What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20130824.12 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PTS - The Archive
This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 6pm PST, 10/2/2013

Greetings!

This patch continues our bug-fix drive. It also contains updates to the preview dodge changes that you saw in FC.31.20130824.10.

Release Notes:

Preview (these will not be part of the next live build):

• Field Surge: This power is no longer damaged when you try to break free from holds.

• Personal Force Field: This power is no longer damaged when you try to break free from holds.

• Lightning Reflexes: This power no longer grants Dodge Rating. This power now grants 30/40/50% more chance to dodge.

• Night Warrior: This power no longer grants Dodge Rating. This power now grants 10/15/20% more chance to dodge.

• Way of the Warrior: This power no longer grants Dodge Rating. This power now grants 15/20/25% more chance to dodge.

• *NEW POWER* Fluidity: This power is a block replacer. While active it increases your Dodge Chance and grants Avoidance Rating.

• *NEW ADVANTAGE* Flow like the River: If Fluidity is maintained for at least 2 seconds, its bonuses will decay over 10 seconds once you stop maintaining it. 3 Points.

• Quarry: This power now grants 10% base dodge and +5% base Avoidance per stack (down from 15% and 7.5% respectively). Additionally, the maximum bonus per stack of this power has been reduced to 20 per stack (down from 30).

• Targeting Computer: The Crit Chance and Severity bonus of this power now ranks up when the power does. 5/7.5/10% Crit Chance and 10/12.5/15% Critical Severity while locked on.

Costumes:

• Female characters now have access to a second Beast Leg variant. This variant was previously restricted to NPCs.

Other:

• Unity HQ: Fixed a hole in the ceiling of the teleporter room.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• Options
    cheesesloppycheesesloppy Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    See? They know what they are doing.

Though I wonder if LR's dodge chance is a bit too low, but, testing will decide that.
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Though I wonder if LR's dodge chance is a bit too low, but, testing will decide that.

Without gear, the minimum dodge chance of R3 LR will be sitting at 60%. I haven't used LR in forever, but that seems pretty darn good to me, considering what other stuff can be put over that.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Totally saw this coming. When this turns out all right in the end, I'm just going to laugh and laugh and laugh.

Wait... PFF doesn't get hurt by holds anymore? PUSH THIS BABY TO LIVE!

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    bluhman wrote: »
    Without gear, the minimum dodge chance of R3 LR will be sitting at 60%. I haven't used LR in forever, but that seems pretty darn good to me, considering what other stuff can be put over that.

Looks like EM will still be able to buff us to or near 100% dodge.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Exactly.

And this is for all of you that thought that Cryptic was going to leave Dodge as it was on the recent change:

!@$&^&& @#%$!@#!^ !@%&#!@$ !@!@# &^%*%^&@#$ $^ !@$! !@#!@# ^&%$@# !@#@! $%#@$%@.

There.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    tdits wrote: »
    Totally saw this coming. When this turns out all right in the end, I'm just going to laugh and laugh and laugh.

Except when people once again post that their Electric form, 50% dodge/Avoidance builds won't be 'viable' anymore.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Looks like EM will still be able to buff us to or near 100% dodge.

It'll be able to do it easier now, since LR doesn't soft cap Dodge Rating anymore. :D

Oh, wait. You meant Evasive Maneuvers, I was thinking Elusive Monk. Which should actually work with LR now that LR doesn't provide Dodge Rating.

• Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I like where this is going.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've yet to try this out, yet I am thinking this promising.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lordgar wrote: »

Costumes:

• Female characters now have access to a second Beast Leg variant. This variant was previously restricted to NPCs.

I was not aware there was a 2nd type of beast leg in this game.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    mensarmensar Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Looks like we're moving in the right direction.. slowly.

Gear bonuses were completely wiped out on the legion gear though (they have no affect from what I could see on PTS)

I see you're adjusting the dodge chances for defenses based on dodge, or rather putting them into a uniform calculation instead of "cryptic math". I can appreciate that.

What about the gear and mods though?

And, speaking of mods, when are R8 and R9 mods going to be fixed? R9s still only give 4 more stat boost than R7s on live. PTS seems to have a much more realistic boost for R9s. Is that coming over to live?

Thanks.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Evasive manoeuvres is giving to high a dodge bonus compared to a power like lightning reflexes. You can stack it for having about the same dodge chance bonus as r3 LR.

That one really needs to be lowered, and besides that, having a power that can be spammed for being invisible for half the time, is a little over the top.

If the numbers on EM stay the same, at least make the cooldown start after the buff ends.

And since it doesnt appear to be fixed in this build yet.
    Bug
    The bird wings on females are placed to far to the side, the float in the air when setting the size to max.
  • Options
    cptcooltasticcptcooltastic Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited October 2013

[*]*NEW POWER* Fluidity: This power is a block replacer. While active it increases your Dodge Chance and grants Avoidance Rating.

[*]*NEW ADVANTAGE* Flow like the River: If Fluidity is maintained for at least 2 seconds, its bonuses will decay over 10 seconds once you stop maintaining it. 3 Points.

I'm a little baffled by this one. Why do we need this exactly? We have Parry + Adv which does the exact same thing this New block is going to do(AND Parry only works with Melee which seems more balanced then this new block.)

Also, ranged builds can apply multiple stacks of Evasive Maneuvers for a significant increase in Dodge. This New Block Replacer sounds like a bit overkill to me. It will basically negate the nerf your doing to dodge and allow people to continue stacking high amounts.

Haven't tested this yet of course, this is just a first impression opinion.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,600 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Fluidity's actual benefits for those not able to get in the PTS for whatever the reason:

Grants bonus dodge chance (30/40/50%) and Avoidance (+300/400/500) per rank. These bonuses seem to be raw and add to dodge and avoidance directly.

Flow like the River is essentially a shield benefit that works like Telepathic's and Force's 1 point adv but with a much longer wait for it to be active and it costs more. Where's the balance of having to pay 3 points AND wait 2 seconds for it to have its lingering effect that becomes less effective per second? I'd rather take Parry because that at least works automatically and even when my block is disabled.

Quarry still grants its original points per stack and hasn't been lowered to 20 maximum per stack.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I'm a little baffled by this one. Why do we need this exactly? We have Parry + Adv which does the exact same thing this New block is going to do(AND Parry only works with Melee which seems more balanced then this new block.)

Also, ranged builds can apply multiple stacks of Evasive Maneuvers for a significant increase in Dodge. This New Block Replacer sounds like a bit overkill to me. It will basically negate the nerf your doing to dodge and allow people to continue stacking high amounts.

Haven't tested this yet of course, this is just a first impression opinion.

The lingering effect seems like it should be a smaller bonus than Elusive Monk, and since it seems to give +Dodge/Avoid in lieu of increased block resistance, that makes it a bit novel. I can see this being balancable, and more variety is always nice.

• Options
    sagewithbubblessagewithbubbles Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Called it, going to flat dodge % on LR.

:biggrin:

These are a lot more promising, so far.

The user formerly known as Dr. Sage.
    This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 6pm PST, 10/2/2013

Greetings!

This patch continues our bug-fix drive. It also contains updates to the preview dodge changes that you saw in FC.31.20130824.10.

Release Notes:

Preview (these will not be part of the next live build):

• Field Surge: This power is no longer damaged when you try to break free from holds.

• Personal Force Field: This power is no longer damaged when you try to break free from holds.

• Lightning Reflexes: This power no longer grants Dodge Rating. This power now grants 30/40/50% more chance to dodge.

• Night Warrior: This power no longer grants Dodge Rating. This power now grants 10/15/20% more chance to dodge.

• Way of the Warrior: This power no longer grants Dodge Rating. This power now grants 15/20/25% more chance to dodge.

• *NEW POWER* Fluidity: This power is a block replacer. While active it increases your Dodge Chance and grants Avoidance Rating.

• *NEW ADVANTAGE* Flow like the River: If Fluidity is maintained for at least 2 seconds, its bonuses will decay over 10 seconds once you stop maintaining it. 3 Points.

• Quarry: This power now grants 10% base dodge and +5% base Avoidance per stack (down from 15% and 7.5% respectively). Additionally, the maximum bonus per stack of this power has been reduced to 20 per stack (down from 30).

• Targeting Computer: The Crit Chance and Severity bonus of this power now ranks up when the power does. 5/7.5/10% Crit Chance and 10/12.5/15% Critical Severity while locked on.

nightr0d wrote: »
    IMO they should not really need to nerf anything. Simply implement a stricter cap for dodge/avoidance rating.

Regarding LR, the problem is that it works on the dodge/avoidance rating scale. Why not make LR work like Quarry ie. give a flat %dodge/avoidance boost which is higher than Quarry's obviously. This will make it easier to balance this passive compared to it's current implementation.

This way you only need to adjust how dodge/avoidance rating is going to scale while removing their impact on LR (in terms of how LR scales).

Called it :cool:

Wait a sec.....is that Querry R1? I hope the dodge/avoidance still scales with rank. Oh and going from 30 to 20 is way too much of a nerf. That's a 30 stat point loss for both INT and EGO. Let's not overnerf things ok.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Called it, going to flat dodge % on LR.

:biggrin:

These are a lot more promising, so far.

They also went to flat dodge percent on WotW and Night Warrior, which might actually boost their dodge effectiveness even after the rating curve nerf. And will certainly help all the dodge passives at low level. :D

Unstoppable might be in need of a buff to it's damage absorb soon. >_>

• Options
    kinarikairikinarikairi Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Whiner about viable offensive builds reporting in.
    I really hope you aren't killing dodge gear as much as it seemed. Quarry/WotW/NW all still have a fair chance of survival now at least, but I have some characters that use different passives (Electric Form, Fiery Form, etc). These aren't builds I can just change to add some block power in to make more survivable, much less waste 3 adv points on it, and I really don't want to rely on a healer through everything.
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Where's the balance of having to pay 3 points AND wait 2 seconds for it to have its lingering effect that becomes less effective per second? I'd rather take Parry because that at least works automatically and even when my block is disabled.

While I won't say it's perfect at the moment, I do see this likely being useful for non-melee characters.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I dont know if the dodge ratings are working correctly on this build. But it still seems really really low.

Just some quick estimates:
    having one heroic agility item with a dodge mod will get me to 14.3% chance and 55% avoidance.

Since the damage reduction on dodge does not interact with other damage resistance we can just say the overall average damage reduction is 0.55*0.143=7.8%

This compared to the default dodge chance 0.1*0.2=2%
    So we get 5.8% less damage by having that gear.

Now if we go for defense gear, you get 24% damage resistance from 100 defense, of course that one is affected by DR but still, the first 100% has an average of 1% damage reduction for every 2% damage resistance.
    So not using a defense passive, and nmot having more then 100% damage resistance, we can say you need 100*5.8/24=25 defense to get the same damage resistance.

I have one rank6 impact mod in my inventory, that gives 18, to be fair I would also switch to a defensive primary with a higher defense stat, giving another 20 extra defense.

And on top of that there are a LOT of specs that make those defense points even higher, and then of course the 'best defense'/'agressive stance' specs. That make things even worse, plus, with the offense changes, now adding a significant bonus to damage too.

And this is not even counting that one is chance based and the other always works.
    So that dodge chance from dodge rating really needs to be much higher then what it is now on PTS.
  • Options
    nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    kallethen wrote: »
    While I won't say it's perfect at the moment, I do see this likely being useful for non-melee characters.

I think it would be better to go for 2 points instead of 3 considering the bonus diminishes over time. Decreasing the time from 2s to 1s could make it OP though.
  • Options
    gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited October 2013

[*]Targeting Computer: The Crit Chance and Severity bonus of this power now ranks up when the power does. 5/7.5/10% Crit Chance and 10/12.5/15% Critical Severity while locked on.
    [/LIST]

Neat!!

But one of the reasons no one loves TC is it takes to **** long to lock on.

Since you really need to make fights short on an offensive passive, you generally don't use the lock on feature unless it's a boss.

So it's kind of wasted except for teaming on big bosses or well... okay if you want to live you need to burn the boss down fast, Lock on Does help there.

I get the lock on idea, but you lock on ~before~ you attack

We need some way to lock on before we go in...

Something that's not a big pain to use.

I'll ponder that for a bit.

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    somebob wrote: »
    Exactly.

And this is for all of you that thought that Cryptic was going to leave Dodge as it was on the recent change:

!@$&^&& @#%$!@#!^ !@%&#!@$ !@!@# &^%*%^&@#$ $^ !@$! !@#!@# ^&%$@# !@#@! $%#@$%@.

There.

For all you know this was in mind of our feedback;

Sorry there's every chance both crowds were right and the Devs listened

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Targeting Computer feels like it should be a TOGGLE, not a passive.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    variatasvariatas Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The Nerf to the stats on Audacity stacks seems pretty harsh. They're good, sure, but it also has a substantially lower +damage% boost than other powers. As for "But it can be used with almost anything!" complaints: THAT'S FINE. Offensive Passives in particular are often way too specific to a single powerset (Congress of Selves, Pestilence, Kinetic Manipulation). And Quarry pretty much demands two of your Super Stats be Int and Ego to work, so it's narrow in a different way.
  • Options
    sagewithbubblessagewithbubbles Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Neat!!

But one of the reasons no one loves TC is it takes to **** long to lock on.

Since you really need to make fights short on an offensive passive, you generally don't use the lock on feature unless it's a boss.

So it's kind of wasted except for teaming on big bosses or well... okay if you want to live you need to burn the boss down fast, Lock on Does help there.

I get the lock on idea, but you lock on ~before~ you attack

We need some way to lock on before we go in...

Something that's not a big pain to use.

I'll ponder that for a bit.

Lock should start on target, not attack. It'd work with tab-targeting, and I think it could work with the FPS-style controls too (just aim at whatever you want to target).

Seems to thematically make sense, as it's literally called "Targeting Computer".

I've never understood why it didn't work like that.

As for the offensive passives complaint...I'm having a very hard time ignoring that people used Offensive Passives since launch without the benefit of spec trees, free superstat allocation or baked-in offense/defense on gear.

Maybe go with the "boost base defense on gear" idea I threw out in the other thread.

Also, giving all three superstats earlier in progression would help with difficulties in leveling for those new to the game.

The user formerly known as Dr. Sage.
    Lock should start on target, not attack. It'd work with tab-targeting, and I think it could work with the FPS-style controls too (just aim at whatever you want to target).

Seems to thematically make sense, as it's literally called "Targeting Computer".

I've never understood why it didn't work like that.

As for the offensive passives complaint...I'm having a very hard time ignoring that people used Offensive Passives since launch without the benefit of spec trees, free superstat allocation or baked-in offense/defense on gear.

Maybe go with the "boost base defense on gear" idea I threw out in the other thread.

Also, giving all three superstats earlier in progression would help with difficulties in leveling for those new to the game.

It's not a complain about Off Pass per se, it's just an observation of how you use them; i.e. wipe out henchmen and burn down tougher stuff before it kills you.

That's not complaining, that's tactics.

Anyway..

Yea it'd be nice if there was some way to get lock on to work before you attacked.

Maybe like Night warrior?

Lock on: Targeting Computer grants a bonus to Critical Severity and Critical Chance [insert scale here], once in combat the Lock On fades over 3 seconds.

Lock On stacks once per rank of TC and refresh out of combat 1 per 5 seconds, up to 3 at rank 3

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    rebelscum58rebelscum58 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    All look like good changes to me, for whatever that's worth. The only thing I'd suggest in addition is change the Elusive Monk advantage on Parry to grant flat dodge chance since it is I believe now the only power in the game still granting dodge rating which makes me wonder if it just got forgotten about.

Regardless of that though, going by what seems to be the current design philosophy it should be granting flat dodge chance like every other power that affects dodge. As it is currently it seems wrong. It's like if one (and only one) of all the various powers that buff damage resistance just randomly gave defense instead.

As it is currently, the intention seems to be that powers buff dodge chance and damage resistance directly while gear grants a minor buff to the same via dodge rating and defense. Parry w/ Elusive Monk is currently an exception to that intention, and it shouldn't be.

So I suggest this: Change Elusive Monk to grant dodge chance instead of rating. Simple, no? Make it less than the buff Fluidity gives, with or without advantage. Because with Fluidity you have to activate the block for two seconds thus reducing your damage output, so you should get a better defensive return from it.

Alternate suggestion: Scrap the current advantage on Fluidity and move Elusive Monk to there, as a flat bonus of course but otherwise functioning as it does now. Or keep the current one as well and just have a choice of advantages because more choice is always better at least from the players' perspective. Then make Parry's advantage give damage resistance instead, effectively a copy of the Laser Knight advantage on Energy Shield. It's a bit more complicated but this is honestly the solution I'd prefer. One block power that's wholely for dodge based builds, and one that's for other builds.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    All look like good changes to me, for whatever that's worth. The only thing I'd suggest in addition is change the Elusive Monk advantage on Parry to grant flat dodge chance since it is I believe now the only power in the game still granting dodge rating which makes me wonder if it just got forgotten about.

Regardless of that though, going by what seems to be the current design philosophy it should be granting flat dodge chance like every other power that affects dodge. As it is currently it seems wrong. It's like if one (and only one) of all the various powers that buff damage resistance just randomly gave defense instead.

As it is currently, the intention seems to be that powers buff dodge chance and damage resistance directly while gear grants a minor buff to the same via dodge rating and defense. Parry w/ Elusive Monk is currently an exception to that intention, and it shouldn't be.

Agree 100% with this.
    So I suggest this: Change Elusive Monk to grant dodge chance instead of rating. Simple, no? Make it less than the buff Fluidity gives, with or without advantage. Because with Fluidity you have to activate the block for two seconds thus reducing your damage output, so you should get a better defensive return from it.

Alternate suggestion: Scrap the current advantage on Fluidity and move Elusive Monk to there, as a flat bonus of course but otherwise functioning as it does now. Or keep the current one as well and just have a choice of advantages because more choice is always better at least from the players' perspective. Then make Parry's advantage give damage resistance instead, effectively a copy of the Laser Knight advantage on Energy Shield. It's a bit more complicated but this is honestly the solution I'd prefer. One block power that's wholely for dodge based builds, and one that's for other builds.

Diagree 100% with all of this.

Damage Mitigating buffs from blocks should ALWAYS be higher when they are Melee only. Melee is suppose to have better damage mitigation over Ranged because they end up enduring more damage. Ranged players take less damage because they can stay at a distance. So allowing Ranged players to have better mitigation doesn't make sense.

Adding Damage Resistance as Parry's Advantage doesn't make any sense thematically for the power. Not to mention having two blocks that offer the exact same Advantage would be absolutely pointless.

To the Devs, I see Fluidity becoming a power that will hardly ever be taken as it will be pretty much useless in PvP. Having to hold the block for 2 seconds before the advantage takes effect will make it EXTREMELY easy for players with Crippling Challenge to interrupt it. I know I often have to be quick to apply Force Sheath(and similar buffs) in a match before my block becomes disabled again. And the fact that the buffs percentage gradually lowers is just another reason why I don't think many would use it. Not when ALL other buffs are steady for the full duration.

Fluidity's Adv needs to be the Dodging equivalent to Telekinetic Shield's Resistance buff Adv.

EDIT: Although, maybe the idea is to not have this new block be able to be used in PvP. It sounds like it will be as PvE focused as Ebon Voids Adv. If so, then I guess it should have a higher Dodge/Avoidance than Elusive Monk. Yes I realize I just contradicted myself.

*shrug* I dunno anymore. This thing kind of came out of left field. I'm not sure what to think about it. LoL
  • Options
    monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Are you guys serious? High-fiving each other over the total destruction of the gear and mods people have paid good money for just because some powers get tweaked???

I'll call something -- if you accept this then all new gear is going to be in Lockboxes, will get nerfed again, rinse and repeat. All player should be renamed cows for the milking we're all going to get.
  • Options
    sinistro1978sinistro1978 Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm confused. Is this thing on PTS yet? My lvl 40 character with Quarry rank 3 and Legion's Agility (2 Gambler 9s) is still sporting 30% dodge. :frown:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mergallenfurmergallenfur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    WOTW is still listing at only +20% Dodge at Rank 3, instead of the +25% mentioned in the patch notes. Might need to fix that.
  • Options
    megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Rember there is going to be more fixes to this comeing soon. So test and then if we can get ahold of one of the devs....try to shove it down their throught that this stuff better stay out of the lockboxes...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    [*]*NEW POWER* Fluidity: This power is a block replacer. While active it increases your Dodge Chance and grants Avoidance Rating.

[*]*NEW ADVANTAGE* Flow like the River: If Fluidity is maintained for at least 2 seconds, its bonuses will decay over 10 seconds once you stop maintaining it. 3 Points.

*cough*

Start to the NEW Water Set!?!

*cough*

:tongue:
  • Options
    mensarmensar Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm confused. Is this thing on PTS yet? My lvl 40 character with Quarry rank 3 and Legion's Agility (2 Gambler 9s) is still sporting 30% dodge. :frown:

Oh it's definitely on PTS.

WHen I go on PTS my dodge drops from 59 to 18, Avoid drops from 70 to 50, crit drops from 60 to 45...

But when I put my R9 mods into the new underpowered justice gear.. I get back up to 51 crit.. but my dodge and avoid doesn't budge even with hundreds of points in dodge mods, dodge gear, etc.

Of course, that's also because the R9s on PTS seem to be fixed as they give 99 boost each vs. 66 on live.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • Options
    monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Yes, it's on PTS. And BEFORE this patch your dodge was 35.9%. This PATCH took away another 6%!!! Plus you lost some Avoidance and 30 INT/EGO. Sound good to you? Or make you salivate more for Justice Gear in lockboxes???

And yeah, 285 Dodge rating still nets you a whopping 7.9% dodge.
  • Options
    secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited October 2013

somebob wrote: »
    Exactly.

There.

First. Why is it so hard to believe that the driving force behind these changes are the need to improve zen sales so people open more boxes for the upcoming gear?

Second. If not for the backlash after seeing the original changes, what makes you so sure that those numbers wouldn't be far off what hit live? Before on-alert hit, it was still in need of major adjustments but it was pushed to live to hit a deadline.

Third. I get that this game is supported almost exclusively off the zen sales buying keys. I don't even mind that the only way for the top tier gear to drop requires someone gambling on a lockbox. I do mind that the gear I spent so much time and effort on is suddenly taking a huge hit to effectiveness in order to make way for new gear.

Why buy new gear if its highly likely to lose a lot of its effectiveness when that's the entire reason you pay the premium for it in the first place?

Why bother continuously upgrading your characters if the content remains the same? I'm well over several thousand alerts. I have yet to see a new zone since 2011. I saw at least 2 in less than 2 years of CoH. MMOs are repetitive, but within reason.

Adjusting the passives to flat chance is great, but also a simple fix. I believe the majority of us are more concerned about how it affects our existing equipment. I've spent the majority of my time since I got back re-gearing my alts with legion. It was bad enough when I left the first time after having my prototype jets nerfed to a fraction of their original performance. If I came back just for all that time to be wasted, I won't be back again.

My departure will be next to meaningless. But just ask yourselves how many people have invested in legion gear, and how said people will react when their expensive gear they acquired deflates in value dramatically?

Lastly, if we need to see a change, I would rather we get rid of avoidance completely and simply dodge the attack completely like the name suggests. That way you could tone the dodge chance dramatically and eliminate a calculation completely, which should also help on the server load. After all, when you dodge a bullet, it's assumed that bullet (metaphorically or otherwise) missed completely.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Yes, it's on PTS. And BEFORE this patch your dodge was 35.9%. This PATCH took away another 6%!!! Plus you lost some Avoidance and 30 INT/EGO. Sound good to you? Or make you salivate more for Justice Gear in lockboxes???

And yeah, 285 Dodge rating still nets you a whopping 7.9% dodge.

On live I have 74% dodge. I know the first preview patch I was around 36%. After reading some of the first few posts on this thread, I thought the devs had come to their senses. Now I'm down to 30%. Guess those posters were celebrating dodge builds becoming even more craptacular.

You know, after seeing my Heavy Weapons character be nerfed last year with the On Alert changes, I adapted and explored other builds. The problem I have this time with change is that the investment was far greater this time around. I don't think I'm up to exploring and investing again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well, can't say I'm to thrilled at the idea of losing so much Dodge Chance from my gear. You know, that gear/mods lots of players payed for?

Also, the DEX spec tree skills of Evasion and Quick Reflexes is even worse off now. I'm guessing the same is true of the CON spec tree skill for +Dodge based on DEX stat.

I really don't mind having to retcon over to LR from Quarry for the best Dodge/Avoidance. It's what I originally used untill I realized "Oh hey...not much of a difference in survival but big difference in damage" ...but I don't think it's fair to the players to screw over the gear/mods, not with how you (Cryptic and/or PWE or both!) decided the F2P format would be...buy gear!

Though with current gear/mods...Only lost about 2% Dodge Chance from using LR on Live and PTS.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Just to reiterate.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    joybuzzerx wrote: »
    Well, can't say I'm to thrilled at the idea of losing so much Dodge Chance from my gear. You know, that gear/mods lots of players payed for?

Also, the DEX spec tree skills of Evasion and Quick Reflexes is even worse off now. I'm guessing the same is true of the CON spec tree skill for +Dodge based on DEX stat.

I really don't mind having to retcon over to LR from Quarry for the best Dodge/Avoidance. It's what I originally used untill I realized "Oh hey...not much of a difference in survival but big difference in damage" ...but I don't think it's fair to the players to screw over the gear/mods, not with how you (Cryptic and/or PWE or both!) decided the F2P format would be...buy gear!

Though with current gear/mods...Only lost about 2% Dodge Chance from using LR on Live and PTS.

I'm all for LR being the best at what it does (dodge and avoidance), but at the expense of buffing it, not this rubbish we're getting that nerfs some of the passives chance by over half.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You are overlooking EM which will cause a very big problem.

For example with this new gear it is fairly possible to keep up to 2 EM stacks at once, this means it is possible to be at 100% dodge chance 24/7 before even using the new type of block.

Is it possible if you could look into changing some of the dodge that this ability gives? Just lowering it slightly will balance things up massively with these changes.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Just to reiterate.

And as you can see, the same issues still pop up. I sure see more negative feedback than positive. Concerns will exist till they're addressed. If they fail to be addressed inadequately, it will be you laughing at an empty server =P
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    You are overlooking EM which will cause a very big problem.

For example with this new gear it is fairly possible to keep up to 2 EM stacks at once, this means it is possible to be at 100% dodge chance 24/7 before even using the new type of block.

Is it possible if you could look into changing some of the dodge that this ability gives? Just lowering it slightly will balance things up massively with these changes.

Doublestacking EM isn't hard, but is only for a limited duration. You still have to wait for the cd and then the double stack only lasts as long as the first one does. You're basically just looking at a few seconds of doublestack unless you plan on pressing it right off cd, which will kill damage output and extend fights regardless......
  • Options
    variatasvariatas Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Crashing Wave Kick's advantage (Subtlety of the Tides) needs to be updated to flat Dodge % too if that's to be the way Powers apply Dodge, as does Strafe's advantage (Aversion).

Someone can correct me if this has been changed, but doesn't Dodge scale with activation time? So 100% dodge is actually only 50% against maintains (like henchmen use) and 50% is 100% against Shtick attacks and charges. I've never been able to find confirmation that it's been changed, and there are loading screen tips and other things that still say that's how it works. (Though those being out of date would not surprise.)