test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Introducing Genome: a Might / Giant Growth build

123457»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Pulsewave.. you rock I wish there were a way to tip you C- points for all your hard work... like the foundry authors in STO
    edited May 2012
    Breakout wrote:
    Pulsewave.. you rock I wish there were a way to tip you C- points for all your hard work... like the foundry authors in STO

Thanks B. Genome is updated and bigger than ever. :)
    edited May 2012
    Pulsewave wrote:
    Thanks B. Genome is updated and bigger than ever. :)

Thanks Pulsewave, awesome as always :) I have a growth character I am leveling but I went heavy weapon. Although not as efficient as Might, I wanted HW for theme. What do you think of the following leveling build?

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name: Khanage

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Super Intelligence (Primary)
    Level 10: Super Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Super Strength (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: Superhuman
    Level 6: Body and Mind
    Level 9: Healthy Mind
    Level 12: Physical Conditioning
    Level 15: Coordinated
    Level 18: Acrobat
    Level 21: Covert Ops Training

Powers:
    Level 1: Bludgeon
    Level 1: Unstoppable (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Eruption (Rank 2, Magma Burst)
    Level 8: Enrage (Giant Growth)
    Level 11: Aggressor (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Arc of Ruin (Rank 2, No Quarter)
    Level 17: Miniaturization Drive (Rank 2, Reciprocating Gizmo)
    Level 20: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 23: Resurgence
    Level 26: Vicious Descent (Relentless)
    Level 29: Intensity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Annihilate (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Nanobot Swarm (Rank 2, Rejuvinating Injectors)
    Level 38: Masterful Dodge

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Superjump (Rebounding Resilience)
    Level 35: Teleportation
    edited May 2012
    Pulsewave:

The idea of a character the size of Mighty Joe Young being able to Masterfully Dodge anything is funny. This guy is literally the broad side of a barn.

Great build, as always. I like the costume revamp since the original pics.
    edited May 2012
    Cervando wrote:
    Thanks Pulsewave, awesome as always :) I have a growth character I am leveling but I went heavy weapon. Although not as efficient as Might, I wanted HW for theme. What do you think of the following leveling build?

Name: Khanage

Super Stats:

Talents:
    Level 6: Body and Mind
    Level 9: Healthy Mind
    Level 12: Physical Conditioning
    Level 15: Coordinated
    Level 18: Acrobat
    Level 21: Covert Ops Training

Powers:
    Level 1: Bludgeon
    Level 6: Eruption (Rank 2, Magma Burst)
    Level 8: Enrage (Giant Growth)
    Level 11: Aggressor (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Arc of Ruin (Rank 2, No Quarter)
    Level 26: Vicious Descent (Relentless)
    Level 32: Annihilate (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers:

Looks good, although Im not too familiar with the Giant Weapon attacks. The main thing is to take Revitalize to recycle Mini Drive if you want to get super etra large.
    edited May 2012
    Pulsewave wrote:
    Looks good, although Im not too familiar with the Giant Weapon attacks. The main thing is to take Revitalize to recycle Mini Drive if you want to get super etra large.

Thanks for your help again :)
    edited May 2012
    Hey Pulsewave where do you set the Specializations on that site?
    edited May 2012
    Wow this thread is still going? Awesome!
    edited May 2012
    There are a number of changes coming to Enrage, will which ultimately affect all growers. It's currently up on the PTS.
    edited May 2012
    Decided to make a video of my Might/Growth character Size Queen

Apologies for the bad video quality, this was my first attempt using fraps. If anyone has tips on how to get good quality video on youtube with minimal size please let me know!

Hope you enjoy.
    edited May 2012
    Macey wrote:
    Decided to make a video of my Might/Growth character Size Queen

Apologies for the bad video quality, this was my first attempt using fraps. If anyone has tips on how to get good quality video on youtube with minimal size please let me know!

Hope you enjoy.

Video quality looks great to me. Very smooth. It's a little "soft", perhaps a bit overcompressed or downrezzed, but honestly, it still looks great.
    edited June 2012
    OK...very noobish question here. When looking at this build and using the freeform character type. I can not find any of the listed lvl one powers available for the second choice. Clobber I can find...but nothing listed corospondes for the second choice. What am I doing wrong!! The basic power selection should be what??
    edited June 2012
    Shakes17 wrote:
    OK...very noobish question here. When looking at this build and using the freeform character type. I can not find any of the listed lvl one powers available for the second choice. Clobber I can find...but nothing listed corospondes for the second choice. What am I doing wrong!! The basic power selection should be what??

Your only power choices when creating a new Might character are Clobber and Beatdown. After you get thru the tutorial you can then remove Beatdown and pick another power instead.
    edited June 2012
    i was wondering what a Heavy Weapons version of this build would look like. And with the change to Aggressor should it be ranked up?
    :eek:
    edited June 2012
    Kain607 wrote:
    i was wondering what a Heavy Weapons version of this build would look like. And with the change to Aggressor should it be ranked up?
    :eek:

I can look into it. I just used the existing build to see how the Might changes look. It actually seems improved since the patch, as Havok Stomp is now a better Rage builder. Any idea if there's a steel girder weapon yet for the HW set? That would prompt me to get into it.
  • linkg07linkg07 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It kind of stinks how you can't really make a giant growth based character when you only have a silver account. Sure you can use that item in the store that makes you grow but you can't use it in battle. It really depressed me from playing the game since I was so psyched to make one with that powerset.
  • shinkooushinkoou Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Way overdue to say this but thanks for this thread, without this I never would have had a good build when I first started playing. I still haven't decided on a new build since the update, but without the advice here I would have never made it even to lv 40
  • shinkooushinkoou Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ok I think I've figured out the problem, bearing in mind I suck at builds (I used the orignal posters build), apparently since the patch there's no way to maintain enraged outside of constant fights now? I'm sure it doesn't matter that much but I personally always liked being able to have the x8 buff ready before going into a fight, I'm also kinda missing roomsweeper on this updated build because of the free hits it gave me while they were getting back onto their feet. D:
  • hubrixhubrix Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    shinkoou wrote: »
    Ok I think I've figured out the problem, bearing in mind I suck at builds (I used the orignal posters build), apparently since the patch there's no way to maintain enraged outside of constant fights now? I'm sure it doesn't matter that much but I personally always liked being able to have the x8 buff ready before going into a fight, I'm also kinda missing roomsweeper on this updated build because of the free hits it gave me while they were getting back onto their feet. D:

You can probably use Howl to maintain stacks if you have the int/cooldown reduction for it.
  • amazingprotonamazingproton Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Why is everyone's post from "A Perfect World User" or Archived Post... and not by the people who made them/
    FORMERLY KNOWN AS NOT0FTHISWOR1D\\My Lightning Toon
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Why is everyone's post from "A Perfect World User" or Archived Post... and not by the people who made them/
    Because we switched forum software. One of the side effects was the loss of the info saying which account posted which.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • lo1processorlo1processor Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Don't hop onto a build like this if your experience is with Ranged Damage roles and powers. I tried it not 5 minutes ago, and was killed fairly quickly by stealth users. Just sayin'.

EDIT: As for PvE, it worked wonders. But I failed in a way I never knew existed in PvP. And that's coming from someone who already sucks at PvP.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Happily processing LOL's for over 300 days and counting . . .
  • maelstroam954maelstroam954 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    hi, how do u obtain unstopable at lvl 1 p.p?
    edited November 2012
    hi, how do u obtain unstopable at lvl 1 p.p?
    Updated for 'On Alert' release

Videos on YouTube:
    Genome vs 5-man Hard Powerhouse
    Genome vs Black Fang Alert

I get a lot of questions in-game about how I'm doing the whole giant-growth hero. So here's the basic formula to work with. This is a pretty simple build, but it's very effective. It's also a heck of a lot of fun.

The C-store gives you one way to grow for 720 points. Just but the super-magnifier there to grow large out of combat. As soon as you enter combat though, you shrink to normal again. That's a bit of a letdown.

You need to take 2 key powers to get big in combat. The main one is Miniaturization Drive, which becomes available atl level 17. You need to get the 2 point advantage Reciprocating Gizmo. You should also get Enrage and take the 0 point advantage of Giant Growth. Using both together can make your hero impressively large. But we can tweak things a bit so that you are truly titanic in size.

The key thing is that Mini Drive's growth doesn't last all that long, so you need super INT to reduce the recharge time on your growth powers. You also can add recharge reduction bonuses from gear. This actually gives you decent bonuses with Recip Gizmo and Enrage, so it's not all cosmetic. You will need to watch your Rage meter, but this build makes it exceedingly easy to keep your Rage maxed out. At lower levels you'll need help from your melee attacks. But eventually you can keep perma-8-stack Enrage.

You can maximize the double-stack of Mini Drive by taking Nanobot Swarm from Gadgeteering. But the real fun comes from the Revitalize specialization from the Intelligence spec tree. Revitalize recharges powers when you use your energy builder. So you can easily double-stack Mini drive with this combo, and occasionally triple stack Mini-Drive. That makes your hero really huge.

The rest of your gear and specializations are dedicated to raw defense and offense bonuses. The goal is to get as high in defense as possible, since Aggressor doesnt have a lot of damage reduction. Vindicator is required to max this out. Guardian also helps a lot. By maximizing this I am able to get a standing bonus of over +40% offense and +50% defense just from gear. And with Locus and Tenacious, that bonus climbs higher in combat.

For attacks, Havok Stomp has the best AoE of any Might attack and a very good tap effect. Used together with Mighty Leap (to get into melee range), you are an AoE machine. You can build Enrage very rapidly in a pack of enemies with a fully-charged Stomp. Havok Stomp is inconsistent, but you can get 2-3 Rage stacks in a big group. But in the long run you'll have perma-Rage anyhow. At that point you should find that Havok Stomp makes for a better tap power. You get a 50% chance to knock-up all targets, which keeps everything in range while building up Aggressor. One or two taps is all it takes to clear a spawn. And the footstomp animation looks awesome with giant-growth. Give your hero a happy look in the costume editor, and laugh like the Jolly Green Giant while you step on your enemies.

The other main attack you want is Demolish. This is your main single-target power. It debuffs damage resist for you while dealing a heck of a lot of direct damage. Running Aggressor and Enrage, a charged up Demolish will one-shot anything of villain status or lower. It's a better PvE damage dealer than Haymaker, because Demolish has a faster animation time plus the significant DR debuff. Demolish also looks a lot better than Haymaker on a giant-growth build.

You also want to take Unleased Rage when it's available. It does great damage and you will reduce the recharge time dramatically with this build.

Aggressor is another huge boost that you should always take to rank 3. This will give you over a 22% passive bonus at all times, plus a stacking bonus of up to 15% for every time you knock an enemy. This build will maximize the knockback bonus very easily.

With all the recharge time bonuses in this build, plus super CON, the only heal you need is Resurgence. Activate Masterful Dodge and Intensity whenever they are available and use Resurgence when needed. The recharge bonuses will cycle all those powers very rapidly.

That's it. This build takes a little getting used to, but it's effective and a lot of fun. I guarantee if you haven't tried out a growth build yet that you'll have a lot of fun with this.

Special note!: Theres a graphics bug that can happen if you get too large in a small area. Your character will become invisible and can't interact with anything. If that happens, change your costume. I use a keybind which resets my costume back to its default. You'll go back to normal without having to log out.

Name: Genome

Super Stats:

Talents:
    Level 6: Mighty
    Level 9: Brilliant
    Level 12: Enduring
    Level 15: Physical Conditioning
    Level 18: Body and Mind
    Level 21: Healthy Mind

Powers:
    Level 1: Clobber
    Level 6: Mighty Leap (Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 8: Demolish (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Enrage (Giant Growth)
    Level 14: Havoc Stomp (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Aggressor (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Unleashed Rage (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers:

Specializations:

Intelligence:
    * Battle of Wits 3
    * Tactician 2
    * Tinkering 2
    * Revitalize 3.
    * Intelligence Mastery

Vindicator:
    * Aggressive Stance 2
    * Initiative 2
    * The Rush of Battle 3
    * Modified Gear 2
    * Mass Destruction 1

Guardian:
    * Fortified Gear 3
    * Locus 2
    * Tenacious 2
    * The Best Defense 3

hi how can he obtain unstopable at lvl 1 :P? soz for other reply ain't used to forum functionalitys xd!
  • reddestshirtreddestshirt Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    hi how can he obtain unstopable at lvl 1 :P? soz for other reply ain't used to forum functionalitys xd!

"Requires 1 power from Brick or 2 non-energy-building powers from any framework."

Clobber is from the Brick framework and thus qualifies. Pick Clobber first and then Unstoppable at level 1.
  • nullwarenullware Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    "Requires 1 power from Brick or 2 non-energy-building powers from any framework."

Clobber is from the Brick framework and thus qualifies. Pick Clobber first and then Unstoppable at level 1.

In case you are new to the game and are wondering why you can't pick it at character creation... You are correct. After creating your character, visit the Power House and retcon out of the starter powers.
    edited November 2012
    He also mentions that we should aim for survivability gear, suposing that our super stat is intellegence, hm but for survivability that woud be constitution, i think, i seem kinda confused but i wanna learn bout it what kind of stats i be looking for gearing up at 40 :P?
    edited November 2012
    oke i apologise i misread the main topic notes of the build, nvm i got it now xD.
  • macrokittymacrokitty Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Been trying to follow this build recently, however with all the changes done to the powers the build isn't quite as effective as it used to be. Everything is fine up until it's time to get Aggressor which has been changed into an active offense with a cooldown. From then on I'm just sort of winging it, hoping to try make the build work.

Anyone got any tips to get maximum growy goodness nowadays?
  • dharmabodydharmabody Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I found a similar concept growth/might build and have been trying that out with slight modifications: Kid Impact build

The backstory is a brilliant teenager who meets up with a scientist who helps him develop his theories and develops a suit that allows him to manipulate kinetic energy and warp space (potential energy related to gravity/mass, which is a function of warped space, reverse and throw in some comic goodness and you have your basic 5'2" nerd wish fulfillment of growing to giant size and gaining massive physical power :^).

The build uses Roomsweeper as it's primary attack, which has been pretty fun, particularly with crowds. He's at Lv18 now, so I haven't seen how Resurgence compensates for his need for healing now and again.

Unfortunately, I can't find the original template to compare the strategies to those here, so I'm not sure how they measure up. I would be interested in any ideas/experience in tweaking this build or a better idea of how gameplay would compare with the Genome build (I'm not averse to retconning, but I'd like to know what he'd turn out like first). Note that I'm not looking to PvP or make some point monster, I just want a fun toon who is effective enough to be useful in a group. :^)

I'm especially interested in the size maintenance through Enrage and the Mini Drive - both builds use it, but what is the clickity work comparison?
  • kelplanktonkelplankton Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've basically been looking for this exact sort of build (tanky size-growth Might character). Is any of this still good now? Or are all of these builds outdated?

Art, Animation, and Stuff:
    DA Tumblr Vimeo Youtube