test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Telekinesis Changes Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    So my next question is why does Telekinesis need a lariat animation to yank people over to the player? It's Telekinesis! Swipe the animation from the choke power, and be done with it. I'm trying to play Jean Grey/ Magneto/ Tatsumaki here, not Scorpion.

If anything, Telekinetic Lariat should have been a reskin of Force Snap, and NOT CHAINS!​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Complaints about Lariat reskins but not Blunt Strike? I'm tired of them both in every. Single. Set. Not that it's going to stop.

Curious: All of these maintain powers are being changed from ramp-ups to consistent damage. But then we have ALL combos as ramp-ups. Seems like a huge disadvantage for combos considering how new content bosses favor making everyone block on a dime. The damage goes down and thanks to debuff almost always being tied to the final blow of the combo, is the other damage dump built right in. Why is it OK for ranged damage to basically have zero issues with both of those things, but for melee to be the Hallmark of them?​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Well...these changes are quite interesting...

EDIT:

Few sparse thoughts whilst the PTS is down... I'll likely elaborate on this in a follow up post:

- Telekinetic Strike is a great starter power to replace TK Assault. Works well and does good damage. VFX will likely be updated as is currently place holder but I like the more "regal" final hit :+1:
    - TK Assault...is more or less in a much better place than it was last update. Mobility whilst casting is gone, it's more of a strong maintain now. It definitely has it's place.
    - TK Lance...still great.
    - Ego Blade Astonish...with a name like that I am slightly disappointed the animation doesn't proc a dance emote after casting.... :lol:
    - TK Lariat...clearly inspired by Psylocke from X Men Apoc...looks good but a variant using Force Snap's animation could be in order.
    - MIND BLINK IS AN AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL TELEPORT POWER AND NEEDS TO BE ON LIVE IMMEDIATELY. ahem...but seriously...it is beautiful. PTS went down before I could grab some decent screenshots (I was too busy staring...)
    Post edited by theravenforce on
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Here's what I could gather before the server disconnect:

Bug: There is no visible buff for TK Reverb procing.

Bug: Telekinetic Strike has the end builder 'Generates Energy' blurb on its description.

Bug: The tooltip for TK Strike states that it has a 25%_50% chance of granting Ego Leech on 'each hit', when its really just for that hit
    (at least, I assume).

Bug: Siphoning Strikes' adv description on TK Strike states that its for TK Assault.
    Bug: Stressed Out's adv description on TK Strike states that its for Ego Weaponry.

Bug: EB Frenzy's description still states that it deals dmg to enemies in front of you
    (instead of being a pbAoE).

Bug?: The Stun (and Trauma adv) effect for TK Astonish seems a bit too delayed (though that could be on my end).

Bug?: Dazzle's adv description on TK Barrage is a bit confusing w/ regards to the intended stun chance and Ego Leech stacks. (For ex, with one ELeech stack, is the stun chance meant to be 20% or 40%? etc.)

Master of the Mind now seems like it could work well w/ any powerset, as it auto-gains ELeech and that translates to 21-30% universal crit after 5 sec. Interesting to see if any players use it as a replacement for their normal AD or AO. That said..

Bug: I don't think the general crit boost w/ Ego Leech stacks is working with Master of the Mind, *if* MotM is the sole source of the stacks. (Brief testing on a toon w/ the 2.2% base crit didn't grant me any crits when using only MotM w/ Kinetic Darts, EB Astonish, EBB, or TKA multiple times; I *was* getting notable crit rates w/ these same attacks w/ MotM after building up 5x EL before using it, though)

Suggestion: In light of Laser Sword getting its own Form to scale up melee via Int (Particle Accelerator), I think it would be nice to refit Mental Disc into a melee toggle that grants a new Ego-scaling buff (instead of using Focus and Dex). Not to leave Ranged TK w/ one less option, I'd also suggest an Ego/Pres-scaling ranged toggle that both ranged TK and TP can use, procing from Mental States (ELeech, Stress, Fear, etc). This could also make it work w/ other sets like Darkness.
    (ofc, leaving Mental Disc as it was would be nice, but I suppose there's no going back now)

Suggestion: It would be nice if all the melee combo-specific spec options were changed to work for all combos. Otherwise, I'm not quite sure there's much use to the 'ranged combo' designation, as I don't think any of the combo-related stuff currently applies to them (Lash, TK Strike).

I also would say that Lance Rain, while still obv being worked on, seems to be at too high of an energy cost atm.

Hopefully I can give more feedback later.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    Power Changes
    Fixed a bug where Ego Blades was using an outdated formula for how the Ego stat scaled its melee damage bonus. Whoops.
    but what if I want to remain DEX melee TK DPS and not invest on EGO?
    You shouldn't need to change from DEX. All other melee attacks use STR for damage bonus, TK melee is an exception that uses EGO instead. This is separate from the bonus granted by superstats.

Please still reconsider the current changes to Mental Discipline. The proposed changes hinder ranged TK,
    which is half the set. As I suggested earlier, make it give a new buff, (maybe called "Superego") that buffs all EGO damage.
    Alternatively, add a Concentration based version so we have a choice.
    ​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    - TK Assault...is more or less in a much better place than it was last update. Mobility whilst casting is gone, it's more of a strong maintain now. It definitely has it's place.)
    What do you mean by Mobility while casting is gone?
    Patch notes don't mention such thing​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    avianos said:

What do you mean by Mobility while casting is gone?

Patch notes don't mention such thing​​

Patch notes may not but having tested it...I cannot move whilst casting like I used to be able to.

Telekinetic Strikes can however.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Patch notes may not but having tested it...I cannot move whilst casting like I used to be able to.

Telekinetic Strikes can however.
    Unless its officially stated that its working as intended, I will consider this a Bug since its not officially in the note

Thats a HUGE change to not be reported in the notes

There is really no reason to remove TK Assault mobility while other maintain dps powers still have it​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    avianos said:

Unless its officially stated that its working as intended, I will consider this a Bug since its not officially in the note

Thats a HUGE chance to not be reported in the notes

There is really no reason to remove TK Assault mobility while other maintain dps powers still have it​​

Hopefully this is something which will be clarified. I am only reporting based on what I've seen on PTS. If I had to guess, the mobility might have been removed in favor of the base damage increase and tier upgrade. But that's just guess work.

Ego Blade Astonish has an interesting side slice! animation...

• Options
    Back in it; just a few more things:

Bug: non-ELeech Mental State effects (Fear, Stress, Dependency) fail to proc Focus when using Mental Disc.

Bug: Conversely, TK Reverb seems to proc from all Mental States (which aren't time-delayed from DoTs), and not just Ego Leech.

Bug: Ego Weaponry's tooltip and description are still a bit out-of-date.
    The last hit's tooltip doesn't state that it hits twice, the description says that the 3rd hit(s) guarantees ELeech (when its listed as 50%), and the description doesn't mention anything about Ego Infusion and its interaction w/ the power.

Typo: Ego Leech isn't properly highlighted or capitalized in TK Assault's tooltip (w/ respect to the dmg increase; the dmg increase does seem to be working, though).

EBA, like TK Lance, could also state its interaction w/ Ego Infusion in its description (not just its tooltip).

-
    On a side note, although building to 5x ELeech initially is harder w/o Ego Infusion, once you get it rolling w/ EBA_TKL then it only takes a single combo's length to get to 5x EL again. This makes Brawler's Setup synergy esp good w/ the combo and EBA since you can simply just alternate them at that point. Can also alternate between TKA and TKL by then. So, the initial EL buildup and Stress maintenance (if not taking the adv on the combo) are prob gonna be the hangups here. Test piloting a melee dps setup for me (DEX/Rec/Con) had some impressive spike dps- partly due to the high crit rate once all the buffs/advs where going.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    flowcyto said:

On a side note, although building to 5x ELeech initially is harder w/o Ego Infusion, once you get it rolling w/ EBA_TKL then it only takes a single combo's length to get to 5x EL again. This makes Brawler's Setup synergy esp good w/ the combo and EBA since you can simply just alternate them at that point. Can also alternate between TKA and TKL by then. So, the initial EL buildup and Stress maintenance (if not taking the adv on the combo) are prob gonna be the hangups here. Test piloting a melee dps setup for me (DEX/Rec/Con) had some impressive spike dps- partly due to the high crit rate once all the buffs/advs where going.

I found something similar with testing for ranged and melee TK, I think there might be some initial difficulty in combat purely from a building perspective (depending on how you've built) but in sustained fights that will change rapidly.
  • Options
    Yea it actually seemed very strong to me.. once you got it going, that is. I can't really parse it out, though, but I know the devs are still fine-tuning the numbers and stuff, so hopefully others can dps test the latest round for more feedback.
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    Telekinetic Range has a fair amount of options but so far it seems decent, but the Telekinetic Blades are underwhelming and should generally do more damage then Ranged cause, everything is generally harder for Melee...
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Question: was the bug with Lance Rain not being affected by the TK Passives cost discount bonuses fixed?

Question: Was Ego Infusion duration extented? or is it still 2 seconds per each stack of raptured Ego Leech

because since you NEED IT to have 100% ego leech, the 2 seconds for rapturing 1 stack is going really small window of activation

Suddenly everything is overcomplicated now, WHY?​​
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2017
    Please keep this thread on the topic of the current Telekinesis changes. Please make a new thread in the Suggestion Box or powers section if you wish to discuss a different type of Telekinetic framework.​​
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Telekinetic Strike is able to occupy the energy builder slot.

But wait, before you fix it, consider that this is actually a pretty big QoL boost for it, and if other combo powers were given similar functionality, it'd be a big QoL boost for them as well. This is because it allows players to:

1) Free up an otherwise useless slot, since most people build in a way that renders the EB unnecessary. Most combo powers are cheap and provide debuffs which trigger the EU/Form and result in a net gain of energy anyway.

2) Since you can set it to "maintain" or "toggle" in the game options, it allows you to turn the button-mashing gameplay which currently defines combos into "hold the key down for as long as you need to use it." In terms of play control, it feels a lot better.
    ​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    Build FC.31.20170531.14
    ​​
  • Options
    royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    I just tried testing after the new update. My Ego Weaponry --> Ego Annihilation is doing considerable less damage than it was before the new build. I have 5 stacks of Ego Leech each time, plus stacks of stress.

I'm playing a geared out, rank 40 character with Justice and OV gear, with rank 7 to 9 mods. Last week I was doing up to 23k damage on PTS. I wasn't thrilled, but it was some improvement over Live. This week, I'm lucky to do 18k damage to a dummy. What is up?

Does the EBA Megalomania advantage even really work? Do any of the plusses to crit work? I have an over 50 percent crit chance just from stats and specs alone, and I feel like I crit a lot more on Live than I seem to be on PTS. And I've been testing for half an hour. Has anyone parsed a TK blades build out on PTS?

I'm also finding it hard to maintain enough energy to keep my attacks going. With either FotM or Mental Discipline. This is new! On Live, I always have sufficient energy to reliably launch three or four charged EBBs and a fully charged EBA. For the reduced damage I'm doing, the energy cost feels excessive.

@Kaiserin, you've done so much to revitalize this game. My excitement and support of the game have revived considerably since you began working for Cryptic. I've heard you say on the forums that TK blades needed a buff, that it was the weakest of the melee sets. Please give the set a respectable buff, something that feels as damaging as Single Blade or Bestial. Ruptures are great, but an Ego Leech is not a bleed. Please reconsider using DEX as a major stat to determine energy for TK forms. That's kind of like using Ego for a martial arts build's Form. Finally, please consider restoring Ego Blade Breach to its status as a Tier 3 power with a useful and innate debuff ability. Why not?

Almost every other power rebuild has gotten increased power, utility, choices, and synergies (even if they're only within set). I've waited with patient excitement for TK blades to finally have its turn. My main is a TK blades character. TK blades needs to be beefed up, not nerfed. Please don't let me down!

Thanks for your consideration.
  • Options
    THANK YOU for adding a ranged TK form.

I do have to wonder though, why Dex for the stat the Mentalist forms? IMO, it should be Ego or Dex (which ever is higher). Looking at most of the forms, many scale based on the higher of two stats. And in all cases (including the forms that do scale with only one stat), the scaling stat is one that is thematic to the set. Just Dex doesn't feel thematic to me.​​

• Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Why Dex scaling? Why not Dex or Ego?

Please do not do this.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I still disagree with giving Ego Blade Breach a Stun effect on hit. Since you added Ego Blade Astonish which also stuns (and at a lower Tier), EBB's Stun feels redundant. I still would rather see a different Mental State. Maybe Regret?

Edit 1:Nevermind, forgot you took off the Stun from EBB. I still would like to see some kind of debuff added, even as an advantage.

Edit 2: Speaking of Regret... Why isn't that a Mental State?​​

• Options
    royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    kallethen said:

I still disagree with giving Ego Blade Breach a Stun effect on hit. Since you added Ego Blade Astonish which also stuns (and at a lower Tier), EBB's Stun feels redundant. I still would rather see a different Mental State. Maybe Regret?

Nevermind, forgot you took off the Stun from EBB. I still would like to see some kind of debuff added, even as an advantage.​​

Or Stress...?

Well said, by the way.
  • Options
    chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    kallethen said:

THANK YOU for adding a ranged TK form.

I do have to wonder though, why Dex for the stat the Mentalist forms? IMO, it should be Ego or Dex (which ever is higher). Looking at most of the forms, many scale based on the higher of two stats. And in all cases (including the forms that do scale with only one stat), the scaling stat is one that is thematic to the set. Just Dex doesn't feel thematic to me.​​

Seconded. Save Dex for the Gun and Archery set. Let Ego have Ego.
    edited June 2017
    New Power: Mental Precision
    Ranged damage form that scales off of Dex.
    Triggers when applying Mental State effects.

Not even an option to scale with EGO on a MENTALIST powerframe?
    Unaccaptable

why all the toggle forms after Chilled form scale only with 1 STAT instead of having the choice of 2 like Concentration, Chilled Form and Aspect of Infernal?
    What are you trying to archieve with this? you just kill variety and possibly build combos, not to mention THEME
    why so much deviation?

Make the toggle scale with either EGO or DEX
    ​​
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    New Power: Mental Precision
    • Ranged damage form that scales off of Dex.
    • Triggers when applying Mental State effects.
    While I appreciate the addition of a ranged option, I'm honestly curious: Why Dex? Both the ranged and melee sides of this framework are based on the mind. Ego makes the most sense. Intelligence would make a lot of sense. Even Presence could be argued. But Dexterity of all things?

Also, why not let Mental Discipline handle both ranged and melee equally? It's so specific in its trigger conditions (mental state applications) that it's really not an option for anyone who doesn't plan on using Telekinesis powers. Besides, letting this framework float between using both melee and ranged would allow it to offer something interesting, rather both forms being more of the same, but more restrictive.

As things stand now, I see no reason to use these forms as they bring nothing new to the table. For dex-based melee, I can use Form of the Tempest, and for my choice between dex, ego, or int, I can use Chilled Form or Concentration.

Anyway, some other crap:
    • Telekinetic Lariat, with its lack of a charge and 50 foot range, is better than any of the other, similar powers. Some of these are 25 feet (why?) while others are 50 feet. These lariat knock-to powers really need to be normalized, and I'd suggest using Telekinetic Lariat as the gold standard.
    • Telekinetic Strike played a lot better as a maintain than a button-mashy combo. Please change it to a maintain. :(
    • Telekinetic Assault used to be usable while moving, but isn't anymore. Is this a bug or intentional?
    • Egomaniacal (TK Assault advantage) is a mandatory non-choice (dps increase advantage on a damage-centric power) and should be baseline.
    • Siphoning Strikes (Ego Weaponry/Telekinetic Strike advantage) is still too expensive. It needs to com down a point so tanks can use it + Rank 2 + Challenge.
    • Ego Blade Breach is still terrible. Please boost it to Tier 3 so it can be offered as an alternate option to Ego Blade Annihilation as "the heavy hitter." See below:
    Ego Blade Breach
    Melee Damage - Combo (5 hits)
    Tap
    + Single target Ego damage
    + Snares the target for 3.3 seconds.
    + The last hit of the combo strikes twice.

Advantages:
    [2] Mind Link: Finishing the combo applies a stack of Dependency.
    [2] Psychotic Break: Finishing the combo vs a Feared target stuns them briefly and causes them to suffer Dimensional damage over time.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Melee set Lariats tend to be 25ft, range set Lariats are 50ft. Not a compelling reason, but that's what it seems to be happening.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Suggestion: Add in some new TK weapon skins, like a katana, hammer, club.. a few basic things ya know.

Suggestion: Make both forms scale off ego/dex using whichever is higher

Suggestion: Fix the energy unlock to use ego..ya know.. for EGO blades

Between the form and energy unlock.. it seems you're rather bent on taking the Ego out of Ego blades :angry:

ontop of that, we; already have options for dex form into TK melee and ranged.. with chilled form and form of the tempest resectivly.. but for ego.. ranged has constration... and melee has... aspect of the machine Disclaimer, using AotM results in lackluster damage, energy deficiency and wasted advantage points, please oh god why has this form not been fixed
    Post edited by notyuu on
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    misantropomisantropo Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2017

So my next question is why does Telekinesis need a lariat animation to yank people over to the player? It's Telekinesis! Swipe the animation from the choke power, and be done with it. I'm trying to play Jean Grey/ Magneto/ Tatsumaki here, not Scorpion.

Totally agree here, I was thinking about powers that are almost never used, is good to have new poers, but there is no sense to got tons of them if just a few are useful or playable/enjoyable.
    So, taking a look at the new changes, especially the maelstrom, and that "ego choke" and "telekinesis(power)" are not being modified here are some suggestionas about that, hope they are useful:

Telekinesis(power): Rework suggestion:

50 feet range, Charging Power:

It will not longer requiere an object(destructible) to be near, if there is none, it will "spawn" one. How big is the object depends on ego value x charging time. The size of the object is what determines the damage and the stun/knockback chance.
    (The object should appear from diferent places, not just spawning besides the casting character)

ADV (3 points): Telekinetik storm: Transform telekinesis into a pbaoe (35 feet) maintain power. Increases it cost 20%,::while its active a max of 5 objects (depending on players ego) are "spawned" every 0,5 sec and thrown to any target inside range, enemies could be hit by more than one object at reduced damage if there are more objects than targets.

I think this may fit what other players said about "telekinetik maelstrom" fx/damage change for themed characters.

About Lariat: put a dot damage on cast, use the ego choke animation, add a single/aoe snare/disorient advantadge and you got a playable/viable ego choke, no need a new ego lariat for that.

or maybe, a full rework on ego choke.

Suggestion:

Ego Choke 50 feet range, maintain power: (no cooldown?)

while you maintain this power the target receives ego damage and his attack power and movement speed are debufffed.

ADV (2 points) Strong Grip:: If the power is fully maintained the target is briefly stunned.
    ADV (2 points) Garroting Grip: The target and a 10 feet aoe are disoriented.

hope that helps... I think one of the main problem of this game launch is that there are some powers that fall into a deep dark pool not being useful for nothing, not fun, not numbers. And that there are some heroes that can't be correctly desined/played because that, so, that powers need a serious rework.

And now 2 questions

* Why the Mentalist form scales of DEX? is not even one of the recomendes states. It should scale with ego or con.
    * When do devs plan to bring this changes to live?

thanks!
    Post edited by misantropo on
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    notyuu wrote: »
    Suggestion: Fix the energy unlock to use ego..ya know.. for EGO blades

Between the form and energy unlock.. it seems you're rather bent on taking the Ego out of Ego blades :angry:
    I honestly don't mind EU using REC/END/INT

Because let's be honest guys, this what the DEVs want to do, they are trying to make REC and END popular and eliminated EU that scale with damage stats

I expect in the future that Steadfast, Nightmare Reverb, Hunter's Instinct, Telepathic Reverb will change, and there is nothing we can do about it (for future reference, make Hunter's Instinct scale with INT for pete sake it provides Quarry synergy, enough REC and END)
    notyuu wrote: »

Suggestion: Make both forms scale off ego/dex using whichever is higher
    ^YES THIS^
    For the love of god, give us more forms that have 2 stat scaling Options
    ESPECIALLY for TK

What's with the fascitation with the ranged DEX scaling forms lately?
    I understand the DPS potential with DEX primary, I accept DEX scaling for for MELEE TK

But for RANGE TK for both Theme and Utility? NO, make it scale with EGO
    aesica wrote: »
    Also, why not let Mental Discipline handle both ranged and melee equally? It's so specific in its trigger conditions (mental state applications) that it's really not an option for anyone who doesn't plan on using Telekinesis powers. Besides, letting this framework float between using both melee and ranged would allow it to offer something interesting, rather both forms being more of the same, but more restrictive.
    Seems like they are avoiding making a form that buffs both melee and range equal, like a plague because you know... "balance"
    Despite the fact it could only be limited on 1 powerframe

I'm scared to think what will happen to Range/Melee EARTH once the time comes for it to get revamped​​
  • Options
    andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Please keep EGO for EGO FORMS/TOGGLES. I like my EGO/CON/REC stats for my Telekinetic/Telepathic characters.

I cannot find a form for my character on PTS.
  • Options
    I'd agree w/ making the Mentalist forms scale via potentially two stats (hopefully one being Ego, since its thematic, and it doesn't break current build stating/gearing as much, plus Telekinesis [the power] and Mind Link still exist in these sets). The other issue I have w/ Dex-only is that I assume these toggles are also meant to pair w/ Telepathy and its Mental State effects, yet many of TP's powers cannot crit (I know some scale off crit/severity in a diff way, but not all of them, and its a bit odd mechanically to go that route imo).

As far as EUs, I'm fine w/ more generalist ones scaling from End and Rec. I just wish they'd keep more power-set specific ones focused on a more optimal output stat to reward specialization in a certain set (so the Dex/Ego/etc scaling EUs are more optimal for output, but are more restrictive to power selection in return). And yea, I prob wouldn't expect any new toggles that fully buff melee and ranged equally.

Going OT a bit there, I know, but regardless I am glad they at least added another ranged toggle option for now.
  • Options
    The new forms are intended for Telekinesis, not Telepathy. By all means you can use it with Telepathy as it has some shared triggers, but the forms are located in the Telekinetic framework, not shared. If a Telepathy review ever comes around it would get its own form.

That being said we have no intent on making any new forms scale with one of two stats, and the Telekinetic forms will not be changed to scale with Ego.​​
  • Options
    Well, that's sad to hear about the 1-stat scaling and Ego, but at least any TP review would give it a new form to work with.
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    kaizerin said:

and the Telekinetic forms will not be changed to scale with Ego.​​

I can understand the emphasis on precision but this also means I'm not going to use it, most likely Concentration for Ranged and Enrage for melee for me.
    avianos said:

in the future that Steadfast...

That's going to be a problem for Master AT styled builds...
    Post edited by rtma on
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    patternwalkerpatternwalker Posts: 167 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

That being said we have no intent on making any new forms scale with one of two stats, and the Telekinetic forms will not be changed to scale with Ego.​​

Finally, after 9 days of discussion (and near-unanimity in players' comments), we are told that there never was any intent to listen to feedback on the changes to Mental Discipline and Ego Reverberation. Lockstep DEX/REC plus a third Superstat (which might include EGO but will mostly be CON) along with a clear division between melee and ranged characters is the Devs' intent for Telekinesis freeforms. We still don't know why the Devs see these as positive changes, but we at least know what will be.

Luckily for me, I no longer have a freeform TK character (or plans to make one anymore!) and my Disciple AT isn't hugely broken because it is already forced into EGO/DEX/REC (and is predominantly melee).

When these changes were announced and feedback solicited on June 7, it would have been nice if the Devs had told us they were uninterested in suggestions related to the changes to Mental Discipline. I wouldn't have commented and checked the comments every few hours for some hint of the Devs' responses, intentions, or rationale. Knowing up front would have reduced the eventual bitterness a bit.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited June 2017

kaizerin said:

When these changes were announced and feedback solicited on June 7, it would have been nice if the Devs had told us they were uninterested in suggestions related to the changes to Mental Discipline. I wouldn't have commented and checked the comments every few hours for some hint of the Devs' responses, intentions, or rationale. Knowing up front would have reduced the eventual bitterness a bit.
    I agree. What exactly is the point of soliciting feedback if it's not even going to be considered? Mental Discipline was a fine toggle form as it was. It worked well with melee or ranged TK -- and couldn't be cherry picked as an OP form. It specifically was designed to work within it's own powerset.

My all ranged TK guy is fine. Chilled Form does more than an adequate job. Also for those with mixed melee/range ranked TK Aspect of the Machine should work (you had to put 2 ranks Mental Discipline any way).

So people will adjust. But it just kind of sucks to have to go out of the set for that.

At this point I don't see what point there is to giving feedback. The decisions are pretty much set in stone. Time to just move on and wait for the changes to go live, I guess.

Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    riverocean wrote: »
    At this point I don't see what point there is to giving feedback. The decisions are pretty much set in stone. Time to just move on and wait for the changes to go live, I guess.

I would ask that you take a look over the revisions since this was initially announced before making statements like that.

Initially we had intended for Ego Blade Breach and TK Assault to fill low damage but high utility. However, it was made clear that these were not entirely popular choices so we worked out a new T0 attack for ranged TK to use and bumped Ego Blade Breach damage back up to a little under what it's currently has on live. This was based on player feedback.

We do take into account feedback, but not everything is going to be changed based on it. Sometimes we agree with it, sometimes we don't. Sometimes it just doesn't fit the goals for the set and sometimes the feedback is out of scope for the update. In the case of the TK forms, it didn't fit the design we were going for. It was talked about, but ultimately decided against it.

The goal for any powerset update is to bring it up to par with existing sets, and I ask that players test out these changes and give feedback based on their experience with the new changes.

Another thing to keep in mind is old setups may change with any powerset review. What power combinations worked before may not work as well after. However, just because it's different doesn't mean it's bad. Once again, the goal for any review is to make sure the set can stand up with other sets in performance.

Telekinesis, both range and melee, now flows a lot better and its overall damage has been brought in line with other sets. It's also gained quite a bit more utility.​​
    Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I guess I'll put leveling my TK build on hold until the dust settles.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    So characters using a mix of TK range and melee Need to focus on one either ranged or Melee but need to look elsewhere for both.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    The changes to the stats goes against the innate talents players choose/are recommended to use for ego based powers such as But telekinesis and telepathy. Mind over matter is ego and presence and Matter manipulator is Ego and Con. Those who aren't modded for dex are getting screwed, especially if those players used real money to get their mods to whatever rank they're at.

Edit: Within the powerset it self you have powers that get bonsues from all over the place. EBB gains from Ego, the forms from Dex, the EU from End and Rec.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

I guess I finally get what the devs are going for here: TK blades will be the psychic version of MA. MA characters use Dex, plus Str for additional melee damage. The powerset's main stat (Dex) is not also a melee damage booster.

In a similar vein, a TK blade hero will use Dex, plus Ego for additional melee damage. The power's main stat (Dex) is not also a melee damage booster.

Not sure why I didn't realize this before. The idea with changes such as these is to make heroes spread out stats (superstats, talents, mods) a bit more, and make mega-stacking one stat less appealing.

P.S. For ranged folks, expect Concentration to lose its either/or scaling down the road. I would guess it would become Int only.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2017

P.S. For ranged folks, expect Concentration to lose its either/or scaling down the road. I would guess it would become Int only.

That'd be like enraged losing scaling with STR for CON.... which on Punchy would be pretty moot anyway because both are in the 400 area.

Dex on TK forms.. idk, man. that's FINE for the Disciple AT, it uses DEX anyway. I just see no reason for FF's to use it over FotT for Melee.
    edited June 2017
    How about NO? Do you understand how big magnitute this change would make?

and do you realize how many ATs are using Concentration!? either with Ego or with Int?
    This will never happen, if anything they would make new forms for those ATs​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I think it's unfair to say the devs aren't taking our feedback based solely on the stat scaling with the Mental Discipline/Precision forms. It was our feedback that led to there being a ranged TK form being added, for example. We can't expect them to agree with all of our feedback. While I disagree on the stat scaling, I am thankful Kaizerin took the time to acknowledge our feedback and explain it won't happen.

EDIT: @kaizerin, can you tell us if the dual-blade aura will be free for those of us who have always used the 0-point advantage?​​

• Options
    edited June 2017
    I haven't decided where the aura is going to go (maybe Caprice with the fun nullifier device?), but it's not going to be costly. Maybe 5g or so?

The 0 point advantages aren't being removed, they can still be used. Just no new ones will be added. The aura is just there if you don't want to use any of the passives or forms to get dual blades.​​
  • Options
    patternwalkerpatternwalker Posts: 167 Arc User
    My first attempt at posting this showed up, then disappeared. There was no notification, so I'm assuming it's a forum bug. Here it is again:
    kaizerin said:

We do take into account feedback, but not everything is going to be changed based on it. Sometimes we agree with it, sometimes we don't. Sometimes it just doesn't fit the goals for the set and sometimes the feedback is out of scope for the update. In the case of the TK forms, it didn't fit the design we were going for. It was talked about, but ultimately decided against it.

I think most of us understand that decisions may be made counter to the feedback we provide. The problem is the entire process is a black box that players are given no insight into. We weren't told the Devs' goals for the set. We don't know the design the Devs are going for. We give feedback and suggestions based on what fits our goals and needs for our characters. That's all we have to go on. Until your earlier post, I'm sure no one had any idea that the Devs no longer wanted toggle forms that scaled off the higher of two stats. (I admit, like roughbearmattach, that makes me anxious about the Chilled Form, Concentration, and Aspect of the Machine builds I currently have.*) And we still don't know why the either/or stat design is bad. Is it problematic to create such toggle forms? Are they buggy? Or is there some design goal underneath it? Will all toggle forms eventually grant only Concentration or Focus? The alternative stat options that Chilled Form offered really opened up a lot of flexibility in building ranged characters. Is that sort of flexibility counter to a new Dev design plan? If so, tell us what you're going for. Maybe we would get on board if we saw the benefits of what you're trying to bring about.

I'm certain I'm not alone in wondering why DEX is the hot new stat. Will an eventual redesign of Might lead to Enrage scaling off DEX too? Should I start hoarding DEX mods now before the rush? Or is the metagoal to force players to spread talents and gearing across 5 to 7 stats on all characters? (I mean, that makes my Aura of Primal Majesty characters happy.)

Similarly, we don't know why Devs want to discourage players from mixing ranged and melee attacks. Is there concern about too much character design flexibility being problematic in some way? Will we eventually see Compassion and Manipulator split into ranged and melee variants?

We don't know why you've done these things; we don't know what you're going for. We can only speculate and get upset about builds and character concepts that no longer work well because they don't fit with some mysterious goalset. (And feel burned about spending significant amounts of real money on upgrading mods that are no longer fit the build. I've never bought catalysts from the zen store, but I've seen those prices! Wow! The thought that a powerset update might force me to change my gearing certainly removes *any* incentive to pay $54 to upgrade a single mod from 7 to 9!)

As players offering feedback and suggestions, we could be more useful if we knew what you are going for. Please explain your design goals to us when asking us to provide feedback. Tell us what remains alterable within the changes and what is fixed in stone. Explain the bounds on the feedback you're looking for. If, after a couple of days, it's clear that you've decided that some suggestions cannot or will not be implemented, let us know that. (And if you can tell us why, it might allow us to reframe our focus in a useful way to you.) At the very least, more information up front would allow those players who remain dispirited or demoralized about the design goals to opt out of participating. I'm sure it does the Devs no favors having people clutter up the feedback threads with responses that aren't useful to you.

* [I joke of course! As if anyone uses Aspect of the Machine! ;)]
  • Options
    lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    While I still don't agree that the TK tree is expected to build Dex more than Ego (in fact if you want Cons, you're forced to either let go of your energy stat or of Ego, since the form benefits from Dex), and I was hoping that you'd at least change it to Ego but give it a terrible scaling, I am most glad that you are being clear to us, so that we can stop talking about how much we hate the dex scaling and lack of any ego scalings.

I guess I will have to make an ego-less build for my ego blades tank. Oh well.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I dunno.. just seems weird to me to design TK blades to scale w/ Ego to make them unique, but then betray that w/ rest of the powerset's stat interactions. But if making the forms scale off Ego is not in accordance w/ current design goals, then so be it- I can accept that.

Bug: It seems like Mental Precision's ID Blades adv isn't working (I assume its meant to have this adv in the first place).

Bug: The dual blades version for Mental Discipline's activation doesn't seem to be working when you take an ID Blade adv.

Typo: The tooltip for the last hit of the single blade version of Ego Weaponry doesn't state that it hits twice
    (ID Blade version does).
This discussion has been closed.