test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Sentinel Squadron Is Seeking New Members

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
IC - Who are the Sentinel Squadron?
They are a specialized team of superheroes and non-powered superheroes who have come and banded together to serve as a "crisis shield" to keep humanity safe from any threats. They're the enforcers of justice and the guardians of the innocent. They are the Sentinel Squadron.

The Sentinel Squadron respond to threats throughout the United States, with a focus on key areas of high intense conflict (Millennium City, the Southwest Desert and Vibora Bay). At times, the team also venture out internationally and overseas when they are needed. The Sentinel Squadron are also tied close yet loosely with UNTIL, serving as their "unofficial version of UNITY".

The heroes in the group display a wide range of superhuman and non-superhuman talents and skills, in addition; many of the members come from diverse backgrounds.

Led by the supernatural superheroine known as Adversary, the Sentinel Squadron are a dynamic force of good and as paragons of what protectors and guardians should be, they're something that the world truly needs.

OOC – About the Sentinel Squadron and the Theme
The Sentinel Squadron is a Medium-Heavy role-playing supergroup with a theme and concept that is inspired by the both the Avengers (regular modern age mainstream version) and the JLA. They are a group of Modern Age (and some Silver and Bronze Age) superheroes who come together and protect humanity from any threat using any means necessary but without crossing the line (killing the villains) and endangering the lives of those they have sworn to protect. The complete story about the Sentinel Squadron is posted up on our website.

http://www.sentinelsquadron.shivtr.com

Our main goal for us to focus on providing an immersive and fun experience with Champions Online with role-playing and the content that the game provides us. We hold SG-wide story-arcs and events for our members to take part in and we also run RP-related NemCons, Cosmic Villain Fights, and much more.

OOC --Time Zone
The group operates mostly in any of the time zones here in the United States and Canada for anyone who is wondering. It would be best if others who are interested are within one of the time zones themselves although we still will accept you if you didn’t.

Doesn't matter to us if you're a lifetime account player, Gold-account player, or a Free-to-Play Silver Account Player. The only things that matter to us is if you're a good RPer and a fun player.If you are interested in joining the Sentinel Squadron, please stop by the application area of our website and leave us an application. If we like what we see, we'll definitely get back to you as soon as we can.
http://www.sentinelsquadron.shivtr.com/vb_threads/811569

Note: The Sentinel Squadron are not in any way affiliated with the Silver Age Sentinels or any groups within the GLOBE Coalition.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2011
    The Characters We Want
    For recruiting new members IC, we are looking for a diverse assortment of members that fall into many of the categories I have listed below. We're are looking for new members who can truly help out both within the group and much more. They are not looking for mercenaries, killers, supervillains pretending to be superheroes or any hero who have no problem with killing. We are not like most groups who'll just take anyone...we want members who want to be HEROES!!

To help gain the diverse assortment of members, we're looking for members who can fit into one or two of these categories. Keep in mind, the regular archetype superhero is also always welcomed.

I believe that when it comes to a modern age style supergroup, diversity is the best way to go. Look at how the Justice League and the Avengers are. That is something we here aim to have within the Sentinel Squadron. Diversity is always good for any supergroup and to help gain the diverse assortment of members In Character, we're looking for members who can fit into one or two of these categories. Keep in mind, the regular archetype superhero is also always welcomed.

Scientist/Inventors: Every superhero group needs a few brainiacs around to assist. Whether its creating gadgets (Hank Pym, Reed Richards, Beast, Will Magnus, etc.), or wearing advanced suits of power armor (Hardware, Iron Man, many others), they often possess the intellect and tools to help fellow heroes save the day or do it themselves. We got room for you here if you fit this category.

Mystics: Now what would a supergroup be without a few sorcerers or sorceresses? In most comics, every good superhero group has them. Those who can fight evil with the forces of the supernatural and arcane are needed. You can be a mage of the traditional kind (think Doctor Fate, Doctor Strange, Raven, Zatanna, etc.), a shaman or shamaness (like Shaman), a healer, a necromancer, an avatar for a great spirit/entity (no Cthulu, please), an enchanted golem/homoculi or just a modern Chaos Mage. We got room for you here if you fit this category.

Regular Modern Day Superheroes: Need I say more . Maybe you aren't some highly intellect scientist or some established legend among superheroes. Maybe you're just a superhero setting out to make a name for him or herself and become the next legend. If so, then the Sentinel Squadron is for you.

Old Schoolers: The Old Schoolers can be divided into two groups but they have the same purpose: There are those whom were heroes in their day and have recently returned back to their calling to help out the modern heroes of today (think the Justice Society of America). Then you have those who have been misplaced in time and find themselves willing to help the modern generation of heroes despite struggling to find themselves in a new world of sorts. Pulp Comic style heroes can also fall into this category as well for those who have them. We got room for you here if you fit this category.

Aliens: With most supergroups in comics, there is always a few aliens who come to help the people of Earth and align themselves with some of the world's greatest heroes. Martian Manhunter, Starfire, and Captain Marvel are proof of this. It would be cool if there the Sentinel Squadron had more aliens in it. I'm a strong believe that you cannot have a supergroup without an alien or more in it . We got room for you here if you fit this category.

Self Aware Androids/Cyborgs: Most comic book groups have their members who are either a self aware Android/Robot (like Vision, Red Tornado, Atomic Robo, Hourman, etc.) or are human (or was) with some cybernetic enhancements to them (like Midnighter, Cyborg and DC's current OMAC character). While the self aware android characters sought to understand humanity or just to help aid it, the cyborg characters often struggled to hold on to their humanity or embraced their enhancements while saving the city or world with their newfound abilities.. We got room for you here if you fit this category.

Brawlers/Martial Artists: The heroes who are skilled in either the various ways of Martial Arts (like Iron Fist and Black Canary) or are deadly street fighters but know when to avoid crossing the line no hero should cross (like Luke Cage ). Heroes who are gifted, highly trained and fearless martial artists or hand to hand combatants are highly welcome.

Elementals: Going into a fight against evil is one thing. Going into a fight against evil while wielding the powers of either fire, electricity, ice, earth, wind and etc. is totally a big difference. Every team has them and SenSquad needs more of them. Whether being born with them (metahuman or mutant..whichever term you use) or gained them somehow later on, elementals are highly popular and here in the Sentinel Squadron, we welcome their presence.

Archers: Have some specialized arrows to help save the day like Green Arrow and Hawkeye? Well we got room for you here. ^_^

The Troubled Hero: Batman and Daredevil are the archetypes for this category. The hero/heroine who's had a traumatic experience which either happened to them or to someone that they cared for. Regarded as a urban legend or a ghost story within the criminal underworld, they are the ones who prey on the gangs and at times the supervillain community as well. Despite being more hard edge and more willing to dish out brutal justice, they have a conscience and will not take a life out of the fear that doing so will make them no different from the "monsters" that they protect the innocent from. We have room for these kind of heroes.

Heroes from the Sea: The hero that comes from the deep blue sea or has ties to one of the many underwater kingdoms known or unknown to the surface world (think Aquaman, Aspen Matthews, Namor the Submariner, Aqualad, etc.). We have room for you in the Sentinel Squadron for these kind of heroes.

The 'Monstrous' Heroes/Heroines: We all have seen these types of heroes around before. The heroes who are viewed by some within the general public as 'monsters' and 'freaks' because of their physical appearance and are at times misunderstood (think The Fantastic Four's The Thing and She-Thing aka Sharon Ventura, DC Comic's Frankenstein, and Hellboy for that matter), yet they're compelled to stand for what's right and protect the lives of others. We got room in the Senitnel Squadron for these kind of heroes.

If you have a toon which fits any of these categories and is willing to help out your fellow teammates, then congrads. Go ahead and send me or any of the Officer members an in-game message to me that's a brief summary about your toon and what they can do as well as a role they can provide. We'll definitely grab you for your IC/OOC interview.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    As of April 5, 2012, the Sentinel Squadron will have limited time period of "Open Door" Recruitment. What I mean by "Open Door" recruitment is that no In Character application is required.

As started in the one of the latter post in this thread, the Sentinel Squadron is in the process of seeking out fresh new players/characters to come join and be apart of our group. We highly welcome both Gold-account and Silver-account players.

What we're looking for:
    • Fun-loving and respectful players
    • Good role-players with heroic characters (you don't necessary have to be the best of the best)
    • Players will be stick around and be active members in the group and take part in our activities

All that is need is that you:
    • Check our website to see what characters/players we are looking for and what we are not looking for. Click the link provided to read our rules http://www.sentinelsquadron.shivtr.com/forums/207840
    • Message us either on this forum or in-game to let us know that you would like to join.
    • We'll grab you for the in-game In Character/Out of Character interview in which depending on how that goes, will determine if the player/character will be accepted into the Sentinel Squadron.

Why aren't we using our application process? Well, the Sentinel Squadron is undergoing a revitalization of our membership base. With the release of games like Skyrim and SWTOR, the group took a hit and lost a good number of members. Down but not dead, the officers and I are looking to bring in new members and revitalize the group. Coming up with ways to do that, we each came to the mutual understanding that having all new players apply with a written application might not be the best thing to have right now. So, we've decided to go back to how we use to handle our recruitment process for a limited period of time.

While no applications will be required during this "Open Door" recruitment period, all in-game interviews will be carried out more thorough than usual to definitely help us weed out and avoid bringing in any bad apples. All in-game interviews will be two fold: a thorough In Character interview as well as a Out Of Character interview. The interviews won't necessary be hard and intimidating, but they will be performed in a carefully precise manner to help us make sure we're accepting the right players/characters into our family. Just because we're not doing applications at this time, doesn't mean we'll gonna allow just anyone and their characters into the group.

Once again, the Sentinel Squadron will have limited time period of "Open Door" Recruitment. For all of you interested, please check our rules and message me in-game.

Support the Sentinel Squadron
    -Adversary89
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I am Rune, and while I may not be affiliated with the Sentinel Squadron, I approve of and endorse this super group and it's concept and leadership heartily!

/em Thumbsup :D

[Seriously, you guys rock!]
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Rune wrote:
    I am Rune, and while I may not be affiliated with the Sentinel Squadron, I approve of and endorse this super group and it's concept and leadership heartily!

/em Thumbsup :D

[Seriously, you guys rock!]

Thanks for the support and for the friendly bump, Rune :)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Come and join us everyone. Become a member of the Sentinel Squadron and get in on all of the fun now.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Player of a Sentinel Squadron member here - highly recommend the group to RPers with ideas and who like to explore other people's ideas. It's been a few months and I'd say I'm rather plugged in and hooked! Great people, intelligent, easy to collaborate with, and plenty of unique toons making up the group.

So I look forward to the new peeps! And toons. Bring em on. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Join now and receive $500 in shares of Enron!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    And an Overload plush doll! They're sooooo cute! And heroically redeemed!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I have been with the Sen Squad since I bought the game and can tell you that its fun for those that enjoy rping. Especially with player ran events that help all develop their character(s). So check out the site.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    And an Overload plush doll! They're sooooo cute! And heroically redeemed!

Yeah hehe those dolls are a hot collector's item. The one that talks and sounds like Roddy Piper is the more valuable one.
    Ngai wrote:
    I have been with the Sen Squad since I bought the game and can tell you that its fun for those that enjoy rping. Especially with player ran events that help all develop their character(s). So check out the site.

He isn't lying everyone. @Ngai (Ultimate) has been with us since February of 2010. He's one of our core members and quite the amazing RPer among an entire SG of amazing and fun RPers.

Support and join the Sentinel Squadron, everyone. Join us now and recieve a limited edition Silver and Black Grant Morrison-esque Adversary doll as well as a five foot Geigertron doll.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    The Sentinel Squadron would like to welcome our two newest members to the family:
    • Warblade@Sean_raiko
    • Ambrosia@Blood_Viper (A returning member)

Support and join the Sentinel Squadron, everyone.
    We're still going strong and still recruiting for new members to bring brand new elements to our SG.

-Adversary89
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    The Sentinel Squadron would like to welcome our newest member to the family:

Daeren@Lano

Support and join the Sentinel Squadron, everyone.
    We're still going strong and still recruiting for new members to bring brand new elements to our SG.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    If you're looking for an Avengers/Justice League of America inspired roleplaying supergroup, then the Sentinel Squadron is the supergroup to join. We're a medium-heavy roleplaying supergroup composed of friendly players who are excellent roleplayers and we're looking for new members to join our growing family. The group, under a different name at the time, has been around since November of 2009, so we have some firm footing in the game. As of right now, we're currently looking for new members to join us.

The link to our website is located below in my signature. If interested, check out our website, read the rules and post an application for your character. My officers and I will review it and absolutely get back to you as soon as we can to let you know if your toon is what we're looking for or not.

Support the Sentinel Squadron, everyone. Join now and recieve a free Ion jogging suit :).

-Adversary89
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Come along and join the SenSquad, everyone.
    No need to be shy :)
    We're fun and friendly.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Hi adversary ,

I was a member of the blackwatch defenders when u ran them. I just came back to game and would like to join up with the Sentinels . How do i get invited back?

Thanks
    J-el
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    J-el wrote:
    Hi adversary ,

I was a member of the blackwatch defenders when u ran them. I just came back to game and would like to join up with the Sentinels . How do i get invited back?

Thanks
    J-el

Just get into contact with any of the officers and they'll be the ones to bring you back in.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    It's a fun group, good to rp with and the people respect each other's RP. So it's a fun place give depth to your character.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Just get into contact with any of the officers and they'll be the ones to bring you back in.

Will do .

Thanks again.

J-el
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I have been looking for a good Hero style rp sg. I even started one a bit ago however work didnt let me devote enough time to it. I have several heroes to choose from however I do have a question.
    Is visiting your SG website often a requirement? For so many SGs/ guilds in MMOs it is and hoestly I dont have enough time
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Hmm...this might not be a bad group for me. I have a character that was inspired by Batman, not quite an homage. I was actually starting to think I wouldn't find a decent group that he might fit with. I'll have to check you guys out a bit more.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Matikz wrote:
    Hmm...this might not be a bad group for me. I have a character that was inspired by Batman, not quite an homage. I was actually starting to think I wouldn't find a decent group that he might fit with. I'll have to check you guys out a bit more.

Sure thing. Feel free to drop us off an application for your character on our website and we'll get to you right away. The link to the site is in my signature.

Hope to have you with us
    -Adversary89
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I have been looking for a good Hero style rp sg. I even started one a bit ago however work didnt let me devote enough time to it. I have several heroes to choose from however I do have a question.
    Is visiting your SG website often a requirement? For so many SGs/ guilds in MMOs it is and hoestly I dont have enough time

No its not a requirement, its a tool to help keep people in the loop on whats going on in major Sen Squad story lines, another way to get to know players IC and OOC, and a way to help with Creative Energy if you choose to make a story.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Ngai wrote:
    No its not a requirement, its a tool to help keep people in the loop on whats going on in major Sen Squad story lines, another way to get to know players IC and OOC, and a way to help with Creative Energy if you choose to make a story.

I also lurk on the forums pretty often. And, believe me, I'm totally worth it.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Just giving ourselves a friendly downtown neighborhood bump :)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I've been a member of this group for a couple months and it's been a solid group of RPers who are respectful and will even help you in storyline development
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Application Submitted for Omegaman,

Thank you for your consideration.

Atra.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Application Submitted for J-el

Thank you for your consideration and hope I get to come back.

J-el
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Application Submitted for Omegaman,

Thank you for your consideration.

Atra.

We got the application for Omegaman and we love it. I've sent you a confirmation message as well as an invite to the Sentinel Squadron's IC officer/potential recruit chat channel so be on the lookout for any officers seeking out Omegaman on there or even just introduce yourself on there.

-Adversary89
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    J-el wrote:
    Application Submitted for J-el

Thank you for your consideration and hope I get to come back.

J-el

Got it. I'll accept you back in.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    We got the application for Omegaman and we love it. I've sent you a confirmation message as well as an invite to the Sentinel Squadron's IC officer/potential recruit chat channel so be on the lookout for any officers seeking out Omegaman on there or even just introduce yourself on there.

-Adversary89

Support the Sentinel Squadron, everyone.

-Adversary89
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    The Sentinel Squadron would like to welcome our newest members to our family:

Omegaman@Atraangelis
    Platinum Guardian@DiamondDobb
    Major Triumph@z00merang
    The Charmeister@be Charmeister
    Elysian Ranger@Thenlar

If you wish to join a heroic RPSG with the right blend of both classic and modern heroics weaved in, come check out the Sentinel Squadron. The link to our website is below in my signature.

Hope to have more with us in the near future.
    -Adversary89
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I think I applied to join a while back but I could never catch you online. Would an egotistical superhero inspired by Booster Gold and Superboy be able to join your band of heroes?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Brodiewan wrote:
    I think I applied to join a while back but I could never catch you online. Would an egotistical superhero inspired by Booster Gold and Superboy be able to join your band of heroes?

Are you sure that wasn't the silver age sentinels?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Now you mention it... I tell you what it probably was. Either way could never catch them in-game, which is never a good sign. Living in the GMT timezone has presented me with many problems finding a SG.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Brodiewan wrote:

Sounds very similar to my own character (Platinum Guardian) except mine is a Booster Gold/Captain Marvel cross lol.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Sounds very similar to my own character (Platinum Guardian) except mine is a Booster Gold/Captain Marvel cross lol.

Haha. I've been watching young justice and have been inspired to make an "angry" version of Superboy... and Booster Gold is one of my favourite DC characters, so the personalities kinda melded together.

Been running around in Brawler Mode whacking Viper henchemen around with my mits.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Brodiewan wrote:
    Haha. I've been watching young justice and have been inspired to make an "angry" version of Superboy... and Booster Gold is one of my favourite DC characters, so the personalities kinda melded together.

Been running around in Brawler Mode whacking Viper henchemen around with my mits.

Yeah Brodiewan, I believe that was the Silver Age Sentinels you applied to (I looked at some of the posts on here.) Anyhow, just drop us off an application for your character and we'll review it to see if whether your character would be right for us or not. Also, the members of the Sentinel Squadron are mostly on in US/Canadian timezones so that may be an issue for you. I'm not sure but I just felt the need to bring that up to you.

-Adversary89
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Although we do have a few of us who are from Europe (i'm in the UK myself) so you might catch some evening RP leading into RP with the members across the Atlantic :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Thanks.

I'll apply later today.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Just a friendly bump to a group who welcomed me back with open arms.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    *power bump*
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I'm interested
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I'm interested

Cool. Swing by our website and fill out an IC/OOC application for your character and you'll be hearing from us as soon as possible, @thejudge345.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    alrighty will do
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    ***big bump***
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    ***bump***
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    a friendly bump from an ally and an invitation to our Summer Social this Saturday the 23rd. Hope you guys can make it!

-Orion Prime
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Another friendly bump and invite. Sorry for the last minute invite on the last one. RL got to me. You guys are invited to a video game party. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    C'mon me_less, Join the sentinels...you know you wanna lol. and also an epically awesome show of support for the supergroup I am a member of.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I am interested in applying to join Sentinal Squadron but thought I'd make you aware of a few things about me first.

I'm based in the UK so know the time difference could cause a problem
    I am not a newbie to MMORPG games but I am to Champions-Online. I'm really looking for a mentor(s) in the game to get me on my feet. Then I could be benefical to the group once I know what I'm doing.
    My character has the "Impulse" powers and is currently Level 7. My Character name is "Resistance".

If you want to know anything else please let me know.

Many thanks.