What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dilithium Exchange Why going up so High

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    In fairness, the topic is the same: trends in the dil exchange pricing. It's a shame that the forum doesn't want to review its own history on the matter.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Why would Cryptic want it to go down?
    starmanj wrote: »
    345 now you all are sure trying to get this up to 390 as it was 6 years ago why so high now again?
    Really? An upcoming $129 box was announced and you're wondering why people are increasing their rate in trading for zen?
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    Oh gawd the zombies are multiplying! @pwlaughingtrendy Help us!
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
    tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    345 now you all are sure trying to get this up to 390 as it was 6 years ago why so high now again?

There is a big expansion coming, with a large amount of new ships and packs for people to buy, they want to use their dil to buy them and not actual money, that's why.

• Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    New expansion you can bet theres a new lockbox to go with it. I guessing either a tos theme or a temprol theme due to the time travel aspect
  • Options
    thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    kekvin wrote: »
    New expansion you can bet theres a new lockbox to go with it. I guessing either a tos theme or a temprol theme due to the time travel aspect

I hope the temprol lockbox has a T6 Gron drednagt in it.

DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • Options
    puckerbrushpuckerbrush Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Economy working as normal. No issue here.
    M6SiKbG.gif
    Please spay and neuter your Caitians
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    Sierra November Alpha Foxtrot Uniform

Enough said.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Noooo i want a yomatto class in a tos box
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,526 Arc User

It will, but it will be Space Battleship Yamato! - https://youtu.be/R9L9vWmvvX0

The Wave Motion Cannon console might be a little overpowered though.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Like has been said quite a few times in this thread alone.

You don't like the dil exchange prices, don't use the dil exchange. At the current prices I'm sure not going to.

The economy of the dil exchange is set by the people who are willing to sell their dil at the price that is there. They then should not be complaining that the price should come down. The only way to make the price come down is for enough people to stop using it until the prices do come down.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User

I don't know:

1 min stationary charge up time.
    Need to wear "welding goggles" or some other equivalent level of eye protection.
    Beam is "relatively" narrow. Great to carve up a Gateway, say, but maybe not an entire generator/transformer cluster.
    You're then "stuck" at "auxiliary thruster speed" for a while as the engine recharges...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    k20vteck20vtec Member Posts: 535 Arc User

It's ok, lets just put a penalty accuracy and make smallcrafts/projectile harder to target for yamato.
    Hast thou not gone against sincerity
    Hast thou not felt ashamed of thy words and deeds
    Hast thou not lacked vigor
    Hast thou exerted all possible efforts
    Hast thou not become slothful
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    szerontzur wrote: »
    I.. don't think the issue is particularly the quantity of dilithium sinks(we have plenty), but rather the quality/value of them.

Reputation Stores(not projects) are probably a good example of something that needs to be re-evaluated. How many people actually think those items are worth the sticker price? What kind of dilithium price would make you consider buying things from them?

I seriously don't see the average player burning most of a week's worth of dilithium on a single rep store item. However, having stores that bleed a few thousand dilithium from players each day.. could be a huge improvement to the overall economy.

My thoughts too. People will spend a bit here and there alot easier than one big cost. I recently was looking at the Delta Rising rep sets and the prices are soo high I first go look online and ask in chat if its 'worth it'. Conclusion was no. So there's so many thousands of Dil not spent because it's not worth it. If the prices were lower I'd have just bought them and then found out they sucked! :D
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    I cannot wait until it hits 500 to 1.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Why would Cryptic want it to go down?
    Really? An upcoming $129 box was announced and you're wondering why people are increasing their rate in trading for zen?

Simple. When the prices go up, people have to sell less zen to get the dil they need. When people have to sell less zen it means they are buying less zen for real money.

If the prices went down people would have to buy more zen to trade for the dil they need, and Cryptic/PWE make more money.

Basically:

If you need 1,000 zen and the price is 500:1, you would only need to buy 2 zen for real money to trade for dil.

If you need 1,000 zen and the price is 100:1, you would need to buy 10 zen for real money to trade for dil (10 times more real money spent).

So, the lower the price is, the more real money people have to pay for zen to get the dil they need.

There is a silver lining though. When the dil exchange goes up, people save money. And with that saved money you can buy a pack of beer, which in turn makes the game more playable. :blush:

P.S. Stop calling @jodarkrider every time a thread gets necroed or someone goes on a crazy rant. I'm sure @jodarkrider has other important matters to attend to. Just flag a post and @jodarkrider or another mod will take care of it.
  • Options
    mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    szerontzur wrote: »
    I.. don't think the issue is particularly the quantity of dilithium sinks(we have plenty), but rather the quality/value of them.

Reputation Stores(not projects) are probably a good example of something that needs to be re-evaluated. How many people actually think those items are worth the sticker price? What kind of dilithium price would make you consider buying things from them?

I seriously don't see the average player burning most of a week's worth of dilithium on a single rep store item. However, having stores that bleed a few thousand dilithium from players each day.. could be a huge improvement to the overall economy.

My thoughts too. People will spend a bit here and there alot easier than one big cost. I recently was looking at the Delta Rising rep sets and the prices are soo high I first go look online and ask in chat if its 'worth it'. Conclusion was no. So there's so many thousands of Dil not spent because it's not worth it. If the prices were lower I'd have just bought them and then found out they sucked! :D

lol, asked in chat and followed the advice? I'm laughing so hard I can't type any examples of how stupid that sounds.... (Like chat I'm lying and will continue..)
    cidjack wrote: »
    I cannot wait until it hits 500 to 1.

I don't think you know what you are asking for or what it means for the STO economy. Seriously, I asked in chat and the conclusion was it would be bad, 50 to 1 was what they said. So I'm thinking maybe it should be lower because general chat said it should. They also said "Gorn with the wind" was a good movie, and whatever deity you prefer has relations with your mother, so I'm also confused and scared.
    gHF1ABR.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,051 Community Moderator
    maina wrote: »
    I don't think you know what you are asking for or what it means for the STO economy.

Actually... I'm pretty sure he does maina. He wants to price F2P people out of the C-Store so he can feel special with his hoard of shiny purple rocks from some people paying a full day's worth of DL for... what? 12 Zen?

And I agree that the economy needs to stabilize. Gets too high, it won't be worth it for the Zen sellers because no one would want to buy.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    50 to 1 would be comedy. There aren't enough flashy/cool dil sinks in the game to drive it down that low, and there's lots and lots of new zeni goods to buy. Right now real money/zeni are king and the exchange reflects that.

I was just suggesting in another thread you could allow your alts to buy ship skills your other captains have unlocked for 200k-250k dil -- THAT would give you a way to spend out around a month's worth of dil refining PERr captain, PER skill. Only something really desirable like that is gonna pull the exchange rate back down.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    P.S. Stop calling @jodarkrider every time a thread gets necroed or someone goes on a crazy rant. I'm sure @jodarkrider has other important matters to attend to. Just flag a post and @jodarkrider or another mod will take care of it.

Flagged instead. if the OP wishes to start a new thread about it, then he or she should, its been from feb to may between replies, thats well over the 30 day mark.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    I've suggested applying/extending the 'old thread' rule from 30 days to 90 days; as it seems more reasonable. I'm sure you all will hear about it if passed.

This one is a necromancy at work again though; even if the new rule is applied. Kicks. Closes.
    /Closed

PS: I get a notification even when people quote the @ mention post. Just thought I'd mention it, heh.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

This discussion has been closed.