What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cosplay Thread

13»

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    so, i don't suppose anyone's ever done a passable protoss cosplay, have they?

not really sure how anyone would manage that, seeing as how even with all the options available to aliens, there isn't a 'no mouth' head option, but just in case someone has...would you mind sending me screens of the tailor settings? i'd like to make a protoss to go with my new protoss (aka vorgon) carrier if possible

also, on an unrelated note, those of you who have posted pictures here before via photobucket...might wanna find a different hosting site and reupload​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    The crew of the Raza (Dark Matter) in STO...

jL9TBEi.jpg

Two:
    WCIAGIX.jpg

Three:
    xf5K47a.jpg

Five:
    wGAPZbx.jpg

Six:
    Ai1oEnA.jpg

Android:
    56Yas4B.jpg
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    About a year ago, I'd theorized it quite possible to make a good approximation of Nikoai Orelov's outfit (see post on page 2). Below is the result, less hood...

39646684802_744878e308_o.jpg

Also in frame: Rattler and her take on FE: Awakening's Lucina.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    I will say that the Competative Rep cape certainly added to the Lucina look.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    I'd have to get a screenshot of it (and find a way to host it since I think Photobucket's being a pain with third-party sites again...) but I actually did a nice cosplay using the Reman hood and Intel long coat that I'm rather proud of... They're not a specific character, but themed after an Order from a certain popular game series...

Actually, now that I think about it, not counting a couple characters who have Halloween costumes (including a Klingon Wonder Woman), I've got a few BOffs or entire crews that are technically cosplayed or themed... huh...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    > @turbomagnus said:
    > (and find a way to host it since I think Photobucket's being a pain with third-party sites again...)

www.imgur.com

Better than Photo-Suck-It, free, and easy to use.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    I'd have to get a screenshot of it (and find a way to host it since I think Photobucket's being a pain with third-party sites again...) but I actually did a nice cosplay using the Reman hood and Intel long coat that I'm rather proud of... They're not a specific character, but themed after an Order from a certain popular game series...
    That should be interesting to see. Even more interesting would be an actual comic run which asks 'what if said Order, and its notional opponents, were still alive and kicking in the 24th century?' Lest anyone dismiss such a possibility out of hand, consider IDW's Spectrum War arc...
  • Options
    That should be interesting to see. Even more interesting would be an actual comic run which asks 'what if said Order, and its notional opponents, were still alive and kicking in the 24th century?' Lest anyone dismiss such a possibility out of hand, consider IDW's Spectrum War arc...

Slightly Off-topic; who says the Order didn't? After all, Janeway DID have a 'Leonardo Di Vinci's workshop' holodeck program... and, hey, when Marvel held the Star Trek comics license, we did get Star Trek/X-Men crossovers, so it could happen.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    2TySTGj.jpg
    He stalks the dark places of Earth Spacedock, waiting on his targets...

z53hSNR.jpg
    A (slightly) better shot to see the costume; white Intel longcoat with black and red details, black Reman hood and Draped Fabric sash, Reman Nemesis pants and a Na'Kuhl Assassin's Blade.

On the subject of another character...
    hUPuHtn.jpg
    Jouster, Captain of the Serenity Valley, dressed like the captain of the ship's namesake...

2VTdDOS.jpg
    Jouster in the Winter Brown longcoat... or should that be Winter long Browncoat, heh...

sXDzifm.jpg
    A newer outfit of Jouster's a Browncoat variant using the Mudd Lobi costume... I'm actually not sure if I like this better than the Winter Brown version or not. What does anyone else think?
  • Options
    kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    @rattler2 I'm currently working on a project and would love to use your Terran Ghost (Starcraft), Catwoman & Natasha (C&C) cosplay outfits if you'd allow that & if so... do you have kinda how-to's or costume file(s) that I could use?

@eradicator84 I'm currently working on a project and would love to use your EDI cosplay outfit if you'd allow that & if so... do you have kinda how-to or costume file that I could use?
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • Options
    @kurumimorishita
    I don't know how to share costume files, and they're kinda set for Trill Female anyways (although Catwoman was actually on an Alien) so I can share what I used. Although it has been a while since I pulled them out, so forgive me if I'm just a bit off. Also my outfit collection has expanded since I started this thread and some outfits (Most notably the Yang Xiao Long and Ghostbuster outfits) have been tweaked with new stuff.

Ghost: Bodysuit should be Terran Taskforce (both top and bottom) with I believe Terran Taskforce boots and gauntlets. Chest gear, belt and shoulders are actually from kits. I believe the shoulders were soldier, but I honestly don't remember the chest piece and belt. I tried to match the grey to what Nova wears. But seeing as how Kerrigan's outfit was a different color, feel free to customize as you wish.

Natasha: Pretty simple if you have both of the available lobi store Terran outfits. I don't remember exactly which top it is at the moment though. Also Enterprise era Terran belt, and appropriate boots (I think I used Kobali). Chest gear is the Terran Utility that only has the pouch on the side and no extras.

Catwoman: This one ended up being a mix of versions but the only real parts you'd have to get that isn't available by default is the goggles that you can get from the Miner outfit available via Dilithium Mine, and the belt from one of the Odyssey variants from the Starbase, think its the Excursion belt. The rest is basic uniform parts, in this case a black Sierra uniform, tight black pants and shoes/boots. The face pattern had to be one to emulate a mask, and I just matched a short hairstyle to the color. Had to play around with the ears until I found one that worked with the hairstyle.

I admit its probably not the how to you wanted, but again it has been quite a while since I used them myself. I hope this at least gets you in the right direction.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    @rattler2 Oh wow - thanks so much for your quick & comprehensive answer!! *^_^* - costume files are usually saved in the Star Trek Online\Live\Screenshots folder and start with "Costume_" they have a 300x400 size and are .jpg files. I'm very much into STO char cosplay again and want to do a big screenshot with all my chars (19) doing a cosplay and hence I'm seeking a lot of cosplay costume ideas (just don't have the time to do all by myself *>_<*) So far I have my own Lara Croft & a slightly modified version of Angel Beat's D.Va and Tracer... so I really need a lot more and am so thankful for your descriptions!!! I'd also love to see your tweaked and new outfits, too!!! <3 _ <3
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    q4F10XV.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I'll have to try and get a screenshot of the updated Yang and Ghostbuster outfit. Only real change on the Ghostbuster one was trading the chest gear for the Enterprise era MACO backpack. Also I updated Hyuuga with the Mudd jacket. Makes a pretty good lab coat.

You're welcome, and I hope the information helps.
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I'll have to try and get a screenshot of the updated Yang and Ghostbuster outfit. Only real change on the Ghostbuster one was trading the chest gear for the Enterprise era MACO backpack. Also I updated Hyuuga with the Mudd jacket. Makes a pretty good lab coat.

You're welcome, and I hope the information helps.

It helped a lot... thanks so much again!!! Doing a lot of STO cosplay nowadays and here are some of them (the Tracer outfit is a minor modification I did of a cosplay originally done by @angarus1) Widowmaker & Faith are completely mine...

widowmaker_by_kurumi_morishita_dcuvg2v-fullview.jpg

tracer_by_kurumi_morishita_dcuqkpq-fullview.jpg

tracer_ii_by_kurumi_morishita_dcuqltk-fullview.jpg

wish__komm_zu_mir__by_kurumi_morishita_dcuxbtn-fullview.jpg

keepin__the_faith_by_kurumi_morishita_dcuxfw3-fullview.jpg

Higher resolution versions of these + more pics... http://kurumi-morishita.deviantart.com/gallery/

LLAP!!!
    q4F10XV.jpg
  • Options
    That's pretty cool.
    Always nice to see how creative people can be.
  • Options
    And a few more...

Leia - Hoth Outfit
    NWuZATF.jpg

Liara - ME1 Outfit
    TKVMtbY.jpg

Jill Valentine BSAA & Claire Redfield
    MkoOkiJ.jpg

Spider Gwen
    utRaWJ6.jpg

My version of a Starcraft Ghost - inspired by rattler2
    3pe82nf.jpg
    q4F10XV.jpg
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    The Claire Redfield.. the belt looks like a muffintop. :D Maybe a bit less fleshtoned?
  • Options
    The Claire Redfield.. the belt looks like a muffintop. :D Maybe a bit less fleshtoned?

It's not my fault!!! :D ...
    uZEOCes.jpg
    q4F10XV.jpg
  • Options
    And a few more...

Kasumi Goto (Black)
    ts7s236.jpg

Kasumi Goto (Red)
    5BySVwA.jpg

Atris
    gmyAVDr.jpg

Luna Lovegood
    asiEM6D.jpg
    q4F10XV.jpg