test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

when are we getting new open worlds?

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You know what's giving me a chuckle lately?

Nobody puts any credence in the idea of recompense for the recent subscription snafu. Nobody believes plans for the long-rumored MOOON ZOOOONE!! are still in effect. There are people who doubt the existence of Cryptic North, even though it was prominently mentioned in a relatively recent interview.

But let there be one passing reference, over a year back, to some "secret project" that was never mentioned again, and suddenly that thing is reality, and it's going to kill our game and destroy our computers and leave us all homeless.

You don't believe the plans they announce, but you believe in Game Project X. That's genuinely funny, right there.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The project is on their website and on Brad's linked-in profile.

I believe in the gospel as it has been scribed upon the internet, the force that binds us all.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is my game, I paid some where around a $200 developer seat, the way its turning out.

Do you know the returns on those lockboxes? Why do they keep making them?
    I tried one once and had a terrible 'rush', maybe like the first time I played video games as a kid. I'm too old for that smack.

I don't get any of this.

As far as the lockboxes, I think Turtle mentioned that they sell better than anything else, and that's why they keep making them.
    biffsig.jpg
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, of course gambling makes money. It's gambling.

It's designed to punch our monkey brain hard in the most immediate shocking way possible until internet sex peripherals become common.

I find it loathsome in a game. I don't think lots of preteens and kids should be playing these games, and I think they are probably borderline illegal in many places if anyone ever paid attention.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Whoa whoa you slipped back into absolutes and ignoring the facts.

The irony of this statement amuses me.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    You know what's giving me a chuckle lately?

Nobody puts any credence in the idea of recompense for the recent subscription snafu. Nobody believes plans for the long-rumored MOOON ZOOOONE!! are still in effect. There are people who doubt the existence of Cryptic North, even though it was prominently mentioned in a relatively recent interview.

But let there be one passing reference, over a year back, to some "secret project" that was never mentioned again, and suddenly that thing is reality, and it's going to kill our game and destroy our computers and leave us all homeless.

You don't believe the plans they announce, but you believe in Game Project X. That's genuinely funny, right there.

I don't believe anything until I can que for it in-game.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
    edited July 2013
    This is my game, I paid some where around a $200 developer seat, the way its turning out.

Do you know the returns on those lockboxes? Why do they keep making them?
    I tried one once and had a terrible 'rush', maybe like the first time I played video games as a kid. I'm too old for that smack.

I'm starting to understand your posts now. Not in the way you think they should be understood of course.

• sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not true. They've been working all along while they thinned out.

So they've opened a fancy 3rd restaurant, made major renovations to their 2nd, and the 1st... well, the dining room is getting musty, half the menu is never prepared right, and they're screwed as soon as a health inspector shows up, but they still make the best klav kalash & crab juice in town.
    How many changes can they implement/break the game with/make players mad at
    and still work on the next thing at a time is a matter of money.
    Money that isn't coming into their pocket at profitable rate to be a motivation to spend it.
    It can't be just a lifetime sub here and there, it needs to be at least two dozen or more lifetime subs a day.

Considerations they should have been making all along while allowing STO and NW to poach resources. Let's not act like some sci-fi plot device erased Jack's memory of everything Cryptic management has decided between July 2012 and June 2013, and he's just re-discovered the state of CO.
    Really whats the point of the poor bastards doing anything for a crowd that constantly ignores every bit of work to date.
    They may as well do it at their own pace and for their own fun to be working.
    "Hey I had a crazy idea for Champions last night while eating my Wheaties welfare dinner"
    "Oh yeah Stoke's, what was that?"
    "What if...ok don't laugh. What if players paaaaaid, man."
    "hahahha

Let's not act like some sci-fi plot device erased our memory of everything we've been screaming about between July 2012 and June 2013, and we've just re-discovered the state of CO.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
    edited July 2013
    I don't get any of this.

Simon, set the way back machine for the 90s:

I'm working at OCS being a hot shot computer guru.
    I stay late every night with high hopes of buying myself gear and setting up my own operation.
    Then the day crew turns me on to lunch time battles in Bungie Marathon over ethernet and
    then AOL dialup lead us to map and physics editing tools. The result being that while I'm printing
    miles of files to film I was also making Champions On LAN for PowerMacintosh, on over time.
    Oh Hells yeah.
    You know that Ball Lightning thing? I had that as an attack back in '96.
    Exploding stationary sigil thing? I had stationary grenades at eye level, boom!
    Flying and Acrobatics? I was living the low gravity vida loca!

This game is a game I would make if I had a crew to make it, and someone else's money to burn.
    Forum suggestion to game creation process is nothing new to me.
    I never once saw my game developing partner face to face
    I observe, over think things, and I make comments and some decent suggestions that they implement.
    That's game development collaboration in a nutshell.

You are responsible for flag speed and the terrible morale in the forums.
    This is your game to.
    edited July 2013

I stay late every night with high hopes of buying myself gear and setting up my own operation.
    Then the day crew turns me on to lunch time battles in Bungie Marathon over ethernet and
    then AOL dialup lead us to map and physics editing tools. The result being that while I'm printing
    miles of files to film I was also making Champions On LAN for PowerMacintosh, on over time.
    Oh Hells yeah.

This game is a game I would make if I had a crew to make it, and someone else's money to burn.
    Forum suggestion to game creation process is nothing to me.
    I observe, over think things, and I make comments and some decent suggestions that they implement.

This is your game to.

Bold claims, nothing to back it up.

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You are responsible for flag speed..
    I am? Well, at least I've done something to be proud of in this life, besides my kids...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    edited July 2013
    You can go digging through the forums for PTS threads and long
    winded rants from 'archived post' to prove or disprove the validity of these things.

I'm certainly not going to go looking for a ZIP100 disk, PowerMacintosh, and
    copy of Marathon to get a PICT file and prove the 90s part of the story to you.
    You know why? That's another story and a good one, glad you asked.

I gave that ZIP100 disk to Bungie's Jason Jones at E3 in Atlanta in 1998. It had a virus on it.

How many Macintosh ZIP100 disks with a virus do you think Jason Jones was
    handed by long haired hippy wannabe game devs at E3 in Atlanta 1998?
    You find him and you ask him what was on that disk.

Well actually I'll tell you cause this is interesting to.
    The game on that disk starts with flying Lovecraftian horrors that look like the Qularr with void powers.

The initial goal of your soldier guy on deck was 'to activate personnel and computers 'just like 'meet the npcs' but for activating weapons systems and teams to save this situation from this stormy grim invasion like Sky Command.

This was all just basic Marathon game mechanics, I was working with what I had and changing
    up the plot and scary monsters. Marathon I starts pretty much the same actually but in space.

Then there was something about changing bodies completely by weird soul transference mystical science that propelled the player along the plot line taking them to other worlds and dimensions like Pluto, the moon, and abysmal outre planes.

Mostly this was coloring everything with Lovecraft because back then games hadn't ruined the genre yet.
    I think the character's brain was stored in a jar at some point to allow all this body hopping.
    Of course Marathon took us to distant worlds and used all kinds of teleport gimmicks, the cosmos was wide open.

That night getting drunk by my pool and writing this game it all sounded so great.

Does any of that sound familiar Cryptic?
    The drunk at the pool thinking "This is the best idea ever!", maybe?

In three days I made a functioning applcation that nobody else made during
    the many years Cryptic's demo_record file format has been around.
    I also revealed the decimated populations of the supers groups most users were ignorant of.
    There's my shining ring of truth.

What is your function?

Are you a user? Users, users, users...
    jonsills wrote: »
    I am? Well, at least I've done something to be proud of in this life, besides my kids...

That was for Smackwell. You still have your moment to shine.
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You can go digging through the forums for PTS threads and long
    winded rants from 'archived post' to prove or disprove the validity of these things.

I'm certainly not going to go looking for a ZIP100 disk, PowerMacintosh, and
    copy of Marathon to get a PICT file and prove the 90s part of the story to you.
    You know why? That's another story and a good one, glad you asked.

I gave that ZIP100 disk to Bungie's Jason Jones at E3 in Atlanta in 1998. It had a virus on it.

How many Macintosh ZIP100 disks with a virus do you think Jason Jones was
    handed by long haired hippy wannabe game devs at E3 in Atlanta 1998?
    You find him and you ask him what was on that disk.

Well actually I'll tell you cause this is interesting to.
    The game on that disk starts with flying Lovecraftian horrors that look like the Qularr with void powers.

The initial goal of your soldier guy on deck was 'to activate personnel and computers 'just like 'meet the npcs' but for activating weapons systems and teams to save this situation from this stormy grim invasion like Sky Command.

This was all just basic Marathon game mechanics, I was working with what I had and changing
    up the plot and scary monsters. Marathon I starts pretty much the same actually but in space.

Then there was something about changing bodies completely by weird soul transference mystical science that propelled the player along the plot line taking them to other worlds and dimensions like Pluto, the moon, and abysmal outre planes.

Mostly this was coloring everything with Lovecraft because back then games hadn't ruined the genre yet.
    I think the character's brain was stored in a jar at some point to allow all this body hopping.
    Of course Marathon took us to distant worlds and used all kinds of teleport gimmicks, the cosmos was wide open.

That night getting drunk by my pool and writing this game it all sounded so great.

Does any of that sound familiar Cryptic?
    The drunk at the pool thinking "This is the best idea ever!", maybe?

In three days I made a functioning applcation that nobody else made during
    the many years Cryptic's demo_record file format has been around.
    I also revealed the decimated populations of the supers groups most users were ignorant of.
    There's my shining ring of truth.

What is your function?

Are you a user? Users, users, users...

Well this thread has certainly been derailed enough.

Back to the OP, Never, we will never get new zones.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
    edited July 2013

Oh Hells yeah.

Forum suggestion to game creation process is nothing new to me.

This is your game to.

Oh I see. You're a "game developer."

Marathon was great. Using Forge and/or Anvil (forget which one was what) I turned the flamethrower into a jetpack. It was a little wonky because you had to look at the direction you wanted to fly in. But hey, for a game that didn't even allow you to jump, it was pretty boss.

PS - You're going to have to try a lot harder to try and get under my skin.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited July 2013
    [...]

Wait, that was SMACKWELL?!?!?

Smackwell, I love you, you're the greatest thing since smoked meat! Come here and let me dog at you!
    tumblr_m8gcp1zjMg1r91p6ro1_500.gif
    FOR AMERICA!
    2011_08_03+guile_capAmerica.jpg

edited July 2013
    I'm beginning to suspect that Nextname is a mentally disturbed individual and that it's mean of us to make fun of him.
    edited July 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

Wait, that was SMACKWELL?!?!?

Smackwell, I love you, you're the greatest thing since smoked meat! Come here and let me dog at you!

FOR AMERICA!

Haha yeah. I had been playing an America-themed hero for a while that had Acrobatics, and at some point the idea popped into my head. So I was messing around in Photoshop one day and decided to do a mockup of what it might look like. Fast forward to like, June of 2012. There were some people talking to Crush and Splosions about some stuff they wanted to see in the game, and I put up the mockup I made. Splosions liked it and asked if he could make it, and I was like 'MURICA!

And then it ruined the game according to Next. :biggrin:

Edit: Correction, not Acrobatics. Athletics. I was finally using the power because they finally made it not look like Naruto. BELIEVE IT!
    biffsig.jpg
  • akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Guile and Captain America....where the heck is Bandit Keith?
    edited July 2013

Obviously not in AMERICA! :mad:

• rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited July 2013

In Canada

which apparently needs to be a few letters longer.
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Bold claims, nothing to back it up.
    I have had enough cough syrup to get what he is talking about(i thnk) and its not as flat out arrogant as it looks. f im reading right he was just basically saying that in a good game development it is a collaborative effort. good suggestions can strengthen the output of the developers, but also for the general tone of the forums. basically that both signal and noise are communication. dont agree entirely but i think that was what that lsd trip was supposed to be saying.
    i think that overlooks a lot of what collaboration we ourselves have gotten from the dev team before the game was in free fall. we can all throw our hands up and say that co doesn't get any love because it doesn't bring in any money, but the bad feel here didnt start recently, Cryptic has been fueling this for a while with neglect back when this game was current and being advertized, when it had a shot. now that its 4 years old, hasnt been advertised for years,and blew a major chance to get a piece of 10s of thousand of suddenly mmo-less fans of customizable superheroics and maybe reverse some of the horrible pr this game has been running since they mishandled the community management of power adjustments at launch.

the whole "its your fault" was funny when the more dedicated cheerleaders were doing it. but you know, if you dont feed a community, goodwill starves. Has anyone from cryptic north said one word to the community yet? has trail even officially recognized that north exists? there was positivity in the error thread when we heard it was perm, i know i twas unreservedly happy that it looked like actual listening had occurred. (a portion of) people are not unreasonable, but there are some very basic communication elements that would go a long way to helping things here. Hll, i think that at this point people have lowered expectations for cryptic, we gave up expecting 3 issues a year and a robust costume shop, that just wont happen here, we jsut want to see some effort that's not a vehicle.
    edited July 2013
    I know my story is hard to believe.
    I would not believe a tale involving the Apple Macintosh and a virus either.
    But here it is: (History of Mac viruses)
    1998: The ?Hong Kong virus? (actually a worm called AutoStart 9805) uses the AutoPlay feature of QuickTime to infect PowerPCs by copying itself across disk partitions.
    edited July 2013
    I know my story is hard to believe.
    I would not believe a tale involving the Apple Macintosh and a virus either.
    But here it is: (History of Mac viruses)

You got a link for the other stuff? This isn't a Mac forum.

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Viruses on Macs? What you mean the people that use them :P
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited July 2013
    nepht wrote: »

I had the flu virus once. It was great! :D

edited July 2013

You got a link for the other stuff?

Where's your new zone?
    edited July 2013
    Where's your new zone?

According to the last Until report, they're working on it. You got those links?

edited July 2013
    nepht wrote: »

Yep and yep. Back in the 90s, my Mac got AIDS. No joke.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited July 2013

According to the last Until report, they're working on it. You got those links?

Too lazy to get it yourself , here...
    Link to Unity Field report
    Where they never said they are making a New Zone.
    They said "New zone events'. Events that are in zone and are new.
    That broke at the Destroids invasion, hasn't happened again.

That "Terror in time" thing never happened. Roi'nesh never returned as promised. Hideout never got additions.

So your argument basically hinges on a reality you choose to believe in but one that is not supported by facts.

I predicted New Champions 700 would start yesterday.
    New Champions 701 started last night. 498 times 701 is 349,098 new players.
    There are 87 players in the game from New Champions going back all the way to NC10.
    Where's the 349,011 other players?

About 300 people in MC zone at 11AM server time (7PM London)
    Where are the people to fill this new zone you want?
    edited July 2013
    Too lazy to get it yourself , here...
    Link to Unity Field report
    Where they never said they are making a New Zone.

Really? What's this?
    stokeman wrote: »
    ? New ?Island of Dr. Destroyer? Mini-Zone, Lair and Story Content
    ? New Millennium City ?Expansion? Zone (2-3 Neighborhoods)
    - Possibly a dangerous ?Boardwalk Empire? waterfront / casino district, controlled by some of the richest, most famous super-criminals
    - Perhaps neighbored by a ?Hell?s Kitchen? stretch, a perfect birthplace for the likes of ?Dark Champions?

True, it's likely to turn out as vaporware, but it was said.
    I predicted New Champions 700 would start yesterday.

Actually you predicted that it would start Thursday. That was two days ago. Not yesterday.
    Today is July 24.
    We are at New Champions 699 and should hit 700 by tomorrow afternoon.
    edited July 2013
    Really? What's this?

True, it's likely to turn out as vaporware, but it was said.

Nice try but that was posted under Unsubstantiated Rumors: (The Future).
    We are in the future, making those statements from the past about the future false.
    Actually you predicted that it would start Thursday. That was two days ago. Not yesterday.

Right, so the number of new players filling New Champions super groups is growing slower than I expected. Twice now.
    This doesn't help your argument for a new zone at all.

You can count the churn yourself. Super group noobs at Kodiak for a week.
    Only super group new gold subscribers, one account per group invite.
    How long does it take you to fill the group with 498 players.
    How many are left after 30 days?

I did this to death in 2011, except for the gold only because they are too rare.

Oh look circumstancial evidence from Jaunary 2011.
    Would be nice if one or more were some mob acting tough, but when put to the fire
    they'd
    cave in with 'details of their operation', ie, a handy dandy mission
    for me and my friends to level on. Not always the same mission of course.

Maybe a new set of missions instead of "Help a Citizen".

Lets see bird costume pack is coming out so they can call
    these missions "Follow your nose." No maybe not, but something
    investigation related like that.

Nighthawk?
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    We are in the future, making those statements from the past about the future false.

Right, so the number of new players filling New Champions super groups is growing slower than I expected. Twice now.
    This doesn't help your argument for a new zone at all.

You can count the churn yourself. Super group noobs at Kodiak for a week.
    Only super group new gold subscribers, one account per group invite.
    How long does it take you to fill the group with 498 players.
    How many are left after 30 days?

I did this to death in 2011, except for the gold only because they are too rare.

That's quite amusing that you think you get to dictate when (The Future) takes place as far as development of this game goes. Until those Unsubstantiated Rumors have a set date that gets passed by or the game shuts down with unfulfilled Rumors still on the list, we can't and don't get to state whether or not those statements are indeed false. The very word "unsubstantiated" means unsupported by other evidence. Unproven, unconfirmed and speculative are also terms that can accurately describe that particular section of the UNTIL report as well as the majority of the claims you've been making in this thread.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    edited July 2013
    Ok you win, where is your new zone?
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ok you win, where is your new zone?

In the same nebulous realm of uncertainty your "evidence" exists in.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    it is rumoured to be on an Island made entirely of unsubstantiatium
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

edited July 2013

Actually, I hear there's going to be some more future coming around tommorow... and the day after that... and the day after that. Are you trying to redefine how time works now? Does your megalomania know no end?
    So your argument basically hinges on a reality you choose to believe in but one that is not supported by facts.

Unsubstantiated Rumors: (The Future)
    ? New ?Island of Dr. Destroyer? Mini-Zone, Lair and Story Content
    ? New Millennium City ?Expansion? Zone (2-3 Neighborhoods)
    ? Epic ?Endgame? Faction War Zone (Battleground: MOON)
    - Featuring an all-out Alien war, a Star Guardian alternate advancement path & powers

There's my supporting evidence that Cryptic believes a new zone, or even zones, would be a good idea. Sure, they haven't done it yet. You know what else they haven't done? All the things they're going to do tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that. Because time.

So where's anything to support your ideas? You just gonna keep counting people's alts? Cause welcome to Champions Online, where everyone has 100+ alts and makes new ones everyday.

edited July 2013
    So where's anything to support your ideas? You just gonna keep counting people's alts? Cause welcome to Champions Online, where everyone has 100+ alts and makes new ones everyday.

Alts? I'm counting bodies in the game.

249 people in Millennium City at 11PM on Saturday Night in the summer.

How exactly do you want to divide those up into a New Zone?
    Ok going to run over to the jet and check on Canada.21 players!
    Monster Island? 6
    Southwest desert? 6

Vibora Bay, city as big as millennium city, 8 players.

21 of them in Vibora Bay Alert! Whew.

But you have shown me the gospel according to UNTIL and who am I to doubt the words written therein?
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    summer for you, winter for me. 11pm saturday for you, 3pm sunday for me.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

edited July 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    summer for you, winter for me. 11pm saturday for you, 3pm sunday for me.

3AM Server time, 7PM sunday in land of Chaelk
    49 players in zone 1
    54 players in zone 3
    9 in 2
    7 in 4
    4 in 5

Fatal Error 12
    All Alerts 5 players
    edited July 2013
    Alts? I'm counting bodies in the game.

249 people in Millennium City at 11PM on Saturday Night in the summer.

How exactly do you want to divide those up into a New Zone?
    Ok going to run over to the jet and check on Canada.21 players!
    Monster Island? 6
    Southwest desert? 6

Vibora Bay, city as big as millennium city, 8 players.

21 of them in Vibora Bay Alert! Whew.

But you have shown me the gospel according to UNTIL and who am I to doubt the words written therein?

A few pages back it was already explained to you why your reasoning on "# of people in zone at this time" is faulty. There are players who don't play consistently who come back when there is new content released. How are you going to account for them?

Still looking forward to your gospel according to <source unknown>... love hard information.

• crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm pretty sure if there was some daily content added that required you to be in Vibora, Canada or Monster Island, the population would move to there. Fortunately (unfortunately?), you can do pretty much all Alerts and dailies from Millennium City. Some of them you HAVE to be next to Defender.

If only there was some incentive to continue playing UNITY dailies.
    edited July 2013
    I think missions need to be more rewarding to compete with the convenient of Alerts. It should be reasonable to run alerts OR go do missions, in terms of return per effort invested they should be on par.

I have no problem with alerts in isolation, but as part of the current content landscape... they have had a terrible effect.

Maybe give more tokens and other cool stuff from mission/exploration stuff. Maybe make exploration achievements worth questionite. Maybe ... I don't know.

(Also q for PvP, but that horse is a stain on the ground by this point)

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
    edited July 2013

A few pages back it was already explained to you why your reasoning on "# of people in zone at this time" is faulty.

You ignore every bit of information no matter what it is.
    There are players who don't play consistently who come back when there is new content released. How are you going to account for them?

Where is your data that states this is true?
    Where are the players adding up in the game to prove your statement?
    New content came out last week, where are these people?
    These zone numbers sucked just as much a week ago.
    Still looking forward to your gospel according to <source unknown>... love hard information.[/COLOR]

New Champions is up to 702, that is the gospel just like the bible counting the tribes of Israel, that you keep ignoring.

New Champions 701 begat New Champions 702
    349,596 new accounts since January 2012 and only 300 people in zone at 9AM on a Sunday morning.

According to you this isn't worth measuring because they are 'alts'. they
    are secondary or greater allternate accounts to other accounts.
    What is the percentage 10%, 20%, 50%?

Any number you choose creates a situation with less new players.'

Lets say its 10% are secondary accounts, thats 34,959 players that aren't
    real, which leaves us with 384,555 actual new people.

If just 10% of them stick around that would be 38,455 players remaining since January 2012.
    If they play everyday we should see 1602 players online every hour.
    Divided by the 8 major zones we should see 200 players in every zone.
    We never see 50 in any zone outside MC or an Alert

We had this conversation last year and you still don't have your new zone.
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There is also a nifty feature called /anon. Did you count those as well who rather hide their online status while they are playing?

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
    edited July 2013
    New Champions is up to 702, that is the gospel just like the bible counting the tribes of Israel, that you keep ignoring.
    [...]
    Any number you choose creates a situation with less new players.'
    [...]

Kinda convinient how you think your numbers back up your claims whether they get bigger or smaller. :rolleyes:

And what's this bible reference? Now everything I read from you has an accent...

edited July 2013
    You ignore every bit of information no matter what it is.

Again, the irony is hilarious.
    drgmstr wrote: »
    There is also a nifty feature called /anon. Did you count those as well who rather hide their online status while they are playing?

I wonder.....

Kinda convinient how you think your numbers back up your claims whether they get bigger or smaller. :rolleyes:

And what's this bible reference? Now everything I read from you has an accent...

Maybe it's code and we need to read the Book of Numbers in the Bible to understand his arguments.
    edited July 2013
    If only there was some incentive to continue playing UNITY dailies.

Farming Silver Champions rep for 3-slot purple primary gear (whose name I can't remember on a Monday morning). If you don't want to play lockboxes or the auction house for Legion gear, that is.

Or if you want the Dr. Ka costume set.

Or maybe you're RPing a toon that really, really hates miniaturized kaiju and aliens in the Detroit River.

OK, I'm starting to reach here.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
    edited July 2013
    Does anyone disagree with me that new zones aren't a good idea without a lot of other material coming out?

edited July 2013
    Maybe it's code and we need to read the Book of Numbers in the Bible to understand his arguments.

Wait, I've seen this, and I know how it ends:

PiDrill.jpg
    edited July 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    Does anyone disagree with me that new zones aren't a good idea without a lot of other material coming out?

I agree with you that new zones are a good idea without a lot of other material coming out.