test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    so you want a full time GM in game?
    Now about the ones, who make up a new account and continue their previous behaviour.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    crashdragoncrashdragon Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    STO and CO are the first games that I have never seen a GM in game. Well STO did before PW nabbed them. Saw them around.
    I like to hang around laundromats and steal hero's tights for ransom. =3
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    What abuse?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Hrmm, I remember when GM Navi use to do this. Instead of getting in line people came to the forums to complain and uses excuses that there is a profanity filter and such to hide behind for their abusive actions. Handing out warnings which are a step towards suspensions, would it do anything? Who knows. Knowing this player base they would start another 50 threads if they got a warning for abusive behavior considering there are a number who will say that "clever use of game mechanics" is not hurting anyone. And by clever I mean outright cheating.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    Game needs at least another GM for when Navi isnt on. Navi is alright , kinda NO U'd him a couple of times in PMs and Emails dude is nice enough and doesnt seem like Judge Dredd.

He still needs to to apologize to Major Cleavage AND dare I say it Messiah* for the uncalled for name nerfing.

*Yeah Messiah is a d*** but he didnt deserve the name nerfing.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    The Major Cleavage story is one of the many I've heard that makes me question the judgment of Navi and makes me hesitant to talk in zone. The seeming lack of consequences to griefers and trolls makes me question the purpose of the report button. Basically I question the judgment of the active/visible staff and the commitment of whoever is looking through the reports behind the scenes. I don't have confidence in CO's ability to police it's own game. I still like the game but I doubt I'll bother reporting anything anymore as it seems a massive waste of time in game.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    The report button goes to CS, same as all the tickets. They handle all three games.

Messiah is a specific religious title.

http://support.arcgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4283/kw/naming guidelines
    Naming Policies

Character/Pet Names, Handle/Display Names, and Guild Names may NOT contain:

Incorporate vulgar, obscene, hateful, defamatory language or imagery
    Be derogatory towards race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, ethnic background or cultural background
    Incorporate the name or image of a major religious figure or deity, nor any form of religious title, especially with a costume resembling representations of the figure
    as for the repeat offenders, how many we had get banned and then just make up a new acct and continue on. we recently had our serial complainer back on their third acct, that I know of.
    GM Navi is effective against the gold sellers when on... especially, when the idiot then gets on another acct, to spam a complaint, about getting the first acct banned.
    I think STO has PWlaughingtrendy on sometimes.
    Can't remeber who was on NW.​​

• Options
    Well, durring the winter event we had griefers using OV all week making the event nearly unplayable. Nothing happened to them. Trolls cause problems in Caprice all the time, I don't bother reporting them, but I've had friends who aren't as thick skinned report these characters countless times. I get the feeling that CO reports just get deleted if they're not about the store.

Also, not that I care, but messiah isn't really a religious title per se, it's more of a concept. You don't become messiah through hard work and persistence, it's not like a saint which is an honorific title given after you die, but it is, in the modern day, associated with a certain carpenter from Nazareth and I suspect that's where the confusion lies. Traditionally it's usually one of those titles given to kings of the Abrahamic religion, mostly, I suspect, as a way of sucking up to power. It's not until the new testament (put together around 325 AD) that you get non kings being anointed as messiah. It's mostly a title associated with power rather then religion, though the two were mostly the same thing. There were non-Jews named messiah though, so it clearly wasn't always a religious title.

Also, I think the key word to that code of conduct is "derogatory", just naming yourself "Messiah" isn't derogatory, I suppose unless you're a bronze age carpenter, I mean they literally crucified someone for that, but it's a title that hasn't been used for nearly 2000 years in western civilization. I think they may still use it in Islamic cultures, but I'm not being derogatory to doctors by calling my in game character Doctor Humual, so why would messiah be automatically derogatory to other messiahs? If the guy was an jerk in game then I can understand enforcing the rule. He's then besmirching the concept of messiah though his actions.

Gold sellers were annoying but they didn't hinder me playing the game at all. It's great that they were dealt with, zone chat is one of those things that some people enjoy, but that's not really something I can praise Navi for as they were a danger to the company's profits. Dealing with them is the sort of bare minimum you'd expect from a GM above just showing up for work.
  • Options
    guyhumual said:

Well, durring the winter event we had griefers using OV all week making the event nearly unplayable. Nothing happened to them. Trolls cause problems in Caprice all the time, I don't bother reporting them, but I've had friends who aren't as thick skinned report these characters countless times. I get the feeling that CO reports just get deleted if they're not about the store.

Also, not that I care, but messiah isn't really a religious title per se, it's more of a concept. You don't become messiah through hard work and persistence, it's not like a saint which is an honorific title given after you die, but it is, in the modern day, associated with a certain carpenter from Nazareth and I suspect that's where the confusion lies. Traditionally it's usually one of those titles given to kings of the Abrahamic religion, mostly, I suspect, as a way of sucking up to power. It's not until the new testament (put together around 325 AD) that you get non kings being anointed as messiah. It's mostly a title associated with power rather then religion, though the two were mostly the same thing. There were non-Jews named messiah though, so it clearly wasn't always a religious title.

Also, I think the key word to that code of conduct is "derogatory", just naming yourself "Messiah" isn't derogatory, I suppose unless you're a bronze age carpenter, I mean they literally crucified someone for that, but it's a title that hasn't been used for nearly 2000 years in western civilization. I think they may still use it in Islamic cultures, but I'm not being derogatory to doctors by calling my in game character Doctor Humual, so why would messiah be automatically derogatory to other messiahs? If the guy was an jerk in game then I can understand enforcing the rule. He's then besmirching the concept of messiah though his actions.

Gold sellers were annoying but they didn't hinder me playing the game at all. It's great that they were dealt with, zone chat is one of those things that some people enjoy, but that's not really something I can praise Navi for as they were a danger to the company's profits. Dealing with them is the sort of bare minimum you'd expect from a GM above just showing up for work.

Thats the thing if you looked at Messiah's toon it was a Warhammer 40k Paladin clone seriously ...yet Navi instead of dealing with the obvious clone costume took offence to the the name. Then he takes all sorts of offence to the word cleavage even though the game has breast sliders actually called BREAST SLIDERS!

Navi is obviously some sort of super conservative, nice enough guy, but shouldn't be a GM of a super hero game.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    It saddens me though that some people I have known and seen get reports by anonymous players with no evidence get suspended when not really looking into the matter. For instance: Someone in Caprice roleplaying normally like any other. Has a bit of a trash mouth and like to talk smack. Out of Character, they are nice, just the character In Character can get mean. Someone took offense to them and reported them. They were gone for three days from what they told me because they were reported for abusive behavior and foul language.

This also saddens me further that some out there like to abuse the GMs powers, by making a convincing looking story towards someone they dislike to get them suspended when not getting the story from the other player. Last time I checked for a judge to decide the fate of someone, they must hear the story from all sources, not just instantly believe the first thing they hear and call for action against the victim who, in most cases, is innocent.

In my opinion, the community needs more than a GM that works for the company. They need a player within the community who is honest and trustworthy to receive reports and determine with the aid of other GMs the right course of action. For right now, I can just imagine some of these GMs just sitting at their desk with a Big Gulp soda and only moving the mouse over the Delete and Ban buttons to quickly empty out their inboxes and call it a job well done.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    nepht said:

Thats the thing if you looked at Messiah's toon it was a Warhammer 40k Paladin clone seriously ...yet Navi instead of dealing with the obvious clone costume took offence to the the name. Then he takes all sorts of offence to the word cleavage even though the game has breast sliders actually called BREAST SLIDERS!

Navi is obviously some sort of super conservative, nice enough guy, but shouldn't be a GM of a super hero game.

Ah, never had any contact with with Navi or Messiah, but not that you explain the Warhammer connection I understand where the Messiah guy was coming from. He was referencing W40k. Seems like you should know these things if you're going to be a GM.

That Major Cleavage thing really ticked me off though. I make a lot of characters, mostly female, and every slider on nearly every other stat is in the middle (with an exception for legs, which is 3/4ths) the only other slider that isn't in the middle is the breasts, and that's at max. Worse still, almost every costume part you can apply to the chest area is scaled for maximum cleavage. You want to design a character with nice average sized chest, well emblems are going to look weird, chest parts are going to have strange triangles instead of straight lines, and if you want a bulkier or rounded character the breasts only get larger. It seems extraordinarily hypocritical to force someone to change their tongue in cheek name when the game itself seems to be actually kind of sexist.

Again, never met Navi or interacted with him/her, could be a really cool person to talk with, but these judgment calls sound horrible.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    chaelk wrote: »
    The report button goes to CS, same as all the tickets. They handle all three games.

And guess who is in charge of CS? Kind of hard to report a GM for abuse when you can't inform the person they answer to.​​
  • Options
    The OV nuisances, we had to argue the Devs into changing the Clarence fight.
    We still have the problem of being able to attack low level characters because of auras,though the people who were doing that, from a certain SG, haven't been seen for a while.
    They'll probably turn up for the quilo... Dr Strange event and use the portals in Westside for farming
    also how much access to accts do CS have, they have to be able to look at names and costumes but are unlikely to be able to look at backgrounds, since you have to go ingame for that and powers.

Complaining about characters with big bust and a name to match, when the sliders are automatically on max, is hypocritical.
    waistcoats buttons and seams are stretched, skull vest, the bra parts shrink and the strings get tighter instead of looser.
    I wonder if anyone has reported Major Skanke without bothering to check what sex he is first.
    as for the warhammer clone, did you report it Nepth or just leave it?
    It's a different game system, unless they have played that game system, they won't know it.
    comics are easier to look up, just type name. costume for a peice in a miniature army is a lot harder.​​

• Options
    My hatred for clones is well known what do you think I did :D
  • Options
    ok finally put in a suggestion, for what should have been done.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1205050/put-the-warning-in-the-character-creator
    feel free to go and post rude comments... well people will anyway.​​

• Options
    gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    I'm sorry I'm a bit short spoken here... But I am very well wanting to step up to the plate as GM on the game.

((Well edit later, Some business suddenly came up.))
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    I'm sorry I'm a bit short spoken here... But I am very well wanting to step up to the plate as GM on the game.

((Well edit later, Some business suddenly came up.))

A - move to California, B - apply for a position with PWE in their customer support with relevant cv employment info, C - work on whatever game they tell you to, or indeed no game at all and simply be involved in payments etc.

i.e The GM position is a staff positing with PWE support not within Cryptic itself.​​