test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neo Constitution

bwbriscoebwbriscoe Member Posts: 72 Arc User
What are the chances of us getting a Neo Constitution ship soon?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    depending on the definition of "soon" I'd say about 100% within a year
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,328 Community Moderator
    It's already being worked on.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,264 Arc User
    It's already being worked on.

Indeed they stated in the most recent Ten Forward stream that the Neo-Connie was being worked on though they couldn't give a release date.
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    Hopefully it's a C-Store ship
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 256 Arc User

I would be shocked if it was. Promo pack is most likely, lock box at the very least.
      I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
    • Options
      edited April 2023

I would be shocked if it was. Promo pack is most likely, lock box at the very least.

It grimes my gears that ships people want is often behind gamble walls, sure you can wait for them to be available in the event campaign but still annoying.
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      • Options
        bwbriscoebwbriscoe Member Posts: 72 Arc User
        What does promo pack mean? How can we get hold of it?
      • Options
        proteus#8097 proteus Member Posts: 218 Arc User
        bwbriscoe wrote: »

Obtained during a limited time event in which special 'Infinity Promotion' R&D & Duty Officer packs are sold in the C-Store, that offer a very small chance of winning a T6 Promotional Ship Choice Pack.

More info on that here...
        https://stowiki.net/wiki/Special_Requisition_Choice_Pack_-_Tier_6_Promotional_Ship_Choice_Pack
      • Options
        rast3rman#9798 rast3rman Member Posts: 8 Arc User
        Whales only apply :(
      • Options
        smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User

To make it simple: Be ready to sacrifice a goat, or a virgin in hopes of winning one, if that is the case.
        dvZq2Aj.jpg
      • Options
        jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User

To make it simple: Be ready to sacrifice a goat, or a virgin in hopes of winning one, if that is the case.
        Possibly a virgin goat, if it's a ship you really want.
        Lorna-Wing-sig.png
      • Options
        snakevorerulessnakevorerules Member Posts: 55 Arc User
        edited May 2023
        i prefer it was a c store ship but as many said it probably be a promo ship or lock box ship or some sort of pack that costs 200 us dollars to buy it. guess part of my message was wrong so i apologies for that. just i am tired of all the nice ships being put behind a wall like lock box or promo ships or expensive packs.the constitution class has always been my fav class ship.my Klingon fly's mirror warship.

(Flaming, trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
        Post edited by snakevorerules on
      • Options
        Hopefully, the Shangri-La class skin will be included as well
        NMXb2ph.png
        • Options
          rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
          So do I.
          db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
          I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
          The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
        • Options
          Either way, gonna have start making pentagrams in virgin goat blood to get the neo-connie, I wager. :s
          dvZq2Aj.jpg
        • Options
          husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
          I am actually fine with it being promo.
          I don't really wanna see the entire game flying the same ship. ::P
          Also lets be honest if they make Zen store it will be extremely undesirable from a game stat point of view. At least as a promo it will more likely be top tier and worth running a fully min maxed setup on.

If you want one and your not already space rich. My suggestion right now is figure out how to make EC in the game. (It is not hard). You don't have to exchange PvP to get rich... that might be the only way to get ultra space rich. But to collect 1.5b or so to grab a promo ship when it launches is achievable just doing game things. Figure out what pays, or what you can collect that sells. I mean tour the universe is boring as heck... but you probably have 5 or 6 months before a neo con drops. You could also figure out how to farm consumables like contrband. Heck even just running a quick patrol on each of your toons once a day and selling off the junk is a legit way to make plenty of EC. Start your grinding now and save.
        • Options
          husanakx wrote: »
          Also lets be honest if they make Zen store it will be extremely undesirable from a game stat point of view. At least as a promo it will more likely be top tier and worth running a fully min maxed setup on.

If you want one and your not already space rich. My suggestion right now is figure out how to make EC in the game. (It is not hard). You don't have to exchange PvP to get rich... that might be the only way to get ultra space rich. But to collect 1.5b or so to grab a promo ship when it launches is achievable just doing game things. Figure out what pays, or what you can collect that sells. I mean tour the universe is boring as heck... but you probably have 5 or 6 months before a neo con drops. You could also figure out how to farm consumables like contrband. Heck even just running a quick patrol on each of your toons once a day and selling off the junk is a legit way to make plenty of EC. Start your grinding now and save.

Let's just agree to disagree on that, I'm not a fan of putting things behind gamble box mechanics and the Neo-Connie being a C-Store ship would be a far better option for those of us who want to buy the ship.
          I'd put the Neo Connie in the C-Store so that ship is available on all characters on account instead of on just one character.
          NMXb2ph.png
          • Options
            husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
            edited May 2023

Let's just agree to disagree on that, I'm not a fan of putting things behind gamble box mechanics and the Neo-Connie being a C-Store ship would be a far better option for those of us who want to buy the ship.
            I'd put the Neo Connie in the C-Store so that ship is available on all characters on account instead of on just one character.

Gamble box ships go Cstore eventually.
            Anyway I wouldn't get hopes up to high. Odds of it being a promo box ship I would say are at least 50 to 1. lol
            The small chance its not in a promo selection box.... could perhaps be that it is in some form of legendary pack that will probably include 2-3 other ships and cost as much as a Mudd bundle anyway. I could see them doing a Picard legendary bundle... NeoCon, Shrike + filler or another ship to ensure it gets a mudd bundle price of 14,750 zen on sale. (and can't be purchased on its own or with a coupon).

EDIT. Now that I think about it perhaps that is a decent solution. Remove the old picard bundle from the store. Make a new picard bundle with the Neo Con, Shrike, Miradord and the Galaxy museum edition with some La Forge "special modifications /solo voice". And an account unlock for the tommy gun, and the Picard S3 uniforms. This solves the Picard bundle value issues, means cryptic doesn't have to sell the NeoCon at standard price... and they could also give the Neo Con and Shrike decent gamble box level stats.
          • Options
            jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
            Personally, I just hope that the Devs remember that the Neo-Constitution is a Science Ship and not a Cruiser. That was the whole reason that Shaw didn't want to go into combat with it.
          • Options

On paper, perhaps. It took me a LOOOOOOOONG time to collect the billion plus to get the Cerritos.

Personally, seeing these ships sell for a billion or more is SILLY...I even see LOCKBOX ships going for that, in addition to promo ones. I mean....seriously? :/
            dvZq2Aj.jpg
          • Options
            solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
            jslyn wrote: »
            Personally, I just hope that the Devs remember that the Neo-Constitution is a Science Ship and not a Cruiser. That was the whole reason that Shaw didn't want to go into combat with it.

I hope they don't. Or at worst, a Science Vanguard. I really want that ship, but I flat-out don't have fun with Science ships. I'll be very disappointed if this ship is Sci-focused.
          • Options
            dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 256 Arc User
            jslyn wrote: »

Hard disagree here. Sci simply isn't viable these days outside extremely specialized builds.
            I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
          • Options
            phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
            edited May 2023
            The game really could use more science vanguards, but from what they showed in PIC I am not sure it would be a good fit unless they upgraded it somehow during its repair and rechristening (keeping the battle cloak would be good too, even though it has that weird malfunction where it comes to transporters, Geordie must have had difficulties getting it to work at all after the long saltwater bath :lol:).

Personally I would prefer if they put some good science vanguards in the c-store, but so far they seem to be all in promo or lockboxes the way this ugly duckling neo connie will almost certainly be.
          • Options
            Personally, seeing these ships sell for a billion or more is SILLY...I even see LOCKBOX ships going for that, in addition to promo ones. I mean....seriously? :/

Drives me nuts too. Used to be you could easily save up the ECs without turning STO into a full time job to get a lockbox ship. ESPECIALLY one of the new ones. Nowadays... you're more likely to get a Vengeance for a reasonable price than most lockbox ships. And with how desirable the Vengeance is that's saying something.
            db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
            I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
            The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
          • Options
            ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
            As nice a ship that the Ent-G is (aside from those god-awful nacelles), I thought it was portrayed as somewhat weak in the show. That being said, though, it will be nice to see it added.
            -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
          • Options

Gamble box ships go Cstore eventually.
            Anyway I wouldn't get hopes up to high. Odds of it being a promo box ship I would say are at least 50 to 1. lol
            The small chance its not in a promo selection box.... could perhaps be that it is in some form of legendary pack that will probably include 2-3 other ships and cost as much as a Mudd bundle anyway. I could see them doing a Picard legendary bundle... NeoCon, Shrike + filler or another ship to ensure it gets a mudd bundle price of 14,750 zen on sale. (and can't be purchased on its own or with a coupon).

EDIT. Now that I think about it perhaps that is a decent solution. Remove the old picard bundle from the store. Make a new picard bundle with the Neo Con, Shrike, Miradord and the Galaxy museum edition with some La Forge "special modifications /solo voice". And an account unlock for the tommy gun, and the Picard S3 uniforms. This solves the Picard bundle value issues, means cryptic doesn't have to sell the NeoCon at standard price... and they could also give the Neo Con and Shrike decent gamble box level stats.

Like I said earlier, let's just agree to disagree on that.
            NMXb2ph.png
            • Options
              ikonn#1068 wrote: »
              As nice a ship that the Ent-G is (aside from those god-awful nacelles), I thought it was portrayed as somewhat weak in the show. That being said, though, it will be nice to see it added.

Well... I think the reason she was seen as weak was because she was outgunned for the most part by the Shrike, not to mention that portal gun. I have no doubt in a normal stand up fight she'd pack a punch like any other Federation starship. But when you got things like that portal gun... it does skew the odds in favor of the unconventional aggressor.
            • Options
              She's tankier than she looks, she managed to withstand heavy fire and it took a lot
              NMXb2ph.png
              • Options
                jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
                edited May 2023
                I hope they don't. Or at worst, a Science Vanguard. I really want that ship, but I flat-out don't have fun with Science ships. I'll be very disappointed if this ship is Sci-focused.

We all have our preferences. I personally feel that way about Cruisers. So, I can relate to your feelings.

(What are you even supposed to do with seven Engineering Seats? Seriously. I honestly don't know.)

Hard disagree here. Sci simply isn't viable these days outside extremely specialized builds.

Extreme Builds are not required. Specialized, yes. That is true for just about anything if you want ungodly DPS. Mine switches between Heavy Sci and Torpedo Boat with the change of about three Traits (another two if I going with a rapid-fire Tricobalt ship) and a few Consoles. Synergy is the name of the game, my friend!
              This discussion has been closed.