is when we had a chance to play this content. Not in 4 days. Get a clue, sheesh.

And Zed, I hear there's a mecha-surprise you're gonna like. And that's all I'm gonna say about that other than have fun. :biggrin:

• Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited December 2012

I wonder that myself some days. Thankfully I have a fantastic bunch of friends in CO as well as a very active 'guild' (only in name, as it's mostly a channel filled with a ton of people).

It's not like Cryptic is doing anything to keep me playing.

1000+ day subscriber and NOT A Lifetimer... *shakes head*
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    edited December 2012

I dont think this is directed at me...

But its silly you bring this up....ironic actualy.....I actualy have been terminated form my job(as of a few hours before i posted this).....sooo....for me going to spend christmas with family...but after that....I will have to go find a job....and as is usual...that means I will probably end up starting immediately...

thus my post about not probably being able to enjoy the event....

Thats just how the worlds works though....cant have everything...

And not self loathing...just some facts....to try to the help the bug fixers do their job...

I was actualy thinking the special drops might happen on the 21st or maybe about the time the Qs winter wonder land started on star trek online....but go figure didnt happen.

Sooo...not to big of deal...there are lots of games with holiday events....
    proabbly it not starting and being such a short event is the reason you dont see alot of players online right now...they have holiday time..but they are probably doing other game holiday events instead.....just the nature of the game world.

=^_^=