test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20150630.9 - Ravenswood Stunblaster & Bug Fixes

ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
edited July 2015 in PTS - The Archive
Release Notes for FC.31.20150630.9:

This build is available on PTS now, 7/10/2015.

Ravenwood Stunblaster
- Hooked up the stunblaster costume unlock (for assault rifles, sniper rifles, particle rifles and SMGs)
- Added the stunblaster unlock to the PTS store.
- Hooked up the Ravenswood Stunblaster costume to the Perpetrator Incapacitation Device.

Lock Box Fixes
- Added icons for the Lockbox & Perpetrator Incapacitation Device,
- Added the Ravenswood Lockbox contact & vehicle to Ren Center.
- Fixed several issues with costume clipping & material names.

Known Issues

Lock Box Event
- Gravity Driver Icon needs to be replaced.
- Foxbat V Defender Lockbox icon & info shows up on welcome screen.
- Hovercar icons break the image bounding box on the item modification window.

Ravenswood Costume (Male)
- Clipping on upper thigh at default & high body mass.
- Clipping on the Chest Layer
- Clipping w/shoulder pads & chest layer at low body mass.
- Clipping with the helmet into the players shoulders & shoulder pieces.
- Shoulder Pads, Arm Accessories, Bracers, Leg Accessories and Foot Accessories only show Both, never just left or right.
- Color Bleeding of colors 2 and 3 on several pieces.
- Bicep Seams do not pickup color 4.

Ravenswood Costume (Female)
- Clipping on upper thigh at default & high body mass.
- Clipping on the Chest Layer
- Clipping w/shoulder pads & chest layer at low body mass.
- Clipping with the helmet into the players shoulders & shoulder pieces.
- Shoulder Pads, Arm Accessories, Bracers, Leg Accessories and Foot Accessories only show Both, never just left or right.
- Color Bleeding of colors 2 and 3 on several pieces.
- Bicep Seams do not pickup color 4.

Raven Costume Piece
- Only shows Both, never just left or right.

Ravenswood Stunblaster
- SMG FX do not play correctly with the Stunblaster (we may remove the SMG option).
- Stunblaster clips into hands when held.

Additionally,
- Due to a change with the Ravenswood tights, characters who had previously unlocked and equipped them have to re-equip them or appear to be invisible.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by ladygadfly on

Comments

• Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Thanks for the fixes and acknowledging some of the other issues however the Color bleeds noted in previous two pts threads are still occuring but have not been added to known issues or addressed. Why have seperate color channels if 2 bleeds into 3 causing it's color to change.

Bug: Ravenswood Costume Set - Color 2 affecting shade of Color 3 channel on both Male & Female
    What: Color 3 Channel on the following pieces is being affected by bleed of Color 2 preventing true color matching being achieved.
    Where:

Tights - Chest - Cloth, Leather, Metal
    Tights - Legs - Cloth, Leather, Metal
    Chest Layer - Cloth, Leather, Metal
    Bracers - Cloth, Leather, Metal (really hard to see as only small disc emblem is color 3)
    Shoulder Pads - Cloth, Leather, Metal

Note: Color bleed does not occur on leg accessories or feet accessories or headwear!

Example - Note the only color change here was color 2 from white to black - color 3 areas on costume parts also change color.

screenshot_2015-07-11-00-41-56_zpsydkik1em.jpg~original

Bug: Shoulders Clipping through Ravenswood Chestwear
    What: Even on default mass and shoulder size, character shoulders clip through the shoulder straps of Chestwear - not minor as affected on default size both male/female

Bug: Seam on bicep does not pick up color 4 (which is used on other seams between chest segments.​​
    Post edited by eiledon on
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    I appreciate the fixes made so far. Great work.

Please, please, please look into the colour bleeding issues. It would be a shame for the other issues to be fixed but for this problem to still be glaring us in the face.

Let's make this a great costume set. After the last one we really need it for morale.

Thanks again devs.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Suggestion: Add Optional Ravenswood Emblem to Chest Wear center panel or add a second version of the perk emblem which sits further off the chest skeleton allowing chestwear to be worn beneath it.
    Why: When wearing the Ravenswood Chestwear, the Ravenswood emblem (should you also choose it) is covered up, it seems a no brainer that the Ravenswood set should have this emblem available in some form.
    ​​
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Bug: New Hovercars break the image bounding box on the Item Modification Window
    screenshot_2015-07-04-14-14-48_zpsl69ysloq.jpg~original

Noted in original thread for release of new vehicles.
    Also is it a typo or miscommunication, but the Cherrybomb is showing in it's description that it has the 10% bonus to stats previously limited to lockbox and drifter vehicles, but according to the blog it is the zen store version (which have previously not had the 10% bonus.)
    [/color]​​
    Post edited by eiledon on
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    Will there be a special lockbox vendor near the powerhouse for this lockbox?
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    Bugs: glass, glass shiny, holoforce,psi holo using wrong colour box
    Where: PTS

these ones are using colour 1, cloth, leather, use colour 3.
    armour%20colour_zpsiakihjkz.png
    armour%20colour%203_zpse4ewusyz.png
    armour%20colour%204_zpsmqeprtz2.png
    armour%20colour%202_zpsaajhprwm.png

Bug: black in colour 3 is registering as grey, 10 down, column 1.

left one is with black in 3
    right one is matching the colour.

armour%20colour%205_zpsumash4h6.png

​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    costumes and cars.
    bronze(supposedly black)
    gold
    armour%20and%20cars%202_zps5cxgvlnc.png
    armour%20and%20cars_zps8mqdk9t6.png

​​

• Options
    Hey Folks,

The known issues have been updated to include the color bleeding, broken image in the modification window, bicep seams missing colors & chest layer clipping. Thanks for the reports, keep 'em coming.

To answer soulforger's question, there will be a lock box contact in Ren Center.
  • Options
    Thanks Gad dino2-9.gif

It should be noted that a lot of the rifle and smg skins are clipped by the hands when held - it is more pronounced on the new gun due to the fluted nature of it.
    ​​
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I have a very simple question/suggestion.

When you have the device known as "the cloak of infinite plains" in your device bar, you get given an extra "power" in your power bar, clicking this "power" activates the device, would it be possible to have something like this for the Perpetrator Incapacitation Device, please?

only reason i'm asking is because it would allow for easier use of the device in regular combat, rather than having to click or do a key combo to do it [which while normally somewhere between trivial and simple for most players, I have trouble with due to the fact that I use a controller to play as my general motor coordination is less than....impressive when it comes to mouse/keybord]
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    notyuu wrote: »

When you have the device known as "the cloak of infinite plains" in your device bar, you get given an extra "power" in your power bar, clicking this "power" activates the device, would it be possible to have something like this for the Perpetrator Incapacitation Device, please?

only reason i'm asking is because it would allow for easier use of the device in regular combat, rather than having to click or do a key combo to do it [which while normally somewhere between trivial and simple for most players, I have trouble with due to somewhat poor motor coordination, got around that issue for general gameplay by using a controller...but using a device from the device try with a controller is...finiky at the best of times]

I'll look into it. It might be really simple to set the device up that way.
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    ladygadfly wrote: »

only reason i'm asking is because it would allow for easier use of the device in regular combat, rather than having to click or do a key combo to do it [which while normally somewhere between trivial and simple for most players, I have trouble with due to somewhat poor motor coordination, got around that issue for general gameplay by using a controller...but using a device from the device try with a controller is...finiky at the best of times]

Thank you, if it turns out to be viable do you think it would be possible to make the other devices function in a similar manner?

or at the very least make some of the weaker ones less useless [looks angrily at contained radiation]
    and...that'll probably be all from me on this topic for now..don't wanna ramble off topic.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Suggestion:
    Change the pitch of the vehicles to match the chariot pitch.
    Champions%20Online_2015-07-10_23-17-56.jpg
    Champions%20Online_2015-07-10_23-18-28.jpg
    Post edited by ealford1985 on
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2015
    Thank you, if it turns out to be viable do you think it would be possible to make the other devices function in a similar manner?

or at the very least make some of the weaker ones less useless [looks angrily at contained radiation]
    and...that'll probably be all from me on this topic for now..don't wanna ramble off topic.

I don't care for this idea as it would very quickly litter/overflow your power tray. It's also kinda obnoxious as you cannot remove the power from your tray unless you remove the device. It also can't be moved around on the tray.

The device tray can be moved/keybound, so also having a device appear on your power tray seems redundant.
    Edit: Have you remapped your controller for device use? I have mine set for Right Trigger+buttons.
    ​​
    Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    I'm also for devices not being auto put into power trays. It only made sense for the Runesword since it can be spammed.

I don't think players will mind that the FX don't work for the SMG yet. You can fix that FX issue when you fix the anime pistols FX issue.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I know the bleed issue has been reported on the tights but there is also a bleed on the weapon.
    Champions%20Online_2015-07-10_23-32-23.jpg

Suggestion:
    Since the new Raven set focuses on psi/holo/glass can we get the weapon skin the same way. I know we talked about this more with the invisible weapon but having Material options for the gun would be AWESOME!!

or liek someone mentioned to me...a glass version/holo version/psi version
  • Options
    thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Hey, LadyGadfly, I was wondering about the possiblity of the Blaster Device being made into a proper Power for the Gadgeteering Particle Rifles? I mean after the lockbox has rotated out of course. Because the Particle Rifle powers are missing a Ranged AoE to fill the Energy Rifle niche. And this would fill the void properly, at least if the range were increased to 100ft as opposed to the current 80ft range....

Also, could we get the Blaster Pistol version from the previous PTS builds to unlock along with the Rifle? You know for the Sonic, Particle and Munitions Pistols (you could even assign that version to the SMG, instead of the Rifle version) Because honestly, the pistol version looked really kind of cool...

P.S. I support the power tray suggestion for the device. And Kaizerin, the Icon on the power tray from the cloak device can be moved around on the tray (and when put in to the Device slot it goes into the next empty slot on the Power Tray.) And this Power is Spammable, well with a 10 second cool down, but that's not overly long...although I'd love the cool down to be removed from it if possible...
    Post edited by thebuckeye on
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User

If I'm not mistaken, you can you the devices on controllers still. I know on the Xbox 360 controller you can press
    D-Right + A, B, X, Y or RB to use devices 1-5

But as for what you were pointing out, the same happens with most of the Nighthawk devices.

• Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    eiledon wrote: »
    Suggestion: Add Optional Ravenswood Emblem to Chest Wear center panel or add a second version of the perk emblem which sits further off the chest skeleton allowing chestwear to be worn beneath it.
    Why: When wearing the Ravenswood Chestwear, the Ravenswood emblem (should you also choose it) is covered up, it seems a no brainer that the Ravenswood set should have this emblem available in some form.
    ​​
    I really like this idea.

• Options
    Hey Folks,

The known issues have been updated to include the color bleeding, broken image in the modification window, bicep seams missing colors & chest layer clipping. Thanks for the reports, keep 'em coming.

To answer soulforger's question, there will be a lock box contact in Ren Center.

and don't forget to add in, different materials using different colour numbers.
    cloth, leather, metal use a different colour box to glass, holoforce and psi holo
    eg. chest - nml textures use box 3, others use box 1​​

• Options
    I am confused? Normal materials (cloth, leather, metal) variously use 2, 3 and 4 color channels. whereas glass, holo etc usually use a single channel for color. Do you mean you mean which channel is set to permit glow?​​
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    SMG FX clipping on the rifle is expected, we have similar problems with the longer pistol models. I'd prefer it be left open to players than taken off the menu. Could we get the shotgun added to the weapons list for it as well? I do rather like the design, though I currently lack a bird themed vigilante to make use of it.
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    Hey Folks,

Thanks for the answer!
  • Options
    blkjackwilliamsblkjackwilliams Posts: 256 Arc User
    Bug:

Gravity driver tokens are not properly removed from inventory when discarded.
  • Options
    blkjackwilliamsblkjackwilliams Posts: 256 Arc User
    Did damage get changed with this last patch? This is regarding FF characters.

I've been recording tooltip damage information at varying damage buff values, so I could see how damage acts as damage buffs increase. There's been consistency between live and test values except for today displayed damage values on test are different for the same level of buffs as I recorded a couple of days ago, additionally displayed damage is currently less on test than it is on live.

I don't know if it's just a display issue or if a bug on my end. Can someone else test this for me to get some confirmation that this is a system change/bug rather than something affecting just me?
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I am confused? Normal materials (cloth, leather, metal) variously use 2, 3 and 4 color channels. whereas glass, holo etc usually use a single channel for color. Do you mean you mean which channel is set to permit glow?​​
    look at the pictures further back.
    you have 4 colour channels.
    the MAIN COLOUR for cloth, leather and metal is using colour 3.
    the MAIN COLOUR for the other textures is using colour 1.

so when you change textures, you will also change colours unless those 2 boxes are the same colour.

I'll try it with different colours.
    colour 1 is blue, colour 3 is red.
    a9f6be52-0f1b-444f-8c2e-996b845baf0a_zpsvnldsh8f.png
    using metal, cloth or leather. The main colour is the third one.

armour%207_zps4840oier.png
    using glass, shiny glass, holoforce, psi holo. The main colour is the first one.
    firefox is playing up so having to use what edit buttons are on chrome.

• Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User

Please add this Lady, I have a few things I'll love to have on my power tray list
    Psi.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Suggestion: Spruce up the stuffed bird to make it worthy of a lockbox bonus item

*looks at alien hybrid tights*
    *looks back at stuffed bird*
    *looks at the jet wings*
    *looks back at the stuffed bird*

........nope.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    A Dead Dull Bird!

That's what we have been waiting for Lockbox Bonus card 3 reward? really? a Dead Bird?

looks at alien hybrid tights and jetwings, and now back to the dead bird

What? I see the Quality drop also affected the Bonus rewards for Lockboxes
    I may love Bird, but this? NO
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    I might become interested in the bird if I can have just one, on one shoulder, and maybe the ability to give it multiple colors and a parrot beak. Then I can combine it with the pirate pieces.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    Suggestion:
    Change the pitch of the vehicles to match the chariot pitch.
    Champions%20Online_2015-07-10_23-17-56.jpg
    Champions%20Online_2015-07-10_23-18-28.jpg

This, please.
    ​​
  • Options
    ogremindesogremindes Posts: 348 Arc User
    Suggestion: Spruce up the stuffed bird to make it worthy of a lockbox bonus item

*looks at alien hybrid tights*
    *looks back at stuffed bird*
    *looks at the jet wings*
    *looks back at the stuffed bird*

........nope.

Yeah... won't be opening a lockbox this round. I mean, I kinda want one of the cars, a plain-looking vehicle is something I've wanted for... as long as vehicles have been in the game. But vehicles don't seem to play nice with gamepads, or maybe it's the specific way my camera controls are set up, so I'm not going to bother.

And I'm certainly not touching the next series before the bonus card reward is revealed. At this rate, probably not after, either.

-Ogre
  • Options
    Ogre - if the description on the cherry bomb is to be believed it has the 10% boost to it even though the blog post said it was the c-store version. It that is the case it may be worth springing for that rather than wasting zen on keys and chancing to luck​​
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    The lockbox notification spam still needs a way to be turned off, or be removed completely. One message, imo, is one message too many. I've seen how this works in other games, and even with it limited to just vehicles it will still be obnoxious.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
    Request: Add glass, holo, psi, etc materials to the birdy.
    Request: Add more than just the bird if possible. I'd personally like to see a shoulder kitty, puppy and pony/unicorn. t6uaVly.png​​
  • Options
    now that could get messy fast.
    please tell me, you mean a mini pony and not a full sized one with incredible balance.
    a blob
    a glowing whatsit
    ​​

• Options
    ogremindesogremindes Posts: 348 Arc User
    Ogre - if the description on the cherry bomb is to be believed it has the 10% boost to it even though the blog post said it was the c-store version. It that is the case it may be worth springing for that rather than wasting zen on keys and chancing to luck​​

Oh, I'm never going to buy another vehicle, not as long as I can't steer in combat anyway. My first-gen grav bike is quite enough.

-Ogre
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    In comparison to previous lockbox awards, this bird is a joke. Please just slap this thing in the Ravenswood costume and take your time to give us something worthwhile. You cannot convince me this was planned, it seems like a last minute idea that was snatched out of the costume.

After a recycled emote, I'm honestly not surprised.
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User

only reason i'm asking is because it would allow for easier use of the device in regular combat, rather than having to click or do a key combo to do it [which while normally somewhere between trivial and simple for most players, I have trouble with due to the fact that I use a controller to play as my general motor coordination is less than....impressive when it comes to mouse/keybord]

You can just rebind your device slots to a key you can put on your controller.
    Most of the keyboard is wasted with UI garbage.
    U key for instance is bound to "Research and Development" which is a function that no longer exists.
    Z isn't being used anymore. X is open to my knowledge.
    Plenty more keys open that can be bound.

Having a device and power slot taken up for the same function is kind of a pain in the butt, like those glasses for the Gadroon quest that eat up a Primary Utility slot when you just want to wear cool spectacles.

Putting a power into the power bar does nothing to solve the click and/or key combo condition.
    My powerbar has three slots left on it, they all require an Alt + number finger fumble near the game killing WIndows key...or a click on the power bar, or if I'm going to use them frequently, a rebinding.

• Options
This discussion has been closed.