test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Told you so!, Excelsior Revamp

gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 2,037 Arc User
Well, not long ago, i said the excelsior would be revamped.. guess what? :smiley:
The forces of darkness are upon us!
«134

Comments

  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,282 Arc User
    Good news but pointless since it still has a trash boff layout.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 2,037 Arc User
    > @salazarraze said:
    > Good news but pointless since it still has a trash boff layout.

    I know, but at least will be a good looking trash.. :wink:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 48,908 Arc User
    I wouldn't say pointless. While I agree the BOff layout is rather unforgiving, it was the only canon ship I can remember that got a T6 WITHOUT even a texture revamp. Every other canon ship with a T6 upgrade got a model revamp.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • coldnapalmcoldnapalm Member Posts: 7,637 Arc User
    Yeah? Like does anyone even fly this ship?!? Because I never see these fugly things ever.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Yeah? Like does anyone even fly this ship?!? Because I never see these fugly things ever.

    Yep, we do.
    And many of us LIKE it, Coldy.

    Wonder how happy Arten is gonna be? :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • carter60carter60 Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    im happy for those who use the exelsior and its refit ,, but i do wanna ask, does this mean the odyssey classes can also use the type 6 windows , i mean probs not but one can hope right?
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 2,446 Arc User
    The T5 version never got a universal console for some reason. I only ever bought the T3 and T6 versions.
    We did not come here to tell people what and what not to believe in, everyone awakens at their own pace and way.

    Love is what truly matters.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,273 Bug Hunter
    It's like the end of the world. The most hideous starship in science fiction will now be even worse because it can't hide behind launch era horrendous modelling any more.

    Should have fixed the Centaur instead.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

    #TASforSTO


    '...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,655 Arc User
    Nice, even though the boff layout is a bit well naff, the new skins make up for that.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,273 Bug Hunter
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Yeah? Like does anyone even fly this ship?!? Because I never see these fugly things ever.

    Hopefully it means people ingame have more taste than the people here.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say pointless. While I agree the BOff layout is rather unforgiving, it was the only canon ship I can remember that got a T6 WITHOUT even a texture revamp. Every other canon ship with a T6 upgrade got a model revamp.

    Any single Klingon T6. The Negh'Var got some extra options to bolt onto the same texture work its had since launch. The D7 got a TOS skin but only for the promo ship. It was specifically locked out of the other versions of the D7 so doesn't count as a model revamp. The B'rel (arguably the Klingon ship) wasn't touched in the slightest.
    Wonder how happy Arten is gonna be? :)

    I dunno, but if he's happy about this he 'aint no friend on mine.

    Artan on the other hand is feeling decidedly ill.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

    #TASforSTO


    '...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 8,051 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    gaevsman wrote: »
    I know, but at least will be a good looking trash.. :wink:

    If they just change the Ensign Engineering to a Universal, I'll buy it. The physical revamp alone won't be enough though.
    artan42 wrote: »
    Hopefully it means people ingame have more taste than the people here. ​​

    Yeah, we get it.. you hate the Excelsior.. blah blah blah.. enough already. Some people like it, you don't.. we get it.. you have made your point. Go fly your fugly pancake Universe and let the rest of us fly what we like.
    animated.gif

    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    For tips, builds, guides and advice, be sure to visit The DPS League Site for all your needs.
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Great news. The most beautiful ship in the game will look even better.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,273 Bug Hunter
    Yeah, we get it.. you hate the Excelsior.. blah blah blah.. enough already. Some people like it, you don't.. we get it.. you have made your point. Go fly your fugly pancake Universe and let the rest of us fly what we like.

    I don't hate it. I despise it.

    And I don't fly the Universe. I can't afford that. I fly the Sovereign the most elegant and sweepingly majestic starship available (though somewhat gimped by not having the far superior Nemesis model ingame).​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

    #TASforSTO


    '...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 8,051 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    I fly the Sovereign the most elegant and sweepingly majestic starship available

    Wow..we do agree on something! :smile:

    The Sovereign is an amazing design.
    animated.gif

    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    For tips, builds, guides and advice, be sure to visit The DPS League Site for all your needs.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,655 Arc User
    The Sovereign is beautiful, I would not mind it in the First Contact skin
  • lordbeefy7lordbeefy7 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    I like the excelsior....its a very canon ship and in the star trekverse we see it develop from tos films right thru to ds9 in its refit. I regularly fly mine.
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 12,802 Arc User
    Meh. Still no quality pass for the Nova.
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 2,446 Arc User
    I notice that the Enterprise E in the movies has cloudy animation effect on the red parts of the nacelles, they should try to add this effect to the current Sovereign skin. The Borg ship in the red alert has a similar kind of graphical effect but green.
    We did not come here to tell people what and what not to believe in, everyone awakens at their own pace and way.

    Love is what truly matters.
  • colonelmarikcolonelmarik Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    I can't say I'm a fan of the Sovereign. It's a bit flat for my taste, I like my Federation ships with a bit of a neck... and a rounder saucer. That's why I really like the Excelsior, it still LOOKS like a Federation ship from the classic days.
    Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

    This game needs detailed crafting, exploration and interaction systems.
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 12,802 Arc User
    Well, great news for the fans of the Excelsior. Must be a nice feeling when your favourite ship gets a quality pass.
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

  • coldnapalmcoldnapalm Member Posts: 7,637 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Yeah? Like does anyone even fly this ship?!? Because I never see these fugly things ever.

    Hopefully it means people ingame have more taste than the people here.

    Or they care more about power than they let on here. Either way, don't see these in queues, in sector space or hell even hanging around ESD. So really who's gonna use all this dev time?!? They could have used that time to make a T6 vorcha and nova...but no, we get this thing that obviously nobody actually wants.
    Any single Klingon T6. The Negh'Var got some extra options to bolt onto the same texture work its had since launch. The D7 got a TOS skin but only for the promo ship. It was specifically locked out of the other versions of the D7 so doesn't count as a model revamp. The B'rel (arguably the Klingon ship) wasn't touched in the slightest.
    ​​

    Romulan ships also says hi.
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 12,802 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    artan42 wrote: »
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Yeah? Like does anyone even fly this ship?!? Because I never see these fugly things ever.

    Hopefully it means people ingame have more taste than the people here.

    Or they care more about power than they let on here. Either way, don't see these in queues, in sector space or hell even hanging around ESD. So really who's gonna use all this dev time?!? They could have used that time to make a T6 vorcha and nova...but no, we get this thing that obviously nobody actually wants.
    Any single Klingon T6. The Negh'Var got some extra options to bolt onto the same texture work its had since launch. The D7 got a TOS skin but only for the promo ship. It was specifically locked out of the other versions of the D7 so doesn't count as a model revamp. The B'rel (arguably the Klingon ship) wasn't touched in the slightest.
    ​​

    Romulan ships also says hi.

    We'll probably be told that a Dev "did the work in their own time".

    Which further reinforces my belief that they hate the Nova class.

    Whatever - have been playing the game rather a lot less than I used to anyway, and this sort of rubbish is doing nothing to convince me to resume my previous level of activity.
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 2,446 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Well I like both the Sovereign and the Excelsior, but my main favorite ship is the Prometheus, second being the Vesta ships.
    We did not come here to tell people what and what not to believe in, everyone awakens at their own pace and way.

    Love is what truly matters.
  • coldnapalmcoldnapalm Member Posts: 7,637 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Well, great news for the fans of the Excelsior. Must be a nice feeling when your favourite ship gets a quality pass.

    I wouldn't know as a romulan fan. And the KDF fans over here with me are shaking hands with me.

  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,420 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Or they care more about power than they let on here. Either way, don't see these in queues, in sector space or hell even hanging around ESD. So really who's gonna use all this dev time?!? They could have used that time to make a T6 vorcha and nova...but no, we get this thing that obviously nobody actually wants.
    I've seen threads for an Excelsior update before so someone wants this. I remember seeing one after the TMP Connie refit was updated and the Miranda update was released. Heck, this might even cause 4 or 5 Resolutes to be sold (only during a sale, of course).
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 8,051 Arc User
    It just sucks that it's nothing more then a cosmetic update.

    I appreciate the work, I really do.. but I need a mix of Aesthetics and performance. I personally like the Excelsior and I am sure the new model will look great as always, but in order to get me to buy a resolute, they would need to at least make that Ensign slot a universal. I would deal with the sub par console/trait.. that's fine, but the Resolute BoFF layout is too restrictive and no cosmetic update will fix that.

    Honestly, even if they made that change, it would still be inferior to the Archon but it would help quite a bit. I like the Excelsior, but I am afraid a cosmetic update alone just isn't enough for me.
    animated.gif

    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    For tips, builds, guides and advice, be sure to visit The DPS League Site for all your needs.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,057 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say pointless. While I agree the BOff layout is rather unforgiving, it was the only canon ship I can remember that got a T6 WITHOUT even a texture revamp. Every other canon ship with a T6 upgrade got a model revamp.

    I still really like the extra parts the Negh'Var got when she received the Tier 6 treatment.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 2,446 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    We practically have all TMP ships except for the Oberth in T6 form, come on devs it's time to give the final TMP ship a T6 update. TNG had a bigger version of the Oberth as well as a special cloaking ability which one of them used which was also compatible with the Galaxy class. The Oberth which used the special cloak was named Pegasus, so a T6 Oberth could be called the Pegasus class.
    We did not come here to tell people what and what not to believe in, everyone awakens at their own pace and way.

    Love is what truly matters.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Well, not long ago, i said the excelsior would be revamped.. guess what? :smiley:

    Quick! While we're getting a revemp on it, Let's remind CaptainGekko of what happened when they initially put it in game, back in 2013. Someone pop it like a zit in PvP with a weaker KDF ship.

    I could stand to laugh for another 3 days again over the people talking about it, and making fun of it again.

    Ar least this time, he can't rant and rave about it. It's already been proven to be a fairly bad ship. Plus, he can't ignore PvP because of it. IT's still ignored from when this happened. So, can't hurt that front any more.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 12,802 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    It's like the end of the world. The most hideous starship in science fiction will now be even worse because it can't hide behind launch era horrendous modelling any more.

    Should have fixed the Centaur instead.

    Actually tend to agree, particularly since the Centaur is mostly comprised of parts off two ships that have received quality passes.
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

Sign In or Register to comment.