test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please 4 the love of this games PvE, Increase the difficulty!

Comments

• honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    smoochan wrote: »
    I mean... in a way, you're saying "No, we don't want them to raise npc hit points and damage, that would suck" but then you're saying "Hey if you want the game to be more interesting, just gimp yourself so the npcs have higher relative hit points and damage"... so which is it... is npcs having higher hit points and damage a good thing or a bad thing? Pick one.

Just because I squat next to a midget, doesn't make that midget tall.
    ^ QTF ^

BINGO!

If a team of 5 freeforms are capable of over 25,000 DPS (<and they are) why are we fighting mobs with 3k health?, they just get one shot. Give em 30K and let them at least use ONE attack on people.

The idea that "all trash mobs should die in one hit and make you feel awesome" would imply that if you remove all trash mobs from the game, you will will feel awesome, all of the time?
    *rummage* i gotta find that "Im bored" song and play it again.
  • arimikamiarimikami Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm still waiting for someone to explain how exactly I gimp myself in order to make the fights with npcs be more interesting, rather than just effectively causing them to have higher hit points in relation to my damage, and higher damage in relation to my hit points.

Anyone?

I mean... in a way, you're saying "No, we don't want them to raise npc hit points and damage, that would suck" but then you're saying "Hey if you want the game to be more interesting, just gimp yourself so the npcs have higher relative hit points and damage"... so which is it... is npcs having higher hit points and damage a good thing or a bad thing? Pick one.

Just because I squat next to a midget, doesn't make that midget tall.

This is why I said that I'd like to see a support character added to each of the enemy groups. It would result in players having to pay a little more attention to what's going on around them and if it was done so the strength of the de/buffs scaled along with damage and HP according to the dif you're at, it wouldn't result in crippling people that are playing less than optimal characters. I think it would also encourage people to team which creates an ever changing dynamic to the gameplay which would increase the games replay value.
  • auldwolfauldwolf Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    But many groups do have a support character, don't they? VIPER commander et al.

Also, as for gimping oneself. Just use white gear or no gear, and use powers which are fun rather than powers which are min/maxed to hit hard. I already described how one could create more challenge for oneself. But if some here choose to ignore that, then that's their own doing.

But I'll have no truck with arguments which are so desperate that their straw-man consists of not even recognising that advice has already been put forth. I mean, come on, I am trying to help. And if we get into the cycle of adding more and more difficulty levels, they're going to be doing that an alienating casual players, and then the game will be heartily on the road to shutdownville. If that's something we want, then fine.
  • auldwolfauldwolf Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If a team of 5 freeforms [...]
    But... I don't know why you'd want to use this old fallacy. Why? Just why? See... this...

Why?

Yes, min/maxed freeforms can do what you say. But what about archetypes? Silver players do play this game, and they cannot hit as hard as freeforms. And they're often the casual players who help support the game with store purchases.

So... what. Screw the casual silvers? To hell with them? The game should only be freeform anyway? See, this is the kind of attitude that will get the game killed.
    edited December 2012
    auldwolf wrote: »
    But many groups do have a support character, don't they? VIPER commander et al.

Also, as for gimping oneself. Just use white gear or no gear, and use powers which are fun rather than powers which are min/maxed to hit hard. I already described how one could create more challenge for oneself. But if some here choose to ignore that, then that's their own doing.

But I'll have no truck with arguments which are so desperate that their straw-man consists of not even recognising that advice has already been put forth. I mean, come on, I am trying to help. And if we get into the cycle of adding more and more difficulty levels, they're going to be doing that an alienating casual players, and then the game will be heartily on the road to shutdownville. If that's something we want, then fine.

Auld, in my very first post in this thread I mentioned the toon I've currently been running around on. It's not min/maxed. I just took powers that I thought would be fun to use and slapped it together. It's 40 now and I haven't even bothered to take all my power choices. I've also got about half of my advantage points to spend too. I do use silver champions gear on this toon but, have not added any mods to that gear. My point is, I have taken that advice. I'm playing this character on elite difficulty and steam rolling everything I come across. This is not a straw man. This is me looking at all of you saying that players needing a challenge need to challenge themselves and saying back, "I have. Now what?" Are you going to try saying that I just shouldn't take any powers at all and rely solely on my energy builder to get me through the game? That's not fun. That's not challenging. That's boring and tedious and we both know it.

I'm not saying this game needs to be made so difficult that casual players leave the game. I don't want that. A lot of my friends are casual players and talking with them while playing is a part of what makes this game fun.

What I am saying is that there has to be a way to balance things between the two extremes and that the inclusion of more support type enemies who's buffs, debuff, mezzes and heals scale with the difficulty a player is running on is the best way I can think of to do that. If anyone has a better idea I would honestly love to hear it and discuss it with them but, so far I don't see many people willing to actually do that on this topic or many others for that matter. Can we at least agree that this is a community with differing interests and that we need to find a compromise among the players that makes an attempt to leave people satisfied if not overjoyed or is everyone just going to keep saying, "F**k you! It only matters if it matters to me!" to each other? Note that I'm not saying you're saying that here. I don't think you are. I just think people have to put a little more effort into meeting each other halfway.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    But... I don't know why you'd want to use this old fallacy. Why? Just why? See... this...

Why?

Yes, min/maxed freeforms can do what you say. But what about archetypes? Silver players do play this game, and they cannot hit as hard as freeforms. And they're often the casual players who help support the game with store purchases.

So... what. Screw the casual silvers? To hell with them? The game should only be freeform anyway? See, this is the kind of attitude that will get the game killed.

I see a big ol' fallacy going on right here.

ONCE AGAIN, one of you "pro-casual" folks is trying to pretend that us "big bad elites" is trying to turn the entire game into one big difficulty-fest. Get over it, or every post you make is going to continue to be one big straw man attempt.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    xaogarrent wrote: »
    It took me a while to find it, and it's actually not the article I was looking for (which I can't for the life of me find), but I'm just gonna leave this here:

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/sep/19/business/la-fi-mo-five-guys-burger-mcdonalds-20120918

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jun/21/business/la-fi-mo-mcdonalds-20120621

The one I'm looking for was actually a bit older... 2009 or 2010 I think... These aren't as informative, but they're more recent, so whatever.

I never said that opinions can't be weird, wrong or otherwise. I just said there's a reason for them. I'm pretty sure there's a nice reason as to why some people actually like McDonalds, probably the same reason certain music artists get popular despite being horrible.

But to put it bluntly: They are not the most liked, and at the moment are considered pretty much the worst, and for good reason. The second article actually points out they have the worst customer satisfaction, while ranking the highest in sales, which should tell you a bit about how great an aggressive marketing campaign as well as other non-service strengths can do you. Hint, hint.

PS: Five Guys does blow them all away. Burger King also did meh, but when compared to Five Guys it's not surprising.

The Habit is actually even better than 5 Guys (IMO) if you have one in your area.

A survey in which people claim to be unsatisfied with one particular product while continuing to choose it in preference to other options that they score more highly is pretty questionable.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • xaogarrentxaogarrent Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I see a big ol' fallacy going on right here.

ONCE AGAIN, one of you "pro-casual" folks is trying to pretend that us "big bad elites" is trying to turn the entire game into one big difficulty-fest. Get over it, or every post you make is going to continue to be one big straw man attempt.

Say what you want, but we all really know what the deal is. Some of us haven't forgotten that crowd's true colors from launch.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
  • titotito333999titotito333999 Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Normal difficulty would not change, so casual players will not get screwed. Only the top end difficulties would change, and no exclusive loot would be added to the new difficulties, maybe just some extra G's... So the option to run awesome really hard Lairs is there and it's just an option...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This was awesome while it lasted
    Say what you want, but we all really know what the deal is. Some of us haven't forgotten that crowd's true colors from launch.

Ah, now I understand why you can't get over it. Now at least we know the reason you can't have a real conversation about this. Anytime someone brings up this topic, you ignore what they actually say, and instead you choose to hear things you heard years ago instead. Realistically, you're not even talking to us. In a way... you're strawmanning yourself.

edited December 2012
    Ah, now I understand why you can't get over it. Now at least we know the reason you can't have a real conversation about this. Anytime someone brings up this topic, you ignore what they actually say, and instead you choose to hear things you heard years ago instead. Realistically, you're not even talking to us. In a way... you're strawmanning yourself.

Once again, fat load of nonsense. I simply look at what's been done in the past, and unlike most people here, am not stupid enough to ignore what logically follows it in the present or what I expect of the future. The reason you people use straw man is because you have much to hide and it's your only defense from people who know better.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
    edited December 2012
    Once again, fat load of nonsense. I simply look at what's been done in the past, and unlike most people here, am not stupid enough to ignore what logically follows it in the present or what I expect of the future. The reason you people use straw man is because you have much to hide and it's your only defense from people who know better.

Remember when you said you were done with this thread? Well, you did that in the past... so.... :rolleyes:

edited December 2012
    Remember when you said you were done with this thread? Well, you did that in the past... so.... :rolleyes:

That isn't how this works.

I'll spell it out for you: Had you practiced what I'm suggesting here, it could have occurred to you not to make that snide comment earlier that convinced me to stick around for a bit more.

edited December 2012
    That isn't how this works.

I'll spell it out for you: Had you practiced what I'm suggesting here, it could have occurred to you not to make that snide comment earlier that convinced me to stick around for a bit more.

Well thank god I didn't practice what you're suggesting here. Hell, thank all the gods, even the foreign ones.

• twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ONCE AGAIN, one of you "pro-casual" folks is trying to pretend that us "big bad elites" is trying to turn the entire game into one big difficulty-fest.

You're crappy communicators. And that's putting it nicely.

If you had started with "Harder difficulties should be harder" you wouldn't have gotten much resistance. As it is, the whole premise demands players without Freeform who might want to use higher difficulties to gain better rewards to GTFO. A better way to go about it is to have things auto-scale according to gear, level, and player numbers in an instance.

And since the state of things is that you're never going to see the bugs fixed, you might as well be arguing for faeries to drop gold in your pocket to have a game mechanic changed.
    Wow. The vitriol in this thread is... well, I'm impressed, anyways.

Speaking as a truly casual player- the number of times I've bothered to turn up my difficulty can be numbered on the thumbs of one foot- I don't see a problem with the idea of increasing the difficulty of instanced content to reasonably match the supposed difficulty listed in the slider. It is grossly unfair to tell players who want to face greater difficulty that they aren't allowed to because it will make it too difficult for archetypes or casual gamers.

It is also- and it took me awhile to come to this conclusion because my kneejerk reaction was pretty 'screw you, I want everything cheap and easy,' just like most people who come on here looking for a relaxing gaming fix (in other words, not seeking an adrenaline high), very unfair to not reward greater difficulty with greater rewards. Realistically, there ought to be a way that all rewards can become available to players of all levels, but the reward for participating at a higher level ought to be that the rewards are easier and quicker to gain (obviously, this is my opinion). I would add that rewards that give actual in-game effects ought to take much, much longer at casual gameplay levels as compared to elite levels- after all, does anyone really need purples or rank 9 mods for any normal-ranked content in the game?

Now, the flipside of this is pretty simple, but I don't believe it's quantifiable without testing: how difficult will it be to get teams- and decent teams- for more difficult content? If the content really is increased in difficulty so that it cannot be soloed, will more teaming actually occur, or will the quests simply get relegated to the pile of forgotten instances?

One last note: I do not support the idea of increasing difficulty by increasing hit points; this is both ineffective and boring. However, many other ideas on this thread, from increasing AI complexity (improbable in the short term) to including a wider variety of mobs (a really good idea) could easily be implemented and make gameplay at all levels much more interesting.
    edited December 2012
    twg042370 wrote: »

If you had started with "Harder difficulties should be harder" you wouldn't have gotten much resistance. As it is, the whole premise demands players without Freeform who might want to use higher difficulties to gain better rewards to GTFO. A better way to go about it is to have things auto-scale according to gear, level, and player numbers in an instance.

And since the state of things is that you're never going to see the bugs fixed, you might as well be arguing for faeries to drop gold in your pocket to have a game mechanic changed.

I want to point out that I'm against "better" rewards. I've actually had this arguement with someone in game that wanted them to increase the difficulty of all lairs including things like Gravitar, claiming they could solo all of it. They also wanted new and better rewards implemented in the game to go along with that increse of difficulty. I'm very much against this. It defeats the entire point of increasing the difficulty.

I do think higher difficulties should give "more" rewards such as a higher amount of resources per kill and an increase in drop rates. The reasoning for this is it's going to take longer to defeat enemies at a higher level difficulty and the rewards should be scaled so to reflect that. This would result in people being able to play at any level of difficulty that they like and not feel as if they were being left out or cheated for not playing at a different difficulty.
    edited December 2012

Looking at the OP... I see a pretty colorful part of it that pretty much states exactly that. Also, I see no mention of rewards, whatsoever... and since currently, playing on higher difficulties doesn't give any better rewards... well, I'm sure you see where I'm going with this; or maybe you don't, which brings me to my next point...

It seems like we're communicating just fine, it just isn't getting through on your end. Check your connections.

edited December 2012

We have been fighting for fixes to exploits (unfortunately sometimes going to extreme measures because of dev-ignoration to large scale issues like GodModes) and to get the game rebalanced in ways that wont effect AT's and will give experienced freeforms a challenge.

You have always had a grudge with me/us from launch and ya know what, I HAVE NO CLUE what your problem is, HAVE HAVE NO CLUE what your problem is, besides in your head! The rest of us have gotten along just fine! Wether it has come from delusional misreading of my posts (which you seem to be doing a lot now to try and derail threads because of your grudge with us and your embarassing temper problem)

What is my "true colors" Xiogrunt? Why dont you telll everyone about my evil masterplan because i havent got a f###### clue what is up with you!

And you!
    If you had started with "Harder difficulties should be harder" you wouldn't have gotten much resistance.
    READ THE ##### THREAD BEFORE YOU #### POST
    Here ill remind you of the OP:
    [quote=
    honestresearcher]100% Enemy HP Normal mode
    +1000% Enemy HP +50% Damage Very Hard mode
    +3000% Enemy HP +100% Damage Elite mode[/quote]
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    -snip-

READ THE ##### THREAD BEFORE YOU #### POST

I've read through this thread twice now and I don't see the point in continuing this "discussion" any further. Your responses to practically every point we've made have either been you sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting that we're all simply wrong on principle or we're wrong because of a persecution complex.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    edited December 2012
    I've read through this thread twice now and I don't see the point in continuing this "discussion" any further. Your responses to practically every point we've made have either been you sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting that we're all simply wrong on principle or we're wrong because of a persecution complex.

You read everything just now, twice? That's a lot in 30 minutes....you didnt.

I just think the same group of people cant stand that i bring very potent facts to the table, and they simply dont like it. Im here to get peopels fingers out of THEIR ears and help this game. Quite frankly at this point with every good thread being trashed on by THE SAME PEOPLE, im startin to think theyre here for sabotage.
    edited December 2012
    You read everything just now, twice? That's a lot in 30 minutes....you didnt.

I just think the same group of people cant stand that i bring very potent facts to the table, and they simply dont like it. Im here to get peopels fingers out of THEIR ears and help this game. Quite frankly at this point with every good thread being trashed on by THE SAME PEOPLE, im startin to think theyre here for sabotage.

Don't presume to tell me what I have and have not done. I'm fairly certain I'm more of an authority in that area than you are. I also don't hold you in high enough regard to consider making things up in an attempt to impress you.

I don't even know what to say to the rest of your post because its just another way to say you're always right and it makes some people so mad that they're out to get you.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    edited December 2012
    Don't presume to tell me what I have and have not done. I'm fairly certain I'm more of an authority in that area than you are. I also don't hold you in high enough regard to consider making things up in an attempt to impress you.

I don't even know what to say to the rest of your post because its just another way to say you're always right and it makes some people so mad that they're out to get you.

I'm not saying you're here for some sort of grudge or that you're coming in with heavy biases but, there are people posting in this thread that are.

I'm not going to tell you to go back and reread things but, if you have already read this whole thread twice then you'd know there's someone posting in here that's against these ideas over something that happened two years ago.

That... Yeah. That's a type of situation where someone is basing their opinions on preconcieved notions and is arguing with their own internal version of what's actually being discussed just as much as they are with anyone in this thread.
    edited December 2012
    arimikami wrote: »
    I'm not saying you're here for some sort of grudge or that you're coming in with heavy biases but, there are people posting in this thread that are.

I'm not going to tell you to go back and reread things but, if you have already read this whole thread twice then you'd know there's someone posting in here that's against these ideas over something that happened two years ago.

That... Yeah. That's a type of situation where someone is basing their opinions on preconcieved notions and is arguing with their own internal version of what's actually being discussed just as much as they are with anyone in this thread.

I'm well aware that some people are very verbally against these ideas for one reason or another. I'm also not about to dismiss their point of view out of hand simply because I don't like what they have to say. THAT is the major pitfall that is stifling any serious discussion right now. No happy medium will be met until some people learn to get over themselves.
  • andromeda9899andromeda9899 Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Add tough and elite tough into the difficulty selection will be fun. Also, add some Cosmic boss-type enemy in adventure pack or comic series.
    Anyway, I do prefer the dev team increase the level gap and come up with new content with harder missions to do. Increasing the level gap provides more advantage points so that tanks can add more points to cripple challenge and challenging strike at the same time increase a bit their damage so that they can keep taunt when grouping against tough enemies.
  • kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I want to point out that I'm against "better" rewards. I've actually had this arguement with someone in game that wanted them to increase the difficulty of all lairs including things like Gravitar, claiming they could solo all of it. They also wanted new and better rewards implemented in the game to go along with that increse of difficulty. I'm very much against this. It defeats the entire point of increasing the difficulty.

I do think higher difficulties should give "more" rewards such as a higher amount of resources per kill and an increase in drop rates. The reasoning for this is it's going to take longer to defeat enemies at a higher level difficulty and the rewards should be scaled so to reflect that. This would result in people being able to play at any level of difficulty that they like and not feel as if they were being left out or cheated for not playing at a different difficulty.

Makes perfect sense.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • polishlightningpolishlightning Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Someone mentioned just tying all rewards to recognition tokens. Then if you earned more tokens for doing harder difficulty you could get the rewards faster. So that could work.
    edited December 2012
    Are you going to change what you said there in that last sentence, or admit that it's a fact that Cryptic has shown a lack of ability to produce quality results...

Xao, you should have learned over the years of us interacting on these boards that you have never had enough clout here to get me to change my stance on anything for your opinions. You simply aren't as credible or as important to me as you seemingly think you are. I've posted exactly what I've meant.
    edited December 2012
    Xao, you should have learned over the years of us interacting on these boards that you have never had enough clout here to get me to change my stance on anything for your opinions. You simply aren't as credible or as important to me as you seemingly think you are. I've posted exactly what I've meant.

Good, so you agree with me then.

edited December 2012
    Good, so you agree with me then.

Nope, just clowning with you as I usually do.
  • zer303606zer303606 Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    no thanks to more health. we are superheroes gofdamnit.
    edited December 2012
    zer303606 wrote: »

Your comment wasn't as eggciting as I thought it would be.
    edited December 2012
    nepht wrote: »
    This ^ Cant really add much to this it says all that needs to be said.

Also some people like being able to do elite solo. Some people dont want to team.

And before people start BLAH BLAH BLAH thinking I am a fan of soloing...I aint ask any of secret or the forumites I run teams with them all the freaking time. BUT I respect the fact people like steamrolling stuff solo it makes them feel like Superman..and isnt that the point of this game?

The point of the game is to emulate the superhero genre. That genre isn't just super-powered gods destroying piddly little mortal folks by the boatload all day long. Feeling like superman is more than just "har har, I be strong ye tiny babies!". Within the genre, there always needs to be some sort of threat that validates the hero's existence...otherwise people start asking "Okay... listen, the police can handle those guys.. how about you start helping us build houses or something?" At some point, we start wondering when the epic part is going to start.
    zer303606 wrote: »

I agree with you creepy bald man. More action, not numbers! Where's my picket sign...

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The point of the game is to emulate the superhero genre. That genre isn't just super-powered gods destroying piddly little mortal folks by the boatload all day long. Feeling like superman is more than just "har har, I be strong ye tiny babies!". Within the genre, there always needs to be some sort of threat that validates the hero's existence...otherwise people start asking "Okay... listen, the police can handle those guys.. how about you start helping us build houses or something?" At some point, we start wondering when the epic part is going to start.

I understand were you are coming from. But then it would just feel like Vigilantes Online. I dont want to feel like a killable guy with a gun. I want to feel like an unkillable metahuman than can roomsweeper punch whole mobs into orbit.

That why I play super mmos.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited December 2012
    Nope, just clowning with you as I usually do.

Then you contradict yourself. Thus, making you the clown.

Either you do or you don't, if you don't, then you're in contradiction as we've both shown the exact same concern towards Cryptic's ability to deliver.

edited December 2012
    nepht wrote: »
    I understand were you are coming from. But then it would just feel like Vigilantes Online. I dont want to feel like a killable guy with a gun. I want to feel like an unkillable metahuman than can roomsweeper punch whole mobs into orbit.

That why I play super mmos.

As I pointed out earlier, in the Watchmen movie it took a full swat squad to take Rorch down, who is a non super powered vigilante type, and he still held his own. What's even more amusing, is even that scene felt phoned in considering there were several others where they were taking on HUGE MOBS of hardened street thugs, or beating the crap out of everything, thugs and guards alike, during a prison riot.

• mrkuntamrkunta Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2012

10,10,10,10, chars
    edited December 2012
    I wonder what else i could do for a video showing how easy this game is...or maybe you guys could do your own too
  • sanmercisanmerci Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I wonder what else i could do for a video showing how easy this game is...or maybe you guys could do your own too

Videos are not going to make a sale. Unfortunately, I think you've kind of painted yourself into a corner because you presented your arguments in a way that sounded like "I'm right and you're wrong" to a lot of people. The fact that there were a number of good points and a fair degree of sound reasoning is irrelevant to the fact that you stirred up people's emotions against you.

For the record, just restating my opinion: I agree that higher difficulties absolutely need greater difficulty. There are a number of fine suggestions in this thread about how to make it happen. I don't like the idea of increasing the hit points of minions, and I'll tell you why: longer fights are not more interesting. In many cases, longer fights are simply more tedious (for example on a force-toon or just about any tanking toon); the ability to use a variety of combinations sounds nice, but is, in practice, pretty irrelevant in this game because there is no possibility of failure. The game engine doesn't make the practice interesting.

Similarly, I support (as Arimikami so eloquently put it) more rewards for greater difficulty, not, as I apparently misspoke myself earlier, better. Rewards for taking more time and facing greater risk ought to be commensurately increased in number so that elite players are not losing out over casual players. In fact, I would support a significant increase in quantity so that casual players (like myself) couldn't just grind the same content over-and-over to get the same rewards in the same timeframe as elite players. Elite players should be able to earn rewards faster than me.
    edited December 2012
    sanmerci wrote: »
    Videos are not going to make a sale. Unfortunately, I think you've kind of painted yourself into a corner because you presented your arguments in a way that sounded like "I'm right and you're wrong" to a lot of people. The fact that there were a number of good points and a fair degree of sound reasoning is irrelevant to the fact that you stirred up people's emotions against you.

Who Xao? Ahh he's been like that all the time since the beginning, i pay no attention to it anymore. Im happy that everyone is simply discussing difficulty, or rather (of course) different ways that can be implemented to achieve greater difficulty (in the higher modes! ffs)

This has been quite successful! Im gunna carry it on. The majority of discussion minus 1 persons grudge has been interesting so yeah, im happy the talk is leaning in one direction. Im in no corner here, things are just getting warmed up.
    edited December 2012
    Who Xao?

No, that would be the guy who actually is considering a large number of separate factors and looking at the whole picture, and is not doing things like making videos of themself killing low level mobs as some kind of proof the game is too easy.

The problem with you has nothing to do with the fact you assert yourself as right or wrong. The fact you present absolutely ridiculous proof that anyone with two braincells can see proves absolutely nothing isn't helping, but this is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, as on a basic level there is only right or wrong regardless of what you assert.

The problem is, like much of the ignorant mob that runs about these forums, you lack the ability to see the greater picture and understand why the things you request are unfeasible, even if we are to choose not to question whether they're desirable. People have shown that greater HP isn't exactly something that is wanted, at least not across the board, however before that even matters the problem of resources exists, and with limited resources the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

To summarize, no you can't have a pony.

edited December 2012
    I'm well aware that some people are very verbally against these ideas for one reason or another. I'm also not about to dismiss their point of view out of hand simply because I don't like what they have to say. THAT is the major pitfall that is stifling any serious discussion right now. No happy medium will be met until some people learn to get over themselves.

Alright. I'll bite then.

For now, forget your arguement with Honestresearcher about the methods he uses to prove his point. He's not the only one saying this game is too easy. There's new players and casual players saying it as well. That should be enough unless you're going to say we all have to provide videos.

I've been in this thread saying that what I think is needed to make the game harder is the inclusion of more support type enemies with powers that scale according to the difficulty that a player is running on.

Yes, I'm aware that if they made those characters spawn at all difficulty levels that it would increase the challenge for people running on normal as well but, I'd like to see it where their powers scale to such a level that the change for people on normal is very minute and at worst, would make players occasionally want to duo with someone who's character compliments their own.

I don't see this as a bad thing since it's my opinion that teaming with people creates a dynamic that makes the game more interesting and increases replayability. It also helps build a sense of community which makes people more inclined to stick around.

I think it would result in more people streamlining their builds rather than everyone trying to make a tankmage since specific roles would actually be wanted to compliment the builds of other players. This would benefit the people using archetypes as well seeing as those tend to be geared towards a specific role, meaning it would be easier for them to find teams to help them accomplish the content that some of them are already having trouble with. I'm saying this as a soloist so, it's not like I'm trying to cater entirely to my own personal interests.

I also think that the inclusion of better rewards is a bad idea. I don't want to turn this into a gear race where everyone is constantly trying to get newer and better gear so they can overcome even larger challenges, resulting in people once again going through this whole debate on whether or not the difficulty needs to be raised again. What I do want is that the amount of rewards per kill be increased at higher difficulties so that the time investment vs. difficulty setting stays fairly constant for players.

Thoughts?
    edited December 2012
    Boring text

See :) totally not reading it anymore.

The delusional thing thinks its opinions with lack of show to make up for it are correct, vs video recordings of matters of ease of difficulty which display the facts in motion, in a way everyone can see for themselves.

It feeds on personal hate, so im not giving it any direct attention.
    edited December 2012

The delusional thing thinks its opinions with lack of show to make up for it are correct, vs video recordings of matters of ease of difficulty which display the facts in motion, in a way everyone can see for themselves.

The one who is delusional is the one who is unwilling to see the reality in front of them.

You should very much consider that prior to telling me who you were, I responded to you in exactly the same way I did previously. You want to make this personal, but as has been shown it doesn't matter who you are.

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I shall end this argument. I think you all stupid. There done argument over.

Peace in our time .
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited December 2012

I've found out what her issue is, she believes admitting when your wrong is showing weakness. So when she has been proven wrong she starts acting out and being rude. That's when you know you've won.
    edited December 2012
    I've found out what her issue is, she believes admitting when your wrong is showing weakness. So when she has been proven wrong she starts acting out and being rude. That's when you know you've won.

Enjoying being part of that mob, are we?

edited December 2012
    Alright. I'll bite then.

For now, forget your arguement with Honestresearcher about the methods he uses to prove his point. He's not the only one saying this game is too easy. There's new players and casual players saying it as well. That should be enough unless you're going to say we all have to provide videos.

I've been in this thread saying that what I think is needed to make the game harder is the inclusion of more support type enemies with powers that scale according to the difficulty that a player is running on.

Yes, I'm aware that if they made those characters spawn at all difficulty levels that it would increase the challenge for people running on normal as well but, I'd like to see it where their powers scale to such a level that the change for people on normal is very minute and at worst, would make players occasionally want to duo with someone who's character compliments their own.

I don't see this as a bad thing since it's my opinion that teaming with people creates a dynamic that makes the game more interesting and increases replayability. It also helps build a sense of community which makes people more inclined to stick around.

I think it would result in more people streamlining their builds rather than everyone trying to make a tankmage since specific roles would actually be wanted to compliment the builds of other players. This would benefit the people using archetypes as well seeing as those tend to be geared towards a specific role, meaning it would be easier for them to find teams to help them accomplish the content that some of them are already having trouble with. I'm saying this as a soloist so, it's not like I'm trying to cater entirely to my own personal interests.

I also think that the inclusion of better rewards is a bad idea. I don't want to turn this into a gear race where everyone is constantly trying to get newer and better gear so they can overcome even larger challenges, resulting in people once again going through this whole debate on whether or not the difficulty needs to be raised again. What I do want is that the amount of rewards per kill be increased at higher difficulties so that the time investment vs. difficulty setting stays fairly constant for players.

Thoughts?

I'm open to giving mobs more support-type abilities. Depending on the buffs they bring it might make prioritizing your targets an actual thing for once. For me, these support types would have to border on being really annoying. Like having them around in a fight for too long should be a bit detrimental to your health. Like Brickbuster levels of annoying but without the BS a Brickbuster brings. Of course you can't simply ignore the other dudes they're rolling with either cause the buff they're under makes them a real pain in the butt too.

As for gear, I'm somewhat on the fence. I don't run lairs very often so gear isn't all that important to me but I know there are some players out there that NEED to have the best gear they can get their hands on. I'm gonna go with the idea to simply give more recog tokens at higher difficulties with the addendum that the end bosses on the toughest settings should drop a really really nice piece of gear in addition to the tokens.
    edited December 2012
    Also, you all seem to have conveniently have forgotten (or perhaps are too new to remember) that I was originally for additional levels on the difficulty slider, under the right conditions.

But you see, unlike people like polish lighting and snake here, I do in fact rethink my position when I'm proven to be wrong. As time passed, certain events unfolded, I looked at the facts as they were in front of me, and came to realize the truth of the matter, which is why I changed my stance.

Cryptic over time proved that they lack the capacity and resources to handle this kind of task, and that tempting them into it was a bad idea. Thus I changed my position. In fact, I have to wonder if they ever had them to begin with, and I'll say this right now: It is extremely possible that I may have been wrong by supporting higher difficulty levels on the difficulty slider in the first place.

EDIT: Also, as odd as it sounds, once upon a time I was ALSO for better loot at higher difficulties. A combination of what actually having that in game caused, as well as more time spent considering its impact on a game and what goals its meant to meet in game design led me to realize it's an extremely bad idea taken by itself, at least in most games.

• visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    arimikami has said. PEACE!