test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Holiday Event is Almost Here!

124»

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Have not even tried it this year, but last year, after many false starts, I found a strategy that worked for me with a 36 lvl Glacier.

Last year I beat it solo with a Zed Icelander, but I did it by flying and then did my best to hang near the ceiling. I would bob down to do as much damage as possible, then bob back up for some natural, if slow, healing, whenever I was badly damage. If I used a Tempest, I think I would try doing it the same way. Pull up to the top while blocking (if the damage becomes too much), once healed, swoop down and poor on the damage. On Monster Island I use a similar strategy against Mega-Terak.

I have found that patience is a must for some battles. Mecha-Teddy (from last year) was a VERY slow slog (nearly an hour, I think), but since there were no clocks counting down to force failure on the mission, it was as simple as lather, rinse, repeat.

If other factors have changed, like the ceiling is too low, it might not work, but if all things remain the same, it SHOULD work for any ranger.

Gee, I sure hope I didn't just give the Devs an idea for next year. Timers often ruin my fun in this game. :wink: I think I could take down a Maga-D solo if it were not for the timer. I might have to take an entire day, but I think I could do it with a Tempest or another 40h lvl ranger. One player bragged that she'd taken down Kigatilik (and his pets) with nothing but Flight, Sniper Rifle and lots and lots of patience. Don't know if it is true, but if someone told me they were going to try it, I show up with pop corn to watch. :smile:

For me it was my 36th lvl Behemoth that I could never figure out a winning solo strategy for. Go figure. :biggrin:

I'm sure the Devs allowed for more than one winning strategy. Every one has a winning strategy in them. Start by going with your strengths and build from there. Sorry if that sounded pithy. :redface:

If you're talking about the Finkle's Foundry fight, then you should know that it's not the same end boss as last year; at about 1/3 health, Black Harlequin tp's away and you have to fight 2 giant mecha-toy soldiers. You need only defeat one of them to win, but they can be tough.

Another important note - if you're on a team, make sure everyone is attacking the same toy soldier. I lost my drop one fight because I was attacking the other one...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I just had the same problem. There was no perk counting the number of people.

BUT, once I hit twenty, I got the perk, and a new one popped up stating how many I had to go. Perhaps the first one is bugged to not pop up until completed, like most hidden perks?

You're right, it doesn't show a count like the others, and just simply pop up after.
  • lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    One player bragged that she'd taken down Kigatilik (and his pets) with nothing but Flight, Sniper Rifle and lots and lots of patience. Don't know if it is true, but if someone told me they were going to try it, I show up with pop corn to watch. :smile:

It can take anywhere from 1-2 hours. Don't ask me how I know. :wink:
    bioshrike wrote: »
    If you're talking about the Finkle's Foundry fight, then you should know that it's not the same end boss as last year; at about 1/3 health, Black Harlequin tp's away and you have to fight 2 giant mecha-toy soldiers. You need only defeat one of them to win, but they can be tough.

Another important note - if you're on a team, make sure everyone is attacking the same toy soldier. I lost my drop one fight because I was attacking the other one...

That actually bugged me a little. At first I assumed it was because I ran it solo but then I ran with a group and the same thing happened. I was all prepared to handle the other one too.
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    bioshrike wrote: »

No worries. I understood that from an earlier post I read.

Question 1 - Are these Mecha-Toy Sodiers each as tough as those pairs of Mega-Ds that popped up around the Champion's HQ back just after this year's Anniversary?

Question 2 - Does anyone remember what the Health was of those guys?

Question 3 - Does anyone know of a single, tougher cosmic than Clarence?

http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Clarence

Over 9 Million Heath. :eek:

If each of these guys are as tough as one Clarence then... { faints }

:wink:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Question 3 - Does anyone know of a single, tougher cosmic than Clarence?

http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Clarence

Over 9 Million Heath. :eek:

If each of these guys are as tough as one Clarence then... { faints }

:wink:

The only thing that makes Clarence tough to beat is the extreme amount of HP and the time limit.

Pound for pound, Teleiosaurus makes Clarence look like a well... teddy bear imo. :wink:

http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Teleiosaurus

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    2. 26k on Normal difficulty. Or was it 46k...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited December 2012
    I just gave my old Ceiling Strategy a try. It will forever be know as - The Afternoon of Death. The Devs took away my safe spot. { shakes fist at evil Devs } :wink:

Also, I gave monaahiru Safe Spot strategy a try. It's not a safe spot for my hero. One of the Mecha-Soldiers reached through the wall :eek: (I'm not kidding and I'm also sure it was a one off glitch) and poured on the damage right down to Bolt's last Health Point. I was blocking most of time as I tried to slide back up the ramp. But alas { PHHHHHHOOM!!! }

Also they are about 270,000 Health a piece (on normal) so they are not equal to two Clarences, or even one Clarence, Health-wise, but each can sure pore on the damage from any location I've tried so far.

I might give it a go with Tyro, a Freeform take on the Glacier, but if he cannot replenish his health quickly while under constant assault, then the Devs just got their wish. As in, the only way to win this one is by grouping (or using a Uber Freeform build).

monaahiru - Since your vid shows yellow Lightning, I assume that your Hero is a Freeform. Am I right?
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited December 2012
    Also, I gave monaahiru Safe Spot strategy a try. It's not a safe spot for my hero. One of the Mecha-Soldiers reached through the wall :eek: (I'm not kidding and I'm also sure it was a one off glitch) and poured on the damage right down to Bolt's last Health Point. I was blocking most of time as I tried to slide back up the ramp. But alas { PHHHHHHOOM!!! }

What he failed to point out was that he was using one of the most OP devices in the game.

http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Necrullitic_Elixir_(Legacy_Upgrade)

If you don't have it, forget it. :redface:

• monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited December 2012

monaahiru - Since your vid shows yellow Lightning, I assume that your Hero is a Freeform. Am I right?

Yup I'm FF. If the wall was not safe, try teh beg Teddy's leg or from in Air. You will need some kind of self Heal anyway. Take care. :D
    edited December 2012
    The door strategy seem to depend on, luck. Once i got smashed to bits, then other time i got blasted by little electricity, other time the bot just stood there and did some stomp few times. Yes, i did solo it. :biggrin:
    edited December 2012
    What he failed to point out was that he was using one of the most OP devices in the game.

http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Necrullitic_Elixir_(Legacy_Upgrade)

If you don't have it, forget it. :redface:

Were you trying to send me to this link?

http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Necrullitic_Elixir_%28Legacy_Upgrade%29

:smile: Yeah. A constant recharge of 56,000 health points would just about do it.

Hey, monaahiru - Mind if I borrow that EL whatsis for five minutes? There's this troll that lives under a bridge in Memorial Park I've been meaning to take care of. He's been harassing the entire neighborhood. I promise to give it right back as soon as I've set things right. What do you say, Buddy? Just five minutes? :wink:

I think I would rather have a high ceiling and Clarence than those two electric monsters. Words I never thought I would be saying last year. :redface:

As the little Spanish dog once said of a giant lizard, "I think were going to need a bigger box."

I know, I know. He borrowed the line from this guy.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The best strategy I found was to lure them around one of the pillars until one gets stuck behind the other and can't attack you.

Its quite an effective "challenge" when they have the ability to reduce your defense stat and damage resistance to nothing.
    edited December 2012
    Were you trying to send me to this link?

DOH! Sorry bout that. :redface:

• monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hey, monaahiru - Mind if I borrow that EL whatsis for five minutes? There's this troll that lives under a bridge in Memorial Park I've been meaning to take care of. He's been harassing the entire neighborhood. I promise to give it right back as soon as I've set things right. What do you say, Buddy? Just five minutes? :wink:

Just Ego stated with high Critical Chance.
    Also Defense bonus Gear works good for Offense with "Best Defense". :3
    edited December 2012
    All i had was my dual pistols and an angel. And candy cane.. (and seems i forgot to turn on the Concentration after i died...)
    :cool:

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/898/twogunmojofinn.jpg
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,123 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This might have been stupidly obvious to the rest of you but I only realised this very recently, I went in with my character CharmCaster who has electric form passive and whereas usually with my other chars I'd take something like 1-1.7k damage from their electric damage I only took 200 damage and managed to solo it after going in with a team.

The first time I did it I was like O__________O! I was just stunned by the fact that they were moving :tongue:

By the way, does anyone think Clarence needs more click attacks? I do...

His charge attacks are quite powerful which is a good thing but I think he might need an attack upgrade maybe...perhaps an aura like those Toy Soldiers? :p
  • mersenneprimemersenneprime Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    monaahiru wrote: »
    6 costumes and 12 type of Primary-Santa-Gears are new thingies this year.
    Anything beyond those?

No new AFs or perks?

In the game, I'm @Knickknacks.
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Anything beyond those?

No new AFs or perks?

Not that i have seen or heard.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • thebrainstemthebrainstem Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    There are a few new perks that I know of.

Snowball Sampling: Hit 40 people with snowballs.
    Snowball Strategy: Be hit by 40 snowballs.

Might be others, but those are the ones I've personally received new this year.
    There are a few new perks that I know of.

Snowball Sampling: Hit 40 people with snowballs.
    Snowball Strategy: Be hit by 40 snowballs.

Might be others, but those are the ones I've personally received new this year.

We should organize a Snowball fight? How about:

Location: Mill City on the grass just west of the Super Jet Landing Pad

Time: Top of every hour until the quarter hour.

When: Starting Sunday through last day of Event.

What to Bring: Every Snowball you can get your hands on (Plus Mistletoe and Gifts)

After: Throw Kisses and Gifts at one another to demonstrate Seasonal good will and cheer (and to complete even more Perks).

What'd'yah'think? :biggrin:

Now I'm thinking that the time might work better if it were every four hours - 12:00 / 4:00 / 8:00 AM/PM
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited December 2012
    The End.
    Happy New Year!
  • markfalconemarkfalcone Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
    Seriously? One week and that's it? We just got back from vacation, had a blast last night, I saw all of the great things I was hoping to get a chance at, and POOF! This morning it's already gone. That just plain SUCKS!
    edited December 2012
    Seriously? One week and that's it? We just got back from vacation, had a blast last night, I saw all of the great things I was hoping to get a chance at, and POOF! This morning it's already gone. That just plain SUCKS!

WAIT! The event is over?!

So this year... I've had to wait 4 months for my main to get powers and she still hasnt got any...and now the only event that symbolised the holidays has gone after a few days...:confused:

Well..I guess we'd better start bracing for the drills!!
  • tigshadowtigshadow Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I like how the calendar says the event was supposed to last until 10am server time but stopped at 6am?

When you have little new content for a spell and others wish to enjoy an event, why would you turn it off earlier this year and not give us until after January 1st?

It's kind of like a waste for those first 4 days with absolutely nothing until the 25th and then less than 6 days later it's gone.

Overall I had fun with those that did come out to join in, but it should have lasted longer this year. If you're going to do a whole 4 days of a set up, it should be done earlier for those to enjoy things as if they do, they tend to spend more when they are enjoying it.
    edited December 2012
    tigshadow wrote: »
    I like how the calendar says the event was supposed to last until 10am server time but stopped at 6am?

When you have little new content for a spell and others wish to enjoy an event, why would you turn it off earlier this year and not give us until after January 1st?

It's kind of like a waste for those first 4 days with absolutely nothing until the 25th and then less than 6 days later it's gone.

Overall I had fun with those that did come out to join in, but it should have lasted longer this year. If you're going to do a whole 4 days of a set up, it should be done earlier for those to enjoy things as if they do, they tend to spend more when they are enjoying it.

Does this get you excited for next year? :biggrin:

:eek:>>here<<:eek:

No word on if it is a fan made but I seriously doubt it.
  • tigshadowtigshadow Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2012

It doesn't seem fan made but tbh that would be a great xmas present if they had something like this in development where we might see a new zone not just a new mission. If that's the case that is the only reason where it's acceptable where you want to just roll through an event shorter than a previous year. It will make up a lot to many. It's a nice video though.
  • serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This is totally ridiculous. Having the event last under 1 week, and that the christmas week when many cant participate much/at all is beyond ridiculous!

But then they havent done anything well the entire year, so why should this be different...
    edited December 2012

As I said in other threads about that video, until I see it on CO's front page I am labeling it a Fan-made video. Though I would be VERY happy to be proven wrong.
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    bwdares wrote: »
    As I said in other threads about that video, until I see it on CO's front page I am labeling it a Fan-made video. Though I would be VERY happy to be proven wrong.

That's an awful lot of work using Cryptic engine items (it's obviously Millennium City for starters) to make a fan video.

As usual, Cryptic isn't telling us anything. Also, they have no idea how to program anything. Shutting off an event early is FAR from new for them.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    edited December 2012
    somebob wrote: »
    That's an awful lot of work using Cryptic engine items (it's obviously Millennium City for starters) to make a fan video.

As usual, Cryptic isn't telling us anything. Also, they have no idea how to program anything. Shutting off an event early is FAR from new for them.

So you say it takes alot of effort to make that video, then say Cryptic cant program which would mean they can't program anything, so then they couldn't make the video due to lack of skill, so then I guess that leaves people who dilike CO as the ones who made it. :tongue:
    edited December 2012

How did you find this vid?
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    How did you find this vid?

Right here is where it showed up the first time (and has been reposted a few times on the boards):

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2808091&postcount=96
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Let's see...

MSN login sound at 0:23
    Westside Zone music mixed in with sounds at 0:38

I'll give it a 7/10.

It's a very good attempt at the demorecord program.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This is totally ridiculous. Having the event last under 1 week, and that the christmas week when many cant participate much/at all is beyond ridiculous!

Agreed. Add to that the fact that the costume pieces were bound on pickup and we have a real fail of an event.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited January 2013
    Is it common practice for gaming companies to use the same name as another company's recent addition?

I'm asking about Battlefield 3 and Aftermath. And are there other Aftermaths for other games recent or no?
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited January 2013
    malvou wrote: »
    Let's see...

MSN login sound at 0:23
    Westside Zone music mixed in with sounds at 0:38

I'll give it a 7/10.

It's a very good attempt at the demorecord program.

I believe some of the music was from Whiteout as well.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    We're still getting reloaded, I'd think.

Oh, and it doesn't matter if I can hear someone munching on corn chips in the background, demo_record doesn't make zones.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
    edited January 2013
    I believe some of the music was from Whiteout as well.

Is that where that music came from? LOL I was trying to put my finger on it. My brain ran all the way back to Diablo. The original. That music always sounded less like music and more like haunted house sound effects to me. But Whiteout makes more sense.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg