test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

UNITY 2 (pre-requisite's)

angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Missions and Content
You must complete a set of 4 mission chains in VIbora Bay to gain access to UNITY 2 missions.
DISCLAIMER:
(I've seen this question asked frequently ON/OFF the forums.)
(So here's the answer in it's own thread for ease of searching.

Assembling the Antidote (Papa Perrault):
  1. Tetrodotoxin the Terror Toxin
  2. Assembling the Antidote
  3. Coffin Break
  4. The Servants and the Main Loa
*...finish chain for "There and Bat Again"...*

Of Serums and Secrets (Robert Caliburn):
  1. Smoking a Pack a Day
  2. Trail of the Werebeast
  3. Dogz and Vampires, Creeping Together!
  4. Of Serums and Secrets

There and Bat Again (*see below*)
  • (Papa Perrault)
    1. Coffin Break
    2. The Servants and the Main Loa
  • (Sapphire's Assistant/email>ITEM)
    1. Fan with a Plan
    2. Talking Through Broken Fangs
  • (Museum Curator)
    1. Bauble (Blood) Bath
    2. Queen of the Glammed
  • (Voodoo-Controlled Sapphire)
    1. Jewel of Denial
    2. Shun Away Pride
  • (Dr.Ka)
    1. Fox in the When House
    2. Bat to the Future
  • (Foxbat/email)
    1. There and Bat Again

Burn 'Em Out (*see below*)
  • (Redsnake)
    1. Fresh Blood
    2. Winters of Our Discontent
  • (Taffy Winters)
    1. Seeing Redsnake
    2. Stalking on Sunshine
    3. Burn 'Em Out
__________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
| ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
[SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
Post edited by angelofcaine on

Comments

• Options
    angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Here's the "workaround" for "There and Bat Again" mission bug.
    Just dug THIS little gem out of the "Two Player Issues. July 7th, 2012" thread :eek:
    rehilerol wrote: »
    The "There and Bat Again" mission for the normal and Unity 2 special assignment would not let me complete.
    Foxbat just stood there although the mission completion requirements were met.
    Then I remembered the mission where you have to clear out the bar to speak to Black Fang alone.
    There was a refrigerator that had to be destroyed before he would talk to me.
    The next time I did There and Bat Again same thing happened so I looked around and found a drilling machine.
    When I destroyed the machine the mission completed normally.
    Hope this helps!
    Oh, and...
    ...Are the underlined missions the only ones that actually trigger things?
    As in, if you could get just those four from sharing missions, would that be good enough?
    The underscored missions are the ones used for the U2 Special Assignments.
    ...CORRECT :wink:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • Options
    cherrymashcherrymash Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I had the bug also and tried destroying the drill but it didn't work. When I tried running around destroying just about everything that I could target something finally triggered Foxbat to speak to me :biggrin: . If what you destroy the first few times doesn't work just keep trying. It might take a while but it worked for me.
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    cherrymash wrote: »
    I had the bug also and tried destroying the drill but it didn't work. When I tried running around destroying just about everything that I could target something finally triggered Foxbat to speak to me :biggrin: . If what you destroy the first few times doesn't work just keep trying. It might take a while but it worked for me.

I know this is an old thread, but the real issue here is the Allied AI constantly trying to attack your opponent. When you strike an object with an AoE, it changes states from its natural Static Object state to Object In-Combat state. When an object changes states, it becomes a completely different object, and the AI trying to attack your target doesn't register the change.

This is true with all Follower AI types. Damage a Static Object once to trigger the change, fail to continue attacking it or destroy it and any followers under your control will get stuck in this "Attack ally's Target" state until the object they're attached to gets destroyed.

The Object's State Change is also the reason why you can't get Zombies out of the Suspicious Crates in the Queen City Arc, since the Zombies are only set to appear when the object is destroyed in its Static state, not during its In-Combat state.

For those having trouble with your Followers, just find the object you accidentally tagged with your AoEs and smash it.

For those working in the code, a couple of ways to fix this are to Update Follower AI to register the State Changes of Objects, or to make Objects be in a single state at all times which allows the AI to not need to make the attempt to figure out what happened when you accidentally touched some random Trash Can in RenCen.

At least now you know part of the reason why Follower AI is broken. :tongue:
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This isn't really an appropriate place to post this. Start a new thread when reporting a bug.
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This isn't really an appropriate place to post this. Start a new thread when reporting a bug.

I have to admit that I got a chuckle out of this. You turned three pages of a thread about a charity event into whining that Cryptic doesn't give CO enough money. Forgive me if I struggle to respect your judgment of 'appropriate places to post things'.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    That thread was appropriate for such posts because it was on topic to the reward inconsistencies and situation. Instead of spreading it across the forums you can argue about it there.

No matter how big a charity building is, if the foundation is made of bull**** I'm going to call it out.
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sheesh, and all I had to do was explain why Foxbat bugs out in "There and Bat Again" to set people off... It's not even a direct bug report. Would it be too much to ask for you guys to take this somewhere else before having to call in a referee?
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    People usually derail any and every thread to satisfy their own whims.

Just start a thread in the bug section about it.
  • Options
    denshimaru3denshimaru3 Posts: 17 Arc User
    Just wondering does unlocking the Unity 2 Missions make VB travelable to by the UNITY Teleporter?
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Firstly - Awesome Necro
    Secondly - I believe doing vb apocalypse unlocks vb (speak to juryrig for big city visitors mission to open that chain). If you haven't done it the location will not be available to you by normal in game means (jets/teleports) (i.e without using a certain alert powerhouse) although if teleport to team mate and team summon would get you there too now.

You need access to vb proper to do the unlock missions required for unity 2.
    ​​
  • Options
    denshimaru3denshimaru3 Posts: 17 Arc User
    Okay just wondering lol I just hate the VB apocalypse and honestly all crisis instances. I just wanted to know if there was an easier way to just get to VB without having to use the apocalypse. I was hoping I could just use the one alert to access it do the missions and then hopefully the UNITY teleporter would allow travel to VB but I guess that's not the case.
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
  • Options
    ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 664 Arc User

Okay just wondering lol I just hate the VB apocalypse and honestly all crisis instances. I just wanted to know if there was an easier way to just get to VB without having to use the apocalypse. I was hoping I could just use the one alert to access it do the missions and then hopefully the UNITY teleporter would allow travel to VB but I guess that's not the case.

Have a friend in Vibora and use a Teleport to Team Devcie or he/she uses a Teleport Team to Player Device.
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,919 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Have a friend in Vibora and use a Teleport to Team Devcie or he/she uses a Teleport Team to Player Device.

I can confirmed that this works 100%, just note, that you really not ment to be in VB low level, I whuold suggest you be level 30 max, otherwise you'll have to enjoy getting one-shoted by almost everything at once.

Edit: Stupid quote system, why show me someone else quote, but make it seem that responded to them-self, what then makes me look like Im responding to that person and not the person who asked the qeastion in the first place​​
    Psi.