test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Costume Suggestion Thread

championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
edited July 2020 in Suggestions Box
Updated 25 March, 2016

Alright this is a thread I am making and maintaining for new suggestions of costume pieces, sets, monthly rewards, etc. Here are the rules;

1. You must have a reference of said item in the embedded in the post, to give an idea what it looks like.
2. The item cannot be apart of or have a trademark/copyright/license attached to it.
3. No items that would be deemed offensive (remember Teen rating).
4. This is not the thread for posting about costume bugs, pet peeves or other grievances, this is a thread for new costumes.

Show off what you can remember it has to have a reference picture or it WILL NOT be added to the list.

Be respectful, this is not a thread for posting bugs or venting or what have you.

Update from Kaiserin
A little note: Individual costume ideas are much more likely to be taken into consideration over entire costume set ideas.​​
Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
Silverspar on PRIMUS
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    ​​
    Post edited by championshewolf on
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    <reserved>​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    <reserved>​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    <reserved>​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    <reserved>​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    A little note: Individual costume ideas are much more likely to be taken into consideration over entire costume set ideas.​​
  • gorinzachiangorinzachian Posts: 40 Arc User
    A t-shirt (long and short sleeves) that show off the navel

https://www.etsy.com/listing/106817294/vintage-washington-super-shirts-crop-top
  • meeoeoowiemeeoeoowie Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Aha! Time to dump stuuuff!

For now I've got some one-off costume pieces, apt for monthly rewards, recognition and the like

First off, we've got no classic astronaut helmet, what's up with that?
    3TVktCe.pngbzajLwH.png?2

Suggestions: The glass for the helmet should be a headwear attachment with one variant locked down and one pulled up, if the final design allows it. The visor should also have glass, cloth, leather, metal and brushed metal options in the least! It's also a good idea to give the visor an innate gradient that takes use of our four color channels!

Second I've got masks! These could either be a minor collection in a pack or one of them chosen as a month/recog reward:
    1gXRRs6.jpg?29w0KFst.jpg?1xLvRLFG.jpg?1ahHOHAL.jpg?2JcBpKgL.jpg?1av7aglg.jpg?1kfuRbiI.jpg?1wGdtJHP.jpg?1HVlNXZf.jpg?17oIEEfp.jpg?1Hx8KISJ.jpg?1
    Most of these are pretty varied in terms of style, so I recommend either making it a "cultural masks pack" or drawing inspiration from some of the more similar designs to get some kind of result. The general idea is to give us more masks, perhaps with several patterns affixed to them, give us some fun new toys for head combos!

That's all I've got right now, kind of tired. I'll be sure to return with more stuff though!​​
    [A Place to Post Power Concepts] - I don't update this thing as often as I want to, but it is not abandoned!
    [Daily Login Rewards] - They sure would spice things up a bit!
    [Monthly Rewards and Silver Players] - Surely there should be some way to get them, no matter how difficult!
    [Discussion Concerning Event Powers] - Feel like you're missing out on Holy Water? Uh, probably shouldn't.
    [Discussion Concerning Energy Stats] - More or less what it says on the tin, there.
    [Analysis of Sorcery Copy-Powers] - I showcase some visual chopjobs, and such.
    [Analysis of a Poison Spread Bug] - The different interactions Virulent Propagation and Bite has with all poisons.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Hows about some rimless glasses? With the fitting glass material of course.
    actually, I'm going to generalize the request more: Some normalish looking glasses with lenses and rims separate, so that proper materials can be applied to both. just realize that isn't really more general oh well

Once again, going to request a realistically sized claymore for HW. Gotta have an alternative to those bustersword-proportioned blades we got.
    Post edited by bluhman on
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    If we've got an official thread for these, let's talk hair. We currently have a single cornrow hairstyle that's...inadequate. It's the absolute bare minimum when there's tons of straight hair options. First, there's both thin and thick cornrows so it would be good to have that as an option. The current cornrows also stop at the back of the head in a way that doesn't mesh well with the new Hair 2 options. Overall texture quality is quite low too. Going to post several images but try to break down the exact requests:

Example of a thicker option. Also, this has the braids extending out instead of stopping at the neck.

Asymmetrical and extends up for the many updo and raised ponytails already available. Also, a braided bun and hoop earrings would be good (separate) options.

Splits from the scalp outward instead of running straight back.

Braided side buns.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • brasston2501brasston2501 Posts: 45 Arc User
    I would love to see some of the sets that are already in-game finished out. We have some very cool sets that for some reason or another are incomplete.

For example:

Raw Muscle: A great looking set with some cool options. But it's just the torso and legs. No head, hands or feet. Plus, the colors don't match any of the skin-tone colors right so you can't really just mesh them up. I fake it sometimes with the Mean Scarecrow mask and Roinesh hands and feet, but still... My regenerator toon loves this set for when she's been in a rough fight, but I'd like to have it completed.

Here are some examples of what the head and hands could look like, courtesy of Hellraiser.

Also...since it's already in game, can we get the 'burned up' texture that NPCs get in the Steel Crusade arc? Again, my regenerator would love it.

Alien Hybrid: Another cool looking set that once more had just torso, legs, and this time a cool but sorta 'glued on' looking face mask. No head, hands or feet.

Tendrils: This one is just the torso, not even legs. Again it looks really cool and has some versitility to it. Colored properly it could be a symbiote skin, or burn scars. But we just have the torso piece, nothing else.

Speaking of scars, I'd love to see more scar options in game. Superheroes fight for a living. Sometimes against some pretty dangerous enemies, and not all of them have a med-bay, regeneration tank, Lazarus Pit, or whatever to heal. Sometimes they just have regular old human healing. It'd be nice to have some variety in showing their battle scars.

• raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    More types of animal ears... fluffy, floppy, perky, rounded, etc... along with an earless head mesh (seriously we need earless head, for both normal & noseless)... would also be nice to have versions of various ear types that protrude from the top of the head or the side of the head...

Post edited by raighn on
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • brasston2501brasston2501 Posts: 45 Arc User
    +1 for more animal ears and an earless head-mesh!!!!

In keeping with the animal theme up coming, I'd love to see some quills too.

• zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    This is a fairly specific part of agentcanada's entry for the old costume design contest. Noting the female version specifically due to how it alters the form. Can't direct quote so I'll try to copy/paste and also try to provide links:

http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/comment/1962836/#Comment_1962836
    http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/comment/1963257/#Comment_1963257

"I'm way behind here but here is the Female template of the Iconic Crest Costume Set. Hopefully it gets across that I wasn't after bigger breasts but a bigger, flatter surface for the existing emblems to sit on. The idea is that the desired chest position does exist as Chest Wear pieces proves the models proportions can be changed by clothing and that the Crested Top would allow that shape as a Tights feature. The Crest being part of the shirt itself, means players could still use the favorite Emblem as well. I'll cut and paste the previous parts description as well just for easier reading."

"The Set consists of Tights (Tops & Bottoms), Cape, Boots, Gloves and Hair.
    Top:
    (01) Unitard with an open neck line.
    (02) Large Triangle or Oval in the center of the chest (both have an obvious piping border. The top would have three colors, unitard, piping and center field.
    *The importance of this piece to the costume set is to make the Champions emblems bigger and more Iconic, the center field becomes part of the bigger Crest.
    * It also has another more important feature, the costume set is meant to allow women to wear logos across their chests, both bigger and not hidden by or tattooed on their cleavage."
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 969 Arc User

just because...
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
    bluhman said:

Could we maybe get a sort of retooled 'clockwork' helmet? Basically, a smooth, tight, full-mask with no visible eyeholes and a flat front:

courtesy of Saint's Row 4

Much like the Clockwork helmet, but no 'tail' part at the back of the head, and no real 'visor' look to it. However, most critically, this part would also retain face emblems, so you could go around with a big old V on your face like this, or perhaps a smiley face or some other such feature.

It's not too uncommon of a costume trope in superhero stuff either it seems:

DC really seems to like it in particular though.

I return! This time I return with the suggestion of an added pattern to an existing costume piece(s)

I figured a variant of the Jersey Urban shirts without any football details would be pretty swell, making it for a classic big shirt. Maybe give it some available color channels that simply color the trims of the shirt and another that offers some manual, gradient-based coloration or shading! That'd be pretty cool.

Optionally, for equally cool shirt-fashion, how about a shirt with a tied waist? Preeetty cowgirly.
    mb7bsQg.png
    I think it's safe to say that we have a large enough target market of overly sassy aspiring heroes for this to fit right in!
    And for you dudes, this is absolutely in fashion, you could totally flaunt your manly belly in this!
    bluhman wrote: »
    -Cool post about a cool flat mask idea-

I was just checking in to post this, but since you already did, I will instead add onto it. I have discussed this idea with Kaiserin before and as far as I understood, adding our existing "full mask" patterns to a different head models such as this one would be nigh impossible. Considering that you didn't strictly suggest that, it's less directed at your post and moreso any future ideas revolving around your post.

A head attachment with "Emblem Small", "Emblem Medium" and "Emblem Large" options would be great though, with the large one practically wrapping around the head, like some of the reference photos you posted.​​
    [A Place to Post Power Concepts] - I don't update this thing as often as I want to, but it is not abandoned!
    [Monthly Rewards and Silver Players] - Surely there should be some way to get them, no matter how difficult!
    [Discussion Concerning Event Powers] - Feel like you're missing out on Holy Water? Uh, probably shouldn't.
    [Discussion Concerning Energy Stats] - More or less what it says on the tin, there.
    [Analysis of a Poison Spread Bug] - The different interactions Virulent Propagation and Bite has with all poisons.
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    1)- I’d love a heeled version of 'Wrapped Sandals'.

"Gladiators High Heel"
    More reference pics:

2)- Also:

More reference pics:

Please consider these!
    Post edited by spordelia on
  • ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    This has annoyed me from day one... I want a realistic-looking, "flowing" trenchcoat! The current "Open Trenchoat" looks... meh, in my opinion. What I feel SHOULD be done is have the upper part of the coat a rigid model, around the upper breast area and across the shoulders, and have a cape model "hang" around it, near the lower breast area. Doing so would give a "Max Payne"-type look, as so.

Perhaps an even better image is this modded Max Payne skin.

media.moddb.com/images/downloads/1/50/49682/MaxPayne2_2012-12-30_15-14-05-43.jpg

And, of course, there's always the Punisher's coat.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/7c/0f/49/7c0f498ad2449a5e45bfddba6d4c6632.jpg

I hope you get what I'm trying to say. Don't connect the bottom of the open trenchcoat merely to some coattails. We're talking about the ultimate gritty antihero fashion statement, not a butler's petticoat.

Ah, how I wish to see a flowing trenchcoat dance behind me as I Thunderbolt Lunge a gang member...
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    I'd like some earrings for catears.
    Reference picture:

aiqa wrote: »
    I'd like some earrings for catears.

You might want to elaborate a tinesy bit! A black circle isn't much of a fantastic reference (Though I understand that finding good pictures of "cat ear ear rings" can be less than fruitful), since it doesn't imply whether you'd like piercings along the ridge, lil catear flaps or what-have-you.

I think a general suggestion of some piercing pack would be great though! I think the biggest challenge with such a pack would be placing them aptly on both the male and female face models, since they allow vast tweaking in terms of size and length. I don't think the actual rings and studs would be too rough, yeah?
    Something as simple as making a mirror of our current mouth piercing 01 wouldn't hurt either: allow for a piercing on the opposite side for once!

jSepnED.jpg?1kBYaDk7.png?1eF9Ygvs.png?1CHVInUC.png?1
    (The furry is there moreso for aiqa, since those ears use a similar shape to the cat ears found ingame)
    Credit to the respective artist and all, sorry!​​
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    NOTE: DEVS IF YOU MAKE THIS COSTUME AVAILABLE ONLY FOR GOLDs, I SWEAR TO GOD

Costume Suggestion: Sleeveless Jacket with Fur Patches
    Description: Open Jacket with Zippers, no sleeves, the Fur parts cover the area around the Neck and the Bottom. The Fur patches can be coloured
    The costume can also have chain rings for Drawstring/Aglet (like the ones Hoodies have)
    The costume should also come with pattern variety (flames, stars e.t.c)
    Image reference:
    elemental_polarbear_fighter_by_cinna_tree-d8id1du.jpg
    Elemental Polarbear Fighter by RalphTheFeline
    a REALLY GREAT Artist

Sidenote: If anyone knows the actual name of this costume type, please inform me! Google only gives me Fur coats
    Seems to be a thing for the Anime culture.
    I also like Bears and I want this item ingame for my own Bear​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User

I'd love me some actual heavy weapon axes. The ones we have are pretty small. The only decent axes are Rock Crystal Axe
    and single blade's Alien Organic Axe 1 (or 2, it was double-bladed). Warcraft and Darksiders 2 are my examples of what Heavy Weapons Axe should look like. Hope it gets consideration.^^
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    One item I would like, now that we have the attachment slot for it, is the back knife that goes on the back of the belt.

hqdefault.jpg

I know people would also want something like that for a ninja-to style sword, short sword or even sais as well. So probably want to consider that to.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Since this kind of fits here I'll repost this in this thread:

So we have a lightning eyes aura in the cstore for a while now, and after the VFX strength was toned down a bit it's not really bad looking. But there has been another lightning eyes aura in the game since forever that looks much better, but the only place I know if where it's used is on one of the villains (forgot the name) in the nemesis mission Bunker Buster.

It would be nice if that effect could by placed on an aura that is available for players.

The only reference I could find is this youtube video, but that is to low quality to even read the name
    https://youtu.be/tmhvATB5UXg?t=5m38s
    edited April 2016
    I return with uh...

Well, bucklers.
    Ey, 'ow bout them bucklers? Perfect for the Gold Reward, since insignia shield will suffice for non-golds, whilst maybe making a few people sub too!

Osd43wk.jpg?1brgi7bL.jpg?1qOhlLd9.jpg?2

I think the best means of approaching this is to make a fairly standard model, then letting normal/bumpmaps and textures distinguish three different patterns. All patterns should (if you ask me) be available in cloth, leather and metal.
    The three patterns are however intended for their respective materials, cloth getting a wooden variant, leather a leather padded variant and metal a steel shield!

I think they're best suited in both the bracer and back slot, perhaps a bit larger than our current insignia shields.

That's not all! If the dev is in any way ambitious, a new platemail-based costume set wouldn't be a horrible idea, I explain why here:
    Considering that most existing sets are either outdated or of highly specific design, generally pointing towards time periods in specific parts of our world (Persian, Egyptian, Medieval, etc.). With the massive amounts of high-tec costume sets and base pieces, I don't think it's an unreasonable step to take, granted there is a good enough distinction between the knight-like sets. Our current is very noble and of the medieval era, so I suggest a more gritty approach this time around, with leather straps and padding below the plates, riveted arches, bolts and torn cloth from the bulky Pauldrons! That sorta thing, anyway.

Of course, for a neck piece, I think a Gorget would make a fine addition to the game:

CT2fU10.jpg?1PS8scph.jpg?1YniF7AO.jpg?1

I also suggest adding something along the lines of a chest accessory category/slot, though that might be better suited for a different thread.
    It would either merge with the emblem category (I personally don't recommend this, since more categories generally allow for more complex and intricate costumes, if desired), or be an entirely new one. We already have a few costume pieces that could fit in there already, notably the ones which are centered at your neck and waist, without really adding bulk to your actual chest. It could also introduce itself with a knight set, the chest accessory piece being an extra central plate on an otherwise thinner platemail.

As for notes of inspiration, here are three random ones. No intention of infringing some distant copyrighted, though I'm sure no dev would strictly recreate one of these sets, if they ever were to value this suggestion at all!

ltxhdIw.jpg?1lelXcN9.jpg?1IDjJaYW.jpg?1​​
    Post edited by meeoeoowie on
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    ^totally would like some shield variety

avianos said:

Costume Suggestion: Sleeveless Jacket with Fur Patches

Description: Open Jacket with Zippers, no sleeves, the Fur parts cover the area around the Neck and the Bottom. The Fur patches can be coloured

The costume can also have chain rings for Drawstring/Aglet (like the ones Hoodies have)

The costume should also come with pattern variety (flames, stars e.t.c)

Image reference:

Sidenote: If anyone knows the actual name of this costume type, please inform me! Google only gives me Fur coats

Seems to be a thing for the Anime culture.

I also like Bears and I want this item ingame for my own Bear​​

^Fur on fur pls. Actually, I would like this sleeveless jacket that has fur on it so we don't have those huge sleeve holes like on the biker jacket stuff that lets you see the torso so easily.
    edited April 2016
    I return, slowly drowning this thread in various ideas. I realized that there's a concept that is potentially easy to execute, whilst making for a nice small/medium sized costume pack. Originality aside, I dub it the "Face Paint Pack"!

It could contain face patterns ranging from freckles to dirt, all the way from war paint to unisex make up options!
    Some examples:
    bNxvUtS.jpg?1dUJcbzv.jpg?1WkiNO0w.png?1ewiTIJJ.jpg?1RGNdmh8.jpg?12zH2BS6.jpg?1
    I think it's important to make as much use of the color channels as possible, for example giving the stripes below the eyes a color for each row. The dirt can have various colors mixed in, whereas the faded bar over the eyes could have a nifty gradient from top to bottom, etc! Flexibility is key, as always!

Now, if you ask me, the freckles and specific face paint options above should take priority. After that, dirt options would be nice, since swirl can work, but is sometimes less than flexible in terms of getting the desired result. New make up variants would also be interesting. Having pieces only focused on one area in the tailor, I can't imagine the pack being too expensive or time consuming, unless Kaiserin (or whoever) decides to go absolutely mental on this.​​
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Ok try this again if my net won't derp out.

A idea I like to see is better clothing for more of a future setting and add more variants to some cape and sleeve options. A example of one is this:

The low cape side longer than the other for the jacket, not only for the leg, but arms too, as one side being covered by a 'cape' while the other arm fully exposed. The image provided would be in two variants, one on each side of the leg if you want it on the right instead of the left, same with the arms. Along with these jackets and arm pieces, there would be boots that go as high as the knees (I say this for many feet wear do not go up to have knee armor and such which is lacking for a mix of armored legs) or pants that would have knee guards on them with attachments of belts and buckles. The crowl scarf above also could work as well for a 'civilian' look.

Gloves resembling these to keep a more futuristic setting, while also being modern

Example of the arm sleeve would be like this:

I cannot find the best image but that is a general idea, just shorten it enough to where it comes down only to the hip, only hiding one arm completely.

Post edited by drgmstr on

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
    edited April 2016
    ninjapiff wrote: »
    You don't think they could just copy models/textures already in Neverwinter over into Champions... do you?
    I honestly don't know, it depends on a few factors, namely if they're allowed by the guys in charge and whether or not it causes major conflict with how they model our outfits in CO as opposed to NWO. It could potentially save some time, but I am in doubt that it would happen.
    sadface.

Also, this might come off really silly, but the devs did make art for some claw weapons that I honestly think would be a nice addition right about now. They can also double as bracers, fancy that!
    lcjCIeB.jpg​​
    edited April 2016
    Costume Suggestion: Tactical Belt Backpack
    Description: A Big/Small bag postitioned on the back side of your waist
    Perfect item to take advantage of the Belt Accessories! Available in camouflage patterns but can use additional patterns like MEDIC
    It can be used for more than Military characters
    In general i would like to see more items in the Belt Accessories category! Combined with other costumes from the Back category you could create interest results
    The costume could also cover with straps the back and front sides of the character (possible as special attachement)
    The usage of this item is not limited only for Modern costumes, it can be used for Fantasy settings as well
    Image reference(s):
    67.jpgb767f37e7f7709b90d5da5e8d0890e9e.jpg82fdc4ebb5a5.jpg
    Sidenote: Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater is a Great game, it was one of the best resource to find such reference so I included it
    You can totally make a Tactical Espionage Action costume in Z store and include this​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    To go with the bags above, to flesh out more belt items;

Leather bags for the waist;

a64cf636ad90cee9940c06f4870cd8f9.jpg

c92b9456aa23f50e541b00cf145d4389.jpgx354-q80.jpg36185885cefa2c29320395954af9309b.jpg

Spell book that can be worn on the hip or back hip;

spellbook_2_by_kreativlink.jpg

Also spell scrolls for the back of the waist;

1002-egyptian-scroll-028-450x299.jpg​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited September 2016
    Costume Suggestion: Sacred Rope backpack (Knot and Circle Shimenawa with Shide.
    Description: Character are wearing enormous Shinto ropes on their back, called Shimenawa.
    One shapped as a big Circle and the other shaped as a Knot
    Those Ropes were used to bind spirits, called Kami, into objects like rocks or trees in Shinto spiritual beliefs. The objects that attracted kami were known as Yorishiro. When the ropes were adorned with paper streamers, called shide, they marked the spiritual sacredness of the location or object. Throughout Japan there were trees and even islands bound by shimenawa and shide.
    The unique thing for the spiritual belief was that kami could not only possess natural objects but also people as well.
    A Yorimashi or "Possessed Person" was a person that took the place of a Yoshiro.

TL;DR It would be a nice addition for the game and would give some Easten influense! also the backpacks are pretty badass
    The Knot circle can be as big as Back Halo
    Image reference(s):
    365px-ThGKKanako.pnglatest?cb=20160322033016

Kanako Yasaka from Touhou 10: Mountain of Faith
    122EfE2.png
    Rita Mordio from Tales of Vesperia wearing a special costume attachement
    gouken_gouki001.jpg
    Akuma and Gouken from Street Fighters

Sidenote:I could suggest Kimonos but I leave it for someone else, even thought I could use it for Fantasy settings

yes the costume I suggested became available...

AND ITS A GOLD MONTHLY REWARD MEANING I CANNOT GET IT

oh Screw you guys!onion-52.gifonion-53.gif​​
  • ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    kjodell said:
    Dear god, no. The Urban Anime set was enough Anime for me in Champions. The last thing we need is more catgirls.

Unless the costume wasn't gender-locked, in which case I'd love it. Heck, just make a "Uniform" set with elements of these wonderful outfits:

Alright, I can see how that last one might be a problem...
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    Making the shoulder capes from the Roin'esh large shoulder pieces available without the shoulder pieces. Perhaps even having different edges (like the full capes -ie: fire, etc.). Also available in short cape length.
    [I would include an image, except there seems to be no way of uploading one into this forum.]
    Post edited by straifrook on
    I want proper foot paws. I know people will just say use the cat pas, but there is a distinct difference between feline and canine paws. Namely wolf paws are a bit more angular and sharp looking not soft and rounded like the cat paws;

e30f6590bdfd2453066b480213759c08.jpgFootPaws.jpghow-to-draw-a-wolf-dog-wolf-dog-hybrid-step-9_1_000000136057_5.gif

Not to mention I would like for the paw pad to.

I would also like to push for a decent wolf tail. The current wolf tail basically would be better suited for a horses tail, with the wildness of the vertices and such, but something that has a noble wildness to it, and hangs down normally;

5207-004-FC8A3CAE.jpgWolf.jpg
    8507d51efcd412cab2d37d8b266b865c-d4rk7zd.jpg​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    I have a feeling this one will be tough, but I'd love to see at least the medieval era armors get a new material option for a sort of 'dulled' metal. Let me explain: So metal in this game looks like this:

It's super shiny, polished, and pretty OK for really modern-looking well-maintained stuff. But if we talk specifically about its appearance in contrast to rougher-hewn armor, forged and made for combat etc, it looks a bit... 'fake'? Compare this to how metal appears in a few other games:

It's still shiny, like, the shine effect is still pretty plainly 'white' and can get bright and reflective, but it doesn't reflect like a mirror. The Leather material almost does this, but doesn't get quite as sharp as this sort of metal does.

So, seriously doubt that that sort of undertaking could be done, even for something like a new armor costume set, but it's something I'd love to see looked in to.

edited June 2016
    Costume Suggestion: Poncho
    Description: Available for Back and Neck accesories, or could it be a Collar as well?
    I'm curious which category would this costume fit the best
    it would be a counterpart for the Cowboy set we have in Z store

Except of a normal looking Poncho, i wish we had something like McCree's from Overwatched, it acts as a Cape as well

Image reference(s):
    0056b58bb113a34bc1865fd480a40b8f.jpg
    600px-Mccree_Skin_Vigilante.jpg?version=242199ec8f6365c5ee68d9b45ef107e1
    06-rendition-medium.jpg
    800px-Trajes_chilenos_-Geschichte_des_kost%C3%BCms_in_chronologischer_entwicklung_1888-_A._Racinet.jpg
    ITS HIIIIGH NOON​​
  • thrdstooge#4273 thrdstooge Posts: 20 Arc User
    Can we please get more traditional golden age Jack Kirby-ish style costumes for not only us players but for villains and henchmen? This game needs to go back to it's comic book roots...

• horripilantehorripilante Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Well for the TV head Screen option

something like this gif

Post edited by horripilante on
    edited June 2016

edited June 2016
    Ladies and gentlefish, I present...
    an idea I had that escalated into some quick sketches, okay sorry
    The "Horror of the Depths!" costume set!
    Firstly, have my shoddy sketches. (Yes, they're bad, yes, they sorta get the idea across, not a place for art critique!)
    6uVxNNw.png?1L0UpOL6.png?1
    NDyxzw2.png?1zdm0WsC.png?1
    Now, to explain! As for the completed set, I was thinking of it almost being a natural twofer, since it offers a classic diver suit, but then has some ocean-based costumes pieces which can combine with the diver suit to create this deep sea horror. Maybe we'd finally get another 1000z costume set with filled out costume piece slots, a complimentary weapon and similar to those classic fantasy/persian/etc. sets? That'd be preeeetty neat!

Top left image notes
    Now, for the top left picture, it goes over some costume piece ideas, some flare that strengthens the "horror" part of the costume set. Stuff like having a ship's wheel costume piece! For this piece, I figured having it as a backpiece makes the most sense, maybe with an optional wrap over the chest as an attachment, or maybe vice versa! I did realize later, that making it a shield-like smaller bracer as a variant could be really cool as well!

Moving on, we've got the Anchor. Now, for the anchor I figured that it firstly could be a really cool Heavy Weapon piece, an anchor with a long pole for grip. As with other Heavy Weapons, the anchor is perfectly fitting for abilities such as impale (as I have noticed most heavy weapons having a pointed tip with purpose!) and the anchor is certainly heavy looking! A second use for the anchor (which I really like) is the idea of also using the actual anchor piece, excluding the rod segment, and giving players the option of having an anchor hand! I generally feel that hand replacers are wholly welcome by most players. (especially if the hand replacer acts according to the forearm, NOT the hand, to avoid strange bending) Once the assets are made, I don't see the trouble in making it a hand option too!

Up next, there's the diver helmet. Now, I think the actual headwear piece should be split into two versions: One version should rotate with the head, whilst the other should have the torso as the parent segment. This is so that you have a variant which works seamlessly with the collar piece, and another version that works better with other things! I also think that the diver's helmet should (like the flight helmet) have two accessory attachments: a layer just behind the face girders that you can make pitch black or use for an ominous glow. The other attachment could be minor, like a lamp on the side of the helmet. (Like that tiny flashlight bit I ended up drawing, see image for reference)

As for the actual collar piece connecting to the helmet, I think it should be available under both Collars and Chestwear, not much else to say there, other than the fact that it gives players an option for a heavier, realistic diver helmet.

As for the crab hand, I again think it's important that hand replacers such as that one don't use the hand as a parent for animating, since it causes them to bend awkwardly (and makes them faaar less friendly with a lot of casting animations, for example "palm" animations). Look at the Roin'esh hands, they work perfectly fine as is, no troubles there!

Top right image notes
    This sketch shows off the helmet and collar combination in action, but also presents the diver's jumpsuit tights, gloves and boots. I think it's about time that we get a proper baggy jumpsuit, slightly low between the legs (nowhere near as bad as the dinosaur suit please, hah) and the suit should be entirely seamless between the torso and legs. By making it seamless, you can make it look like an actual onesie, but you can also use them separate, adding immense versatility to the pieces! In terms of technicalities, I think the jumpsuit would benefit massively from having a unique mesh job, not just a map for the existing tights ingame. Giving it some sag and making it look like, y'know, a slightly baggy and bulky jumpsuit!
    As for the gloves and boots, I figure they could look fairly simple, maybe add some optional barnacle details.

I have noticed that costumes can differ with how they handle the leather material, based on their maps and such. I suggest making leather fairly slick and noticeable for the jumpsuit/gloves/boots, so that you can make the suit look wet. I think that would add a lot, for those who want that "fresh out of water" feel.

Bottom left image notes
    Now, this is something I have wanted for a long time. Not because I want freaky sea monster arms, but because I see great potential in the robotic arms category. It essentially allows uniquely detailed arms (or legs), splitting the torso "tights" setup into three categories. It also allows for interesting shapes for arms, such as this one, where I went for an organic feel. Think of sea creatures here, the stuffing between the chitinous layers on a crab or lobster. Or maybe the shoulders start with what is almost tentacles, with a transition into this chitinous plating. Pretty metal!

And, as I suggest in the image, I see that in practice the arm might need to be less chunky, with added bulk through bracers and accessories. This would be to allow other bracers and arm accessories to clip less, as well as adding diversity to the arms, which is brilliant, of course! Maybe make sure that these arm pieces look good with the crab hands? I'm sure that's a natural course of action there.

Bottom right image notes
    It's a tail. It's a lobster/crawdad tail. I don't see the problem, how can anyone hate that? It's chunky, it's got chitin, it's nasty, it's awesome!

In conclusion
    I think each segment above sums it up fairly well. I think giving it a slick (maybe additional? call it wet leather!) leather material would help the look a lot, and I think adding some barnacles to most of those pieces would sell the look as well!
    I realize that this is extremely ambitious, and I acknowledge that I've gone totally crazy with this idea, but I honestly think it's a natural step to take in terms of fleshing out the Champions Online wardrobe. It fits with Vibora, it fits with Lemuria, and I don't think we really have a set that scratches this itch. (Vine is probably the closest, and y'know, it isn't very close!)

That's all I've got, you guys! I hope the wall of text isn't too daunting, I poured an evening and night of thought into this, so I dearly hope someone enjoys it!
    Laters!

[EDIT] Regarding the female variant, I reckon most of it should be fairly similar, scaled or modified to fit the female model. As for the jumpsuit, split off "cups" for the breasts is really strange for a jumpsuit, even as a woman's cut. I think this would be a good place to start for adding more women's tops without the split/cleavage for the chest, it's strange! Monoboob all the way, as it were!
    "monoboob"? Geeze, I'm the worst​​
    Post edited by meeoeoowie on
    edited June 2016
    Costume Suggestion: Musketeer costume Set
    Description: Alas, we may have a Single Rapier in the whole game, but we don't have other signature clothes for a Musketeer! Like Hat with the Signature giant feather (see Cavalier hat) and unique clothes! I would like to see a whole costume set deticated for Musketeer theme! along with the giant neck ruff some and the unique coat-tunics musketeers wear
    Frans_Hals_-_detail_showing_Cavalier_hats.jpg
    05275a77cc3c31e2a535ad1fc13dcd0a.jpg
    c29ef9384519304dfdd98ce2964a29af.jpg

Image References:
    ape_moschettieri2_webphoto_big.jpg
    20350499fc329480331d6ea822e10161.jpg
    74b496d2436a345ceb07fcb367cc9681.jpg
    I dont like anime but Im a JRPG TRAAAASH
    8e21ffc27283694aa48f6a53b7ef595c.jpg​​
  • flechusflechus Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    some Hazamat outfits would be good

Also, we still need Steampunk robot head (male and female) , torso (male and female) and a waist part

These are from a french videogame

Post edited by flechus on

I support "Sell Z-store items individually" & Japan Zone
  • norway174norway174 Posts: 9 Arc User
    All the glasses look rather terrible in my opinion. Except for the Aviator glasses.
    I'd love to see a glasses pack, with different modern, and old, and even futuristic glasses.

Like the joke glasses, I love their design. But I hate those eyebrows joke part.
    Glasses like those, without the eyebrows would be perfect!

Here's an illustration I came up with,

Thank you for your time. And I hope to see a glasses pack in the future. Or even just those specific glasses alone without those silly eyebrows.

• horripilantehorripilante Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    some Holo-hex sci-fi glasses

and a holo wristwatch-thing for a future SciFi urban set

Also, maybe a "Glass/see-through" robot

A normal body, made of glass, divided like the robot parts, and with some robotic stuff "inside", not neccesarly a full robotic skeleton, but some robo/techno stuff inside the chest, skull, waist and part of the arms and legs
    Post edited by horripilante on
  • erstarkerstark Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    my deal is more options for the Floaty brain part, pieces that behave like it, or similar

maybe stuff like a tiny octopus swimming inside those hug helmets

perhaps a tiny storm cloud, or some sort of drone/robot brain , more static and less jumpy compared to the floaty brain.

Also, maybe using stuff like those drone-bomb used by viper as a Robotic floaty brain (retooling some parts of course)

I would love to use that shaky Tiny Skull Mass that remains below the Recognition Building in RenCen

instead of floating around like the Floaty barín, it would remain static, but spinning slowly on its own center, with some creepy glowing option here and there.

Your character would be powered/controlled by a Group of tiny skulls, silently screaming forever...
    Post edited by erstark on
  • flechusflechus Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    i wanted to suggest a "complete sphere" head piece, probably on full helmets

A simple sphere with human neck and robot neck options (and also usable with the headless option for "no neck" floating sphere effect)

And then give it several kinds of textures

-sphere with glowing cracks
    -Soccer ball
    -Disco Ball
    -Large Eyeball (with extra designs for each type of eye we normally posses)

Maybe even stuff like spheric robot heads and similar stuff (excuse the crappy designs, i am bad at the arts)

Post edited by flechus on

I support "Sell Z-store items individually" & Japan Zone