What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

when are we getting new open worlds?

12346»

Comments

• vikaernesvikaernes Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    If you dont like Champions why do you play?

You can ask that very same question to dozens of other disgruntled folk and you will get the same answer I will give. If you live in a ****hole town with no maintenance, no police and no commerce coming in, you might still enjoy the company of your neighbors. I still interact with the RP community here, every day, but it's not enough of a reason to log in, play the game and spend money on the game regularly. I want reasons to do that.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    vikaernes wrote: »
    You can ask that very same question to dozens of other disgruntled folk and you will get the same answer I will give. If you live in a ****hole town with no maintenance, no police and no commerce coming in, you might still enjoy the company of your neighbors. I still interact with the RP community here, every day, but it's not enough of a reason to log in, play the game and spend money on the game regularly. I want reasons to do that.

Ahh the Role play community here yeah they are a nice lot ^__^
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What? Getting the new two 5k kill Perks in a 2 new missions isn't fun?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    vikaernes wrote: »
    Cool story, I'm just gonna go and read the TSW director's letter for July, again, the one they get every month there, detailing with near complete transparency their roadmap for every update packed full of awesome stuff to devour. How are those UNTIL reports working out for us by the way? Hey what's up Cryptic North, it's so awesome to hear from you so often, looking foreward to that new massive open world zone you got coming out, just to keep this thread on Tra--

Oh wait, sorry that's TSW. My bad.

Ouch.

TSW still isn't superheroes, though.

*Sigh.* The choices we're forced to meet in today's market. :frown:
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ouch.

Ohhhh NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

:biggrin:
    biffsig.jpg
    edited August 2013
    Ohhhh NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

:biggrin:

Yeah, I know, that argument has been had before. It still doesn't change the fact that I'm right. :cool:
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ouch.

I'm enjoying it. It has no mentalists or might.. but I enjoy the modern lore.
    edited August 2013
    I think to clear up the superhero bit, it's a matter of perception there, not so much a matter of fact, as it is in CO.

In TSW your employers, the factions do not view you as superheroes, they view you as kogs in a wheel, tools, members of an army, etc. People in the outside world? They definitely view the players as nothing short of superheroes, in many instances.
    edited August 2013
    That's just the in game characters drawing upon pop culture reference. Superheroes are a very specific character type which TSW does not have.
  • alexofspades#2085 alexofspades Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    OP wrote:
    when are we getting new open worlds?

Never.

NEXT!
    ERgLqqC.png
    edited August 2013
    I think you're absolutely right, personally. From the point of someone who likes and plays the game, going by the strictest definition I do not think they classify as superheroes, nor should this be seen as an alternative if you're looking for a superhero game. Now, if you're looking for an alternative to a modern day MMO, which CO is, it definitely fits the bill.
    edited August 2013
    Which I'm not. I enjoy gamma rays and alien invasions too much to consider other urban settings.
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    TSW was one of the best two month games I've ever played, though it made me feel very very stupid. (Effin morse code!!)

I like modern weird games.

Unfortunately the core of the game is mostly about tinkering with builds and build strategies, and it turns into a rather typical holy trinity grind game at the end.

But, man. Cutscenes orders of magnitude better than any other mmo, and the starter zombie area still makes me giggle.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?