test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher Problem!! Help!!! :(

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    so in other words the only way to play the game that i pay money for is to wait until they "feel" like fixing it?
    edited September 2011
    The link doesn't seem to work for me. Maybe it can't find where I installed the game client.
    edited September 2011
    im glad that im not the only one suffering this problem.. im a new player and i just downloaded this game last night(about 3gig)... i wanna know how much will i need to patch if i downloaded the 3gig zip installer.

and one more thing.. dont they have a manual patch?
    edited September 2011
    That depends on how new or old the downloaded files are, and how many patches you need to be up to date... and no, i do not think that they have manual patches... would be nice to have, so you could patch without being forced to use the launcher.

About the link, i can only guess that the IE does not know where to go from the logg in... :confused:

I can see some new MS optional updates, lets see if that will help with this problem...
    edited September 2011
    Regenwurm wrote:
    That depends on how new or old the downloaded files are, and how many patches you need to be up to date... and no, i do not think that they have manual patches... would be nice to have, so you could patch without being forced to use the launcher.

About the link, i can only guess that the IE does not know where to go from the logg in... :confused:

okay.. can you check your champions online directory and see how much size it is? so i would now how much size i need more to patch.

very disappointing that i cant get it work because of this stupid launcher thinggy.
    edited September 2011
    4.28GB at the moment.
    edited September 2011
    Regenwurm wrote:
    4.28GB at the moment.

mine C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios -- 3.2 gig

1 gig patch QQ
    edited September 2011
    Well, at least you can patch and hopefully play after the patching. :D
    edited September 2011
    unfortunately im still having patching problems too :p

i tried tracerouting and i had a maximum of 500ms. maybe latency issues?
    -asian here
    edited September 2011
    I do not know, but as long as the lag is gone when you start to play... ;)
    edited September 2011
    Ijust cant believe it! Not this problem again...I ve subscribed for a 3 month menbership the past sunday and thats how cryptic repays my money? Guys if i download the launcher in this topic again and try to use it will it work?
    edited September 2011
    http://www.mediafire.com/?i6952i95dc67w3r

trying it, give me 5 minutes...
    edited September 2011
    It ddnt work for me...
    edited September 2011
    Same here, i guess we need a new launcher... again. :mad:
    edited September 2011
    Does anyone knows where to find a new launcher?If i install the game again will it work?
    edited September 2011
    Ok, in order for the launcher to work again you must redo the exact troubleshooting Khily and TophX has given the first time the problem has occured. That is, to move your existing Champions folder in another location and then make a new installation of the game but canceling it as soon as the launcher appears. Afterwards, get the launcher file from the newly installed client and then bring back the game client folder that was moved in another location and then replace that client's launcher with the new one.

In other words, the launcher must be in its "purest, unpatched" form. By the way, doing the same trick of uploading the launcher file for distribution no longer seems to work. You will need your installer for you to pull this off. It would be best to keep your installers just in case sh*t like this happens again.

Instructions given by Khilly were:

• Backup your Champion Online...
    • Rename your Cryptic Studios folder with something else...
    • Install the game again to the same path with your Champion Online folder...
    Ex: D:\Games\Cryptic Studios A that renamed before, then install to D:\Games\Cryptic Studios...
    So the launcher path will be the same as your Champion Online before...
    • After installation, copy the newest launcher to the old one...
    • Delete the newest installed Champion Online, then run the old one, don't uninstall, just delete...
    • If it work, it will be run just like mine again...

As of now, my client is back up and running again after following these. It's a hassle though, and I even ended up wasting my time installing Dragon Nest (much to my chagrin) out of frustration. :p
    edited September 2011
    Ok I unistalled and than reinstalled the game and now the launcher works fine and theres a new patch of 658 mb , I havent done the troubleshooting that you posted before this but lets see now if the game works properly...
    edited September 2011
    Grrr... me too. :mad:
    But i used my old CO cd, so i only have to download 2685 MB... :rolleyes:

I hope they fix this crap before the next patch... :mad:
    edited September 2011
    Tried the above tactic to the letter, hasnt worked.

All i get now is the Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate saying "

Ok nevermind.... it loaded whilst i was typing this LOL :D
    edited September 2011
    i HAVE noticed i now have a DELETEME exe, should i do what it says and kill it? or leave it alone? :o
    edited September 2011
    I had the same problem and already contacted the CP.

They told me to go to the folder where CO is installed, and try to run the game by using the "run as..." command and choosing an administrator account (I just used my account). For some reason, it worked, so you might want to try that, but I can't guarantee anything, since I know as much about PCs as about Quantum Physics.
    edited September 2011
    Not sure about this deletme thing, but i would not touch it, unless it start making any problems... never touch a running system... :p

Since i'm using an account with administration rights that would not had helped, but thanks for your input, may be someone else can benefit from it. :)
    edited September 2011
    Regenwurm wrote:
    Since i'm using an account with administration rights that would not had helped, but thanks for your input, may be someone else can benefit from it. :)

I was using an admin account too. I just used my own account name and password.
    edited September 2011
    so we all have to reinstall the game?
    That is uncool cryptic fix ur sh%i
    edited September 2011
    I can't get past the Cryptic Autolauncher Updater when I try to load either CO (Champions Online) or STO (Star Trek Online). Once the Cryptic Autolauncher Updater has tried 1 or 2 times to connect, a message box shows up saying: Unable to establish connecto to Patcher Server. Please Check your Internet connection. If problems persist please contact technical support. :mad: Please fix this issue Cryptic this is getting unacceptably ridiculous. I can wait and play other games and do other things, but I really would like it if the patcher server or launchers for CO and STO would be fixed or working when go back to try and play these games. This is unacceptable. :mad:
    edited September 2011
    we ........ are on the same boat.
    edited September 2011
    Sorry to hear that folks still can't get into the game.

Without having to re-download the 2.6G old installer from Cryptic or reinstall the game, here is what worked for me (assuming you don't have Windows AutoUpdate active):

1) turned on Windows AutoUpdate (yeah, I know);
    2) made sure to check only Security Fixes for XP & IE (rather than a new version);
    3) AutoUpdate downloaded and installed fixes (again set to manual/expert so I can see what's being installed);
    4) turned off AutoUpdate & rebooted;
    5) tried loading CO using the Cryptic Launcher (by this time, CO server was back up from last patch);
    6) the Launcher displayed the same small gray box for a while;
    7) apparently, it downloaded a new launcher (I checked my firewall's app monitor & saw the d/l);
    8) new launcher loaded (ver 2011.9.27.1308) & I got my login screen;
    9) after logging in, it downloaded the patch ...then I'm in the game.

Anyway, thought I'd share this in case it helps someone get back in the game.
    PS: As it is, I don't have access to a file share site so I can't upload it for folks.
    edited September 2011
    IE up to date and no other updates available, so, why was the launcher not doing his work?
    Or why did a downloaded launcher worked with the patch before, but not with the new patch?
    :confused:

About the reinstall, like mentioned before, try to save the "Live" folder and copy it back into the new installation place, that may save you some download time... if it works.
    An other idea, if you install from a CO CD, may be save this launcher (before you start to update), and keep it, in case the next patch brings back the same problems... i forgot to do that. :mad:

Well, i hope we do not have to do the same dance with the next patch.

Or may be we will get some feedback... ok... just kidding. :D
    edited September 2011
    Regenwurm wrote:
    An other idea, if you install from a CO CD, may be save this launcher (before you start to update), and keep it, in case the next patch brings back the same problems... i forgot to do that. :mad:

It's no longer applicable. The downloadable launcher in this thread is the very same launcher that I have used the first time this problem happened to me, and it no longer worked this time around. You will really have to do those steps should this happens again.

Just one offtopic thing I would like to say: I believe they have already implemented a thing that should allow us silvers to post in the forums. Why is that I can only post in this section? :(
    edited September 2011
    nobody has a launcher that will work?
    edited September 2011
    About the silver forum thing, may be you get access to all other parts of the forum after a certain time, or anything about it in the F2P Q&A here?

About the launcher, i would try to upload mine, but where to, any ideas with links please?
    edited September 2011
    I have reinbstalled and it works fine now, but the patches oh my f...
    edited September 2011
    May be save the old launcher.exe for the next patch... :D

Well, here goes nothing...
    http://www.mediafire.com/?z366n4eimw88338
    ... save your old launcher first, and then give this one a try.
    edited September 2011
    thankyou sooo much Regenwurm ur the king man

see you in game
    edited September 2011
    Wooot... it is working for you? :eek:
    edited September 2011
    yeah im going awesome
    edited September 2011
    At least some good news here. :D
    edited September 2011
    Regenwurm wrote:

Hey Regenwurm could you also upload your Star Trek Online Launcher .exe by any chance if you have the game? Thanks because I have an issue loading up that game too.
    edited September 2011
    Hmmm, actually i'm not sure if i will reinstall STO too... well, at least not today... i will give it a try tomorrow and unpload the launcher then. :)
    edited September 2011
    Regenwurm wrote:
    Hmmm, actually i'm not sure if i will reinstall STO too... well, at least not today... i will give it a try tomorrow and unpload the launcher then. :)

Cool thanks. Your Champions Online Launcher worked and I was able to get that working. Star Trek Online is another story. :(
    edited September 2011
    Star Trek Online Launcher fresh from the cd installation.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?orgy77irommds55
    I hope it works for you.
    edited September 2011
    Regenwurm wrote:
    Star Trek Online Launcher fresh from the cd installation.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?orgy77irommds55
    I hope it works for you.

Cool thanks man. I'll let you guys know if it works.:D
    edited September 2011
    :D Thanks Regenwurm. It did work. But Cryptic needs to update or fix their patch server or something. Because this is the weirdest problem/bug I've ever experienced. And it was only with Champions Online and Star Trek Online. :rolleyes: But oh well. I'm to gaming. If I ever see you in champs online or star trek online in game I'll give say hi. :D
    edited September 2011
    You're welcome.

Have fun ingame and let us hope they fix the problem before the next patch comes. :D
    edited October 2011
    Regenwurm wrote:

My wife and I both thank you! It worked great,:D
    edited October 2011
    ive been tryin to get on and it wont let me get on either and that was eversince i bought some cryptic points and bought some stuff it is really starting to irritate me they better get the game straight before a hole lot of people quit
    edited October 2011
    Same problem here CO launcher wont autoupdaet and STO launcher works fine, how comes there's no support response?
    edited October 2011
    Mine has the same issue as the OP when the launcher opens nothing server has technical issues and if by chance i get lucky and get to my chars i cannot login says disconnected from map server instantly..

what is going on with CO lately was fine two patches ago?
    edited October 2011
    Hey guys, I know this is frusturating, I spent two days trying to figure it out. Several people mentioned Security Settings on Internet Explorer, I simply put mine to the lowest possible, which was medium, and my worked wonderfully....Even though mine was on Medium High..lol. Have fun playing!