test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Keep a close eye on your mail for messages from PWE (gifted ship and spec points)

Comments

• Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    No worries...these are the noob version. More to come for vets like they did with Ferengui gold ship.
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    tearsfall69tearsfall69 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I received this email and thought its was awesome. Until I realized it was PC only and not ps4.
  • Options
    keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    I received this email and thought its was awesome. Until I realized it was PC only and not ps4.

You a PS4 player only? if so would confirm this is random.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

@tearsfall69 please clarify, are you saying you are a console only player and also received an email, even though the code is PC only?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    tearsfall69tearsfall69 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    kelador wrote: »

No, I used to play on pc. Spent many many many $'s back then. Haven't logged into PC sto since before ps4 version came out.

• Options
    keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    kelador wrote: »

No, I used to play on pc. Spent many many many $'s back then. Haven't logged into PC sto since before ps4 version came out.

Ahh same as me then.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Thanks for the heads up, OP! Claimed mine. Just two complaints:
    1. Why do such codes always seem to include easily confusable characters like l and I or 0 and O? That wasn't fun.
    2. Dammit, now I have the Intel AND Command versions of the ship. That's 2/3 of the set that gives me battle cloak, why must you tempt me so?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    bergins wrote: »
    1. Why do such codes always seem to include easily confusable characters like l and I or 0 and O? That wasn't fun.
    2. Dammit, now I have the Intel AND Command versions of the ship. That's 2/3 of the set that gives me battle cloak, why must you tempt me so?

Ctrl+C Ctrl+V.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options

Copy / Paste?
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • Options
    lewtenendlewtenend Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I would love one...but as with the Nagus Marauder...
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User

because they expect you to be skilled enough in the use of a computer to be able to use 2 key combinations...that being ctrl +c and ctrl + v

you know...the two key combinations that even computer NOVICES know how to use?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    for once im hoping i dont get one as it would TRIBBLE me off spending zen to buy it when it came out.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options

because they expect you to be skilled enough in the use of a computer to be able to use 2 key combinations...that being ctrl +c and ctrl + v

you know...the two key combinations that even computer NOVICES know how to use?​​

Or just highlight + right click :)
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    So I checked my mail and discovered:

And unlike others, it doesn't seem to have been sent due to inactivity since I've been playing almost everyday since Legacy of Romulus.
    So, make sure to check in your normal and spam boxes not to miss it. The ship is nice, but 10 spec points (it's only once per account and all 10 for one character, so choose wisely) is the little raspberry on the cake.

I hope this mail reward will go smoother than the last one.

EDIT: Also, it's not mentioned in its description, but it does come with the same Wide Angle Quantum Torpedo Launcher like the T5 version and every character on the account can claim it.

Yeah, little upset here. Been grinding for weeks now on my alt, for spec points, and they give you frakkin' 10 spec points for free?!

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you, but this playing favorites p*sses me off to no end.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    random selection doesn't 'play favorites'

and it IS random - anyone who says otherwise is an idiot​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    dalolorn wrote: »
    **dashes off to his email only to find nothing**
    damn :/
    ... I logged in when it was released just to buy it and log out (haven't really played since finishing AOY in August), and now I get one for free ... well, the 10 spec points are nice at least ...

I could give that code a good home :)

Sorry, already claimed it for the spec points

It's bound to account anyway. (My brother, who plays around with our sister's account in her absence, initially tried to redeem it on his main account before redeeming it on hers.)

All of these codes are bound like that.

good to know
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Hold on about the mailings. Yesterday, I was installing Neverwinter on my new laptop and to sign in I needed to put in the Arc Defender code. I waited, hit resend, tried again, waited again, resend, etc. Never got the emails so on my other laptop already 'cleared' I shut off Arc Defender. I was able to get in.

Today, 24 hours later I ended up, over the course of 20 or so minutes, with TEN emails giving me the codes. At least they didn't go right to the spam folder.

So if you haven't gotten this email yet, don't give up hope. It still may. I haven't gotten one yet.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    checked my email, nothing
    i've missed every single ship give away through emails so far, i simply don't get it, and i've spent more on zen than I care to divulge and have been playing since the romulus expansion and been playing consistently for a while now
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Trouble is they never ever reveal how exactly they pick the chosen few to receive these gifts. So it's no wonder the conspiracies start popping up here and there.
    I know they've said about privacy being one reason with the Nagus (which frankly was nonsense because you could see the ships easily enough to know who got one, removing any privacy). And i guess they also don't want to give away their secrets or some people might try to exploit their generosity.

Personally I don't care either way. I would not use the ship so no loss for me. But I can sympathize with some of the people who don't know why they did not get the magic email and are left wondering why their loyalty is ignored.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    eighrichteeighrichte Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Anyone else redeem a code, get told to check mail in-game, and get nothing? I can't seem to check redeemed codes, either.

Never mind, it's in my promotions tab. Duh.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Trouble is they never ever reveal how exactly they pick the chosen few to receive these gifts. So it's no wonder the conspiracies start popping up here and there.
    I know they've said about privacy being one reason with the Nagus (which frankly was nonsense because you could see the ships easily enough to know who got one, removing any privacy). And i guess they also don't want to give away their secrets or some people might try to exploit their generosity.

Personally I don't care either way. I would not use the ship so no loss for me. But I can sympathize with some of the people who don't know why they did not get the magic email and are left wondering why their loyalty is ignored.

If they'd disclosed the spending thresholds it would have been disclosing private info about the people who got them.

if they said how much, saying it's cause they spent an unnamed amount however does not.

I'm not but so worry about it, but it get annoying when it seems like everyone but you get the nice thing.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    So I checked my mail and discovered:

Yeay!

*rushes to the e-mails*

Awwww, just spam :(

Gratulations for all who got one :)
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User

If they'd disclosed the spending thresholds it would have been disclosing private info about the people who got them.

Yeah well that would make sense if it wasn't for the fact that the instant they released them the forums and Reddit were full of people openly admitting how much they HAD spent and still not received one.
    So working out a rough idea of how much money was needed was not exactly rocket science, since it had to have been about the people stating figures in the 100's of £/$ per month.
    Everyone knew that if you got one it was because you were a mega-whale, and you had the gold ship to show it off in game, hardly an example of keeping things private.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    i dont spend much but i got 1, 1st time in 4 years of playing, sad thing is i dont play fed lol.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,397 Arc User

How so?
    On the contrary, if they gave the requirements, discussions about how to get it would be limited, stopping the flow of private info.

Compare:
    "PWE: ...
    Player 1: maybe it's because X.
    Player 2: No, I have X and I didn't get it. Maybe it's Z.
    Player 1: Could be.
    Player 3: No, it's not. I have X and Z and even Y and didn't get it.
    Player 4: Ah, but I do have Y. Maybe it's Z, Y and something else.
    Player 5: How about W?"

AND

"PWE: It's delivered to those who have V.
    Player 1: Cool.
    Player 2: Darn."

In the end, more private info was revealed in the first case.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1