test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Caliga and Conquer FanArt

Comments

• trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2013
    Out of curiosity, Caliga, how many of Alex's children are you planning on putting through college?

As someone who's still paying off student loans... I can draw stick figures, Caliga, commission me! :biggrin:
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As someone who's still paying off student loans... I can draw stick figures, Caliga, commission me! :biggrin:

Stick figure with a crown? sounds pretty nifty to me. :rolleyes:
  • sekimensekimen Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    xcaligax wrote: »
    And here it is, the final product of the Caliga "villain POV bank heist!", by the very talented Alex Dai!

8fvo.jpg

The full resolution of the image can be found in this link: http://primusdatabase.com/images/7/78/Pov_color_final.jpg

Looks cool, as per usual!
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,618 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Caliga is about to haymaker that normal guy in the face. A punch that can floor Grond. This must be what happens every time he shouts his name in RenCen.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'll just leave this here..again :P

DonkeyCaliga2_zpscd71fc91.jpg
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just amzing Caliga! I wonder, how much do you charge for commissions?
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tfavsb10 wrote: »
    Just amzing Caliga! I wonder, how much do you charge for commissions?

He Pays for the commissions.
    edited August 2013
    He Pays for the commissions.

Some of us do stuff for free cause He's such a good sport putting up with all the crap we give him ^__^
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • nesnonesno Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    2103281230.png
  • nesnonesno Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nesno wrote: »
    2103281230.png

P.S. im not renewing my sub or comming back to this game, time for new blood to come up, Ive dominated pvp for 4 years time for me to move on
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Had some fun coloring a previously submitted art by a Caliga fan!

9hyx.jpg

Special thanks to you know who for permissions in coloring their work ^.^
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
    edited August 2013
    AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHdorable.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jerax1011 wrote: »
    Had some fun coloring a previously submitted art by a Caliga fan!

bgtq.jpg

Special thanks to you know who for permissions in coloring their work ^.^

Nice one Bunni :-)
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited October 2013
    Does foe art count?? :P

e56716ecbd86856a9eb667b1226a46d61383043221.jpg

A Batman inspired pic :P

But I think it captures how much I annoy Caliga and how much I enjoy annoying him :biggrin:

And to quote Mr Sam J

"...in the comic you know how you can tell who the arch villain is going to be? He's the exact opposite of the hero! And most times they're friends, like you and me"
    edited November 2013
    So it's been a while since I've updated with any new art, but now I have 4 new commissions coming in! First, here is a preview of something you'd all might enjoy ^_^. This is a preview of your beloved Trail turtle and myself fighting off some Qulaar! As usual choose which one you best thinks represents epicness :biggrin:

je19.jpg

A: Trail turtle and myself are surrounded with swords drawn, getting ready for that wave of attacks!

B: Trail turtle has swords drawn and we are back too back, getting ready for the onslaught.

C: Trail turtle charging into the fray with me right behind him, backing him up and giving a Qulaar a punch in the face on the way!
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Between A and C for me. You get a good look at the characters in these. You see more in A but C has more action. So depending on what you want, a character showcase pic or a cool scene pic.
    biffsig.jpg
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    C looks like it'd make a good classic comic cover. Hopefully from one of those books where the cover actually reflects something that happens that issue...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited November 2013
    Option B seems to have more going on in it. I'll have to go with that one.
  • benevonbenevon Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I vote for C.

My Characters on PRIMUS
    Toons and costumes thread
    @Benevon
    Leader of Super Serious Brooding Vigilantes
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,122 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    B or C personally. C has more action though, I think C might be a good option.
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    A or C, for me. More inclined towards option A...
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I vote for choice C. Though choice A would also be cool.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So it's been a while since I've updated with any new art, but now I have 4 new commissions coming in! First, here is a preview of something you'd all might enjoy ^_^. This is a preview of your beloved Trail turtle and myself fighting off some Qulaar! As usual choose which one you best thinks represents epicness :biggrin:

je19.jpg

A: Trail turtle and myself are surrounded with swords drawn, getting ready for that wave of attacks!

B: Trail turtle has swords drawn and we are back too back, getting ready for the onslaught.

C: Trail turtle charging into the fray with me right behind him, backing him up and giving a Qulaar a punch in the face on the way!

I like having the Qular ships hanging above in pic B as well as the foreground claw silhouettes but I also like the firebug in pic C. While i like the composition of A a lot too and i think it display off Caliga's personality better (in B he looks too worried) my preference is the action of C, so I vote C but throw in a Qular ship from B into the backdrop of C but softly enough as not to wreck the composition.

Or failing that go with A but throw in the ships and the foreground claws of B and the firebug of C onto A.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Personally i vote for B.

It looks like some serious shiz is about to go down.. muhahaha XD Plus its a bad **** pose. :biggrin:
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
    edited November 2013
    The masses have spoken! And it looks like C will be the final product of the Trail turtle and Caliga vs Qulaar pic! But what's this?? I have for you...ANOTHER COMMISSION PREVIEW! :eek:

As usual, pick which one you think fits best. Alex personally loves C, but what do you think looks the most epic?

This commission preview will be in honor of the bloodmoon event that just recently passed. Caliga using all his strength to fight another super strength powered individual....the mighty...JOHNNY HERCULES!!!

rl2o.jpg

Full imagesize can be found here: http://imageshack.com/a/img855/4168/rl2o.jpg
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    For me, it's pretty close between A and C.

I'm leaning towards C.
    gooooo C GOoooooooooooooo !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tamx2 Primusdatabases
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    B doesn't look like a fight to me, looks more like epic brofist. :P

C is really cool, but I really like the classic pinup style of A.
    biffsig.jpg
  • benevonbenevon Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    C is my favorite again :)

My Characters on PRIMUS
    Toons and costumes thread
    @Benevon
    Leader of Super Serious Brooding Vigilantes
    edited November 2013
    If the artist likes C and C does look the most appealing, then I'll have to go with that one.
    edited November 2013
    The masses have spoken! And it looks like C will be the final product of the Trail turtle and Caliga vs Qulaar pic! But what's this?? I have for you...ANOTHER COMMISSION PREVIEW! :eek:

As usual, pick which one you think fits best. Alex personally loves C, but what do you think looks the most epic?

This commission preview will be in honor of the bloodmoon event that just recently passed. Caliga using all his strength to fight another super strength powered individual....the mighty...JOHNNY HERCULES!!!

rl2o.jpg

I say C but reverse it so its you getting ur face punched off :D
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2013
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Caliga vs Johnny Hercules...

I'll be choosing Option C, it's closer so may have more detail (it looks like) and it looks cool :biggrin:
    edited November 2013
    Again, it's between A and C. But I'll have to go with C, this time around.
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited November 2013

rl2o.jpg

A is clearly the cover-art setting up the fight to make you go 'Yeah that fight will be epic, i gotta buy that!' and sell the issue C is the big splash page of the fight that makes you go 'Yeah this fight is epic!'' while reading it. So what's it to be, the cover for the issue or the splash page?
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    With me, it's a toss up for A or C. I like the epic-ness of the two leaping at each other in pic A. I like the action of C though.

I do like B also, nice cliche of fist-meeting-fist with a sonic boom.

So... with a random coin-toss, I'll go with......

Heads. I mean A.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

edited November 2013
    I'd go with C in terms of the new commission, looks really good depending on what the background could be.

And heres another random sketch from me, i dont really have time to do full colours works as i have been busy with exams these couple months. This one is just a small comic strip. I'll do more by this week. Enjoy!

The Adventures of Chibi Caliga!
    caliggy_zpsb878ccb0.jpg

edited November 2013
    I'd say A. C is cool, but because the fist is coming straight at the viewer, it ends up looking more static than a horizontal view.
    edited November 2013
    Alright guys, based on the number of feedback, it looks like it will be letter C for this preview:

rl2o.jpg

I actually have another commission coming up! What's that? MORE CALIGA!?!? Thats right! a 3rd commission is in the works! I will post the preview when I can.
    edited November 2013
    What's that? MORE CALIGA!?!? .

Ima gonna do a good deal of business selling anti-Caliga baseball bats that day :P
    edited November 2013

je19.jpg

In reponse too the majority that chose C as the option, Alex has since then tightened up that sketch too show more detail, and then will finalize it soon after! Here is a preview of how it's been coming along!

atfj.jpg
    edited November 2013
    In reponse too the majority that chose C as the option, Alex has since then tightened up that sketch too show more detail, and then will finalize it soon after! Here is a preview of how it's been coming along!

atfj.jpg

That sketch looks sick! cant wait till its finished! :biggrin:

edited November 2013
    Iiiinteresting, Iris ends up having a kinda Rogue look from the Claremont era. Very cool, I'm looking forward to seeing the final version.
  • g3macboyg3macboy Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    inking_zpsce8d784c.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving, here's an update!
    Imagesbyalex at Deviantart | Facebook
    edited December 2013
    Niiiice. Looking very cool so far.
    edited December 2013
    And now for the finished product of Caliga and Trail Turtle vs The Qulaar! This pic is of Iris and Caliga during the Qulaar invasion. Although we never actually played together during it, it's fun to imagine sometimes.

Full resolution of the picture can be found here: http://imageshack.com/a/img209/6472/e94l.jpg
    And of course, Alex's other works including this one are found here: Images by Alex

k9ns.jpg
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    And now for the finished product of Caliga and Trail Turtle vs The Qulaar! This pic is of Iris and Caliga during the Qulaar invasion. Although we never actually played together during it, it's fun to imagine sometimes.

Full resolution of the picture can be found here: http://imageshack.com/a/img209/6472/e94l.jpg
    And of course, Alex's other works including this one are found here: Images by Alex

k9ns.jpg

the picture is full of lies....it makes you look big, but you're actually short, other than that, I'm impressed.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Iris is having entirely too much fun in that picture. :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    edited December 2013
    Gorgeous. Beyond.