Install Arc
Options

PTS Update FC.28.20120515.0

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    About Two Gun Mojo
    Consider that TGM has been a maintain power which can be used to trigger concentration. Design a new facter to it maybe better. Unless TGM applys an additional stackable concentration.

About Gatling Gun
    It is the same problem. GG itself is a maintain power. The advantage may need a new factor.

=======

About Forms' advantages

Endorphin Rush looks beautiful. However, how about the other advantages? Such as

Gifts of the Storm (in Form of the tempest) -- while we have so many minor dot currently. The "GIFT' a user can provide, normally, is very pathetc. The worse is it has a cooldown. (Endorphin Rush doesn't seem to have cooldown)

Cut Where It Counts (in Form of the Swordsman) -- This advantage is more pvp than pve. While pvp is almost died and most foes don't heal, this advantage really does nothing in current gameplay.

Rage of the Beast (in Form of the Tiger) -- This power requires player be held or rooted. Player can not control when to trigger it.

Storm's Eye Prana (in Form of the Master -- Cost 3 AP.

----

Compare with Endorphin Rush, all above advantages are significantly underpowered.

So, while you're still balancing the forms, please also fix or provide some useful factors/advantage to other forms.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Terlisha wrote:
    About Two Gun Mojo
    Consider that TGM has been a maintain power which can be used to trigger concentration. Design a new facter to it maybe better. Unless TGM applys an additional stackable concentration.

About Gatling Gun
    It is the same problem. GG itself is a maintain power. The advantage may need a new factor.

Not sure about Gattling Gun, but the enrage effect on Two Gun Mojo isn't an advantage, it's just innate.

Two Gun Mojo definitely needs some love because it's so very inferior to Assault Rifle, but that kind of thing will very likely have to wait for a Munitions pass.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Gentleman_Crush,

Sorry if I missed it somehow, but what is going to be happening to Mental Discipline?

If I might suggest... Keep it more or less what it is, but make it an option open to Ranged/Melee hybrids other than TK. Basically, make it scale on EGO or DEX, grant up to 10-15% critical chance and a stacking damage buff that's equal to ranged and melee but less than a more dedicated toggle grants to either.

Of course, this also means making the damage buff non-multiplicative, but I think the system as a whole would be better off if multiplicative buffs were restricted to things like specializations and role modifiers anyway.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Not sure about Gattling Gun, but the enrage effect on Two Gun Mojo isn't an advantage, it's just innate.

Two Gun Mojo definitely needs some love because it's so very inferior to Assault Rifle, but that kind of thing will very likely have to wait for a Munitions pass.

So I said it may need a new factor or provide a stackable concentration, but not just refresh concentration.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    XaoGarrent wrote:
    Gentleman_Crush,

Sorry if I missed it somehow, but what is going to be happening to Mental Discipline?

If I might suggest... Keep it more or less what it is, but make it an option open to Ranged/Melee hybrids other than TK. Basically, make it scale on EGO or DEX, grant up to 10-15% critical chance and a stacking damage buff that's equal to ranged and melee but less than a more dedicated toggle grants to either.

Of course, this also means making the damage buff non-multiplicative, but I think the system as a whole would be better off if multiplicative buffs were restricted to things like specializations and role modifiers anyway.

The form currently grants up to 10% crit chance when fully ranked.

I really don't want Ego Leech to become like the other stacks. Its effects are strongly tied to the Mentalist block's powers with or without the Form active; but without the form, it only makes a little dent in energy costs and is a critical booster component of the two big TK spikes.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    So what if my munitions character wants to us a focus martial arts form?

One of the many subjects I've been nattering on about endlessly. I don't understand the mechanical necessity of enforcing melee-preferential behavior on Focus. Gun-fu has been here (badly) as long as we've had Munitions powers. In fact, I suggested a Ranged-specific Focus form.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Munitions giving a ranged boost makes way more sense than beating people up with pistols with Enrage.

The moves inspired by the movie are appropriate for a game, and look good in a game, but they are completely absurd in a movie, or being done by live people for any reason. I watched that movie because someone here said it was good, and it was very much not...

Anyway - given all the Enrage and forms changes - it seems the bullet powers have been covered with changes - but Unbreakable as said being in the technology tree doesnt seem to be a very valid theme anymore, and now there are other options for a form buff.

Earth powers should probably be looked at too - being ranged powers Enrage may not be appropriate anymore.

The fact that you can not get more than 1 stack of any form you dont have the power for seems like it will negate any 'take Concentration and then also stack rage through x/y/z powers' shenanigans at least now.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Arafelis wrote:
    One of the many subjects I've been nattering on about endlessly. I don't understand the mechanical necessity of enforcing melee-preferential behavior on Focus. Gun-fu has been here (badly) as long as we've had Munitions powers. In fact, I suggested a Ranged-specific Focus form.

Something that requires a focus for ranged...something to Concentrate on maybe?

it doesnt use Dex, but then ranged powers use Ego now anyway for damage boost...so you want an additional, range only, dex only, form?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Or, since it fits a wide range of concepts, allow it to provide your highest stat in:

Dex: Focus
    Ego, Int: Concentration
    Str: Con: Enrage
    Pre: Compassion

That seems like extra coding to fit an outdated theme - given that all forms now are going to have ways within themselves to add stacks - unlike Enrage was terrible at adding stacks before without using several other powers to do it.

Maybe rather than messing with a 'multipower of stacks' - make it a short term untyped damage boost. All damage increased by 50% for say 15 seconds.

Of course then Field Surge looks weak by comparison at 15% and only if you stand in one spot....so many tangential impacts from changing Enrage...
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    riggsmax wrote:
    it doesnt use Dex, but then ranged powers use Ego now anyway for damage boost...so you want an additional, range only, dex only, form?

Yes, but that's not what I'm talking about now.

I'm talking about a specifically Focus-building Form that has a condition specific to ranged attacks and offers an innate preferential damage boost to ranged, but builds Focus stacks which would have an Dex-based but otherwise aconditional damage increase. (All Focus stacks would behave this way from any source.)

The advantage is to melee/ranged mixed builds, or deliberately, martial arts/technology (munitions or archery) builds. Concentration is specifically a ranged-boosting Form and with these changes, the 'Form of the' powers are specifically melee-boosting, although a little more forgiving (since Dex is not innately a melee or ranged stat).

As per here : http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=147506
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Gentleman Crush, I just wanted to say thanks for trying to bring some balance. As an avid Enrage PvPer it kinda sucks, but I like the addition of variety to the mix and the overall balance to the game these form changes bring. If I could ask of one change, please make Energy Builder ranks cost 1 instead of 2. I might sacrifice 2 points to rank it up...

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Sekimen wrote:
    70% nerf for Sentinel Aura? Wouldn't 50% max been enough?

I missed this the last time I looked at this. Sent aura allowed my Mind to be a viable healer in TT elite, the passive healing helping to bridge the gap and create a cushion between active healing.

50% I can understand - but 70% will really hurt. Sent aura is what made leveling my mind a worthwhile endeavor.

Also, sooo many changes, I'm gonna be really annoyed if there are more "forced" retcons as I subbed just for some power tinting. Please....please please, leave my poor cursed alone, I'm too fond of my blue toxicity.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Hold on guys! The single stack of Concentration WILL NOT wipe your focus stacks. Much like enrage, you can safely have single stacks of the buffs. You can use any form you like with Bullet Beatdown, just as before without worrying about losing your stacks due to 2GM.

Thanks for the clarification!

Its great to know that no one's concept will be ruined by this change and that those of us that have been waiting for a while for a ranged specific boost to munitions will finally get one at the same time. This will be an awesome change for the set!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    SeCKSEgai wrote:
    I missed this the last time I looked at this. Sent aura allowed my Mind to be a viable healer in TT elite, the passive healing helping to bridge the gap and create a cushion between active healing.

50% I can understand - but 70% will really hurt. Sent aura is what made leveling my mind a worthwhile endeavor.

Also, sooo many changes, I'm gonna be really annoyed if there are more "forced" retcons as I subbed just for some power tinting. Please....please please, leave my poor cursed alone, I'm too fond of my blue toxicity.

To me, all that says is that the Mind needs a lot of love to make it more viable. Needing a viciously overpowered spec choice to be workable would seem to be the mark of a lousy setup.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The form currently grants up to 10% crit chance when fully ranked.

I really don't want Ego Leech to become like the other stacks. Its effects are strongly tied to the Mentalist block's powers with or without the Form active; but without the form, it only makes a little dent in energy costs and is a critical booster component of the two big TK spikes.

I'd really prefer to keep it as is as well.

It's more versatile than people think. Yes, it does require having a foot in the mentalist set, but you don't need to be exclusively mentalist to make it a viable option.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Hey guys! We have been listening to your feedback today and have some adjustments to a few munitions powers we think you will like! Keep the feedback coming!

Two Gun Mojo:
    -This power now applies Concentration instead of Enrage.

Shotgun Blast:
    -This power's advantage (Breaching Round) now interacts with Concentration instead of Enrage.

Bullet Beatdown:
    -This power's advantage (Not without incident) now interacts with Concentration OR Enrage.

Gunslinger:
    -This power's advantage (Trick Shot) now interacts with Concentration instead of Enrage.

Lead Tempest:
    -This power's advantage (Tread Softly) now interacts with Concentration instead of Enrage.

Gatling Gun:
    -This power's advantage (Listen to Reason) now interacts with Concentration instead of Enrage.

And the list of required rebuilds just keeps growing.... :cool:

Makes sense...but excuse me while I cry in the corner over how many builds this just broke. :mad:

*sobs* :(

OK, I'm done. Off to the dojo...:D
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    riggsmax wrote:
    Of course then Field Surge looks weak by comparison at 15% and only if you stand in one spot....so many tangential impacts from changing Enrage...

Field Surge w/ Power Swell does not function like that at all. You're thinking of Force Eruption w/ Gravitational Polarity perhaps?

To me, all that says is that the Mind needs a lot of love to make it more viable. Needing a viciously overpowered spec choice to be workable would seem to be the mark of a lousy setup.

The Mind, like several other ATs, could use some work (especially with these pending changes) but it definitely doesn't hinge on Sent Aura. Several people in my SG (particularly one of my co-leaders Supercollide) leveled minds without issue or complaint before sentinel aura was put in and they were damn useful. Made my life a lot easier as the tank.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Aura Spec suggestions:

-Arbiter Aura's damage buff to melee becomes a multiplicative damage buff, with half that to ranged. (about 5% to one, 2.5% to the other)

-Overseer Aura's damage buff to ranged becomes a multiplicative damage buff, with half that to melee. (about 5% to one, 2.5% to the other)

-Sentry Aura provides +% Max HP to all users affected, same numbers as now (so 6% max HP increase at R3)

-Sentinel Aura gets changed to 50% of it's pre-nerf value instead of 30%. (I'm pretty sure this makes it weaker than buffed Nanites, and if not you need to look into how Nanites is scaling)

These would make the auras more competitive amongst each other, as well as always having something of meaningful benefit to add (they won't hit DR on damage buffs, they won't hit DR on resistance, and relatively minor healing-over-time is useful to most teams).

This would also make their related Spec trees more appealing both for dedicated support characters and DPS/Tanks that want to throw a bit of team-buffing in. Which seems to be their original intention.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    since no one mentioned this so far...
    regen still requires you to block to gain more health back, tooltip says otherwise.
    medical nanites ranked up gives less(tested with presence SSed not sure about others) at r2 than r1, and about 20 more at r3 from r1.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    serju wrote:
    regen still requires you to block to gain more health back, tooltip says otherwise.

What do mean regen requires you to block?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Dr.Sage wrote:
    Aura Spec suggestions:

-Arbiter Aura's damage buff to melee becomes a multiplicative damage buff, with half that to ranged. (about 5% to one, 2.5% to the other)

-Overseer Aura's damage buff to ranged becomes a multiplicative damage buff, with half that to melee. (about 5% to one, 2.5% to the other)

-Sentry Aura provides +% Max HP to all users affected, same numbers as now (so 6% max HP increase at R3)

-Sentinel Aura gets changed to 50% of it's pre-nerf value instead of 30%. (I'm pretty sure this makes it weaker than buffed Nanites, and if not you need to look into how Nanites is scaling)

These would make the auras more competitive amongst each other, as well as always having something of meaningful benefit to add (they won't hit DR on damage buffs, they won't hit DR on resistance, and relatively minor healing-over-time is useful to most teams).

This would also make their related Spec trees more appealing both for dedicated support characters and DPS/Tanks that want to throw a bit of team-buffing in. Which seems to be their original intention.

I like these ideas.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    snip

Aspect of the Bestial:
    -This power now allows you to stack Enrage by applying bleeds to your foe. You do not need to own the Enrage power for this to work.
    -This power counts as a Form.

snip

Please tell me this means that Frenzy stacks bleed now. You can even lie, just tell it does.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Sekimen wrote:
    I like these ideas.

Personal thoughts:

Arbiter : 3/ 6/ 10% Melee (pure, to fit the design concepts of the tree)
    Overseer: 3/ 6/ 10% Range (pure, to fit the design concepts of the tree)
    Sentry: 2/ 4/ 6 % Resist (it is fine)
    Sentinel: 20/ 40/ 60 HP Healing, 1/ 2/ 3 % max HP (receive no bouns from role, stats and gears)

Well, I'm no sentinel hater. I just believe it's the fair value for each invested point.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Dr.Sage wrote:
    Aura Spec suggestions:

Where do I sign?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing is happening.

/signed
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    What do mean regen requires you to block?

exactly what it says, you gain less health when not blocking(i didn't say any health, i said less). feel free to test it out.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    If that's true, and assuming it gives the normal amount of health without blocking, then you shouldn't have said anything. Giving more healing while blocking is a good thing for Regen. Not all it needs, but still pretty good.

Now they'll want to "fix" it. :(
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    On behalf of my client, the devil..

How strong do you really want spec auras buffs to be? I think they work on a conditional basis for a very good reason. I think they should STAY conditional.

Any of the specializations that are not conditional should be retrofit to be conditional to the spec tree in which they belong.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    serju wrote:
    exactly what it says, you gain less health when not blocking(i didn't say any health, i said less). feel free to test it out.

Interesting. From what you're saying it got flipped from what it used to do (less health when blocking, more when not). Gonna have to take a look at that for sure when I get in game.

Jaybezz wrote:
    On behalf of my client, the devil..

How strong do you really want spec auras buffs to be? I think they work on a conditional basis for a very good reason. I think they should STAY conditional.

Any of the specializations that are not conditional should be retrofit to be conditional to the spec tree in which they belong.

Many of the spec auras are currently so far into diminishing returns and so minuscule they aren't even worth it conditionally.

Signed,

Gawd
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    the tooltip was always wrong, so ppl went with it, assuming it was right, it just never fixed. I was honestly supprised they even messed with that passive to begin with. but since they did it's the first thing that came to my mind ragrding it...
    they won't have to break it, just fix the tooltip :p
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Wow you're upbeat, I wish I was half as optimistic as you are.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    serju wrote:
    the tooltip was always wrong, so ppl went with it, assuming it was right, it just never fixed. I was honestly supprised they even messed with that passive to begin with. but since they did it's the first thing that came to my mind ragrding it...
    they won't have to break it, just fix the tooltip :p

I know that whenever I've used regen on Arctic Flare my regen rate has always fallen to its base rate (400+) when blocking and reverted back to its original in combat number (~1100) when the block was released. I've documented it in one of my old videos.

Of course, previously you could get around it by tapping your blocks repeatedly since that didn't count as sustained blocking by the system. I'll be looking at this power tonight and submitting a bug report if I can see and reproduce some odd behavior like blocking increasing the regen rate rather than decreasing it.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    See, even the players are trying to "fix" it! And you all called me crazy! Mad you said! MAD! Well, I'll show you! I'll show you all!!! BWAHAhAhAHA!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I know that whenever I've used regen on Arctic Flare my regen rate has always fallen to its base rate (400+) when blocking and reverted back to its original in combat number (~1100) when the block was released. I've documented it in one of my old videos.

Of course, previously you could get around it by tapping your blocks repeatedly since that didn't count as sustained blocking by the system. I'll be looking at this power tonight and submitting a bug report if I can see and reproduce some odd behavior like blocking increasing the regen rate rather than decreasing it.

Regens rate depends highly on how much incoming damage you are taking. The reason blocking lowered this amount is because generally, your incoming damage was substantially lower. however, against high damage profile enemies your actual regeneration rate can remain unaffected if the damage is significant enough.

This has not changed about regeneration since it was changed to a 3 second ticking passive.

That being said, I am still going to push for regeneration to get a form of secondary mitigation along with resistance to heal debuffing. 30% more healing just isn't going to do much in the long run when more healing is not what this power needs.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The resistance to healing debuffs is the most pressing thing. Some form of secondary mitigation would be cool, but the real issue is certain attacks and effects shutting down your passive completely.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Yeah, having your passive shut off sucks.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The Mind, like several other ATs, could use some work (especially with these pending changes) but it definitely doesn't hinge on Sent Aura. Several people in my SG (particularly one of my co-leaders Supercollide) leveled minds without issue or complaint before sentinel aura was put in and they were damn useful. Made my life a lot easier as the tank.

He was referring to my comment in regards to running a mind on TT elite. Pre-Alert, a mind would struggle to keep up unless your tank was FF and/or players reduced dmg output to control their threat gen. A mind is still quite useful in its own right.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Parler pour Dieu?

Tu veut appler moi l'egoiste. Touche'
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Jaybezz wrote:
    Parler pour Dieu?

Je ne parle pas fran
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Jaybezz wrote:
    Parler pour Dieu?

"Tu veux m’appeler un égoïste. Touché"

If you wanna play smart in someone else's language, please don't make horrible mistakes.
    Thank you.

Also, so this post isn't totally useless: are the FX for the Power Beam final?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Silverspar wrote:
    Regens rate depends highly on how much incoming damage you are taking. The reason blocking lowered this amount is because generally, your incoming damage was substantially lower. however, against high damage profile enemies your actual regeneration rate can remain unaffected if the damage is significant enough.

This has not changed about regeneration since it was changed to a 3 second ticking passive.

That being said, I am still going to push for regeneration to get a form of secondary mitigation along with resistance to heal debuffing. 30% more healing just isn't going to do much in the long run when more healing is not what this power needs.

blocking didn't lower the amount, it increased it, the tooltip is wrong, once again... look at his numbers.

@ken, while you're at it, take a look at medical nanites which also seems bugged, r2 gives less, r3 gives a tiny bit more, instead of a bigger increase compared to r1
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    serju wrote:
    @ken, while you're at it, take a look at medical nanites which also seems bugged, r2 gives less, r3 gives a tiny bit more, instead of a bigger increase compared to r1

Just so I'm clear what I'm looking for are you saying R2 gives less than R1? I should be in-game in an hour...had some stuff to run past you when I catch up with you as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    serju wrote:
    blocking didn't lower the amount, it increased it, the tooltip is wrong, once again... look at his numbers.

If this is true, then it sounds like they accidentally only increased the amount in R1 but forgot to make comparable increase in R2 and R3 versions of the power. I don't know how regen's scaling with damage is done internally, but it could be a similar oversight - if only the base regen got the buff but it was not applied to it when it scales with damage. That might cause it to act strange when blocking (returning to base regen), although it still should heal more when it scales up to it's full power.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    serju wrote:

Look at whose numbers? Kenpo posted the only numbers I see, and they look like they are supposed to: Base regen when blocking, ~2.5x as much when taking damage and not blocking. Has someone posted different numbers?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Base regen 378 scales up to 944 while taking damage.. then falls down to 450-500 while blocking (it still stays above the BASE amount as it should since you're still taking damage.. which keeps bumping it up while blocking keeps bumping it down). As far as I can say it works as described in tooltip.

+ damage received increases healing up to 250% of normal
    - sustained blocking rapidly reduces the amount, but not below the base value

Edit: Well not in tooltip actually since tooltip didn't explain the scaling to begin with.. but the full power description anyway.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Yukitsuki wrote:
    Base regen 378 scales up to 944 while taking damage.. then falls down to 450-500 while blocking (it still stays above the BASE amount as it should since you're still taking damage.. which keeps bumping it up while blocking keeps bumping it down). As far as I can say it works as described in tooltip.

+ damage received increases healing up to 250% of normal
    - sustained blocking rapidly reduces the amount, but not below the base value

This is the way it's always worked on my Regen characters too. Every test I've run, on PTS and on Live, shows sustained blocking reduces the regeneration, not increases it.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    serju wrote:

Again, you are missing the point. If the damage is significant enough, your regen will not diminish. The amount regen heals for is completely dependent on the amount of damage you are taking. Even if you block, you can still maintain full regeneration rate if the damage is significant enough. So if you are being swarmed by a bunch of weak critters, if they are still adding up to a significant amount of damage even while blocking, your regen can keep increasing.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Hey guys! We have been listening to your feedback today and have some adjustments to a few munitions powers we think you will like! Keep the feedback coming!

Two Gun Mojo:
    -This power now applies Concentration instead of Enrage.

Shotgun Blast:
    -This power's advantage (Breaching Round) now interacts with Concentration instead of Enrage.

Bullet Beatdown:
    -This power's advantage (Not without incident) now interacts with Concentration OR Enrage.

Gunslinger:
    -This power's advantage (Trick Shot) now interacts with Concentration instead of Enrage.

Lead Tempest:
    -This power's advantage (Tread Softly) now interacts with Concentration instead of Enrage.

Gatling Gun:
    -This power's advantage (Listen to Reason) now interacts with Concentration instead of Enrage.

h man. You are really tempting me switch Form of The Tempest to Concentration on my Dual Pistols Munitions character.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    fuzun wrote:
    h man. You are really tempting me switch Form of The Tempest to Concentration on my Dual Pistols Munitions character.

Doesn't focus only increase melee damage, I'm not seeing why you FotT in the first place. :confused:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    riggsmax wrote:

I think you mean Force Eruption with Gravitational Polarity. Field Surge / Power Swell is the Active Defense power which can boost Damage :confused::)