Install Arc
Options

Age Of Discovery Ship Pack

Comments

• Options
    fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    fewzz wrote: »
    Lets just all pretend Discovery never happened and move along

Denied, I love TRIBBLE and cant wait it to become part of STO. :)

Hehe, well for legal reasons we may never ever see a season 3 because they stole the idea, its gonna be interesting to see.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User

Hehe, well for legal reasons we may never ever see a season 3 because they stole the idea, its gonna be interesting to see.

Oh thanks for info there. :/

You have any material on topic I should look up?
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User

Discovery is what happens when a company wants bait to sell their new internet paysite and didn't really care about anything else.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User

Discovery is what happens when a company wants bait to sell their new internet paysite and didn't really care about anything else.

Yea whatever the motives, worked out great for me. I cant wait to see S2 and for Dicovery stuff to be released in STO. ;)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Stay on topic.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I've had my eye on Shepard class, though I'd be happy with any of those just posted or the Europa. Ultimately for me it's going to be a question of which is the most conducive to the characters I'm running with a DSC theme (unclear ATM, depends on the species available. If just Human/Tellarite/Vulcan/Andorian for ex. I'll probably stick with my FED main [already with Crossfield, RPing a DSC-era background] and go for the TAC'est. :tongue: )
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well it's releasing on October 9th.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »

No word on ship pack yet thou... nor recruitment drive.
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Drac you are very wrong

How many other new shows are on All Access? I've not seen any ads for other than Discovery.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    I think they were testing the waters with Discovery before investing more. AND... we do have the upcoming Picard series.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    wildweasal wrote: »
    Just got a little tired of waiting around ....so ill ask the unwashed masses.....Is their going to be one ??? More importantly when will they offer it to the credit card god for consumption???!!! and what SHIPS would you all like to see in the ships pack and whats the one ship if its in there ....it will have you throwing money at the screen? ?

I will pass on any AoD packs...seems very uninterested IMO from what I see coming up.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    Ignore the naysayers, focus on the shiny new ships. :smiley:

In my opinion, that is the one of the few good things about TRIBBLE: Cool ships. Although, I liked the updated look of the old phaser rifle. Made it look high-speed, low-drag modern, while keeping some of the design elements of the old Type 3 from TOS. Too bad that it's not all that great in game compared to other phaser weapons available to players. I ended up passing it off on one of the character in question's bridge officers, and using the Voyager Compression Phaser (Delta ground set) as that character's long gun.

• Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    I can't see myself buying a big ship pack - they're not all that interesting to me. I might pick up the starter pack if it's decent.
  • Options
    jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    > @fewzz said:
    > peterconnorfirst wrote: »
    >
    > fewzz wrote: »
    >
    > Lets just all pretend Discovery never happened and move along
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Denied, I love TRIBBLE and cant wait it to become part of STO. :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hehe, well for legal reasons we may never ever see a season 3 because they stole the idea, its gonna be interesting to see.

I loathe TRIBBLE, but if that lawsuit actually goes somewhere, I'd be deeply surprised.
  • Options
    Like the Shenzhou.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »

What a surprise! It's almost like there's a pattern to these things. :D
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    Can we NOT fall for the obvious troll here. Please?

Which of these would be your Discovery player captain's vessel? I am torn between the Shepard class:

1000?cb=20171106170612&path-prefix=en

and the Eagle class:

latest?cb=20170925211827&path-prefix=en

But the Buran (Cardenas class) is also a nice vessel:

1000?cb=20180130002721&path-prefix=en

I would love to have all 3 of those honestly. Shepard is probably my favorite of those, but even then it's pretty close.

I really like the design of the Discovery Ships, unless the stats are just terrible, I plan to spend some money for the first time in quite a while.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    I suspect the stats, consoles and traits for all of these ships will be really powerful to try and draw more sales despite possibly being one of the less popular series.
    Will be interesting to see.
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @dracounguis said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > Drac you are very wrong
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > How many other new shows are on All Access? I've not seen any ads for other than Discovery.

Instinct, The Good Fight (which started before Discovery and is doing quite well, I dont watch it but its doing well) any and all new shows on the CBS network such as the new Magnum PI, FBI, and several others that launched this week.

I guess I should have been more specific... that are only on All Access.
  • Options
    The Good Fight is only on CBS All Access
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.