test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Command Romulan Ships on any faction

Comments

• Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Well, I don't think this makes a lot of sense on a lot of levels from an in universe perspective. Of course the alliance is there to bring everyone together in happy fun land to fight the xenos, but the Romulan faction is arguably the weakest one having had a total political collapse and their homeworld destroyed. So why are they the first ones producing ships for everyone?

Now from a game perspective, this is nice if you want a ship for everyone for the trait/admiralty card. Just buy the Romulan ship. Also, I don't think anyone realized this yet, but this very thing means that there is now more incentive, if you're going to buy just one ship, you buy Romulan ships over others so all your characters can use it, or the trait, and that means there is more incentive to produce new Romulan ships on the developer end. The question then is will there be a number of Romulan only ship releases?

Still to go back in universe, with the grand alliance as the reason for all of this, why not the same treatment for Fed/KDF ships? It seems like that is only be a matter of time.
  • Options
    thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Well, I don't think this makes a lot of sense on a lot of levels from an in universe perspective. Of course the alliance is there to bring everyone together in happy fun land to fight the xenos, but the Romulan faction is arguably the weakest one having had a total political collapse and their homeworld destroyed. So why are they the first ones producing ships for everyone?

Now from a game perspective, this is nice if you want a ship for everyone for the trait/admiralty card. Just buy the Romulan ship. Also, I don't think anyone realized this yet, but this very thing means that there is now more incentive, if you're going to buy just one ship, you buy Romulan ships over others so all your characters can use it, or the trait, and that means there is more incentive to produce new Romulan ships on the developer end. The question then is will there be a number of Romulan only ship releases?

Still to go back in universe, with the grand alliance as the reason for all of this, why not the same treatment for Fed/KDF ships? It seems like that is only be a matter of time.

In the one blog they gained a lot of former empire shipyards plus they have control of the Dyson Sphere because it is in their space its like the Bajorians and the wormhole. So yeah even though they have suffered so much they gained much needed support plus still have the Dyson sphere all they have to do is import materials that it can't produce like those for their singularity cores and things. *Shrugs*
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    anyone else wishing they just do a time skip to the grand alliance and stop pretending they are writing anything else?

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User

Roms can already use Fed or KDF ships depending on allignment since late 2018
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Well. That's...sad. Awesome. But Sad.

I guess I'm more meh about it than anything else. It's kind of what the Klingons are always so scared of, being absorbed into the Federation.

It's supposed to be about preserving our distinctions and differences and using them to work in harmony, not homogenizing. That's the Borg's thing. (We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own).

If we're gonna skip ahead to the Delta Alliance being the primary political entity, then great, though the constituent nations are still supposed to be separate 200 years from now.

On the other hand, it only makes sense. The devs haven't bothered to put in faction or species specific character dialogue since what? Legacy of Romulus? It's all been pretty Starfleet.

Whatever, it's fine, it's fine.

I'll keep it canon, and whoever doesn't want to, doesn't have to.

And there are gonna be some great RP'ers who are gonna make characters that stole this ship or that ship from the Tal Shiar or the Empire or the Republic.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    Just more Admiralty cards for me. That's the extent of how this affects me personally.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well it sounds like this is just another thing that is decried as a disaster of biblical proportions. ;)

https://youtu.be/q0POXW4V1_k
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    And now you understand the unlocking of those Valdore class Consoles.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    buy this ship is a waste of money, the valdore console is totally useless.
  • Options
    ??? Ohhh kay
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited August 2019

Categorically false.

It's an excellent console.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »

Ridiculous and false.

Well...technically might not be if they don't plan on using warbirds unless they change the console restriction. If you plan to just use your faction specific ship, getting the valdore will do nothing for the dominion, KDF and feddie bears. But if you do plan to use warbirds...yeah...that console is pure gold.

I am hoping the Valdore console stays locked to Romulans.

With this change, it just further homogenizes Romulans.. they need to still have something that makes them special or desirable to play. Use of the Valdore console is one small thing, some consoles like DPRM, the biggest is obviously SRO Officers. Now that anyone can fly a Scimitar I am hoping that some things stay Romulan.

We'll see.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    they need to still have something that makes them special or desirable to play.
    Yes.

The storyline.

Just like all the other "factions."
  • Options
    warpangel wrote: »
    they need to still have something that makes them special or desirable to play.
    Yes.

The storyline.

Just like all the other "factions."

They still got the ability to go full SRO boffs

and I doubt this exclusivity will be taken away because it would defeat the need for the npc that sells the SRO to others in Embassy Holding
  • Options
    casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Warbirds are not that amazing on a non-rom toon.

You lost 40 subsystem power by default and you're in a more fragile shell of a ship.

Excepting the Scimitars and the Temporal Warbird (warship), the warbirds aren't comparing in performance with other fed/kdf ships.

This is more like a release and unification of limited content.

Certain ships will remain rom-only, as some ships are fed-only.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User

Categorically false.

if you say so.

• Options
    The Ferengi are already in tune with this upcoming change. The Mirror Romulan Ships have increased prices on the Exchange.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    jkwrangler2010jkwrangler2010 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    If there is an uptick of Romulan ships being purchased/used, would that lead to the devs creating more Romulan based content?

And does it really matter whom flies what? I mean, you don't really interact with other players in pvp matches, you only see their ship. Yes, you do see a small avatar of their character on the team stats, but that's it. The only big change I feel will be more Romulan ships outside of ESD.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User

Categorically false.

matter of opinion.

2.5% chance to heal shields when doing pew pew.

if tac consoles became universal... folks would be flying with 11 tac consoles.
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    Even though I mostly keep my characters in their faction-specific ships, I do like having the option to grab a warbird for 'em.
  • Options
    tigeraries wrote: »

Categorically false.

matter of opinion.

2.5% chance to heal shields when doing pew pew.

if tac consoles became universal... folks would be flying with 11 tac consoles.

That is matter of opinion too though

I would never use 11 tac consoles even on my tac toons
  • Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    If there is an uptick of Romulan ships being purchased/used, would that lead to the devs creating more Romulan based content?

And does it really matter whom flies what? I mean, you don't really interact with other players in pvp matches, you only see their ship. Yes, you do see a small avatar of their character on the team stats, but that's it. The only big change I feel will be more Romulan ships outside of ESD.

As it should be. B)
    ~Shia~

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 65, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 65, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 65, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac
    Sukima, Lvl 65, Fed Vul Sci

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anointed Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator
  • Options
    vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    angarus1 wrote: »
    Even though I mostly keep my characters in their faction-specific ships, I do like having the option to grab a warbird for 'em.

Feds can now have C-Store Miracle Worker cruisers that aren't fugly as all get out, with a battle cloak to boot. Viva la revolución!
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    The Romulan ships are among my favorites. I haven't played my Reman toon in quite some time, so this will be a bonus for me.
  • Options
    bluejaye1bluejaye1 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Useful for my Armada's, but that's about it.

I'd be much happier, if they let the Romulan's wear either the uniforms of the faction they've allied with.
    Star Trek Offline is currently online. We apologise for the convenience and are working to remedy the situation.
This discussion has been closed.