What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes, 6/3

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited December 2015 in Release Notes
Release notes for 6/3/15.

Costume:
-Fixed the inverted female skin & tights on several pieces (including Urban Anime).
-Fixed the Gold Bonus Vendor so the grad cap can be claimed.
-Fixed the visible seams on Variable robot pieces.

Known Issues
- Some tights still have the inverted muscles.
Post edited by ladygadfly on

Comments

• Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ok, now I want the inverted effect as an option on everything.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    How about the missing bird people costume pieces?
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jennymachx wrote: »
    How about the missing bird people costume pieces?

Ladygadfly mentioned them as known issues in today's PTS patch notes, so it sounds like they're works in progress.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'd love to see an Urbane Anime set. Ever so sophisticated, yet childishly colorful and oddly proportioned...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    I'd love to see an Urbane Anime set. Ever so sophisticated, yet childishly colorful and oddly proportioned...

You think the cuteness is your ally? You merely adopted the cuteness. I was born in the cuteness, molded by it.

... Brb, making this for Miss Behavin.
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    kemmicals wrote: »
    You think the cuteness is your ally? You merely adopted the cuteness. I was born in the cuteness, molded by it.

... Brb, making this for Miss Behavin.

Purr-Bane?
  • Options
    sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You guys have now inverted the actual costume pattern detail on tons of things. You also didn't even remotely come close to what would fix it, which was whatever you changed the "F_Chest_Tight_01.mset" file to recently.

The problem is directly linked to that model file, as it is also causing terrible clipping issues with the golden age neck cowl, especially when flying. And all of these issues were solved when we tried replacing that file with an older version.

The problem here, again, as clearly as I can state it is: -not- the actual normal map textures. They are all perfectly fine. The problem is on the rendering/3d model side of things. Some control value somewhere that I cannot access with my limited tools is causing this.

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You need to add to the Patch Notes the following:

Put more inverted female Skin & Tights textures on several pieces (including Curves and Curves Open).

WT actual F, Cryptic. WHAT are you DOING?!?

As mentioned above, you had to fix a SINGLE FILE. And somehow, instead of fixing THE SINGLE FILE, you screwed up all other kinds of things!
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Why wasn't this tested in PTS?

tantrums.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    flyingfinn wrote: »

That's a very good question.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Known Issues
    - Some tights still have the inverted muscles.

Only one problem, TT - this issue didn't exist until this week's patch. Those costume pieces mentioned below WERE FINE until this patch.
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    flyingfinn wrote: »

tantrums.gif

A total of one person pointed it out and everyone else was more concerned with Reggie not being in the new tutorial?
  • Options
    berukamuberukamu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    An user finds a simple and easy fix yet noone at Cryptic is able to fix this, what's more, they screw things up even more.

Can't find any words to express my disappointment.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    kemmicals wrote: »
    A total of one person pointed it out and everyone else was more concerned with Reggie not being in the new tutorial?

If PTS players are expected to regression test things that weren't previously broken, that means Cryptic's developers aren't unit testing properly and Cryptic's QA department doesn't understand the scope of the bug fixes submitted to them.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited June 2015
    Female torso topology is still bugged.

Issue seems to be related to the chest depth slider.

It goes away only at the most extreme chest depth, breasts size slider seems to affect it as well.

But chest depth is the main culprit.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Frankly, it looks like there's a new female torso model they just put in that's causing all these issues. I dunno though.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Issue seems to be related to the chest depth slider.

It goes away only at the most extreme chest depth, breasts size slider seems to affect it as well, the bigger are breasts, the worse.

But chest depth is the main culprit.

If you use armor tech light 3, reducing the breast size makes the clipping worse (at least it did for me).

Whatever they did, whether it was adding a new model or adjusted the geometry, they need to undo/fix it. If it's a new model they need to restore the old model until this new one is tested further.
  • Options
    maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Nice job there, the seams are really gone... Now, the question...

Are you guys still working on this costume trying to address all the other issues with it?

Like this one?

Robot_zps2ugzofmj.jpg

The leg accessories doesn't scale the same way. Left still bigger than the right one.

And this is only one of the problems with this set. Still bugged as hell scale-wise.
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • Options
    ogremindesogremindes Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Whelp, still can't use one of my chars because cowl tight is still broken.

-Ogre
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Screenshots taken minutes ago. Female character model.

sxf76g.jpg

s650th.jpg

Nope, it's not fixed.

And a color channel bleeding on the seam on the trying-so-hard-to-be-wings-but-failing backpiece.

Only hip piece was corrected.
  • Options
    logandarklighterlogandarklighter Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Why do I feel like we have the Top Gear crew in charge of bug fixes instead of people who actually know what they're doing?

I can just imagine Jeremy Clarkson bringing a large sledgehammer into the Cryptic offices while cheerfully saying "How hard could it be?" And Hammond looking frightened since he knows what's coming next...

Meanwhile James May is shaking his head and groaning, "Jezza you PILLOCK!"

That last bit is my general reaction to this whole mess where Cryptic is concerned.

Good going guys, you got the game back under the control of the main offices and a chance to prove you could do better with it than CN. And what do you do? Break the COSTUMES of half the players, and then break them AGAIN, trying to fix the first break. Meanwhile claiming everything is fixed in the patch notes when CLEARLY it isn't.

This is not an auspicious start.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Why do I feel like we have the Top Gear crew in charge of bug fixes instead of people who actually know what they're doing?

I can just imagine Jeremy Clarkson bringing a large sledgehammer into the Cryptic offices while cheerfully saying "How hard could it be?" And Hammond looking frightened since he knows what's coming next...

Meanwhile James May is shaking his head and groaning, "Jezza you PILLOCK!"

Clarkson punches a producer, CO gets moved back to Los Gatos. Coincidence...?
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ...Oh, man... bring back Cryptic North.....
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I'd say the modeler could not be aware that there are separate meshes for male and female parts.

But as a modeler they knew it, working on these meshes...

So maybe they're not aware that these are might not be a texture gaps per se.

For me it looks like it may be also two parts mirrored not meeting perfectly after modeling. Then fixing textures again and again will have no effect. Check model meshes and see if that's the case.

Ok, but I think something is done to the female torso model, hence those bugs. Maybe some improvement.

But probably it shouldn't be pushed to live in small parts before testing.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm just curious why none of the Release Notes after 2/5/15 have gone to the Release Notes sub-forum at the top of the page?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    I'm just curious why none of the Release Notes after 2/5/15 have gone to the Release Notes sub-forum at the top of the page?

some of us have been wondering that since 02/12/15
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    missmaeheymmissmaeheym Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ah, Cryptic, you never fail to let me down....I left the game due to lack of content, and on a whim, decided to check back in and see what has happened in the months I have been gone...

Nothing of substance. As usual. Actually that's not really fair. You guys did manage to break the game even more than it was before I left.

It breaks my heart, really.

--Miss Mayhem, aka Sanction, aka WARHEAD, aka Blackstone
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hi May :smile:
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ok, now I want the inverted effect as an option on everything.

I am so wanting this to be a thing.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    yes, some of them are actually quite good. I think one of them makes a good alien tights.
    BUT
    let them finish fixing the problems, so they know what is doing it accidentally before getting them to do it deliberately.
    we could have the Serendipity tight set.
    and someone said the jackets are doing it.. time for more pictures
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2015
    hi May :smile:

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ello!!

<Puts on broken record>
    "Did you get all those Steel Crusade Unlocks....unlocks....unlocks..un...<needle skips off of record> BZZZRT!" :biggrin:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Knew there was a reason I unsubscribed months ago... after not playing for nearly a year...

Game still crap?... yup, still crap. But the crap is bigger now.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So, you haven't played for nearly a year. And you unsubscribed after that point.

And you're posting here now.

Are you having trouble letting go? Is this like one of those relationships where you call your significant other up months after the fact to remind him/her that you're still separated?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    So, you haven't played for nearly a year. And you unsubscribed after that point.

And you're posting here now.

Are you having trouble letting go? Is this like one of those relationships where you call your significant other up months after the fact to remind him/her that you're still separated?

No, it mostly steps from a lot of complicated personal and real-life issues interfering, among them being a move halfway across the country which was preceded by my father dying, and simply no longer having the spare money to afford to keep the sub I was maintaining mostly for the monthly stipend.

I wanted to come back, but my heart wasn't in it, and my wallet couldn't stay in it... and it seems there's not much improved enough to merit trying to get started again right now, despite the fact I once was such a huge fan of the game I wanted to get an LTS (but for financial reasons, couldn't justify dropping nearly $300 on a computer game - and this was back when the game was hugely popular and not full of bugs...).
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    and this was back when the game was ... not full of bugs...).

That must have been a very interesting day indeed.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    That must have been a very interesting day indeed.

Well, for me, it was the first several months after F2P hit, and the first couple weeks after the On Alert revamp.
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    Can we PLEASE fix the grad cap to work with beast heads??

While you're at it, how bout making optional adjustments for costume pieces that would fit for all Beast heads?
    Rather then being Bias with Humanoid Heads.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    rtma wrote: »
    While you're at it, how bout making optional adjustments for costume pieces that would fit for all Beast heads?
    Rather then being Bias with Humanoid Heads.

I Second That! ^

Beastheads have already Little-to-Zero costumization and they are all incredible Herpity-Derpity Ugly, allowing Hairstyles, head/eye/mouth accessories, hats & helmets would help actually giving them Variety

You know, breaking stupid limitation for the sake of creativity

AGAIN Cryptic North made all those new costume partsf available for all head types
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    avianos wrote: »
    I Second That! ^

Beastheads have already Little-to-Zero costumization and they are all incredible Herpity-Derpity Ugly, allowing Hairstyles, head/eye/mouth accessories, hats & helmets would help actually giving them Variety

You know, breaking stupid limitation for the sake of creativity

AGAIN Cryptic North made all those new costume partsf available for all head types

---And this is why you people continually see only costume updates rather than anything more substantial than that. You already have more character customization options than the next 6 games combined. Let it rest and give cry to the more demanding needs of the game: persistant, meaningful CONTENT. Open new areas, new challlenges, new stories.

And I say this as a person with a well-known penchant for being a complete costuming diva.

- Miss Mayhem (aka Sanction, aka WARHEAD, aka Blackstone, aka Mynx, aka Kinslayer)
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    *Snip*

I'm aware it has more customization then most other games but why can't they try/do both?

Bestial Characters have had a back seat for years and only having a few items that actually fit our heads while Humanoid characters have the majority win, is it too much to ask for some support?
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    rtma wrote: »
    I'm aware it has more customization then most other games but why can't they try/do both?

Bestial Characters have had a back seat for years and only having a few items that actually fit our heads while Humanoid characters have the majority win, is it too much to ask for some support?

When you're talking about a really small development studio....yes, it is.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    As I understand it(which could change on a moment's notice) the devs who would make this "persistant, meaningful CONTENT" and the "Costume Dev" are not one in the same. So, again unless I'm wrong on this, it should be possible to have both. Now..if I had to pick one of the two....it's totally the "persistant, meaningful CONTENT" purely because of the ratio of attention one has gotten vs. the other. Also, at this point, I'm pretty much 100+ too all dressed up and have a very limited amount of places to go and things to do.

Now, as for the "Anthro Community"....yeah, CN gave us many open options that may or may not have combined well with other options...but they left that up to the discretion of the user. Honestly, I'm cool with that but I also did multiple reports for the obvious omission of this level of options being provided to the Beastial and Robotic Limbs Catagories. I, personally, see this as unacceptable on the same level I do for the pointlessly gender specific items which aren't even remotely really gender specific issue. Hero, Demon, Dragon, Anthro, Robot, and/or whatever...More Options = More Options, and should be provided across the board at every given chance. It's kind of like those glass slippers which are male/female. I currently have no plans to use them on a male toon but I praise them for having that option...because I like options. Who knows, maybe someday that particular combination might be fitting for something I want to make. It could happen. ;)
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I don't think grad cap can be "fixed" to work with beast heads. The cap is designed to be on a human head. If it were suddenly available for all heads, most bestial heads would engulf the cap.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Would it work out on some of the "smaller" heads like the lizards and the VB ones? Also, while it might not look very "grad cap-ish" would they show up enough to allow for the basics of building other clip-fu designs? Thirdly, how hard would it really be to copy the item, make a Grad Cap(Beastial) and just move the bugger up a lil bit?
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    crosschan wrote: »
    As I understand it(which could change on a moment's notice) the devs who would make this "persistant, meaningful CONTENT" and the "Costume Dev" are not one in the same. So, again unless I'm wrong on this, it should be possible to have both. Now..if I had to pick one of the two....it's totally the "persistant, meaningful CONTENT" purely because of the ratio of attention one has gotten vs. the other. Also, at this point, I'm pretty much 100+ too all dressed up and have a very limited amount of places to go and things to do.

Now, as for the "Anthro Community"....yeah, CN gave us many open options that may or may not have combined well with other options...but they left that up to the discretion of the user. Honestly, I'm cool with that but I also did multiple reports for the obvious omission of this level of options being provided to the Beastial and Robotic Limbs Catagories. I, personally, see this as unacceptable on the same level I do for the pointlessly gender specific items which aren't even remotely really gender specific issue. Hero, Demon, Dragon, Anthro, Robot, and/or whatever...More Options = More Options, and should be provided across the board at every given chance. It's kind of like those glass slippers which are male/female. I currently have no plans to use them on a male toon but I praise them for having that option...because I like options. Who knows, maybe someday that particular combination might be fitting for something I want to make. It could happen. ;)

Essentially where I was going with my earlier comment, but said with your usual flair for eloquence and attention to detail. Thanks, CC :)

- Miss Mayhem (aka Sanction, aka WARHEAD, aka Blackstone, aka Mynx, aka Kinslayer)