test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Costume Suggestion Thread

championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,267 Arc User
edited March 2016 in Suggestions Box
Updated 25 March, 2016

Alright this is a thread I am making and maintaining for new suggestions of costume pieces, sets, monthly rewards, etc. Here are the rules;

1. You must have a reference of said item posted, to give an idea what it looks like.
2. The item cannot be apart of or have a trademark/copyright/license attached to it.
3. No items that would be deemed offensive (remember Teen rating).
4. This is not the thread for posting about costume bugs, pet peeves or other grievances, this is a thread for new costumes.

Show off what you can remember it has to have a reference picture or it WILL NOT be added to the list. Be respectful, this is not a thread for posting bugs or venting or what have you.

Update from Kaiserin
A little note: Individual costume ideas are much more likely to be taken into consideration over entire costume set ideas.​​
Post edited by championshewolf on
Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
Silverspar on PRIMUS
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,267 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    ​​
    Post edited by championshewolf on
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    <reserved>​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    <reserved>​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    <reserved>​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    <reserved>​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • kaizerinkaizerin Posts: 2,141 Cryptic Developer
    A little note: Individual costume ideas are much more likely to be taken into consideration over entire costume set ideas.​​
  • gorinzachiangorinzachian Posts: 40 Arc User
    A t-shirt (long and short sleeves) that show off the navel

https://www.etsy.com/listing/106817294/vintage-washington-super-shirts-crop-top
  • meeoeoowiemeeoeoowie Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Aha! Time to dump stuuuff!

For now I've got some one-off costume pieces, apt for monthly rewards, recognition and the like

First off, we've got no classic astronaut helmet, what's up with that?
    3TVktCe.pngbzajLwH.png?2

Suggestions: The glass for the helmet should be a headwear attachment with one variant locked down and one pulled up, if the final design allows it. The visor should also have glass, cloth, leather, metal and brushed metal options in the least! It's also a good idea to give the visor an innate gradient that takes use of our four color channels!

Second I've got masks! These could either be a minor collection in a pack or one of them chosen as a month/recog reward:
    1gXRRs6.jpg?29w0KFst.jpg?1xLvRLFG.jpg?1ahHOHAL.jpg?2JcBpKgL.jpg?1av7aglg.jpg?1kfuRbiI.jpg?1wGdtJHP.jpg?1HVlNXZf.jpg?17oIEEfp.jpg?1Hx8KISJ.jpg?1
    Most of these are pretty varied in terms of style, so I recommend either making it a "cultural masks pack" or drawing inspiration from some of the more similar designs to get some kind of result. The general idea is to give us more masks, perhaps with several patterns affixed to them, give us some fun new toys for head combos!

That's all I've got right now, kind of tired. I'll be sure to return with more stuff though!​​
    [A Place to Post Power Concepts] - I don't update this thing as often as I want to, but it is not abandoned!
    [Daily Login Rewards] - They sure would spice things up a bit!
    [Monthly Rewards and Silver Players] - Surely there should be some way to get them, no matter how difficult!
    [Discussion Concerning Event Powers] - Feel like you're missing out on Holy Water? Uh, probably shouldn't.
    [Discussion Concerning Energy Stats] - More or less what it says on the tin, there.
    [Analysis of Sorcery Copy-Powers] - I showcase some visual chopjobs, and such.
    [Analysis of a Poison Spread Bug] - The different interactions Virulent Propagation and Bite has with all poisons.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,283 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Hows about some rimless glasses? With the fitting glass material of course.
    actually, I'm going to generalize the request more: Some normalish looking glasses with lenses and rims separate, so that proper materials can be applied to both. just realize that isn't really more general oh well

Once again, going to request a realistically sized claymore for HW. Gotta have an alternative to those bustersword-proportioned blades we got.
    Post edited by bluhman on
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 652 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    If we've got an official thread for these, let's talk hair. We currently have a single cornrow hairstyle that's...inadequate. It's the absolute bare minimum when there's tons of straight hair options. First, there's both thin and thick cornrows so it would be good to have that as an option. The current cornrows also stop at the back of the head in a way that doesn't mesh well with the new Hair 2 options. Overall texture quality is quite low too. Going to post several images but try to break down the exact requests:

Example of a thicker option. Also, this has the braids extending out instead of stopping at the neck.

Asymmetrical and extends up for the many updo and raised ponytails already available. Also, a braided bun and hoop earrings would be good (separate) options.

Splits from the scalp outward instead of running straight back.

Braided side buns.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • brasston2501brasston2501 Posts: 46 Arc User
    I would love to see some of the sets that are already in-game finished out. We have some very cool sets that for some reason or another are incomplete.

For example:

Raw Muscle: A great looking set with some cool options. But it's just the torso and legs. No head, hands or feet. Plus, the colors don't match any of the skin-tone colors right so you can't really just mesh them up. I fake it sometimes with the Mean Scarecrow mask and Roinesh hands and feet, but still... My regenerator toon loves this set for when she's been in a rough fight, but I'd like to have it completed.

Here are some examples of what the head and hands could look like, courtesy of Hellraiser.

Also...since it's already in game, can we get the 'burned up' texture that NPCs get in the Steel Crusade arc? Again, my regenerator would love it.

Alien Hybrid: Another cool looking set that once more had just torso, legs, and this time a cool but sorta 'glued on' looking face mask. No head, hands or feet.

Tendrils: This one is just the torso, not even legs. Again it looks really cool and has some versitility to it. Colored properly it could be a symbiote skin, or burn scars. But we just have the torso piece, nothing else.

Speaking of scars, I'd love to see more scar options in game. Superheroes fight for a living. Sometimes against some pretty dangerous enemies, and not all of them have a med-bay, regeneration tank, Lazarus Pit, or whatever to heal. Sometimes they just have regular old human healing. It'd be nice to have some variety in showing their battle scars.

• raighnraighn Posts: 2,347 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    More types of animal ears... fluffy, floppy, perky, rounded, etc... along with an earless head mesh (seriously we need earless head, for both normal & noseless)... would also be nice to have versions of various ear types that protrude from the top of the head or the side of the head...

Post edited by raighn on
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
    +1 for more animal ears and an earless head-mesh!!!!

In keeping with the animal theme up coming, I'd love to see some quills too.

• zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 652 Arc User
    This is a fairly specific part of agentcanada's entry for the old costume design contest. Noting the female version specifically due to how it alters the form. Can't direct quote so I'll try to copy/paste and also try to provide links:

http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/comment/1962836/#Comment_1962836
    http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/comment/1963257/#Comment_1963257

"I'm way behind here but here is the Female template of the Iconic Crest Costume Set. Hopefully it gets across that I wasn't after bigger breasts but a bigger, flatter surface for the existing emblems to sit on. The idea is that the desired chest position does exist as Chest Wear pieces proves the models proportions can be changed by clothing and that the Crested Top would allow that shape as a Tights feature. The Crest being part of the shirt itself, means players could still use the favorite Emblem as well. I'll cut and paste the previous parts description as well just for easier reading."

"The Set consists of Tights (Tops & Bottoms), Cape, Boots, Gloves and Hair.
    Top:
    (01) Unitard with an open neck line.
    (02) Large Triangle or Oval in the center of the chest (both have an obvious piping border. The top would have three colors, unitard, piping and center field.
    *The importance of this piece to the costume set is to make the Champions emblems bigger and more Iconic, the center field becomes part of the bigger Crest.
    * It also has another more important feature, the costume set is meant to allow women to wear logos across their chests, both bigger and not hidden by or tattooed on their cleavage."
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • naciiitonaciiito Posts: 809 Arc User

just because...
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    hxTY7Ot.jpg
    This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
    bluhman said:

Could we maybe get a sort of retooled 'clockwork' helmet? Basically, a smooth, tight, full-mask with no visible eyeholes and a flat front:

courtesy of Saint's Row 4

Much like the Clockwork helmet, but no 'tail' part at the back of the head, and no real 'visor' look to it. However, most critically, this part would also retain face emblems, so you could go around with a big old V on your face like this, or perhaps a smiley face or some other such feature.

It's not too uncommon of a costume trope in superhero stuff either it seems:

DC really seems to like it in particular though.

edited March 2016
    bluhman said:

bluhman said:

Could we maybe get a sort of retooled 'clockwork' helmet? Basically, a smooth, tight, full-mask with no visible eyeholes and a flat front:

courtesy of Saint's Row 4

Oh! I like this too!
    Heck, I'd like a version of the Clockwork helmet + Visor that doesn't have the tails. I love the Visor that you can have up or down, but some characters the tails just don't fit their aesthetic.

Post edited by brasston2501 on
  • thistleswift1thistleswift1 Posts: 153 Arc User
    I want lots of things, but then i am pretty selfish ... >^_^< ... specifically what i want today, though, is a hairbow that goes on the back of the head, not the top. Perhaps with an option for attached ribbons or not.

4e796306165d41a5f30f263d6bc01618

Red hair bow 84eb3b0a 90fa 448f 9ab1 52e5e6bc00b

• thistleswift1thistleswift1 Posts: 153 Arc User
    Oh! Another thing i want (did i mention i am selfish?) is winged boots! or rather, i would like wee wings as foot accessories that can be added to other shoes/boots. A very classic look indeed. Ideally the wings would be flappy when in flight.

IMG 9262 550x

wingedboots

maybe a butterfly version too?
    cb576455257c49ebc00eb7e829c9107f

• avianosavianos Posts: 4,639 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Hmm I need to think about it, right now all my Costume Wish lists are related to JoJo~
    naciiito wrote: »
    trex_detailing_feet_by_phantasist.jpg

just because...
    Fun Fact: ALREADY ingame but Beastial NPC exlusive... maybe with some (HEAVY) modifications and Magic~ it could be made for players?​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    An Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable but farms way to much to archieve that
    Playing as EVERYTHING but Superheroes (BUT they are my Heroes) Eternal Silver since 1 February 2011
    Currently playing with 72+ Characters (7 ATs, 65 FFs) Loving all of them, ALTitis for Life
    I return! This time I return with the suggestion of an added pattern to an existing costume piece(s)

I figured a variant of the Jersey Urban shirts without any football details would be pretty swell, making it for a classic big shirt. Maybe give it some available color channels that simply color the trims of the shirt and another that offers some manual, gradient-based coloration or shading! That'd be pretty cool.

Optionally, for equally cool shirt-fashion, how about a shirt with a tied waist? Preeetty cowgirly.
    mb7bsQg.png
    I think it's safe to say that we have a large enough target market of overly sassy aspiring heroes for this to fit right in!
    And for you dudes, this is absolutely in fashion, you could totally flaunt your manly belly in this!
    bluhman wrote: »
    -Cool post about a cool flat mask idea-

I was just checking in to post this, but since you already did, I will instead add onto it. I have discussed this idea with Kaiserin before and as far as I understood, adding our existing "full mask" patterns to a different head models such as this one would be nigh impossible. Considering that you didn't strictly suggest that, it's less directed at your post and moreso any future ideas revolving around your post.

A head attachment with "Emblem Small", "Emblem Medium" and "Emblem Large" options would be great though, with the large one practically wrapping around the head, like some of the reference photos you posted.​​
    [A Place to Post Power Concepts] - I don't update this thing as often as I want to, but it is not abandoned!
    [Monthly Rewards and Silver Players] - Surely there should be some way to get them, no matter how difficult!
    [Discussion Concerning Event Powers] - Feel like you're missing out on Holy Water? Uh, probably shouldn't.
    [Discussion Concerning Energy Stats] - More or less what it says on the tin, there.
    [Analysis of a Poison Spread Bug] - The different interactions Virulent Propagation and Bite has with all poisons.
  • serov141serov141 Posts: 16 Arc User

I have a costume idea but i need something kinda like this
    A wrist knife holster and maybe an opposing one that's plain without a knife.
    :

angel-fish-png-hd-transparent-angel-fish-hd-images-763392.png
    The Fish Queen
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    1)- I’d love a heeled version of 'Wrapped Sandals'.

"Gladiators High Heel"
    More reference pics:

2)- Also:

More reference pics:

Please consider these!
    Post edited by spordelia on

• ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    This has annoyed me from day one... I want a realistic-looking, "flowing" trenchcoat! The current "Open Trenchoat" looks... meh, in my opinion. What I feel SHOULD be done is have the upper part of the coat a rigid model, around the upper breast area and across the shoulders, and have a cape model "hang" around it, near the lower breast area. Doing so would give a "Max Payne"-type look, as so.

Perhaps an even better image is this modded Max Payne skin.

media.moddb.com/images/downloads/1/50/49682/MaxPayne2_2012-12-30_15-14-05-43.jpg

And, of course, there's always the Punisher's coat.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/7c/0f/49/7c0f498ad2449a5e45bfddba6d4c6632.jpg

I hope you get what I'm trying to say. Don't connect the bottom of the open trenchcoat merely to some coattails. We're talking about the ultimate gritty antihero fashion statement, not a butler's petticoat.

Ah, how I wish to see a flowing trenchcoat dance behind me as I Thunderbolt Lunge a gang member...
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.

These costume parts are in the game since a very long time, but could use some improvements.

x3s6so.jpg

90's Goggles:
    Available in the Iron Age costume set, this thing needs a glow option enabled. It could work great with PSI and Holo Hex parts... Except it can't be set to glow. A rather simple improvement, UI side.

1072cz9.jpg

Sci-Fi Goggles:
    Available in the Retro Sci-Fi costume set.
    The same as 90's goggles, it needs to be given glow option enabled.

Both goggles could be also given the same material types as Holoforce and Holo Hex armor costume sets. Otherwise it's hard to match them with other translucent costume pieces.

29wlf92.jpg

Tight Band:
    A base neck piece, yet a very universal one.
    Except it clips terribly with the neck, on females. Since forever. Should be finally fixed. Many much more skin-tight neck pieces have no such clipping at all, only this one has.

15ch7r5.jpg

Armor Tight Basic and Basic Subligar:
    Both base costume pieces, a chest layer, and a hip wear.
    They need to be updated with all newest tights maps and patterns. Or at least all Z-Store ones.
    Also, Armor Tight Basic chest piece could be given option for chest emblems.
    Recent Sci-fi soldier set shows that it is possible to put emblems on chest layers.

Also, basic subligar hip gear should be usable with belts. There's a noticeable gap on waist which should be possible to cover with belts. Too bad this costume piece prohibits belts (we saw in latest costume sets that it is possible to release hip gear alowing for belts, so...).

This one new below is not even a serious costume suggestion, more like a QoL pieces:

Have one alternative upper body model for females with a monobreast shape instead of boob socks.

This way:

1zh1gkm.jpg

With few simple tights patterns for it.

Might be of use as a base for more cinematic movie styles costumes, or simply for modern style costumes. This style is also used in comic books.

CO has a single torso model like that, the Cyberpunk piece, but it's not very flexible in theme.

Also, monobreast shape may work better for chest emblems with smaller chest sizes because it gives flattened top more like male torso model. May be useful to get rid of emblems deformation.

Could be also useful for better looking tank tops and sport bras.

Also:

This one could be made either as a chest layer, or with textures only, for monobreast or boob socks - tights with no back and a few tights patterns, maybe a sleevless one:

30u7cc5.jpg

For characters with wings or back fins. For both genders.

Also:

Have a shorter and trimmed version of the Cowl Tight neckpiece for both genders, like this one:

ao3vjl.jpg

This could be actually made by copying and trimming an existing piece.
    The reason is simple - Cowl Tight covers a very large area of collar bones and gets in the way of about every tights with detailed patterns.

For now it's a no-win situation - either you can have have detailed tights or you can have a turtleneck. And the solution is simple.​​
    @meedacthunist to let you know, this is the thread for suggesting new costumes. If you want to post about your costume bugs and pet peeves with current existing costumes, there are already threads for that.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,963 Arc User1
    edited March 2016
    @meedacthunist to let you know, this is the thread for suggesting new costumes. If you want to post about your costume bugs and pet peeves with current existing costumes, there are already threads for that.
    There's only one bug mentioned with old tight band collar piece, the rest of my posts are QoL suggestions, new pieces or improvements to existing ones , not bugfixes.

It's hardly a bug report post.

One day I'll start bookmarking my posts so I don't have to look for them and then maybe I'll be arsed to edit a single paragraph in a wall of text afterwards.
    This day is not today.

If you wanna start censoring by your personal preferences what is a valid costume suggestion and what is a "personal pet pevee" then you're clearly not unbiased enough for task of organising anything public. Find someone better suited for this task.

Because in my book a new material or a chestpiece is a costume suggestion.​​
    edited March 2016
    edit: I know I'm not a moderator anymore, but Meedacthurnist and Championshewolf, please set the differences in what counts as costume suggestions aside at least in this thread. I'd hate to have potential costume suggestions (bugfix-related or not) muddled up by personal feuds.
    ninjapiff said:

This has annoyed me from day one... I want a realistic-looking, "flowing" trenchcoat! The current "Open Trenchoat" looks... meh, in my opinion. What I feel SHOULD be done is have the upper part of the coat a rigid model, around the upper breast area and across the shoulders, and have a cape model "hang" around it, near the lower breast area. Doing so would give a "Max Payne"-type look, as so.

---

I hope you get what I'm trying to say. Don't connect the bottom of the open trenchcoat merely to some coattails. We're talking about the ultimate gritty antihero fashion statement, not a butler's petticoat.

Ah, how I wish to see a flowing trenchcoat dance behind me as I Thunderbolt Lunge a gang member...

I somehow doubt what you're suggesting is entirely possible under the engine's capacity - likely, with what you suggested, the player's rough hitbox would cause the coat to flare waaay out 90% of the time while in motion. But generally, I do very much agree agree, the standard open trenchcoat is too open at the front. Even with that in consideration, I feel like we could benefit from having an 'open, but not as open' option for a normal trenchcoat. Like, one of my character's outfits, who is meant to be wearing a trenchcoat, uses the Space Scoundrel option instead because its shape is better. Really. Compare it to the image you posted of Payne up there and you can see that the convex shape leading from the collarbone to the coattail's tip is pretty well matched.

In other words, I'd like a trenchcoat like the Space Scoundrel one, but more normal/present-day for a trenchcoat look. The shape on this piece is perfect, the only issue is that it's a bit too alien and belty for usage as a traditional trenchcoat.

• aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I'd like some earrings for catears.
    Reference picture:

aiqa wrote: »
    I'd like some earrings for catears.

You might want to elaborate a tinesy bit! A black circle isn't much of a fantastic reference (Though I understand that finding good pictures of "cat ear ear rings" can be less than fruitful), since it doesn't imply whether you'd like piercings along the ridge, lil catear flaps or what-have-you.

I think a general suggestion of some piercing pack would be great though! I think the biggest challenge with such a pack would be placing them aptly on both the male and female face models, since they allow vast tweaking in terms of size and length. I don't think the actual rings and studs would be too rough, yeah?
    Something as simple as making a mirror of our current mouth piercing 01 wouldn't hurt either: allow for a piercing on the opposite side for once!

jSepnED.jpg?1kBYaDk7.png?1eF9Ygvs.png?1CHVInUC.png?1
    (The furry is there moreso for aiqa, since those ears use a similar shape to the cat ears found ingame)
    Credit to the respective artist and all, sorry!​​