What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Sentinel Squadron Is Seeking New Members

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Rune suggested you to me. I have a couple issues with filling out the application...

1) my character is from a different galaxy, her language doesn't translate well into any Earth Languages, thus she has a hard time speaking the language.

2) as such as above her history is very hard for her to explain. She can't get a good enough grasp on English to talk about her past.

3) goes with 2. She doesn't like talking about her past, family, and home as it brings back to many bad and painful memories...

4) supposed to post a pic of the character, but honestly, i don't know how to do that...lol
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Rune suggested you to me. I have a couple issues with filling out the application...

1) my character is from a different galaxy, her language doesn't translate well into any Earth Languages, thus she has a hard time speaking the language.

2) as such as above her history is very hard for her to explain. She can't get a good enough grasp on English to talk about her past.

3) goes with 2. She doesn't like talking about her past, family, and home as it brings back to many bad and painful memories...

4) supposed to post a pic of the character, but honestly, i don't know how to do that...lol

Is this her?

Link includes in-game pic and bio, with current build other than gear.

Just trying to help out.
  • Options
    edited January 2012

Such limitations are viewed by the recruiting officers and myself as severely high red flags. Keep in mind that if you are trying to apply to the Sentinel Squadron, secretive characters will be stopped at the door and turned around. As for the latter part, you can just url link your character's profile page to us and we'll accept that.

I know that you've been keeping in contact with @Mijj about applying, originally with Nebula and now possibly with Ballistix. I don't mean to be harsh if I come off that way, but I need to be honest and upfront with you. I don't think that the characters you're trying to possibly apply with wouldn't be good fits because of the limitations they both seem to have.

IC, the Sentinel Squadron has ties to UNTIL and it is at UNTIL headquarters that your or anyone else's character will be met by a high-ranking UNTIL affiliate/benefactor of the Sentinel Squadron who'll gain your information then send to to the Sentinel Squadron's Chairmembers. The Chairmembers are listed below,,,
    • Adversary, founder and leader
    • Geigertron
    • Ion
    • Ultimate
    • Lady Liberty
    • Spellbinder

If you are serious about looking to apply to the Sentinel Squadron, my advice will be to come up with a character that doesn't have all of those limitations to them and also come up with a character that has a strong history and reason. Ask yourself and keep in mind the following questions...
    • What is your character's history?
    • What made them to decide they wanted to protect and defend others?
    • Why should the Sentinel Squadron take a chance on your character?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    *bump for the Sentinel Squadron*
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I'm DJ Matikz and I approve this bump.

And by proxy this SG.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    The Sentinel Squadron is still recruiting at the moment, but we're looking for a serious influx of new cool members. Just head to the Sentinel Squadron website and leave us your character's In Character application. Our rules and standards are stated on our website and while not overly strict, are expected to be followed by all (current and new members).

Please be informed though that we expect our members to play an active role in the Sentinel Squadron. We do not stand for members who put their characters in the group only to not bother to log onto them. Such characters will be removed and those players will not be allowed to return.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Le bump to remind you.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    This group sounds interesting! Think I will put an app in later.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Stompy! Yeah, apply. Maybe you can help me convince Mr. Hench and Henchwench to start playing CO again.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    *Bump for the Sentinel Squadron*
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Woo, another bump to remind you to check out our group. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    The Sentinel Squadron is looking for a overhaul of new and fun members. We have many cool IC storyline events that we stage and with the upcoming new features to Champions Online, we'll have a ton more cool things to take part in. So if you're looking for an RP supergroup filled with modern day superheroes much like the Avengers and Justice League, we're the group for you!

Stop by our website and leave us an IC application and we'll definitely get back to you as soon as possible.

Supportive Bump for the Sentinel Squadron!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    **bump bump**
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    ***Bump of the Day. Support the Sentinel Squadron***
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    SWTOR and Skyrim may have took a good number of RPers away from Champions and many groups took some serious hits to the point of disbanding, but the Sentinel Squadron is still standing. We're not planning on going anywhere and we're looking to replenish our membership status.

If you're looking for a heroic Avengers/Justice League-style group of modern age superheroes, the Sentinel Squadron is the group for you. The officers and I are seriously looking for new members to apply and join.

For those who are interested, the SenSquad has a very welcoming and accepting atmosphere for RPers coming into our fold (we gladly accept both Silver and Gold Account players). While we are welcoming and accepting, I just want to say that the Sentinel Squadron isn't looking for players/toons that join the group and immediately don't play an active role at all in the group.

With all that said, swing by our website and leave us an IC application of your character. The officers and I will review it and immediately get back to you in a timely fashion.

-Adversary89
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    ***bump***
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    ***bump***
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    We're still looking for new members, ladies and gentlemen. If you're looking for a heroic RPSG, then the Sentinel Squadron is the right RPSG to join.

Check out our website for more info.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    The Sentinel Squadron (no relation to the Silver Age Sentinels) is a heroic medium-heavy RPSG that has been in-game for quite some time (since late 2009 when the group was first called the BWD). Led by the superheroine known as Adversary, the team is a assortment of superpowered and non-superpowered individuals with a common shared purpose: defend and protect the lives of the innocent from any threat that is too dangerous for one hero to handle. To best describe the Sentinel Squadron, think the modern age incarnations of the Justice League of America and Avengers but with original characters (the JLA and Avengers were the OOC inspiration). The group often engages in in-game activies such as IC patrols, SG-wide story arcs (both mini arcs and big arcs but nothing of Marvel/DC summer event big), and etc.

At the moment, we're in the process of revitalizing the group and are looking for new members (we lost some members to the release of other MMORPGS like Skyrim and SWTOR). Despite the drop in members, we still have a handful of members who have remained a presence in the group. We accept both Gold account RPers as well as Silver Account RPers and the group is very welcoming to new members.

If you are interested in joining us and would like more info about the Sentinel Squadron, feel free to check out our website at http://www.sentinelsquadron.shivtr.com. Also, feel free to message me for any questions you may have.

Support the Sentinel Squadron
    -Adversary89
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    ***shameless bump :)***
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    To make the bump less shameless :P

and thank for the friendly bump
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Bump to remind you to check us out.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    As of April 5, 2012, the Sentinel Squadron will have limited time period of "Open Door" Recruitment. What I mean by "Open Door" recruitment is that no In Character application is required.

As started in the one of the latter post in this thread, the Sentinel Squadron is in the process of seeking out fresh new players/characters to come join and be apart of our group. We highly welcome both Gold-account and Silver-account players.

What we're looking for:
    • Fun-loving and respectful players
    • Good role-players with heroic characters (you don't necessary have to be the best of the best)
    • Players will be stick around and be active members in the group and take part in our activities

All that is need is that you:
    • Check our website to see what characters/players we are looking for and what we are not looking for. Click the link provided to read our rules http://www.sentinelsquadron.shivtr.com/forums/207840
    • Message us either on this forum or in-game to let us know that you would like to join.
    • We'll grab you for the in-game In Character/Out of Character interview in which depending on how that goes, will determine if the player/character will be accepted into the Sentinel Squadron.

Why aren't we using our application process? Well, the Sentinel Squadron is undergoing a revitalization of our membership base. With the release of games like Skyrim and SWTOR, the group took a hit and lost a good number of members. Down but not dead, the officers and I are looking to bring in new members and revitalize the group. Coming up with ways to do that, we each came to the mutual understanding that having all new players apply with a written application might not be the best thing to have right now. So, we've decided to go back to how we use to handle our recruitment process for a limited period of time.

While no applications will be required during this "Open Door" recruitment period, all in-game interviews will be carried out more thorough than usual to definitely help us weed out and avoid bringing in any bad apples. All in-game interviews will be two fold: a thorough In Character interview as well as a Out Of Character interview. The interviews won't necessary be hard and intimidating, but they will be performed in a carefully precise manner to help us make sure we're accepting the right players/characters into our family. Just because we're not doing applications at this time, doesn't mean we'll gonna allow just anyone and their characters into the group.

Once again, the Sentinel Squadron will have limited time period of "Open Door" Recruitment. For all of you interested, please check our rules and message me in-game.

-Adversary89
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Just swinging by to give a shameless bump.

-Adversary89
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    We're currently having our limited time "Open Door" recruitment period, so please give us a shout if you're interested in joining a RPSG full of heroic superheroes.

-Adversary89
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I'd love to join, but my times wouldn't match up until May at the earliest >_<
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Jarnefeldt wrote:
    I'd love to join, but my times wouldn't match up until May at the earliest >_<

That is fine, when your able you can swing by our Super Group Forum site shown above and get in touch with us.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I was curious if your 'Open Door' recruitment was still going on, and if so, who specifically should I contact in-game?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The Sentinel Squadron would like to hereby welcome it's two newest members.
    • Australian Fist@BuckMcCloud
    • Overman@Vaarna_aarne

We're still looking for new players/characters to be apart of our group, everyone. Our "Open Door" recruitment period is still going on and will be going on for some time, so get in the Sentinel Squadron now if you're interested. Check our website in my signature below for more info.

-Adversary89
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    ThePauper wrote:
    I was curious if your 'Open Door' recruitment was still going on, and if so, who specifically should I contact in-game?

Hello there @ThePauper. Our "Open Door" recruitment is still going on at this time as a matter of fact. If you are interested in getting an interview for your character, feel free to get into contact with me in-game. Adversary@Adversary89.

Hope to hear from you and have you with us,
    Adversary89
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Hello there @ThePauper. Our "Open Door" recruitment is still going on at this time as a matter of fact. If you are interested in getting an interview for your character, feel free to get into contact with me in-game. Adversary@Adversary89.

Hope to hear from you and have you with us,
    Adversary89

Alright, i'll be sending you an in-game e-mail shortly.

EDIT: forgot to ask, IC for the e-mail or not?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    ThePauper wrote:
    Alright, i'll be sending you an in-game e-mail shortly.

EDIT: forgot to ask, IC for the e-mail or not?

Good question. While I've mostly received OOC e-mails, I figure an IC e-mail would be cool to receive. Just say that your character heard that the Sentinel Squadron's leader (Adversary) has been looking throughout the superhero community looking for heroes she feels would be good choices for the team.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    ***bump***
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    (( We are still seeking more members so come check us out. ))
    http://www.sentinelsquadron.shivtr.com/
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I wouldn't mind having Ultralocke in this group. She is a superhero that controls kinetic energies in a curious way. She can use it to make herself more durable and strong, she can fly, regenerate, expel the energy in an explosive wave, etc.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Your SuperGroup sounds great. I have been looking for an RP Supergroup. I have RP'd ingame and really liked it. I have a character named Ultimate, as long you are ok with it, to join your ranks.

If you need a back story, I have one on my character.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The Sentinel Squadron would like to welcome our newest member....
    • Prime Justice

We're still looking for new players/characters to be apart of our group, everyone. Our "Open Door" recruitment period is still going on and will be going on for some time, so get in the Sentinel Squadron now if you're interested. Check our website in my signature below for more info.

-Adversary89
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Sil81 wrote:
    I wouldn't mind having Ultralocke in this group. She is a superhero that controls kinetic energies in a curious way. She can use it to make herself more durable and strong, she can fly, regenerate, expel the energy in an explosive wave, etc.

I sent you a friend request, Sil81. I'll be on the lookout for you in-game so that Ultralocke can recieve her interview.

-Adversary89
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Your SuperGroup sounds great. I have been looking for an RP Supergroup. I have RP'd ingame and really liked it. I have a character named Ultimate, as long you are ok with it, to join your ranks.

If you need a back story, I have one on my character.

I'll be on the lookout for you so that your character can be interviewed, @Admiral_Reynolds. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I'll be on the lookout for you so that your character can be interviewed, @Admiral_Reynolds. :)

I will be able to get on at 9pm EST today through Friday and anytime on Saturday and Sunday.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Mail sent to Adversary. Hopefully I can find folks on who RP late at night EST.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I have an alien I'd like to give some RP-time to, Garax@Zaju, could somebody hit me up from the SG for an interview?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    sacerd wrote:

Well personally I'm a late night player. Since I work till midnight CT I'd be getting online some time shortly after 1 am your time.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Matikz wrote:
    Well personally I'm a late night player. Since I work till midnight CT I'd be getting online some time shortly after 1 am your time.

cool cool we should try to find one another online! =)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    sacerd wrote:
    cool cool we should try to find one another online! =)

Sure thing. My forum handle is my global. Right out I'm out of game, probably for the next few days while I get my system back up and running. Once that's done I generally tend to be in game every night.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Matikz wrote:
    Sure thing. My forum handle is my global. Right out I'm out of game, probably for the next few days while I get my system back up and running. Once that's done I generally tend to be in game every night.

Cool just lemme know when your back up and running, and we will work something out.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Zaju wrote:
    I have an alien I'd like to give some RP-time to, Garax@Zaju, could somebody hit me up from the SG for an interview?

Hello there, @Zaju. Thanks for showing interest in joining the Sentinel Squadron. Seeing that you got an alien that you would like to give some RP-time is something I can definitely help with (I'm a sucker for the alien heroes that are on every big superhero time -- Martian Manhunter, Jack of Hearts, etc.) Be sure to be on the lookout and accept the friend request that I sent to you. That way, we can both know when one another is online to give Garax an interview.

Hope to hear from you soon,
    Adversary@Adversary89

sacerd wrote:

Hello there, @sacerd. Thanks for showing interest in joining the Sentinel Squadron. I got your e-mail (haven't been able to respond back due to RL stuff) but. As far as being a late night RPer, that will be no problem here. Like @Matikz said, he is a fellow late night player. Knightress@Oboeshoes101 is another fellow late night player as well as one of the Sentinel Squadron's recruitment officers. At times, even I am a late night RPer and tend to hold some mini events for those players who are online at that time of the night.

I've sent you a friend request as well so that if we're both on at the same time, I can go ahead and interview you.

Hope to hear from you soon,
    Adversary@Adversary89

Last but definitely not least, the Sentinel Squadron would also like to welcome our latest batch of new characters/members (a couple of them are actually returning characters/players).
    • Wraith@JohnTheFisherman
    • Warblade@sean_raiko
    • Taurus@Dragonlord247
    • Pureblood Asuya@Sil81

I've had the chance to RP with each of them and I can truly say that they're not only fun top notch RPers, but are good group members to have within the Sentinel Squadron.

Our "Open Door" recruitment period is still going on and will be going on for some time, so get in the Sentinel Squadron now if you're interested. .Thanks to the "On Alert" content added to the game in addition to the UNITY runs and other elements, the Sentinel Squadron has held more IC story-driven activities than before. Everyone in the Sentinel Squadron is a top notch RPer and a great storyteller that knows how to let the group shine equally while keeping things fun and entertaining. If you're looking for a group of heroes and IC story events that really showcase the heroes being heroes, then the Sentinel Squadron is the place to be.

For anyone looking to have their character be interviewed and allowed into the group (if the character receives an approval by the officers doing the interview), I've listed the following active Sentinel Squadron 'round table' characters/members who can conduct the IC/OOC interviews. I can't be able to interview everyone that wanna join, so I got some help :).
    • Adversary@Adversary89 (My main toon. She's the leader of the Sentinel Squadron.)
    • Ion@mr.quillen (The group's second in command)
    • Knightress@Oboeshoes101
    • Ultimate@Ngai
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The Sentinel Squadron would like to welcome our four newest members:
    • Paragon@Sacerd
    • Xiuhtotol@MGoblin256
    • Yolanda 'Singing Vixen' Howard@Arkeyark
    • Kinstor@kinstrog

We're still going strong and growing more and more seemingly everyday.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    We're still going strong and still having our "Open Door" recruitment period. No need to fill out an IC application for your character. Just let us know if you're interested in having your character join the Sentinel Squadron and we'll go ahead and schedule the IC/OOC interview.

Here are the names of the recruiters who conduct the IC/OOC interviews.
    • Adversary@Adversary89
    • Ion@mr.quillen
    • Knightress@Oboeshoes101
    • Ultimate@Ngai
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    ***bump***