2»

Comments

• Options
    jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    > @redvenge said:
    > jr20mb13 wrote: »
    >
    > As the way things have been going with Discovery content, I could see a Klingon focused Lock box coming, I doubt much will hit the Zstore.
    >
    >
    >
    > Klingons are a very small portion of the playerbase. There is no money in "Klingon focused" anything. The focus is going to be on the Federation because that is where the money is. The Klingons did not even get new content added to the lobi store for the last two "factional" lockboxes.
    >
    > The only thing you can be reasonably sure of, if Cryptic does make another T6 Klingon faction carrier, it's going in a lockbox or promo pack. That's just how Cryptic rolls.

Considering that TRIBBLE has established as canon that the Federation exists at the sufferance of the Empire, the devs cannot ignore the KDF anymore whether they like it or not.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    > @redvenge said:
    > jr20mb13 wrote: »
    >
    > As the way things have been going with Discovery content, I could see a Klingon focused Lock box coming, I doubt much will hit the Zstore.
    >
    >
    >
    > Klingons are a very small portion of the playerbase. There is no money in "Klingon focused" anything. The focus is going to be on the Federation because that is where the money is. The Klingons did not even get new content added to the lobi store for the last two "factional" lockboxes.
    >
    > The only thing you can be reasonably sure of, if Cryptic does make another T6 Klingon faction carrier, it's going in a lockbox or promo pack. That's just how Cryptic rolls.

Considering that TRIBBLE has established as canon that the Federation exists at the sufferance of the Empire, the devs cannot ignore the KDF anymore whether they like it or not.

They have pretty much ignored the Empire since STO started, call it what ever you want...bias based...financially based...canon/story based.

What ever the reason it is, Feds get most of the development and that isn't likely to change. There is very little to gain from making a Discovery Klingon faction...a lot more to lose and less to gain than making a Discovery Fed faction.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    When are we getting Discovery Klingon BOFFs??? Totally needed for my pirate captain. :smiley:
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Whenever they give us the customization options.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    sarvour0 wrote: »
    The Dreadnought (Sech?) is the one i like most, out of all DSC Klingon designs.

The Sech is the battlecruiser.
    latest?cb=20171102111224&path-prefix=en

I believe this is the dreadnaught.
    SD0_Qugh.jpg

Sech Battlecruiser then.
    Sech_Detail.jpg
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • Options
    thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    Well here's the thing about Discovery it seems to be a two story viewpoint. When it comes to the Feds and the Klingons. They could do the storyline involving the I.S.S. Discovery. Now here's the thing about the mirror Universe. They are more about Conquest Oppression and especially Genocide for their Emperor around that time frame if what was said on the tv show was true they expanded quite a lot within the alpha and beta quadrants. There would be no bars holding them back into making the most destructive of weaponry, even more powerful weapons on the I.S.S. Discovery then those most likely those found in JU'las Ship. The Age of Discovery Klingon Alternate start maybe could allow them to explore the events when Evil Tilly come into the prime universe. Even if their ship does not survive maybe the crew of the I.S.S Discovery survived and then they become another another threat that needs to be handled. They could very well explore the storyline that led to the events of the I.S.S. Discovery being destroyed. From a Klingon Point of View. Doing the same thing they basically have done with the Age of Discovery Federation Alternate Start. Add in a scaling ship kdf discovery ship in the store then the tier six version in the lobi store like they have done with the fed alternate start. Two or three missions for this faction. Races they could do for it, Are Discovery Klingon, Orion's and Trill. Maybe you go and investigate the events that happened at Paval, the destruction of the Klingon Sarcophagus ship. Maybe even having a storyline where you are tasked with Destroying the U.S.S Discovery. Instead you come across the much more powerful Non Spore Drive Version of the I.S.S Discovery and events trigger a time travel event. Destroying the I.S.S Discovery in the Process. We will see if they will do a Klingon Side. They should do so and according to them they want too/ Exploring the Klingon Side will allow them to tell the story of the I.S.S Discovery. Which they can't really do with the Federation side do to the way they handled it unless they changed it. The Federation Start point involves the events where JU'las Forces attack Starbase One and that is before the Glenn ended up in its horrible horrible fate. That is around the time the time travel event happened on the Federation Side. They could do so later in the war, on the Klingon Empire Faction. Well if they do it or not, we will see. Hopefully they will do so.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    They could very well explore the storyline that led to the events of the I.S.S. Discovery being destroyed.
    The anniversary mission is about the ISS Discovery and how it got destroyed.

I really hope it isn't just another fed sided mission or queue. But more something they could do with a Discovery Klingon Faction. I'm someone who has Starfleet, Romulan Republic and Kdf characters. I really think they shouldn't do it as an anniversary mission as it would be a perfect thing for them to use for a Klingon Alternate start storyline. That is my two cents. I know they have worked to make different missions seeing points of view on different sides. But I'm tired of the the Federation Side aka Chosen One. Always getting the main focus and there should be two sides for the age of discovery storyline. They have the lore to do it and they will continue having more lore to do even more. If they continue a two sided storyline like they did in the first season of discovery by the looks of the Season 2 we will see a two sided storyline again. So I hope Cryptic gets inspired by this to do something for the Klingon side like they have with the two other alternate federation starts and prove at least they can move past their Federation Chosen one storylines and bring the Klingon Empire Faction back to life. Age of Discovery and the Content we will seen in Discovery in the future would do much to enable them to update the Klingon Side.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I really hope it isn't just another fed sided mission or queue.
    Its cross faction, all the Discovery missions will be.

I know it will be cross faction what isn't these days in Sto other then the TOS faction missions and the couple of Jem Hadar Missions and the Discovery Federation which was a retell of the Regular Federation tutorial. But what I meant was I was hoping it would be told in a non federation view point or put into a discovery klingon faction. If it is a blast to the past, maybe telling it from the Klingon Point of View of the battle in a simulation. Maybe taking on the appearance of a discovery Klingon warship. Like you take on a federation discovery starship appearance in binary of the stars. If it was to be an anniversary mission. I do think the two missions that were part of the discovery starfleet faction should have remained for that faction only. Then made the rest cross faction. As they add them to the game. Maybe leaving the Starbase One Queue in for the cross faction till they released all the other missions. But the way they did it basically does not give any uniqueness to the discovery Starfleet faction. As your regular Tos Fed, Regular Fed, Romulan, Kdf and Dominion can do it in the guise of a simulation. But then I can understand why they did it because of how little time they had to do those missions. They still should have made them unique for them alone. As each faction and alternate start should have unique missions for them alone. I do hope they move away from cross faction and add unique missions for each faction even if they only do a couple. For each one, when they get more manpower to do it. Even if we don't see as many missions because of it. I think it would be nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    If it is a blast to the past,
    From what I've heard Cryptic say previously the mission will be set in the current day of STO, not the past, so it somehow time travels to 2410.

Well there is some issues there. The Admiral says directly she saw the wreckage of the I.S.S. Discovery which she mistook as the main discovery. After the main discovery returned from the mirror . It could be plausible if only some of the ship remained as wreckage while the rest got sent to the future. I'm looking forward to the new content I just don't see how they could make the I.S.S Discovery Time Traveling to the 25h century as something they can do well and have it make sense given established canon that it was destroyed after arriving in the prime universe. I know they had to do it for the TOS and Discovery Captains as more then 90 percent of the content not counting the time traveling episodes happen in the Twenty Fifth century. Also where is the source of this information where did Cryptic mention the I.S.S Discovery will be arriving in the 25th century? Found a tweet that Captain Killy will be in the event, but not the I.S.S Discovery itself. Maybe she got captured by JU'las Forces, plausible explanation and escaped. If the swap by chance brought the I.S.S Discovery 9 months into the past from the timeline in the way the U.S.S Discovery was brought forward nine months when it returned. Could be a plausible explanation. For it but the only one I can really see really. Could explain why JU'la knew about The U.S.S Glenn if they had intel from the Mirror Universe about the I.S.S Glenns technology.

Here is that tweet.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Also where is the source of this information? That the I.S.S Discovery will be arriving in the 25th century?
    Cryptic in various interviews they have given.
    given established canon that it was destroyed after arriving in the prime universe.
    Sure, but there is nothing preventing it from arriving in the future, we encounter it, it gets sent back to the past, and then it gets destroyed. we already know the spore network can allow for time travel.

Edited the post above with the tweet I found. Not sure if its official but like I said in the edit its Captain Killy not the I.S.S Discovery itself so we might not see the I.S.S Discovery just A Time Displaced Mirror Tilly. Unless there is more information out there by them talking about the I.S.S Discovery.
    Here is the Thing, in the lore it mentions the Mirror discovery did not have a spore drive. It got displaced by whatever Methods the imposter used to get back to his universe. But here is something that is mentioned on Memory Alpha.
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/ISS_Discovery

In late 2256, the vessel was under the command of Captain Sylvia Tilly, who rose to the position after killing the previous captain. The same year, it was theorized by the crew of the USS Discovery that the vessel had crossed into the prime universe by the same spore drive malfunction that had stranded the USS Discovery in the mirror universe. As a result, Captain Lorca ordered his crew to modify all of the ship's systems and visual outlook to emulate the ISS Discovery. (DIS: "Despite Yourself")

The ISS Discovery, upon arriving in the prime universe, was destroyed by Klingons in the war against the Federation. The wreckage was mistaken for that of the USS Discovery by Starfleet, leading to the latter being declared KIA. It would be nine months before Starfleet learned what the debris actually was. (DIS: "The War Without, The War Within")

TechnologyEdit
    The ISS Discovery had the same outward appearance as the USS Discovery, but lacked a mycelial powered spore drive. (DIS: "Vaulting Ambition")

As Stamats was the only one who could basically use this technology and he and his partner more then likely created it in their universe. The Mirror Stamats did not serve on the I.S.S Discovery it got displaced by its prime counterpart when the spore drive was used by the prime discovery to enter the mirror universe. Not because of a spore drive malfuction on the I.S.S. Discovery because it never had one but because of the actions taken on the prime discovery. It crossed over and was not able to return.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Edited the post above with the tweet I found. Not sure if its official but like I said in the edit its Captain Killy not the I.S.S Discovery itself so we might not see the I.S.S Discovery just A Time Displaced Mirror Tilly.
    The ISS Discovery is clearly visible on the road map they posted
    428ed441c6aa68fdcab482fc582c51c21539905019.jpg

If the I.S.S Discovery was not destroyed a good question is what wreckage did Starfleet find. Is that wreckage found from another Alternate universes Discovery. If it was not the I.S.S. Discovery's wreckage where did the Discovery wreckage come from. The Kelvin timeline maybe? I hope Cryptic does a real good explanation as for why the I.S.S Discovery was not destroyed after all. Since its canonically assumed to be destroyed or canonically was destroyed.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited December 2018
    Guys... here's a wild thought... what if... they add to the Age of Discovery arc, setting the mission IN the 23rd Century? While 25th Century captains can play "simulations" of those missions... what if our Discovery Captains actually encounter the ISS Discovery before being pulled into the future by J'Ula?

If we think about it from that angle... then there's really nothing Cryptic has to do to make it work with what's been established. ISS Discovery will still be confused for USS Discovery in the 23rd Century, with no reason to try and finagle temporal shenanigans into it.

In fact... what if the reason the ISS Discovery was destroyed was because J'Ula attacked her, thinking she was the USS Discovery? Think about it. She attacked the Glenn, which had a working Spore Drive. She sliced into the Glenn's computer. Wouldn't the Glenn have data on her sister ship Discovery?

Cryptic will most likely set this mission BEFORE the siege of Starbase 1, meaning J'Ula may attack ISS Discovery in an attempt to either gain access to a supply of spores or to get more data on Spore Tech. She attacks ISS Discovery, ISS Discovery sends out a distress call in an effort to call for more Imperial ships, ends up getting a Federation ship, and we end up with a 3 way brawl that ends with the destruction of the ISS Discovery. And because of the nature of the situation with J'Ula... a few details get muddied in a report or there wasn't time to file a full report before the next crisis hits. And thus... ISS Discovery, which would have been identified by the player character, gets confused for USS Discovery.

See? It works, AND there is no temporal shenanigans, and it doesn't mess with established canon.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Guys... here's a wild thought... what if... they add to the Age of Discovery arc, setting the mission IN the 23rd Century? While 25th Century captains can play "simulations" of those missions... what if our Discovery Captains actually encounter the ISS Discovery before being pulled into the future by J'Ula?
    According to what Cryptic has said in the past various parts of the AoD arc will be set in 2410, like the MU mission, and the Pahvo event.

Pahvo event would be fine in the 25th century maybe JU'la Goes after it.
    Personally here is how I feel they should have done it. They should have kept the bulk of it into the twenty third century. I understand it would have been very hard to do so with 95 percent of the game in the 25th century. Had they had the manpower to make the missions it would have been nice for them to keep us in the 23rd century. The storyline felt really rushed and we know they were rushed in releasing it. Because of the manpower was going to mention before they just closed the one thread before I could post various parts from what I seen mentioned in it. One of the things I was going to say is I miss the time when they had the manpower. I truely do, maybe after the next cryptic mmo is finished they will be able to pull in some more man power for its other games. Content like Victory is Life, and Age of Discovery was a big undertaking. I am impressed with what they have been able to do with Victory is Life given the skeleton crew making the content for Sto. Maybe hiring freelance devs again so they can finish up the content. I believe they have done this in the past.

I am looking forward with seeing the rest of the age of discovery content. I am not sure about the mirror universe content. Given the lore on the I.S.S Discovery, and the war timeline, since they had the U.S.S Glenn storyline just before the Starbase one quest that brought you and many others in the the twenty fifth century. During that time period I don't see how the I.S.S Discovery fits into the storyline they will have to do it in a way that fits with canon but allows the survival of its crew. Only way I can see it making sense is the I.S.S Discovery came into the main universe nine months in the prime universes past and got destoryed by the klingons only the Federatiion didn't find it till after Main Discovery went missing. We will see how Captain Killy will fit into the new Age of Discovery twenty fifth century storyline.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    given the skeleton crew making the content for Sto.
    The idea they have just a skeleton crew working on STO, when STO is easily their biggest MMO, is nonsense.

Well if a bridge crew alone can run a starship as seen in star trek three the search for spock, surely they are able to do it with Sto. There is many reasons why I think they are running on a skeleton crew. The manpower issue, I think they themselves have mentioned it cryptic isn't a very big company, and several devs are split between different mmos content. They have to have people working on the Neverwinter content and maybe champion online content now but I think champions might not have even a skeleton crew but a couple of devs doing everything. Could be wrong it could have changed have not played Co for a while. but I do play Neverwinter. Basically cryptic is running three major mmos while working on the forth Magic the Gathering online. Over the years there has been layoffs on developers in cryptic, Shorting the number of people able to work on them they took a big hit I think in 2015 especially those working on Neverwinter were layed off. Perfect world I think is managing the rest like Perfect world mmo and Forsaken world. So they are not exactly worked on by cryptic and might have more developers for them but I have no idea on that.

It all depends on what content they want to release with Neverwinter and Sto basically right now. We don't know Cryptics plans for Mod sixteen for Neverwinter but if they are working on that now. Which I'm sure they are, then there might be devs being moved around to where they are needed to get everything done in time. So basically you can't consider them working on Sto alone. Since Neverwinter and Sto are the ones Cryptic might be paying the most attention too. Then they are the two mmos they are mainly focused on. Given we got more content in Neverwinter with Heart of Fire, then we did with Age of Discovery I think they put more effort into that one, After its release they could maybe have moved neverwinter developers to work on the Age of Discovery, we will see how much content is released with age of discovery 2. This is just a guess on my part and they might not have moved any devs around at all. But given the small nature of the company I can see them doing it.
    Cryptic isn't Blizzard Or Elder Scrolls online they don't have as many developers and have to work with what they have. Tacofanes use to work on Champions online till he got moved over to work on Sto. So they will pull developers as needed from other projects and I believe he is the main map designer ship maker on the sto team right now and has been for a while.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    edited December 2018
    A lot of speculation there that basically boils down to: "I really don't know." :smirk:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    then there might be devs being moved around to where they are needed to get everything done in time.
    This isn't how game development works anywhere. Dev's don't just hop between games all the time.

Depends on how many devs Cryptic studios have. They might have more then one hundred. But maybe not many over a hundred. Okay found this website, not sure how updated it is. Says there is an estimation of 259 cryptic employees on it but I'm not really going to link it, as I'm not sure how creditable it is, however I will link this as it tells you how whos working on Sto right now and who has left. https://sto.gamepedia.com/Cryptic_Studios

Currently if this is right they have 31 people working on Sto Right itself not counting the game support role people. Three people have left in 2018 and 4 have left in 2017 . Unless they for sure might have replaced some empolyeees liek the exective producer but I don't think they have replaced the lead executive and associate producer. Anyway you can figure it ouf for yourself. 31 isn't very much really. I could not find the one on how many are working for Neverwinter online. But we can see who are the major ones that run the show for Sto on that web page.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    patrickngo wrote: »
    given the skeleton crew making the content for Sto.
    The idea they have just a skeleton crew working on STO, when STO is easily their biggest MMO, is nonsense.

except that they've mentioned it before in interviews, of course. "lack of resources" forces them to prioritize lots, then there's drawing Tacofangs from Champions to STO, then there was the references made to losing people to Neverwinter, and the team members that were separated to do the port to console...and there's the devs who've been fired (er, "Left under amicable circumstances we swear!")...

Cryptic's a small shop. They're not Blizzard or EA, they can't approach the output of bigger studios that make more money. Their size enables them to hold a niche audience of the sort they have, it doesn't allow for much serious growth or innovation, and god help them if they had to deal with a larger demand, because they don't have the capital or manpower to do it.

Not too terribly long ago, Som, Cryptic was almost bankrupt, as in right on the edge of chapter 11. they didn't have money for coffee for the breakroom (source: interview w/Lead Developer Al "CaptainGeko" Rivera on the PWE buyout and move to F2P from a subscription model in late 2011.)

There was a year of no new content at all because of Cryptic's financial woes. no Fed content either.

While Cryptic isn't likely to EVER tell you how much they're paying CBS for the IP, if CBS thinks it's valuable enough, they'll squeeze every milliphennig out of it they can. Likewise for Perfect World-the buyout was also a Bailout, Cryptic's still probably paying back interest on the recapitalization, there aren't a lot of places or assets that money can come from, so what's the most valuable, yet expendable asset of a company in this business?

answer: Manpower, developers, bodies. There's nowhere else they could cut back and stay cut back to barest minimums and still remain a company while meeting their non-production expenses (like Royalty payments, or loan payments.)

don't fool yourself, they're running with the barest minimum bodies they can afford to run and still claim their games (multiple) aren't in 'maintenance mode', with only funding available from PW for experiments like cross-platform, or the short-lived and un-missed Gateway projects.

the reason for the Mobile-game inspired clikky bits (Admiralty, Doffing, Reps) is because it's cheap and doesn't require a lot of man-hours to do.

Unlike, say, story missions, or bugfixing, or mode development in-the game (like Pvp.)

as I've pointed out before; This, the current state of the game? it really is the best they can do-they don't have enough capital or personnel to do more than they're doing.

It's frankly amazing how much they actually CAN do given their expenses and lack of personnel.

Like I mentioned in the post above yours, from what I counted from this link. There is 31. That isn't very many. So it is a very short number of people currently working on sto You might have explained it better then me however. Anyways, given time they might be able to maybe get more people to work on the projects. I do think they need more then 31, maybe having at least 50 would help out a lot if they ever able to hire that many again, if they are paying interest could explain why their resources are so thin and why they are running on skeleton crews. Once that is payed off maybe we can see growth with Cryptic. To the point where they will hire a lot more to help them work on the various mmos they are running.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Ok, well, again, another thread that derails from its original intent. :unamused:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Ok, well, again, another thread that derails from its original intent. :unamused:
    Well its how conversations go one conversation goes into another. Agree we need to get back onto the thread topic the next lockbox and klingon ships. We don't know when they will do the next lockbox, but from the hints I am thinking they with age of discovery part two its going to be more mirror content. As for the Klingon ships. I am assuming they are working on them. What type of ships will be lockboxed will depend. What I'm thinking is they will be adding in more mirror discovery content within the next lockbox. Or Lobi store. Since they have said they are going to add every discovery ship.
    They will be adding the klingon ships as playable. They could very well be adding in that starship that picked up Harry Mudd. But I really am thinking this one will be a lobi ship;
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/The_Festoon.
    I'm thinking it would be like a casino ship, over the top hotels dining areas, as they did say they based it on a trumpian design so it should be interesting to see what they do with it. It looked like a nice ship. I might even buy one. If they add it to the game. As for weapons since Grimes is a Arms Dealer it could have some interesting manner of weapons onboard also.
    I will more then likely buy the discovery bird of prey if they add it into the game in the same manner as they did the walker class with both tier one and tier 6 versions. I will for sure buy the tier one version. Discovery and Sarcophagus ships were the ones they made the lockbox ones. We will most likely see a lobi version of the tier six bird of prey and a cstore 25th version of a klingon discovery ship in the cstore.
This discussion has been closed.