What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

**Toward a Better Bajor: Proposed Solution for the Planet's Problems**

Comments

• Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    nabreeki wrote: »
    Progress comes with a cost, my dude. Selflessness for future prosperity is what makes Cardassians a noble species. It's a shame the Bajorans are so short-sighted.

The Cardassians had one of the worst civil rights records of all time. That's why the Bajorans fought back, you cannot justify the mass enslavement of an entire people by quoting progress. The Cardassian were the criminals
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      erocenerocen Member Posts: 26 Arc User
      One addition to the rubble strewn map would have to be disco balls, lots of them. Bajor is a hub for disco. This should be reflected in this new map. It's the one of many things they adopted from the noble Cardassians. There are fleets that have demonstrated this shared love of disco to try and bring peace between the two races. A commendable effort that should not be ignored.
    • Options
      No such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      • Options
        thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
        Progress comes with a cost, my dude. Selflessness for future prosperity is what makes Cardassians a noble species. It's a shame the Bajorans are so short-sighted.

The Cardassians had one of the worst civil rights records of all time. That's why the Bajorans fought back, you cannot justify the mass enslavement of an entire people by quoting progress. The Cardassian were the criminals

If you try to save someone from a burning building, and he shoots you or does ISIS type terrorist attacks as retribution for helping him, he is the criminal, not you.

STO acknowledges this openly by having a mission where you act as a firefighter on Bajor and are attacked by Bajorans because of your race.

They attack Bajoran characters too. I'd compare them to these left wing nuts attacking people in America because you don't share their views or opinions.
        2gdi5w4mrudm.png
        Typhoon Class please!
      • Options
        saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
        edited April 2017

Don't bother too much with the Dentals, they use everything, including real-life past history revisionism and genocide justification to "prove" their provocative, fascistic and trollish points, hoping you'll go too far from exasperation and get a mod warning instead of them.
        #TASforSTO
        Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
      • Options

Don't bother too much with the Dentals, they use everything, including real-life past history revisionism and genocide justification to "prove" their provocative, fascistic and trollish points, hoping you'll go too far from exasperation and get a mod warning instead of them.

Thanks for the heads up
        NMXb2ph.png
        • Options
          nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
          Disco balls are know to attract ERPers, so they might indeed be the one thing Druk hates more than Bajorans- except when he doesn't, like "at a funeral" for example.
        • Options
          stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
          Um, um, um, um, um, huh? O_O
          StarTrekIronMan.jpg
        • Options
          binkleyboy#3920 binkleyboy Member Posts: 31 Arc User
          edited April 2017
          Moderated out due to breaking forum rules: Harassing Material.
          Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
        • Options
          markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
          thay8472 wrote: »
          If you try to save someone from a burning building, and he shoots you or does ISIS type terrorist attacks as retribution for helping him, he is the criminal, not you.

STO acknowledges this openly by having a mission where you act as a firefighter on Bajor and are attacked by Bajorans because of your race.
          They attack Bajoran characters too. I'd compare them to these left wing nuts attacking people in America because you don't share their views or opinions.
          Or we could just blame those annoying telepathic Undine. Obviously the Undine must have been telepathically influencing people otherwise EVERYONE would know who the infiltrators are. Seriously... worst infiltrators ever...

"Why, yes, I drink Jumja."
          "If a pig wants to fly I say we let it."
          "I went on vacation in the Fire Caves last year."
          "The library is closed."

Some of those are probably not exact quotes. Seriously though, do these Undine even know how to SPELL Bajoran?
          -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
          My character Tsin'xing
          Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
        • Options
          edited April 2017
          Moderated out response to moderated post.
          #TASforSTO
        • Options
          galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
          This thread is like a horrible car crash. I shouldn't keep looking at the carnage, but I can't help myself.
          sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
        • Options
          Seriously, think about this.

You have to climb over a mountain of corpses to get to max level.

Cryptic has written intentionally this game in a way where you never give your enemy a chance to surrender.

You shoot them and shoot them and shoot them until their ship is a smoking fiery heap, with the people inside burning alive, and then... you don't give any of them a chance to surrender.

You don't beam any of them into your brig once their shield falls. You execute them.

Every.

Single.

Time.

No surrender. Only death. In every mission. Over and Over.

Cryptic has written your character to basically be a war criminal that takes no prisoners.

Every max level character in this game is pretty much a monster.

So if anyone has any fake moral issues they want to take with the OP's creative idea, try looking in the mirror first.

Because if you have a max level character in this game, you have no morals. (from an in game perspective)

But the reality is, this is a fictional game.

If any of this stuff bothers you, just don't play it.

All I'm saying is, if you do choose to play it and you do choose to be a monster(in game), don't come to the forums and get on some moral high horse.
        • Options
          My head hurts with this thread
          NMXb2ph.png
          • Options
            You shoot them and shoot them and shoot them until their ship is a smoking fiery heap, with the people inside burning alive, and then... you don't give any of them a chance to surrender.

You don't beam any of them into your brig once their shield falls. You execute them.

Every.

Single.

Time.

Cryptic has written your character to basically be a war criminal that takes no prisoners.
            Wait... You don't?

I thought most people were playing this by only firing when engaged first, stopped firing at about 25% to offer to beam up the wounded enemy crew and depending on the enemy's reaction would either destroy the flaming abandoned ship so it doesn't become a space hazard that could eventually deviate in a busy space road or crash on an inhabited planet, or at least making sure the defiant enemy crew get the quick and honorable death they asked for, to respect their traditions.

Next you're gonna tell me you don't use the stun setting or rubber bullets unless in extreme situations...
            #TASforSTO
          • Options

Every.

Single.

Time.

Wait... You don't?

I thought most people were playing this by only firing when engaged first, stopped firing at about 25% to offer to beam up the wounded enemy crew and depending on the enemy's reaction would either destroy the flaming abandoned ship so it doesn't become a space hazard that could eventually deviate in a busy space road or crash on an inhabited planet, or at least making sure the defiant enemy crew get the quick and honorable death they asked for, to respect their traditions.

Next you're gonna tell me you don't use the stun setting or rubber bullets unless in extreme situations...

See, we're talking about two different things.

You are talking about some nonsense RP you have in your head when you play the game.

I'm talking about the way the game is actually written, by the people who actually make it.

Maybe if they inserted some dialog about any of the things you just said, that would be different.

But the way the game is actually written is that you are a war criminal who takes no prisoners and executes all of your enemies even when they no longer pose a threat to you.

And if you want to come up with some RP nonsense that you think when you play the game, that's cool.

Just don't get deluded into thinking your RP nonsense is the real story of the game.
          • Options
            risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
            I agree. There's already so much violence in the game.

Reducing Cardassia and Ferenginar to ashes shouldn't be too much of a problem. And it's well deserved too and completely in line with Cardassian ideology in at least one of these cases, following the quote from the great Dukat.

So, when does the infighting begin? Once you've gotten rid of the Ferengi within your ranks, we can move on to Bajor.
          • Options
            edited April 2017

Every.

Single.

Time.

Wait... You don't?

Response to moderated comment removed.
            Do you wait to attack every single "enemy" NPC until you are fired upon first? Or do you rush through the maps -- especially STFS -- guns blazing?
            Honestly? The first time, yes, that's what I did.
            Then, in later runs, considering it's game-canon the re-runs are actually mission simulations on the Holodeck, I can relieve some duty pressure and stress by playing it like a video game, using different conditions (like different ship, different gear, different crew, etc.), while being free to destroy fictional AIs at will for fun.
            #TASforSTO
          • Options
            Then, in later runs, considering it's game-canon the re-runs are actually mission simulations on the Holodeck , I can relieve some duty pressure and stress by playing it like a video game, using different conditions (like different ship, different gear, different crew, etc.), while being free to destroy fictional AIs at will for fun.

It's not game canon, it's your head canon.
            Then, what is this?
            20170422002109_1.jpg?raw=1

#TASforSTO
          • Options
            Even if you allowed enemies to attack you first on your first play of missions, that doesn't change the fact that you killed every single one of them and took no prisoners.

I know you said you RP that nonsense stuff you wrote earlier, but that's just in your head. The way the game is written/made, you execute everyone you fight, even on your first mission play through.
          • Options
            You consider Subspace Party Amplifiers to be Memorial Spheres/Balls, I consider I'm merely blowing up ships without their crew inside.
            To each their own interpretations.
            #TASforSTO