test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Holiday Event is Almost Here!

Comments

• neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Nah it wasn't for you. And sorry to hear about the job, Christmas is a terrible time for companies to do that to their people. :frown:

But yah it was silly. Here we are complaining about not being able to play the winter event because some genius thought it would be great to start it on Christmas day when we'll be busy with family and he says go be with family. LOL. Clueless much?

Anyway, take this time to relax a bit and gear up for next year. Good luck with your job search. :smile:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    Why do some of you guys still play this game, let alone still post on this forum? Is there really this much self-loathing in the world?

Go spend some time with your families doing things you might actually enjoy.

Between work and time with the family, I like to spend some of my "me time" playing games. I bought a LTS for this game back in 2009, and while there are portions of the game I dislike, overall I find CO more enjoyable than the other MMOs currently out there.

Most importantly, just because we criticize the game or want to see things added/expanded, doesn't mean we hate the game...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • ace10007ace10007 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    -Its obvious people are mad about this event and it is pointless to add things right now without actually having an event. on the other hand all the speculationg going on about why they are delayed could just be part of PWE grand schemes of things, STO currently is already live with their extensive time consuming event to get all the event items, CO will surely follow with their time consuming event that will probably extend past STO, with both events not overlapping with each other so much, gurantees PWE that their player based will spend their time and money on each game for both events and increased their profits rather than compete with each others games for players to devote their time/money on.

Ingame under @AceMcCloud1007 leader of Heavy Artillery.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Self-loathing? Whatever. :rolleyes:

Mostly cause the stuff that works is still fun. And if they followed through on what they say, we wouldn't need to come complain would we? Have you read some of the other posts or just mine? (Thanks.)

And where exactly do you think we're gonna be on the 25th? I suspect for a lot of us, now is when we had a chance to play this content. Not in 4 days. Get a clue, sheesh.

And Zed, I hear there's a mecha-surprise you're gonna like. And that's all I'm gonna say about that other than have fun. :biggrin:

Yeah, my "advice" was more today-oriented. As in, go spend time doing something you actually enjoy right now, rather than keeping up the complaint crusade.

I don't know you (any of you). I have to assume that you're all great folks, and I wish nothing but happiness for you (sincerely, not being a smartass). I'm glad you still enjoy the game (again, sincerely). What I'm not as glad about, and what sometimes boils over into personal frustration, is that the visible presence of our community (forum) is so all-consumingly negative. Every single piece of news, or lack thereof, is met with disgust, derision, etc. It just gets old, and has obviously accomplished nothing (another source of complaints).

You're obviously entitled to your opinions and protests, and you're well within your rights (and good sense, probably) to disregard or roll your eyes at mine. I just feel like saying, now and then: "We get it." You're unhappy. The game could be better. If you stopped complaining all the time, the game would be exactly the same, and the forums would be much less of a soul-crushing chore to read through.

Let me reiterate, just because this is all text: I have no intention of personal insult here, or getting into an e-fight. I'm sure you all feel the same. This is ultimately a very, very small deal in life. Just 2 cents from a guy you will never meet.
  • chelodinachelodina Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ace10007 wrote: »
    why they are delayed could just be part of PWE grand schemes of things

The non-overlapping scheme you mentioned would be smart, but I HIGHLY doubt this is all a well-planned incident. After the Takofanes/Destroid debacle, in which the event broke and simply went away to never return (as of yet), most of us have little faith in the way the game is run. Which is a big reason why the timing of this (at best) miscommunication is horrible PR.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Man this is so **** -.-
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Are we really going to sit and watch snow fall around a barren tree for 4 days? Whee, some event. Epic fun.
    Speaking for myself (well, myselves), I plan on running around the world righting wrongs, fighting evil, and generally being a spandex-clad busybody.

In other words, pretty much like every other day. :biggrin:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    And I'm almost excited!

But not...

:frown:
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • crashdragoncrashdragon Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hmmm........

Wonder why on STO the event started a while ago and on here it's a liiiiitle late?

Some Dev's are getting coal in their stocking and a visit from the Three Ghosts Of Christmas Events.. :rolleyes:
    I like to hang around laundromats and steal hero's tights for ransom. =3
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This would be my First Christmas Event, Will I get to Enjoy it? o.-.o I don't even know what to do... like most things...
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    rtma wrote: »
    This would be my First Christmas Event, Will I get to Enjoy it? o.-.o I don't even know what to do... like most things...

Being your first time on this event, I would say you will enjoy it. Clarence(the big bear) is a fun fight and the black harlequin hideout mission is also enjoyable. :biggrin:
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ace10007 wrote: »
    -Its obvious people are mad about this event and it is pointless to add things right now without actually having an event. on the other hand all the speculationg going on about why they are delayed could just be part of PWE grand schemes of things, STO currently is already live with their extensive time consuming event to get all the event items, CO will surely follow with their time consuming event that will probably extend past STO, with both events not overlapping with each other so much, gurantees PWE that their player based will spend their time and money on each game for both events and increased their profits rather than compete with each others games for players to devote their time/money on.

BHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Oh, you're so funny.

Cryptic wouldn't do such a thing. They don't have the STAFF to do such a thing.

Here's CO's patch notes for the last 4 updates (note the lack of one for this week despite changes):
    http://co.perfectworld.com/news/?tag=co-patch-notes

Now look at STO's. See a slight difference?
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?tag=sto-patch-notes
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • mensarmensar Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    *knocks on the monitor*

HELLLOOO?

Cryptic.. this is the type of thread you need to get the management for PWE to read.

You're losing subscribers and people that would have purchased Z-store items.

Let's figure this out please.

The lifetimers have seen these events actually handled well... As in not like they are right now.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • bloodx13bloodx13 Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hmmm........

Wonder why on STO the event started a while ago and on here it's a liiiiitle late?

Some Dev's are getting coal in their stocking and a visit from the Three Ghosts Of Christmas Events.. :rolleyes:

Ya I remember when we got 25 days of Christmas as well and now its been reduced to one week. Like its always said actions speak louder then words and the same messages seems to be being screamed by Cryptic.
    edited December 2012
    rtma wrote: »

Sit tight for now, read this. There's much to do and a short time to get it done.

Winter Event Info

There is also Finkle's Factory which isn't listed. Get a team of friends together or watch chat for a team forming up for it, it's a lot of fun and has new rewards this year.

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Stage 1: Huge Tree.
    Stage 2: Broken, sorry.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Oh, look. More half-**** 'content and events' from Cryptic.

Champions Online is already in the acceptance stage of dying, I've seen this before. Part of me wants to do it a mercy and put a pillow over its face.

Thanks, PWE- your Chinese business plan sucks, and you wonder why we think your games are a joke.

::middlefinger::
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Sit tight for now, read this. There's much to do and a short time to get it done.

Winter Event Info

There is also Finkle's Factory which isn't listed. Get a team of friends together or watch chat for a team forming up for it, it's a lot of fun and has new rewards this year.

Too bad we have an entire weekend to not enjoy the event...screw it I am gonna play something that I can enjoy.

Being disappointed in things I was looking forward in this game has become too common.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    somebob wrote: »
    BHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Oh, you're so funny.

Here's CO's patch notes for the last 4 updates (note the lack of one for this week despite changes):

WOW! :eek: It's as if CO is on life support. :frown:

As an aside... Collections Officers? See this is what happens when you are not always running a beginning hero. You miss this stuff. :redface:

{ flies of to create a new hero }

Shaz-Bot - Coming Soon to a Mission Near You.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    BHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Oh, you're so funny.

Yeah, it's gotten to the point that I don't even look at the STO forums anymore...

It's too depressing...
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • prankensteinprankenstein Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Great, it's another opportunity for me to grab the Black Harlequin cap.

This will be my 3rd CO Christmas, and that's all the event really is, now that I think about it. A giant, admittedly fun trash mob that does some stomping but is eventually zerged down by the FF minmaxers and the ATs who have no idea what they're doing half the time. This is not a hard fight. There is a PBAoE knock that does meh damage, but that's all the signature event of CO's christmas is.

Sure, there are presents, action figures, and mechateddy hide backpacks to collect, even some snowballs to throw for your snowman head, but these wear out in minutes. Nothing I see here has changed since last time. We've had a nice kitchen sink patch and f2p since then, but that was a good 9 months ago. What is my $15 a month funding? What am I paying for?

This event hasn't changed for years. Bloodmoon hasn't changed since its launch. and DJ Madbot has a cooler stage, yay. I don't want to pay for NW. I don't want to pay for STO. You can't seriously tell me that every single subscription goes to Trailturtle and some skeleton crew. If so, then please, tell me.

Welcome to the last Christmas event of CO, kids. Better enjoy it for the week it lasts.
    ~~~The Tidal Tilde Wave of Seperation~~~
    I'd rather get STO's level of lockbox suck if worthwhile updates come with it. -Buxom
  • embracemyswordembracemysword Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Great, it's another opportunity for me to grab the Black Harlequin cap.

This will be my 3rd CO Christmas, and that's all the event really is, now that I think about it. A giant, admittedly fun trash mob that does some stomping but is eventually zerged down by the FF minmaxers and the ATs who have no idea what they're doing half the time. This is not a hard fight. There is a PBAoE knock that does meh damage, but that's all the signature event of CO's christmas is.

Sure, there are presents, action figures, and mechateddy hide backpacks to collect, even some snowballs to throw for your snowman head, but these wear out in minutes. Nothing I see here has changed since last time. We've had a nice kitchen sink patch and f2p since then, but that was a good 9 months ago. What is my $15 a month funding? What am I paying for?

This event hasn't changed for years. Bloodmoon hasn't changed since its launch. and DJ Madbot has a cooler stage, yay. I don't want to pay for NW. I don't want to pay for STO. You can't seriously tell me that every single subscription goes to Trailturtle and some skeleton crew. If so, then please, tell me.

Welcome to the last Christmas event of CO, kids. Better enjoy it for the week it lasts.

Actually all the 3 events that you've mentioned got ruined by PWE, due to the stupid changes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    Actually all the 3 events that you've mentioned got ruined by PWE, due to the stupid changes.

What's even more resounding than all the negative comments.... is the silence coming from Cryptic and PWE.

I'm not sure there's a MMO out there that would allow all the discontent and presumptions of malicious intent without a response of some kind. Either some kind of reassurance that we're all stupid and there's nothing wrong except some glitches that are getting fixed when the devs get back on XXX date. Or.. something.

So.. the silence is, by default, another acknowledgement that this game has zero management/devs working on it right now. Just a dedicated CM that probably doesn't want to stick their neck out in front of an angry mob.

I can't say I blame him.

Breaks my heart thought. This used to be such a great game. I just hope that the negativity will make them realize what's going on and get the attention of the right person.

Bacon Overlord

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
    edited December 2012
    This event hasn't changed for years.

Finkle's Factory?
    Bloodmoon hasn't changed since its launch.

The Halloween and what was the Full Moon version of Bloodmoon?

Now that could be, time will tell. But as they say, the silence is deafening. :frown:

• gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Who is the right person to lead this game? Robobo frankly was beter than Stokeman. And I couldn't STAND Robobo.

In both there is a severe lack of:

Vision - Where will you be focusing development? Adventure Packs, Comic Series, Alerts, New Zones, New Powers, New Features, etc..

Communication - How do you relay the vision to potential players, veterans, and the MMO community as a whole.

Execution - I graded the last UNTIL report a "F". I grade Vehicles a "F". I grade Alerts a "D". The rampant existence of bugs throughout the ENTIRE game gets a F MINUS. I can't stand open missions being bugged. Pickup and throw/Telekinesis being bugged.. nm I wont get started.

- -

If we can't get an Executive Director who constantly grades themselves on the above criteria and is dedicated to excellence (A+ across the board) then we (the lifeblood of the game) will continue to trickle away.
  • lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Christmas events in games tend to be the same every year with minor tweaks from one year to the next (well, in most f2p games I've played). I don't see what the issue with this one other than bad timing (and the possibility of lockboxes).
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    lestylo wrote: »
    Christmas events in games tend to be the same every year with minor tweaks from one year to the next (well, in most f2p games I've played). I don't see what the issue with this one other than bad timing (and the possibility of lockboxes).

IF the devs are using this time to develop something else in Champions-Online then I am in full support of repeating tweaked content.
  • serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Its not bad enough they have hardly anyone working on CO
    They have them working on crap rather than what they NEED to be working on.

Heck even things that take no dev time like when to turn on the winter event they cant get right! I mean come on turning it on for just the christmas week when most people are too busy to take part, rather than a week before so people can relax and enjoy it...

Cryptic - where incompetence knows no bounds!
    edited December 2012
    I'm just waiting for the full set of New Stempunk pieces to appear in Z-store.
  • scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So the event is ''built up'' during four whole days and it lasts only six?

That doesn't make any sense. I hope the calendar is wrong.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,123 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hi, anyone who has any control over this event, I'd like to say something.

Since it's been a disappointment so far...you should leave this event running for at least two more weeks, well into Janurary, or better yet include a New Years Event or something, but that's me running off with the dream fairies..

And another thing!

-Telepathy
    - Phase 2

Any idea when we will hear about either of these two? Preferably the first point, first.
    edited December 2012
    Well, they've been trying to tell you about Phase II, but apparently their Telepathy isn't working...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I wonder that myself some days. Thankfully I have a fantastic bunch of friends in CO as well as a very active 'guild' (only in name, as it's mostly a channel filled with a ton of people).

It's not like Cryptic is doing anything to keep me playing.

1000+ day subscriber and NOT A Lifetimer... *shakes head*

Yeah Bob I hear you, if it wasn't for the channel and friends in CO I would have left long ago. It seems PW are actively trying to drive people away from CO. Maybe they need the servers for NWN, as they already have all our devs so not much else is left.
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Stage 1: Event starts.
    Stage 2: Broken, sorry.

Fixed it for you. It seems Cryptic are unable to launch any event recently, without a major **** up occurring immediately afterwards. If they cannot even get a rehash of existing content working right and on time, what hope do we have of anything meaningful ever been released?
    I'm just waiting for the full set of New Stempunk pieces to appear in Z-store.

And this is the reason we only have 6 days to farm them. Less if you are working as I am, and/or have family responsibilities, as I also have
    :mad:

There is only one thing worse then the lack of effort on Cryptics part and that is their silence. This speaks volumes about how important they consider the CO community.
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    c3rvand0 wrote: »
    Yeah Bob I hear you, if it wasn't for the channel and friends in CO I would have left long ago. It seems PW are actively trying to drive people away from CO. Maybe they need the servers for NWN, as they already have all our devs so not much else is left.

Fixed it for you. It seems Cryptic are unable to launch any event recently, without a major **** up occurring immediately afterwards. If they cannot even get a rehash of existing content working right and on time, what hope do we have of anything meaningful ever been released?

And this is the reason we only have 6 days to farm them. Less if you are working as I am, and/or have family responsibilities, as I also have
    :mad:

There is only one thing worse then the lack of effort on Cryptics part and that is their silence. This speaks volumes about how important they consider the CO community.

Exactly!!! Cevando just said what I wanted to say. I am disgusted at the service I am receiving as a customer.

I respect you jonsills, but your posts are sounding more and more ridiculous. It's not you we want to hear from but an actual member of the Cryptic team. Last time I checked you weren't one of them. You are sounding more and more despererate and your posts are not working as responses to the unresponsive Cryptic team. Give it up man.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited December 2012
    Zenith, that last post I made in this thread (like better than half my posts anywhere) was a joke.

To dissect it (and therefore kill it), the idea was that someone had been trying to tell Ravenforce about Phase II - but they had been trying to do so telepathically, and since Telepathy still sucks, it didn't work.

A moment of silence, please, for the late, lamented play on words...

edited December 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    Zenith, that last post I made in this thread (like better than half my posts anywhere) was a joke.

To dissect it (and therefore kill it), the idea was that someone had been trying to tell Ravenforce about Phase II - but they had been trying to do so telepathically, and since Telepathy still sucks, it didn't work.

A moment of silence, please, for the late, lamented play on words...

You are so superior. Forgive me for my ignorance. So instead of telling jokes, why don't you join us in the battle for the game we love.........much as we adore your fabulous sense of humour.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited December 2012
    You are so superior. Forgive me for my ignorance. So instead of telling jokes, why don't you join us in the battle for the game we love.........much as we adore your fabulous sense of humour.

No sarcastic font?

:biggrin:

Actually we all do need to pull together. I'm one of the biggest advocates for supporting games I like. And this one has been a big fave for years. Which is also why I'm so outspoken about it right now.

CO community deserves better communication and a little TLC. Ok, we'll at least the communication.

I retire in a few moths and would be happy to take over as a PR rep for cryptic (as there does not appear to be one) or customer service manager, QA team chief, etc.

Hit me up.

Bacon Overlord

edited December 2012
    mensar wrote: »
    No sarcastic font?

:biggrin:

Actually we all do need to pull together. I'm one of the biggest advocates for supporting games I like. And this one has been a big fave for years. Which is also why I'm so outspoken about it right now.

CO community deserves better communication and a little TLC. Ok, we'll at least the communication.

I retire in a few moths and would be happy to take over as a PR rep for cryptic (as there does not appear to be one) or customer service manager, QA team chief, etc.

Hit me up.

/signed. I'm with ya man. And no, I don't do sarcastic fonts.
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited December 2012
    Tell me, zenith, have you ever worked with a boss who seemed bent on denigrating your work and belittling everything you did? Did that make you want to work harder just to show him, or did that make you want to do the very least you could get away with because it was never going to matter to him anyway?

Have you ever worked customer service? Did it make you work any harder when the customers came in screaming vile imprecations and curses upon your parentage? Especially when the problem was nothing you could do anything about anyway, but company policy forbade saying so?

Why do you think doing that to Cryptic is going to make anything any better? Do you really imagine you have more of an impact on Cryptic's corporate culture than their relatively new PWE overlords? Or do you just enjoy being as negative as you can, and driving away any new customers who might help this ship stay afloat until such time as the overworked ensign belowdecks can get a few patches in place? (It's plain, of course, that we only have the one ensign working belowdecks - I'm not sure whether the captain has completely abandoned ship yet or not, but I for one am not giving up the ship just because someone thought they might have seen an iceberg!)

• c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    Tell me, zenith, have you ever worked with a boss who seemed bent on denigrating your work and belittling everything you did? Did that make you want to work harder just to show him, or did that make you want to do the very least you could get away with because it was never going to matter to him anyway?

Have you ever worked customer service? Did it make you work any harder when the customers came in screaming vile imprecations and curses upon your parentage? Especially when the problem was nothing you could do anything about anyway, but company policy forbade saying so?

Why do you think doing that to Cryptic is going to make anything any better? Do you really imagine you have more of an impact on Cryptic's corporate culture than their relatively new PWE overlords? Or do you just enjoy being as negative as you can, and driving away any new customers who might help this ship stay afloat until such time as the overworked ensign belowdecks can get a few patches in place? (It's plain, of course, that we only have the one ensign working belowdecks - I'm not sure whether the captain has completely abandoned ship yet or not, but I for one am not giving up the ship just because someone thought they might have seen an iceberg!)

Your analogy is wrong. It's more like if the boss puts up with no effort at all, why would an employee strive to work any harder. If the employee thinks he is doing a good job, why would he do anything different? If the employer doesn't feedback the mistakes the employee is making, how will they improve? For a long time many players have been feeding Cryptic constructive criticism, but however positive it has been, it has largely been ignored, which is why so few people bother to report bugs on PTS anymore as they still make it to live regardless. In the end people are bound to rage in frustration as we are human and not saints.

To carry your analogy further, if you as a boss had an employee who continued to produce insufficient and shoddy work and when you asked for an explanation or tried to give them guidance you were ignored, how would you respond? Sadly, we cannot fire Cryptic and/or PWE and employ new staff. but I sure wish we could.

The reason many players are so vocal in their criticism is that they enjoy CO despite the fact they feel abandoned. They keep hoping for light at the end of the tunnel, but it seems the tunnel ends in a precipice.
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    Your analogy is wrong. It's more like if the boss puts up with no effort at all, why would an employee strive to work any harder. If the employee thinks he is doing a good job, why would he do anything different? If the employer doesn't feedback the mistakes the employee is making, how will they improve? For a long time many players have been feeding Cryptic constructive criticism, but however positive it has been, it has largely been ignored, which is why so few people bother to report bugs on PTS anymore as they still make it to live regardless. In the end people are bound to rage in frustration as we are human and not saints.

To carry your analogy further, if you as a boss had an employee who continued to produce insufficient and shoddy work and when you asked for an explanation or tried to give them guidance you were ignored, how would you respond? Sadly, we cannot fire Cryptic and/or PWE and employ new staff. but I sure wish we could.

The reason many players are so vocal in their criticism is that they enjoy CO despite the fact they feel abandoned. They keep hoping for light at the end of the tunnel, but it seems the tunnel ends in a precipice.

Quoted for truth. Jonsills, you are truly deluded.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • caycepollardcaycepollard Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Doublequoted for epic-truth and massive win.:biggrin:
    (Sorry if this is a violation of some kind of forum etiquette, but this sums up pretty much how I feel about CO: I'm telling them how I want them to change, and they're still going out with their guy-friends drinking every night & coming home stinking of cheap perfume. Why should I continue to give MY HEART to the game, when it can't be bothered to give me the time of day?)
  • dynamechdynamech Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'll add my voice to that of the disappointed. With little to no evidence of any difference between this event and last year's (or previous to that) I don't see why it's being delayed. The tree and Elves should've been up by the beginning of the month, and if they're going to tell us we should be looking for presents to donate or whatever, that's what should've been going on UNTIL December 25th.

I mean, come on guys, they may be fake, but at least most stores and public areas have fake presents, elves, and santas out before the 25th.

What I'm imagining will happen is this:

Christmas Lockboxes for all! Purchase a key for a chance to unlock one of our many nigh-useless costume pieces! Also, a chance for a dozen "new" vehicles that are now painted white and/or have a snow pattern on them. Seriously, mark my words, the presents and missions will now give out lockboxes whose flavor text says "don't open until Christmas."

Actually, that would've been nice. All month, getting special lockboxes that are on a timer ... you could open them early, but they are 100% free to open on the 24th, 25th, and 26th.

But then again, what would I know? It's probably a lot more "fun" their way.
  • benevonbenevon Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have to join in with the disappointed. Absolutely no build up to Christmas Day, only lasts for a week AFTER Christmas when everyone has to go back to work. Why not give us something to do during the weekend before the holiday since many of us have a long weekend? Other MMOs with such events start these up at least a week or two before the actual day.

Anybody who says that "anticipation is part of the holiday" is mistaken about this particular topic. This is a game, meaning a lot of other things come first in the players lives and letting this event run when many people won't be around is silly.

My Characters on PRIMUS
    Toons and costumes thread
    @Benevon
    Leader of Super Serious Brooding Vigilantes
  • phennexion1777phennexion1777 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    -Im getting tired of all these comments about how CO is dying and that they dont care and blah blah blah. Reality is that CO didnt start their holiday event sooner and people need to deal with it and as far as content goes, I believe they been doing a great work just the last couple of months we got new alerts, Nighthawk, Vehicles, Cstore content, rework of powers, new/update events, new items. I even recall a when the bloodmoon event was active people in boards and ingame complaining how CO needed to stop delivering new content and having to many events, when they should be working on maintenance of the game.

So which is it people updates or maintenance? or is it simply you all have to find something to complain about which prob half of you dont even spend real money in the game. Lastly for all those STO comparisons. STO for their first 2 years their content/updates where so slow, after fleet season update they been delivering more rapidly but all that content was being work on since the begining of STO and until now is being delivered and even then where is the new faction to play with, except a bunch of ships that try to be tied into factions. if anything i truly stand and believe CO is doing a way better job and cant wait to see what else they will bring next year.
  • thalast1thalast1 Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Guys, leave jon alone.

No need to take out your frustrations on him.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,123 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ..Blast's everyone for 45555555555555555555555555555555555k Positive Xmas damage.

And yes it has 1000% defense penetration so it dissovles your negativity shields.

And now for the Bomb..

>>Click here<<
    edited December 2012
    we got new alerts, Nighthawk, Vehicles, Cstore content, rework of powers, new/update events, new items.

New Alerts: The Airship Thingie, which noone really plays (we know it continues the Doctor Destroyers plans of return). Warlord is nice. Red Winter is pretty good one. Hi Pan is nice. Gravitar is nice.

Nighthawk: Who? All i have seen is Nighthawk?. That's what people say who weren't here when the Nighthawk "Event" was on. The whole plot why Nighthawk has returned is gone.

Vehicles: Yeah. Very nice travel powers.
    Hey, i'm not complaining. I got my Prototype Hawkwing AND the 1500Zen refund for it. I got the Avalanche Tank with 1st key of 5. I got the Ridgeback Tank with 1st Key of 3 from AH. Stop holding the bikes and gimmegimmegimme!

Z(C)store content: It's allways nice to get something to spend my monthly 500Z to. MORE TIGHTS!!! We got Cosmic Keys!!!!

Power Reworks: Allways nice. But New Power Set would be even nicer. Reworking is everlasting circle.

New/Update Events: Yea, Nighthawk "Event" was nice. It's gone. Destroid Invasion was nice. It's gone. Blood Moon is same as allways, with little tweakings. Good that it's not on every month. Let me do the Fidggin Finkle Foundry!!!!

New Items: What, where? The Legacy Devices? Legacy Costume pieces? Lock Boxes? Heirlooms?

Yes, they actually removed playable content from the game. Like what the heck?
    I do hope they get that coming 'Major Content' working. No hurry.
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    thalast1 wrote: »
    Guys, leave jon alone.

No need to take out your frustrations on him.

Exactly, his Jokes have been nice stress releavers. So Thank you jon.

I have stated before that I am on the frustraited side, but with how long it has been since we have had any real responses I am done worrying about this game. I am just going to sit back and watch and see what happens after Neverwinter hits. I will log in to RP with my friends and that is it.

Now it is Christmas Eve, I think it would be good for everyone to take the day off, enjoy yourselves the next two days, rest, relax, and just let go of the frustraitions for a bit.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • benevonbenevon Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    New Alerts: The Airship Thingie, which noone really plays (we know it continues the Doctor Destroyers plans of return). Warlord is nice. Red Winter is pretty good one. Hi Pan is nice. Gravitar is nice.

Nighthawk: Who? All i have seen is Nighthawk?. That's what people say who weren't here when the Nighthawk "Event" was on. The whole plot why Nighthawk has returned is gone.

Vehicles: Yeah. Very nice travel powers.
    Hey, i'm not complaining. I got my Prototype Hawkwing AND the 1500Zen refund for it. I got the Avalanche Tank with 1st key of 5. I got the Ridgeback Tank with 1st Key of 3 from AH. Stop holding the bikes and gimmegimmegimme!

Z(C)store content: It's allways nice to get something to spend my monthly 500Z to. MORE TIGHTS!!! We got Cosmic Keys!!!!

Power Reworks: Allways nice. But New Power Set would be even nicer. Reworking is everlasting circle.

New/Update Events: Yea, Nighthawk "Event" was nice. It's gone. Destroid Invasion was nice. It's gone. Blood Moon is same as allways, with little tweakings. Good that it's not on every month. Let me do the Fidggin Finkle Foundry!!!!

New Items: What, where? The Legacy Devices? Legacy Costume pieces? Lock Boxes? Heirlooms?

Yes, they actually removed playable content from the game. Like what the heck?
    I do hope they get that coming 'Major Content' working. No hurry.

Exactly. And not to mention the Nighthawk patch broke ALOT of things, Destroid event never worked to begin with and the vehicles was just another way to shove more keys down our throats.

And it's been well over a month and a half to two months since anything came out. I haven't even had a new costume set to spend my stipends on for quite some.

What *I* don't understand is why some people get so butt-hurt about a negative comment directed at a company they have nothing to do with. If you enjoy the game, that is awesome. It's a fun game the first time around. Doing the same missions over and over and over on alts gets old. Lack of end game content gets old. The game isn't dead yet, just stale.

I hope for the best for this game, I really do, but I have a hard time even logging in anymore besides to chat with friends. I want more stuff to do so I can enjoy it like I used to.

My Characters on PRIMUS
    Toons and costumes thread
    @Benevon
    Leader of Super Serious Brooding Vigilantes