test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20160210.20 - Bug Fixes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
Misc
Added Raptor and Deer skull heads to the Nightmare vendor.
Animal Skull textures have been cleaned up.
Fixed a bug where bone spikes long and short were not unlocking properly for both genders.

Power Changes
Hyper Voice now applies knockdown when fully maintained.
Moved the Disorient effect to an advantage.

Fixed a bug where Holy Water wasn't available if you owned a ultimate power.

Fixed a bug with magma burst where it was applying its effect multiple times.

Fixed a bug where Absorb heat was not consuming clinging flames.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go here: http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/categories/gameplay-bugs1.

These player & moderator maintained threads are checked weekly by the development team.
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1203590/costume-bug-list
- http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1203148/onslaught-bugs-and-balance-qol-concerns
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198089/known-power-bugs
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1194284/champions-online-alerts-issues
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198119/compiled-list-of-bugs-issues-and-qol-concerns-version-2-0​​

Comments

• Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    - Hyper Voice now applies knockdown when fully maintained.

Excellent change. Thank you.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User

- Hyper Voice now applies knockdown when fully maintained.

Excellent change. Thank you.

+1

Yaaas.
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    Loving the Skulls, a lot, though in my opinion, all the skulls and skeleton parts would benefit from having ghost material. Still waiting on ghost material for hands and feet.

But seriously, the skulls kick butt. Though, of course, people will now be begging for a normal raptor head.
  • Options
    seanimusprimexseanimusprimex Posts: 47 Arc User
    I noticed the Nightmare Colossi have a unique Skeletal Beast legs n feet. ..any chance thatll become an unlockable? Come on don't tease us with that >=(
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Power Changes

​​

Very cool.

I also very much wish ghost material was available for hands and feet.
    Skeletal beast legs are badly wanted by a good chunk of players, too.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Good change with Hyper Voice.

I still very much would like to see some of the fire changes to HW powers be optional.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options

I noticed the Nightmare Colossi have a unique Skeletal Beast legs n feet. ..any chance thatll become an unlockable? Come on don't tease us with that >=(

Now that you mention it, yeah, you're right. I want those legs!
  • Options
    ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    Although this isn't really a HUGE issue, it's something I'd like to see resolved.

A problem I have with almost every CO custcene is that speechbubbles are oftentimes positioned so that half of the text is offscreen, and can't be read. Specifically, when talking to Witchcraft, Caliburn, Dr. Ka and the "new guy" (forget his name), there's a part where Witchcraft says something, but only the bottom half of the speech bubble is visible. Now, while I'm not saying you should go and fix EVERY CO cutscene so the camera is positioned better (though I'd love it!), if you could tweak that before going Live I'd appreciate it.
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    Although this isn't really a HUGE issue, it's something I'd like to see resolved.

A problem I have with almost every CO custcene is that speechbubbles are oftentimes positioned so that half of the text is offscreen, and can't be read. Specifically, when talking to Witchcraft, Caliburn, Dr. Ka and the "new guy" (forget his name), there's a part where Witchcraft says something, but only the bottom half of the speech bubble is visible. Now, while I'm not saying you should go and fix EVERY CO cutscene so the camera is positioned better (though I'd love it!), if you could tweak that before going Live I'd appreciate it.

that problem also occurs frequently in certain alerts, particularly with tall enemies like black talon​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Also, I'd like to mention that Holy Water is STILL NOT working on PTS. I still can't choose the power from the training window.
    Post edited by carrionbaggage on
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    Please the unlock for skeletal beast legs!
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
    Skeletal beast legs won't make it in this update, but very likely in a future one :)​​
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Oh thank you Kaiserin! I love all the work you and the dev team have put in making the game feeling more alive!
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    kaizerin said:

Skeletal beast legs won't make it in this update, but very likely in a future one :)​​

:D Thats awesome to hear! Also, when will we see those animal skulls unlock for female toons and the other costume parts unlock for males? Would not be good to keep them gender specific.
  • Options
    thepure0nethepure0ne Posts: 57 Arc User
    Weapon size slider??
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Weapon size slider??

Controlled by hand size atm.
  • Options
    christy300christy300 Posts: 35 Arc User
    oooh nice! new costume soon yesh!! and ty for the knockdown for hyper voice!^^
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I hope there would be a normal raptor head in the future patches. Maybe even a T-rex.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Power Changes
    hmmm Disoriented moved as ADV... why i suspect Disoriented and SONIC attack mechanics will be more of a thing in the future?

I hope there would be a normal raptor head in the future patches. Maybe even a T-rex.

I vote for Triceratop head, because Extreme Dinosaurs was my childhood darn it

With SCIENCE we can take the Skulls as Fossils and CLONE the dinosaurs :D​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Bug: Raptor and Deer skull heads both listed in Seraph Vendor as Wolf Skull and unlock text also describes them as Wolf Skull "You received Wolf Skull."​​
  • Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    avianos said:

I vote for Triceratop head, because Extreme Dinosaurs was my childhood darn it

With SCIENCE we can take the Skulls as Fossils and CLONE the dinosaurs :D​​

Triceracop characters incoming.
  • Options
    carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited March 2016
    A quick round-up of the currently pending bugs, for organization's sake:

ACKNOWLEDGED BUGS
    • The female jacket's cape collision is not yet finalized.
    • Skull costumes are male-only.
    • NPC costumes are female-only.
    • The Rocker does not have a costume yet.
    COSTUME BUGS
    • None of the costumes or vehicles have unique icons.
    • Long Sleeves and Cross Boots do not appear on their respective drop-down menus. They must be searched and applied.
    • Wrapped Cloth: Wrap Ends Attachements have no material options ( Wrapped Cloth is metal, leather, cloth).
    • Feuerdrache neck clips through hand holding guitar.
    • Raptor and Deer skull heads both listed in Seraph Vendor as Wolf Skull and unlock text also describes them as Wolf Skull "You received Wolf Skull."​​
    POWER BUGS
    • The Rapid Response specialization from the Commander tree reduces Ebon Ruin's charge time.
    • Rank 2 Soul Vortex displays its Fear chance as 35%. Ranks 1 and 3 display the value as 15%.
    • Holy Water appears as an Unavailable power, and is not selectable (even when its Tier 3 requirements are met).
    • Holy Water's Heavenly Mana advantage lacks an in-game description.
    • (unclear if this is a bug or intended) Absorb Heat's heal value does not increase with additional ranks.
    • Hyper Voice consumes energy on tap, but deals no damage.
    COLOR TINTING ISSUES
    • Soul Vortex's central vortex does not change color with color tinting.
    • Holy Water's color cannot be changed with color tinting.
    • Hyper Voice's color cannot be changed with color tinting.
    EVENT ISSUES
    • (old bug, with new relevance) Double Aura of Radiant Protection disables blocking, when there are two AoRP icons stacked side-by-side on the buff bar. With the importance of blocking the AoE from the Nightmare Colossus, this can become an issue in the open-world Team Up.
    • Various qliphothic horror knocks don't apply resistance. Same for elder worms.
    • Attacking Terror Syphons does not generate energy.
    Post edited by carrionbaggage on
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I don't know if this is a bug, a not final value, or just a bad idea, but all of the repeatable missions return a single token for their trouble...given that pretty much every item costs at Least 100 tokens, this seems like a terrible terrible idea.

I really like this event though. Letting us get some of Valerian's wardrobe is farm worthy in the extreme :) We just need a better way to capitalize on it.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

I don't know if this is a bug, a not final value, or just a bad idea, but all of the repeatable missions return a single token for their trouble.

kaizerin said:

Reward amounts are not yet finalized :p Just placeholders.​​

• Options
    I should really stop posting from my phone, apparently I miss quite a bit :)

That being said, I do have a suggestion.

Since Mighty voice is not very thematic for the Rocker's powerset (although an awesome power in its own right,) could we get firebreath as a choice instead?
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

Since Mighty voice is not very thematic for the Rocker's powerset (although an awesome power in its own right,) could we get firebreath as a choice instead?

How is it not thematic for the Rocker? He's a rock and roll guy who sings loudly, hence Mighty Voice and Unleashed Rage :neutral:
  • Options
    mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    It's best not to try making too much sense of the Rocker, and I don't mean that maliciously - Devs obviously didn't have 'New Power Set' in the cards so had to get creative. It brought us some cool cozzies so I can deal. :smiley:

Now, to contradict myself somewhat: most of the fire stuff is bound up in the use of the weapon, so overall I don't see the concept as a Fire Controller per say. Magic Guitar, maybe?
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User

Since Mighty voice is not very thematic for the Rocker's powerset...

Back in the day, when we were first given concept art for a set of Heavy Weapons that included a guitar with an axe blade on one side, I created a toon called Death Metal, with the specific intent of using that weapon. (Sadly, the weapon never materialized, so the toon eventually got deleted and replaced with another concept, but it looks like he'll be returning...) One of the powers I gave him, since we don't really have a Sonic powerset, was a Force blast (don't recall exactly which one offhand), defining the head as the emanation point, to simulate the screaming vocals common to the genre. So yes, Hyper Voice is very much in theme for a Rocker.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    seanimusprimexseanimusprimex Posts: 47 Arc User
    Rock Crystal aura also does not change color. It's nice that it slightly changes its pattern when you selsct a color, but it needs to actually change color like any other aura.
  • Options

:confused: Never listened to much Rock or Metal genre, huh?
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    spinnytop said:

How is it not thematic for the Rocker? He's a rock and roll guy who sings loudly, hence Mighty Voice and Unleashed Rage :neutral:
    As has been mentioned before. The damage type & debuff (sonic) has zero synergy with crushing/fire. While it's great the power now has a knockdown to trigger enrage.. it still pushes enemies AWAY from the caster. Which isn't really helpful for HW powers like Absorb heat and Brimstone w/advantage.

But we have a choice between Arc of Ruin and Hyper voice... so I don't mind. And Hyper Voice is a FREE power than any FF can pick up.. so in the end I'm happy to have it.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    There's a few ATs that have powers that don't mesh well with their existing power set, but are thematic to the, you know, THEME of the character itself.
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User

Actually, fire breath would be pretty dope for a rocker. Then they got their own pyrotechnics.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Note: added Hyper Voice's no-damage-on-tap bug to the previously posted bug list.

Several concerns were voiced in the previous thread regarding the new Fire aesthetics of Heavy Weapons. I think the most notable instance is with Cleave, which now has mandatory Clinging Flames graphics where it previously did not. This runs contrary to many existing Heavy Weapons concepts; and I, like the others who posted, would like to see a way to preserve those concepts without the visual fire effects.

It was suggested that Clinging Flames be turned into a 1-point advantage, but I don't think that's the best solution for a couple reasons:
    • Clinging Flames is very important to The Rocker's build synergies. A newer player using The Rocker might not know to actively choose a Clinging Flames advantage.
    • Someone using Cleave as a tanking power with Challenging Strikes would have to forego either the Clinging Flames or Rank 3.
    Cleave's Rampant advantage, as was mentioned in the previous thread, is very lackluster. Even without any other Offense, 30 Offense is only a little more than a 1% damage bonus. Rampant's 2-point cost means you can't take Rank 3 of the power, which doesn't seem like a reasonable trade-off.

With all that in mind, here's a suggestion...

SUGGESTION
    • Change Cleave's Rampant advantage to something like the following 2-point advantage:

Brawn Over Brains
      Your Cleave can no longer apply Clinging Flames.
      Your Cleave now applies Great Power, which gives you +10 Offense for 12 sec. Stacks up to 3 times.
      For each stack of Great Power, Cleave receives an extra +10% base damage.

This advantage is not recommended for The Rocker Archetype.

• Options

I love rock...but a sonic attack has no business in this build. Fire Breath on the other hand would give the user a great source for clinging flames, making the new heal far more effective. And seriously, a rock star breathing fire? You can't see that?
  • Options
    sammiefightersammiefighter Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Days late and dollars short but two thoughts that more go with the last PTS thread

-= Rocker power progression =-

Level 1: Bludgeon
    Level 1: Cleave
    Level 6: Defiance
    Level 8: Guard
    Level 11: Arc of Ruin or Hyper Voice
    ..... and so on ...

I'd suggest maintaining closer to the pseudo standard AT power progression: Power Power Power, Passive, Power, Form, Power, Block ...
    Mostly this is physiological, Defiance/Guard far too early make a very boring early game-play mechanic with 1 power, you can see this with most of the tank classes, having 1 'good power' and no offense until level 11+ is very boring and slows down the game play (even if the first levels are quick).

-= Event =-

Moving the portals, great. That was terrible for sub level 10 to get dumped on. Knowing this I'll still make the comment

Portals: Spawning too many large monsters too fast (kill one one spawns instantly), combined with too many knocks and grabs is simply overkill. It is not realistic to pretend to be accessible to a team of 3 new level 10 characters (About as realistic as there being 3 level 10's teaming).

Needs to be toned down considerably, I'm not sure I even want to do it at level 40 without a tank/psudeo-tank in its current form. Standing around "LF Tank for open event", not acceptable in my book for open event, this isn't a Rampage or TA. [*]. Honestly the portals seem more at home in their own instance then in open world in current deadly form.

Terror Siphons are more realistic in spawn size and difficulty.

[b]SUGGEST[/b] Player choice / combo quest (Can we program that) ... or go easy mode use a real/imaginary random token, 1 Terror siphon = 1 tokens, 1 Portal = 2 or 3 tokens. Event requires # tokens + kills for daily. Slow and safe, vs fast and deadly or a mix.

Comment/Gripe: Daily 1: Teams size 5, Daily 2: Team Size 3, Daily 3: Team Size 3. I'm sure we'll all end up just open world style teaming things, and grinding site X. But seriously, trying to force team an open world event. Please stop, some one already noted the grindyness off past events, we don't need to add "LFT" on top of this, or items locked behind a "team-gate", especially pretty pony / pretty princess items.

[b] To Test[/b] Check kills needed work in and out of team context for the devs. There were problems with Zombies at Halloween with DPS and kill counters. I see a potential issue here but can't test.

[*] Yes Yes I know you guys took your over geared level 40 ulta-char and soloed it. I did too. I also took my level 40 non-tank, and got squished nice and quick by 4 brutes jumping on me at once. I don't even want to see how long a 'squish' character lasts taking aggro.

• Options
    mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User

With all that in mind, here's a suggestion...

SUGGESTION

• Change Cleave's Rampant advantage to something like the following 2-point advantage:

Brawn Over Brains
      Your Cleave now applies Great Power, which gives you +10 Offense for 12 sec. Stacks up to 3 times.

Overall a solid idea - kudos! Especially the concept of an Adv that removes the Clinging Flames aspect, if the Devs want to take that and go a different route.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Portals: Spawning too many large monsters too fast (kill one one spawns instantly), combined with too many knocks and grabs is simply overkill. It is not realistic to pretend to be accessible to a team of 3 new level 10 characters (About as realistic as there being 3 level 10's teaming).

Needs to be toned down considerably, I'm not sure I even want to do it at level 40 without a tank/psudeo-tank in its current form.

It's not too tough if you focus-fire the portal and don't hit other targets until it's dead; I soloed it with a level 40, so a team of lower levels should be able to manage. However, slowing the respawn on the horrors would allow fighting the obvious targets (the monsters) as a viable strategy.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

spinnytop said:

As has been mentioned before. The damage type & debuff (sonic) has zero synergy with crushing/fire. While it's great the power now has a knockdown to trigger enrage.. it still pushes enemies AWAY from the caster. Which isn't really helpful for HW powers like Absorb heat and Brimstone w/advantage.

But we have a choice between Arc of Ruin and Hyper voice... so I don't mind. And Hyper Voice is a FREE power than any FF can pick up.. so in the end I'm happy to have it.
    He said thematic, that has nothing to do with debuffs and synergy.

I love rock...but a sonic attack has no business in this build. Fire Breath on the other hand would give the user a great source for clinging flames, making the new heal far more effective. And seriously, a rock star breathing fire? You can't see that?
    Rockstars spend more time making loud noises with their mouths than they do making fire come out of there.
  • Options
    Interesting fix to the power-selection issue with the Rocker. (It was quietly moved from level 11 to 14.) I'll have to see how well that works - I'm still checking on what the leveling experience is like, so I don't want to use the Debugger to jump.

On the other hand, that does reveal another issue with this event - there are two Qliphothic spawns in the alley where the level-10 mission "Word of the Weasel" takes place. I had to defeat one group before I could get two of the weapon boxes, and another before I could get a third. (Another that I usually go after was located right next to one of those evil-generator things; fortunately, the horrors there are too high-level to pay attention to a mere lvl-11 peon.) You'll probably get some complaints about that. (Not that big a deal from my POV, because with the new 360-degree arc of attack with the weapon they were quite defeatable, but there will be complaints, especially from those who don't notice the purple over the heads of the horrors by the generator and think they can just bust anything they see.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    jonsills said:

Interesting fix to the power-selection issue with the Rocker. (It was quietly moved from level 11 to 14.) I'll have to see how well that works - I'm still checking on what the leveling experience is like, so I don't want to use the Debugger to jump.

On the other hand, that does reveal another issue with this event - there are two Qliphothic spawns in the alley where the level-10 mission "Word of the Weasel" takes place. I had to defeat one group before I could get two of the weapon boxes, and another before I could get a third. (Another that I usually go after was located right next to one of those evil-generator things; fortunately, the horrors there are too high-level to pay attention to a mere lvl-11 peon.) You'll probably get some complaints about that. (Not that big a deal from my POV, because with the new 360-degree arc of attack with the weapon they were quite defeatable, but there will be complaints, especially from those who don't notice the purple over the heads of the horrors by the generator and think they can just bust anything they see.)

I've heard that they're looking at mob placements in western M-City and moving them to less delicate areas. There were some that were pretty brutal, placing mobs literally right on top of certain low-level mission objectives.
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User

[locks thelastsonofzod in a room]
    [starts a loop of "Louder Than Love" by Soundgarden, "Led Zeppelin III", and "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden]
    [turns volume up to 11]
    [walks away for a week]
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    edited March 2016

[locks thelastsonofzod in a room]
    [starts a loop of "Louder Than Love" by Soundgarden, "Led Zeppelin III", and "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden]
    [turns volume up to 11]
    [walks away for a week]
    [sneaks into room]
    [adds Meat Loaf's Bat Out of Hell II: Back Into Hell]
    [sneaks back out]

• Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    SUGGESTION
    Change Cleave's Rampant advantage to something like the following 2-point advantage:

Brawn Over Brains

That'd be a decent compromise on my complaints about Cleave having clinging flames.

I still would have an issue with Eruption, Skullcrusher, and Vicious Decent doing half fire damage. Eruption especially should be to have the fire damage done with it's Magma Burst advantage since that advantage is adding a clinging flames effect.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

This discussion has been closed.