test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

no win scenario still showing incorrect date range...

as title says...

lists dates as 8/13 to 8/16

can yall fix this or??
meh

Comments

• Options
    steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Putting the wrong info on the launcher in the first place was sloppy enough, the fact that it's still there, and still wrong, a week later is just embarrassing.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,531 Arc User
    That information is findable, sure, but tracking it down sending in complaints over his head could be considered a form of the real-world harassment that the terms of service forbids.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    If those people actually are on livestreams, twitter, or reddit then they must already would know about the problem since it is mentioned so often in them.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    westmetals wrote: »
    If those people actually are on livestreams, twitter, or reddit then they must already would know about the problem since it is mentioned so often in them.

You would think so, but... it couldn't hurt to be sure.

I personally am not on any of those platforms, just the forum (I hate watching livestreams after the fact as I can't interact, and I can't be online when they do them... and I'm banned from twitter)

I had twitter a long time ago. There used to be a "device" in Second Life and channels used by people in-character there way back before they went all anti-alias, and again when I went back to college because the school insisted on it (like STO they had a web page but rarely updated the "news" section and used twitter instead), but it never interested me enough to bother signing up for it otherwise. I know that is not much experience with it, but I don't think you are missing much.

I do use Reddit, but it is spread out and disorganized enough that I usually don't keep close tabs on it, it is a massive distraction factory :lol:
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    I do use Reddit, but it is spread out and disorganized enough that I usually don't keep close tabs on it, it is a massive distraction factory :lol:

But a great place for finding memes and rare insults.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Looking up someone's online presence for a method of contact is not stalking. Trying to find their personal information like their address, phone number, etc.. that would be where the line is.

If you're a consumer of the company they work for and are contacting them using the contact information they themselves provided in their bio/profile then that's perfectly in bounds.

Now, if they don't answer you, well then that's that. Pushing it after that fact is where things start to get into unpleasant territory.

As for escalating to anyone at Cryptic, I honestly think it would be a waste of time. Cryptic does not strike me as the type of company where anyone cares one bit about anything that their customers have to say. We will continue to get unreliable and inaccurate information passed to us by someone that doesn't care. Our options are find a way to deal with it, or leave. That's where we are.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    The thing is...they don't provide their contact information. It's not like Cryptic has a public list of employee e-mail address or links to contact individual people that work for them. So even if you find out that the manager in charge of Kael is say Jimmy Doe, that doesn't help any as you don't have a public way to contact Jimmy Doe without hacking in some manner to get their Cryptic e-mail address. I have literally tried every publicly available methods to contact anyone at Cryptic about this issue short of actually showing up at their office. Doing anything beyond that I would say approaches stalkery levels.

Fair enough, in that situation then yeah.. I agree. They are obviously not giving people a way to contact them without resulting to methods that would be questionable. This information is disappointing, but not surprising.
    As for if contacting anyone at Cryptic will do any good...it might...it might not. I mean there is plenty of proof that the devs have a habit of not listening to their players of course...like the T6 Nova for example. But we don't know if the current state of the devs doing dumb things is entirely on them or not. How can you as a dev make changes the players want if you have a CM that is telling you that everything is fine? I mean there will always be the devs don't listen no matter who the devs are and what the game is. It's just gonna happen. Some things needs to be done for them to keep lights on that the players won't like. But really, I feel like things have been getting way...WAY worse since Kael and I get the feeling he is blocking information from the devs so they don't know how bad things are so he can continue to not do his job and try to become twitch famous.

I applaud your efforts and wish you luck, honestly. Personally, I have given up, I am convinced that the current regime simply doesn't care but I respect the effort you are putting in to try and foster some type of change.

I certainly agree that there is an obvious disconnect between players and the developers and agree that the link between these two source does appear to be.. non functional to put it mildly. I wish you luck.

Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    kurtronkurtron Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    woot...still same dates. guess no one cares.

I mean, considering the ad on the launcher for key bundles is using a 3-years outdated image for the ultimate tech upgrade, I'd imagine that's the case
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    Well, you could always pull a Karen and demand to speak to the manager - I have no idea how US Business law works, but if you ask to speak to someone's boss, aren't they legally obligated to send you to them? Employees always seem to do it...though that may be less a law and more they just want to pass the problem up the chain so they get left in peace.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
This discussion has been closed.