What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PTS Update FC.28.20120515.0

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    This is exactly how I feel about the new Enrage + Endorphin goodness vs. Sentinel Aura nerf issue.

I think that is just an oversight, and should of course work with the same timer than forms. The only question
    is if Cryptic is this time wise enough to fix it before it goes life, or again let something like that go life and push
    the nerf-bat when everyone has gotten use to it :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Unstoppable's power description and tooltip does not indicate how much energy you will receive on an attempted knock. I'm uncertain when that disappeared.

Also, my Friend's list seems to improperly indicate the online status and location of the individuals on it. If it was not for the lack of supergroup information for people whom I know to be in one, I would not be able to tell whom was online without using the /who command. This does not affect everyone on my list however.. only a few people at random who may have been online at one point. I know one of them logs in via XMPP on occasion but they use a unique resource name (which they changed sometime yesterday) when they do.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Felivia wrote:
    I thought it had an ICD of 4 seconds?

edit: Tested. No ICD on Concentration. If this is intended, stacking it will be very easy. I recommend ranking an AO instead. It's not even a comparison here.

It needs an internal cooldown for maintains but 4 seconds seems awfully high.

If you fully charge a 1 second charge power, and then fully charge it again, that should be two stacks.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    BUG: Shuriken Throw and Snap Shot do not grant stacks of concentration when over 25 ft away.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:
    I think that is just an oversight, and should of course work with the same timer than forms. The only question
    is if Cryptic is this time wise enough to fix it before it goes life, or again let something like that go life and push
    the nerf-bat when everyone has gotten use to it :rolleyes:

Yeah, you're probably right. I was just being purposely hyperbolic to make a point. Hopefully they'll balance this out before it goes Live. Unlike the On Alert patch, I don't think there's a set date for this so maybe there's hope still.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Anyways, on other points;

Howl, Frenzy and Bite aren't stacking enrage like they are suppose to.

My points on Regeneration. Ok, to be blunt, healing was not and never has been this powers problem. I don't understand this change. 30% more healing isn't going to solve it's major problem, and that problem is attacks applying heal resistance (no ability to ignore that thus negating an entire defensive almost) and the increasing addition of spike damage in normal attacks. Healing doesn't do much when a large part of this sets potential is being lost because of higher and higher mob damage. And other than PFF, no other defensive can be nearly 100% shut down like regeneration can.

Again, regeneration's healing is not the problem, and increasing it isn't going to solve the problem that this defensive has. It needs a secondary defensive effect to it if you are really trying to get it to be more on par and desirable as a defensive.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Silverspar wrote:
    Anyways, on other points;

My points on Regeneration. Ok, to be blunt, healing was not and never has been this powers problem. I don't understand this change. 305 more healing isn't going to solve it's major problem, and that problem is attacks applying heal resistance (no ability to ignore that thus negating an entire defensive almost) and the increasing addition of spike damage in normal attacks. Healing doesn't do much when a large part of this sets potential is being lost because of higher and higher mob damage. And other than PFF, no other defensive can be nearly 100% shut down like regeneration can.

Again, regeneration's healing is not the problem, and increasing it isn't going to solve the problem that this defensive has. It needs a secondary defensive effect to it if you are really trying to get it to be more on par and desirable as a defensive.

Maybe somehow change its flag from 'external heals' to 'innate heals' or something that gets past the healing debuffs.

As for defense - maybe add...up to 3 stacks of Defiant, 1 per rank?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Silverspar wrote:
    My points on Regeneration. Ok, to be blunt, healing was not and never has been this powers problem. I don't understand this change. 305 more healing isn't going to solve it's major problem, and that problem is attacks applying heal resistance (no ability to ignore that thus negating an entire defensive almost) and the increasing addition of spike damage in normal attacks. Healing doesn't do much when a large part of this sets potential is being lost because of higher and higher mob damage. And other than PFF, no other defensive can be nearly 100% shut down like regeneration can.

I kinda have to agree with this. Regen's healing is probably already good enough as it is. There's nothing you will fix by throwing more heal on regen than its current amount of healing can't already fix. The problem is that sometimes healing is not enough to survive spike damage and some powers can shut down healing in ways few other passives in this game can be shut down. Giving it more healing doesn't address either of those issues, but giving it secondary effects might.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Silverspar wrote:

This points to a broader problem: With the new Enrage form, all powers that currently only give one stack or refresh Enraged should be adjusted to add stacks when you have Enrage toggled on.

Also, has anyone tested Unbreakable's advantage? If it no longer allows multiple stacks of Enraged without also having the Enrage form, it's now useless. I suggest replacing the stacks of Enraged with a new unique damage buff (see Masterful Dodge's Unfettered Strikes).
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Silverspar wrote:

Agreed, Regeneration should probably get some bonus healing, but not before it gets some sorely sorely needed built in mitigation. No one's going to go around tanking with Regeneration unless it gets it's needed mitigation. There's not a lot of people tanking bosses with Regeneration mostly because spike damage and anti heals lock it down.

I could make suggestions on how to fix it but really they need to cover the healing angle and the mitigation angle.
    The first suggestion would involve some anti-healing resistance (but not full immunity as it should have some effect).
    The rest of these suggestions should not be taken together. They are meant as a variety of suggested ways to deal with mitigation concerns of a tanking passive:
    There's a lot of ways to give Regen some mitigation, but one that's interesting I think would be for damage taken to reduce the cooldown of active defenses, allowing you to rotate something like Unbreakable or Masterful Dodge. We've seen how strong this can be in the spec trees. Regeneration can make it even stronger. I'm sure Cryptic can fiddle with exact uptimes of having an active defense active and it's impact on mitigation, so I'm not going to suggest any particulars here.

Another similar solution would be to make Regeneration provide a clickable power in the tray who's cooldown reduces as you take damage that provides some level of mitigation. The cooldown should be reduced by how big of the incoming, pre-mitigation damage you're taking is, allowing you to adapt to different tanking demands.

Another interesting solution would be to subvert the system entirely by changing how non-Regeneration heal ticks affect a Regen user, allowing you to turn heals into stacking mitigation in exchange for reducing their impact. (Subverting the role that heals play on a passive that heals itself would be cool, but it'd be tricky to do the numbers right here)

Another, more radical idea would be to increase the amount of defense that items give you while using Regeneration.

Even still more radical would be to have Regeneration increase your Health Pool dramatically in ways that are commensurate with the amount of damage mitigation that other defensive passives provide. Regeneration dealing with damage by having a supermassive hp pool, and commensurate +Healing recieved could be used to, on paper, provide the same effective benefits as a mitigation passive. In the end, living or dying as a tank is based on a concept called 'EHP' or 'Effective HP' and mitigation is a multiplier on that. Why not allow Regeneration to -be- a literal multiplier of your hp, instead of an 'effective' multiplier?

The long and short though is that Regeneration really needs something other than 'more healing' (which it should also get too).
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I don't really think Regen needs innate damage mitigation since you can acheive a nice damage resistance (defense and dodge) thanks to spec trees and gear. Regen's issue is still the same as ever: its lack of heal debuff resistance.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Re Sentinel tree. A couple things. (And as far as I remember the auras did not stack, it has been a while since it first came out)

First off, just like Regeneration vs say Invulnerability - you cannot just look at the amount it heals, you have to look at the amount of damage reduction you are losing, or amount of DPS you are losing taking an alternative passive/spec. Just like Psionic healing is better healing than no healing - but you give up an attack or defense power to have it.

More people take Invulnerability not because Regeneration has weak healing, but because you will not need as much healing because you are stopping MORE damage over time than you got with the healing. Battle conditions means you dont have unlimited time to heal back up after a hit, you need to stop a big spike, lots of little hits maybe, and be back at fighting power quickly. Regeneration gives zero defense and stopping power, and while it will eventually get you back up - a second spike could easily take you out say.

For Sentinel aura - same deal - what have you given up to take it? Say some Guardian/Warden/Protector for defense, or one of the offensive lines.

The amount you will reduce incoming damage with a defensive line will be greater than the healing you get from the (70% reduction) aura. Unless you are in a fight with one enemy that doesnt do a ton of damage, in which case you dont care anyway - for a self heal the aura will be worse now than taking a defensive line.

"But it is for support" is the argument. Ok. Treat it like other auras. A reduced amount for others, and only a smaller reduction on the self portion. In support role a bigger amount healed by allies. And making sure that auras dont stack, just the highest applies.

Other spec trees that even are defensive focused also still have bonuses to damage, extra crit severity, +offense and defense, retribution, etc. So they had good specs on top of adding in defense to reduce incoming damage. For a 'healer', there seem to be a couple things that might be used to heal more, but they all seemed kinda weak, so most people appeared to ignore most of the rest of the line, and if used on a non-support healer - basically the rest of the line is useless.

So while it might be true that the full aura was too strong - it is not really 3 points it cost for the healing - it was 10 - because you lock out an entire other line to get it - do less damage and have less damage resistance - for the sake of that healing.

So really - for spending 10 points on a line only because of the healing, 70% reduction is a very heavy nurf.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Vylma wrote:
    I don't really think Regen needs innate damage mitigation since you can acheive a nice damage resistance (defense and dodge) thanks to spec trees and gear. Regen's issue is still the same as ever: its lack of heal debuff resistance.

You can do that with every passive, so, it's still behind the other defensive passives even if you do stack dodge and avoidance (and who doesn't now?).
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    riggsmax wrote:
    Re Sentinel tree. A couple things. (And as far as I remember the auras did not stack, it has been a while since it first came out)

First off, just like Regeneration vs say Invulnerability - you cannot just look at the amount it heals, you have to look at the amount of damage reduction you are losing, or amount of DPS you are losing taking an alternative passive/spec. Just like Psionic healing is better healing than no healing - but you give up an attack or defense power to have it.

Sentinel aura is unique in that, while most specs boost the performance of something already in place - like, with the example I used of a best-case scenario for Eternal Spring, delivering a HoT based on a massive spike-heal crit - it is just there, performing at a level more appropriate for a support passive (and in the process, just highlighting Medical Nanites' uselessness).
    riggsmax wrote:
    More people take Invulnerability not because Regeneration has weak healing, but because you will not need as much healing because you are stopping MORE damage over time than you got with the healing. Battle conditions means you dont have unlimited time to heal back up after a hit, you need to stop a big spike, lots of little hits maybe, and be back at fighting power quickly. Regeneration gives zero defense and stopping power, and while it will eventually get you back up - a second spike could easily take you out say.

For Sentinel aura - same deal - what have you given up to take it? Say some Guardian/Warden/Protector for defense, or one of the offensive lines.

Even in nerfed form it compares favorably to other specs in Sentinel that, by extension, also incur those opportunity costs.
    riggsmax wrote:

So while it might be true that the full aura was too strong - it is not really 3 points it cost for the healing - it was 10 - because you lock out an entire other line to get it - do less damage and have less damage resistance - for the sake of that healing.

So really - for spending 10 points on a line only because of the healing, 70% reduction is a very heavy nurf.

Now you're just demonstrating why the problem existed. There are 17 other slots to spec those 10 points into in the Sentinel block.

I compared Sentinel tree healing to Sentinel tree healing in the second phase of my analysis. If Sentinel is underpowered without its ridiculous aura, buff the rest of it. I don't think it is, though.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Regens issue is that in lairs they dont hold up against mobs, against bosses regen is fine in fact its one of my preferred tanking passives. It needs something that allows it to compete with iinvuln and defiance when against mobs without changing its effectiveness against bosses. 30% boost is nice for regen and helps against the mobs but not by much, there are some interesting things you can do now with the spec trees involving additional sources of regeneration but in the end they still cant compete with the damage reduction provided by invuln and defiance.

Still not to happy with the toggle changes on power armor powers, msa was fine and fit into the theme of the intelligence of the builder it was designed intellegently thus it functioned properly so it fit theme and provided the energy returns so desperately needed by this set. cant pass final judgement untill we see the new energy unlock.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Zellgarith wrote:
    Regens issue is that in lairs they dont hold up against mobs, against bosses regen is fine in fact its one of my preferred tanking passives. It needs something that allows it to compete with iinvuln and defiance when against mobs without changing its effectiveness against bosses. 30% boost is nice for regen and helps against the mobs but not by much, there are some interesting things you can do now with the spec trees involving additional sources of regeneration but in the end they still cant compete with the damage reduction provided by invuln and defiance.

Still not to happy with the toggle changes on power armor powers, msa was fine and fit into the theme of the intelligence of the builder it was designed intellegently thus it functioned properly so it fit theme and provided the energy returns so desperately needed by this set. cant pass final judgement untill we see the new energy unlock.
    Defiance isn't so great against mob packs, invul's flat damage absorption makes the difference. That's why so many Defiance tanks used IDF before it became a form you can't use along with Aggressor, and now Enrage. Perhaps some flat damage reduction, maybe just a bit less than invul, would help Regeneration.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Regeneration: flat damage reduction like Unstoppable.

IDF: reduce energy penalty down to what other Forms have. Add some percent resist, so it's like micro Invulnerability. Well IDF now has big competition. In current form no one's gonna take it.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I still think that the Bonus Healing effect on Sentinel Aura should be increased. The base amount doesn't have to be, just the interaction between it and Bonus Healing, to make it more worthwile for Supporters, but not to allow anyone to take it as an easy heal. My main has A LOT of bonus healing. His Bionic Shieldings heal for 1.8k a tick. To have Sentinel Aura at 300 with that amount of Bonus Healing is a bit anticlimactic.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Pirogen wrote:
    Regeneration: flat damage reduction like Unstoppable.

IDF: reduce energy penalty down to what other Forms have. Add some percent resist, so it's like micro Invulnerability. Well IDF now has big competition. In current form no one's gonna take it.

I can't envision a build in which I would take IDF now.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I can't envision a build in which I would take IDF now.
    In addition to AoRP on a support toon for the team's benefit, that's the only case I'd take IDF.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Not sure if it's been stated yet or not but the mechanic on Compassion that grants a stack when you receive healing needs to be removed. When running Compassion with Sentinel Aura or any other power that is constantly healing you it's possible to maintain 8 stacks indefinitely.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Silverspar wrote:
    My points on Regeneration. Ok, to be blunt, healing was not and never has been this powers problem. I don't understand this change. 30% more healing isn't going to solve it's major problem, and that problem is attacks applying heal resistance (no ability to ignore that thus negating an entire defensive almost) and the increasing addition of spike damage in normal attacks. Healing doesn't do much when a large part of this sets potential is being lost because of higher and higher mob damage. And other than PFF, no other defensive can be nearly 100% shut down like regeneration can.

I'm loathe to suggest an advantage since I'd imagine you'd want Regen at rank 3. But if they did would something like this sound appropriate:

Adaptive Healing - Your body learns to heal more efficiently from successive attacks of the same type, reducing the effect of incoming damage.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Vylma wrote:
    In addition to AoRP on a support toon for the team's benefit, that's the only case I'd take IDF.

As opposed to compassion?

That's a poor choice unless you were running a theme character who was support without any heals.

Which is a deliberately sub-optimal concept. If you're going for sub-optimal anyway, then sure, IDF becomes reasonable.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Vylma wrote:

Not I. Not with the forms that allow me to Hold or Heal more effectively as a support toon.

I can only see IDF being used on my Pet Master

...possibly.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Cyrone85 wrote:
    Not sure if it's been stated yet or not but the mechanic on Compassion that grants a stack when you receive healing needs to be removed. When running Compassion with Sentinel Aura or any other power that is constantly healing you it's possible to maintain 8 stacks indefinitely.

I haven't tested the stack activation mechanic for this but that is a big problem..

Something that I don't mind at all in Nannites but something I DO really mind using Sentinel Aura.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    As opposed to compassion?

That's a poor choice unless you were running a theme character who was support without any heals.

Which is a deliberately sub-optimal concept. If you're going for sub-optimal anyway, then sure, IDF becomes reasonable.
    I heal very rarely, and I don't need a stronger heal. Damage mitigation through AoRP, Ebon Weakness and Force Shield is enough in most case.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I kinda have to agree with this. Regen's healing is probably already good enough as it is. There's nothing you will fix by throwing more heal on regen than its current amount of healing can't already fix. The problem is that sometimes healing is not enough to survive spike damage and some powers can shut down healing in ways few other passives in this game can be shut down. Giving it more healing doesn't address either of those issues, but giving it secondary effects might.

I'll add my agreement (mostly) to this as well. I will disagree about spike damage. Spike damage can be managed with using blocking or moving out of range (if possible). My mediocre build Bestial character can solo Viper Base on MI up through Chimera. (Chimera was a bit too much for that character). An optimized build should no problems with spike damage.

As to the rest, Regen needs a goodly amount of Healing Debiff resistance. Healing is is Regen's entire schtick. It's can be taken away entirely to easily. Overall Damage penetration isn't total at it's worse. Or it's relegated to an individual attack. Or an individual NPCs (*shakes first at Pulson Rifles* ).
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Amosov wrote:
    I'm loathe to suggest an advantage since I'd imagine you'd want Regen at rank 3. But if they did would something like this sound appropriate:

Adaptive Healing - Your body learns to heal more efficiently from successive attacks of the same type, reducing the effect of incoming damage.

Or perhaps borrow a mechanic from one of STO gear sets. Ther Aegis set has a power which proc's a damage resistance buff which stacks up to 5 when taking damage. But each proc is only for a specific damage type. So if you are Regen Character being hit by dimensional and piercing damage, you would wind up with stacks damage resistance dimension and piercing.

If not for Regen, perhaps the same mechanic would be applied to Personal Force Field. They so seems to a good synergy together.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I really love this "adaptive healing" idea.

Great thinking outside the box!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Cyrone85 wrote:
    That didn't happen to me in this last build using Medical Nanites and Sentinel Aura. It happened in the previous build, which was fun and all, but it seems they fixed it in this build.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    fuzun wrote:
    Or perhaps borrow a mechanic from one of STO gear sets. Ther Aegis set has a power which proc's a damage resistance buff which stacks up to 5 when taking damage. But each proc is only for a specific damage type. So if you are Regen Character being hit by dimensional and piercing damage, you would wind up with stacks damage resistance dimension and piercing.

If not for Regen, perhaps the same mechanic would be applied to Personal Force Field. They so seems to a good synergy together.

The Aegis stacking resistance does sound more suited to something like force fields. Saying that, maybe IDF could benefit from having that kind of stacking resistance too. It needs something extra with all the changes going on.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Specializations: Sentinel Aura:•This specialization has had its healing reduced by 70%.

PLEASE NO! NO NO NO NO NO! It is difficult enough trying to run a Mind WITH Sentinel Aura...her PRE is325 and ticks around 750~ per 3 secs...are you trying to get rid of Mind AT? if so just delete it please...I didnt think it was possible for it to be nerfed more than it is already, I was wrong T-T...

IF Sentinel Aura is reduced by 70% + AoRP's effectiveness to self reduced by 20% + Non-existant/ rubbish CC thanks to Incapacitates system (not too bad for charged holds) = Why bother to have Mind as an AT? I am sure even an NPC civilian would be able to take more dmg and dish out more dmg than I could....

Please leave this specialization alone...nothing is wrong with it....please I am begging you! :(
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Specializations: Sentinel Aura:•This specialization has had its healing reduced by 70%.

PLEASE NO! NO NO NO NO NO! It is difficult enough trying to run a Mind WITH Sentinel Aura...her PRE is325 and ticks around 750~ per 3 secs...are you trying to get rid of Mind AT? if so just delete it please...I didnt think it was possible for it to be nerfed more than it is already, I was wrong T-T...

IF Sentinel Aura is reduced by 70% + AoRP's effectiveness to self reduced by 20% + Non-existant/ rubbish CC thanks to Incapacitates system (not too bad for charged holds) = Why bother to have Mind as an AT? I am sure even an NPC civilian would be able to take more dmg and dish out more dmg than I could....

Please leave this specialization alone...nothing is wrong with it....please I am begging you! :(

I agree with you that the Mind AT needs SO much help post On Alert..

One Overpowered Specialization isn't the answer tho.. This aura performs in a way that no other specialization aura does. It really does need to be 1) nerfed if not 2) changed
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Specializations: Sentinel Aura:•
    This specialization has had its healing reduced by 70%.

So basically Crpytic just swapped the healing of Sentinel Aura with Medical Nanites. So now Sentinel Aura is about as useful as the old Medical Nanites is, while Medical Nanites has the awesome healing of Sentinel Aura.

Bravo.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Is there any chance of getting an alternate look or two for the Minigun power. I was thinking a parrot.... I mean Parrot Gun ALA Predator.. Although obviously a fire spitting parrot would be good too!
    Mind you the Predator shoulder gun might be better suited as a skin for the Rocket Launcher?
    Figure this could be popular and as you are doing stuff with PA.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I like to think of the new Sentinel Aura of something akin to a perma team BCR, without RR naturally. Take away what it was before completely and it's not that bad without any comparison. I do think that 60% or 55% would have been more appropriate tho.

I actually completely hated Sentinel Aura with it's massive ticks. I felt like I was cheating and it made things way less challenging, which is a bad thing in Champs that was already easy to begin with. I'm glad for the nerf, though not glad that it was so heavy....
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    So basically Crpytic just swapped the healing of Sentinel Aura with Medical Nanites. So now Sentinel Aura is about as useful as the old Medical Nanites is, which Medical Nanites has the awesome healing of Sentinel Aura.

Bravo.

You may be being sarcastic but this is a great change. Medical Nannites is a passive. Sentinel aura is a specialization aura. They may perform the same function but the weight of choosing a passive is much greater than that of a specialization.

Blu8 wrote:
    I like to think of the new Sentinel Aura of something akin to a perma team BCR, without RR naturally. Take away what it was before completely and it's not that bad without any comparison. I do think that 60% or 55% would have been more appropriate tho.
    BCR comes with a 10% damage penalty and costs energy (and a power point) to use.. Sentinel Aura does not and affects a whole team+pets
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Jaybezz wrote:
    BCR comes with a 10% damage penalty and costs energy (and a power point) to use.. Sentinel Aura does not and affects a whole team+pets

Well there you go, even better ;D
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    For regen, how about an escalating damage resistance buff based on how low your health is? Would definitely make it a lot more exciting to play. Similar to the knockback resist adv on defiance. I think it would cover regen's shortcomings, without being OP.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    megaerik00 wrote:
    For regen, how about an escalating damage resistance buff based on how low your health is? Would definitely make it a lot more exciting to play. Similar to the knockback resist adv on defiance. I think it would cover regen's shortcomings, without being OP.

That'd actually be a lot of fun to not only play as but also duel... and to get ME to want to duel something is crazy... because I just don't duel lol I stand behind this 100%, very nice.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    megaerik00 wrote:

What about being one shotted before you even getting a resistance buff?

BTW how about giving Regen an inherent + to HP since this power can only heal you for as much HP as you have so it's basically tied to it.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Nightrod wrote:
    What about being one shotted before you even getting a resistance buff?

BTW how about giving Regen an inherent + to HP since this power can only heal you for as much HP as you have so it's basically tied to it.

I'm thinking another way:

if regen user suffers a heavy strike ( damage > 50% max hp) or regen user's hp becomes lower than 30% of max hp, he receives a great portion of instant heal. This emergency heal has an internal cooldown.

and maybe make regen immune to bleed and poison. (base on classic regen comic heroes)

---

Well, providing resistance or defense to regen .... for me, it just doesn't feel right.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I still think that the Bonus Healing effect on Sentinel Aura should be increased. The base amount doesn't have to be, just the interaction between it and Bonus Healing, to make it more worthwile for Supporters, but not to allow anyone to take it as an easy heal. My main has A LOT of bonus healing.

This is part of why I want it to become a %healed (and shielded) buff. Let's say you have a 100 -point heal. With 20% bonus healed on target, this would be 120; with 100% bonus healing, it would be 200. But with both, it wouldn't be the additive 220 -- it would be 240, because the effects are multiplicative. And not only that but all of the affected targets' self-heals and whatnot are also buffed, and similarly multiplied with *their* bonus healing %s.

So with your bionic shielding example, you'd gain something like 700 points of healing per tick, making it comparable to the lost healing from Sentinel Aura -- plus, it would affect all of your applicable HoTs, all of your allies' heals, and all of your allies' self-heals. Even if the amount they chose for the %healed aura is smaller and more in-line with the other aura skills, it would still be a fantastic field effect because of that wide multiplicative nature.
    Amosov wrote:

Heh, that's actually pretty cool. I like it.

Um, but they still need the heal-reduction-resistance. Regen healing should be essentially unsuppressible; otherwise, it's the defensive passive you had, until you got into a fight. And I do think Regen needs one other effect -- for their effect stacks not to clear on their body unless they release (or, at least for a few seconds). So getting rezzed (or more likely, self-rezzing) will put them back immediately at at least the strength they were when they went down. This is like the "not really dead!" effect most Regen heroes in comic books seem to have.

(Basically, I imagine Regen would have behavior coded into it preventing affected heroes from being reduced below 1 hp for 10-30 seconds, but giving them absolute immunity to all effects, including damage and healing, while in this state. This is pretty kludgy and Champions might be able to support a better psudeo-death mechanic, but the one I outlined might be a place to start.)
    Terlisha wrote:
    and maybe make regen immune to bleed and poison. (base on classic regen comic heroes)

Also nice.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Hey guys! More updates here! We have been working hard and listening to feedback and have some more patch notes to share with you for the next push so you guys can get a sneak peek. Keep the feedback coming!

Enrage:
    -You now gain Energy when you gain a stack of Enraged! and you no longer gain hit points. This now has a 3 second cooldown.
    -Advantage: Endorphin Rush: This advantage now has a flat 6 second duration (duration no longer scales on Defiance stacks) and the healing granted is modified by the number of stacks of enrage you have. The effectiveness at 8 stacks of Enraged! is roughly ~30% more effective than the previous base.
    -Enrage should no longer drop off in the rare cases where you were at 8 stacks and used a power that would temporarily cause your stacks to exceed 10. It is properly capped at 8 stacks now.

Compassion:
    -Now affects shield strength as well.

Concentration:
    -You may only gain stacks once every 2 seconds now.

Inertial Dampening Field:
    - Energy Penalty reduced to 10%.
    - This power has had its shield amount increased by roughly ~19%

Aspect of the Bestial:
    -This power now allows you to stack Enrage by applying bleeds to your foe. You do not need to own the Enrage power for this to work.
    -This power counts as a Form.

Aspect of the Infernal:
    -This power now allows you to stack Concentration by applying poisons to your foe. You do not need to own the Concentration power for this to work.

Aspect of the Ethereal:
    -This power has been removed.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Whoah whoah whoah whoah whoah! Do NOT like the Aspect of the Infernal change. That totally neuters my Infernal character that uses Devour Essence as his main attack and ranged stuff for AoE. Why can't you just leave it how it was? That or change Devour Essence to be classified as a ranged attack.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Enrage should still work fine with devour essence, and half as good for your ranged attacks, which is not as bad as it sounds with all the diminishing returns. Although i can see how this would be disappointing to lose the gfx for some concepts.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    megaerik00 wrote:
    Enrage should still work fine with devour essence, but i can see how this would be disappointing to lose the gfx for some concepts.

Yea, I actually liked the graphics for Aspect of the Ethereal :(
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    [snip]

Thank you.

About IDF, I remember that you have discussed plans to resolve the problem (maintain powers and dots become less useful or even completely useless) caused by flat damage shield.

Maybe it's the time to bring out the plan.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    megaerik00 wrote:
    Enrage should still work fine with devour essence, but i can see how this would be disappointing to lose the gfx for some concepts.

Aspect of the Bestial doesn't work for Devour Essence because Infernal applies no bleed. Enrage itself doesn't work because Infernal doesn't knock unless you pick up the spinning chain attack, which I don't use. Aspect of the Infernal applying Concentration sucks for Devour Essence because for one thing, Devour Essence doesn't apply poison, and also because Devour Essence is melee and so gets half the bonus from Concentration. With this change, the only thing that will work properly with Devour Essence is Form of the Tempest, which sucks because I liked the graphics for Aspect of the Infernal and it kills my ranged damage. What was wrong with how it was where Infernal users were true hybrids? Devour Essence isn't as good at melee damage as other sets using Focus/Enrage and ranged Infernal damage isn't as good as dedicated ranged characters using Concentration.
  • Options
    edited May 2012

Aspect of the Bestial:
    -This power now allows you to stack Enrage by applying bleeds to your foe. You do not need to own the Enrage power for this to work.

Aspect of the Infernal:
    -This power now allows you to stack Concentration by applying poisons to your foe. You do not need to own the Concentration power for this to work.

well since you're changing both aspect of the bestial and infernal, could you add in some option to turn off the auras on them.
    also do these changes mean that they will also gain energy when a stack is gained or not?