What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance [June 25th, 2015]

Comments

• Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    jivedutch wrote: »
    I truly hope this fix will make the Undine Space battlezone playable again for me (the voth attack laggs so hard even the time-counter stops updating)

Yeah, this is the only place I have lag. In the early days of the BZ it was a flipbook. Now only once in a while for planet killers and the voth battle. I will be surprised if it fixes that lag and happy.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Six hour maintenance.... I guess I get to give the latest Batman game a try in the meantime. :wink:
  • Options
    reggielovereggielove Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I'm proud of you guys! I left the game about 6 months ago and when I come back, the sector maps look AMAZING and the game mechanics have been revamped into something really nifty! It was like learning a new game and I'm still in that process, but I love it! Thanks for giving STO new life.
  • Options
    suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    We will be doing the second phase of our network upgrades to our Boston Servers. This upgrade has a significant downtime, but is part of a process that will be addressing the network issues that people have been facing.

I know. It's hard to read. This is why it's supposed to take 6 hours.
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I can't even connect to the server at all to see if the patch is out, and it ain't my inet connection if I'm posting this.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    paterdave wrote: »
    So for us in europe we can't get our vouchers today and so. how are you gonna fix that?
    i live in europe, and i did it easily. sure, i did it in the morning so i could get it out of the way before any patch downtimes came, but you can do it then or in the evening, even 9 or 10 pm isn't that late for a 5 minute voucher run.

besides, if you've been getting them every day you should have almost all of them already. the event will last for over half a month more, one lost day won't doom you.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    Greetings Captains!

We will be performing our weekly maintenance tomorrow as well as apply an updated patch at 6AM Pacific. Downtime is estimated is 6 hours........

Dear geebuz... thats a long time... :o alrigty then... normal-21.gifnormal-19.gifnormal-9.gifnormal-10.gifnormal-43.gif

no STO for 6 hrs... :freaks out:
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Greetings Captains!

We will be performing our weekly maintenance tomorrow as well as apply an updated patch at 6AM Pacific. Downtime is estimated is 6 hours........

Dear geebuz... thats a long time... :o alrigty then... normal-21.gifnormal-19.gifnormal-9.gifnormal-10.gifnormal-43.gif

no STO for 6 hrs... :freaks out:

At this point it's only really 2 hours 45 minutes, which doesn't sound nearly as bad. TF1Q54p.gif
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    buzzomasterbuzzomaster Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    SOLO NUMERI...... MA PORCO ZIO MA SEMPRE PROBLEMI E DELIRI VARI??? MA SEMPRE. SIETE INCREDIBILI. E ORA QUANDO SI POTRA GIOCARE??? E POI PER ARC CLIENT CHE A NESSUNO FOTTE UN TRIBBLE DI ARC CLIENT INTANTO AVETE SOLO DEI PROBLEMI CIOE MA CHE PATCH VOLETE FARE QUI E DA STAMANI ALLE 7:00 IN ITALY IMPOSSIBLE GAME MA OHUUUUUUUU MA SIETE SCEMI????? QUALCUNO QUA PAGA COSE PREMIUM PER GIOCARE CHI ME LI RIDA ARC CLIENT????
  • Options
    gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    Well this threw my Risa schedule out of whack. Normally I log in to do the daily, monkeys, and birds and then log out. I would do this before anything else so that I don't forget to..... but now I have to wait AGAIN. I mean, didn't we already have this Tuesday? Seriously, consolidate your time!
    signature.png
  • Options
    I wanted to to respond to that post but it would be impolite towards other users to type it in Italian and judging by the content and the tone, the user doesn't really want a reply.

Maybe it's a good thing my Universal Translator's on the fritz.... :o
  • Options
    buzzomasterbuzzomaster Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    SORRY I LIVE IN ITALY TORINO WHEN IS UP GAME CLIENT? ARC CLIENT=????? WHEN??? PLS FAST ONLY NUMBER!!!!!! NICE . FATE RIBREZZO
  • Options
    dangifinodangifino Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    6 hours, but almost no patch notes, the pending issues list is as long as the release list. Is there any special reason for the maintenance being that long? Normal downtime is 3 hours or even 2.5 hours usually (used to be 1.5 to 2 hours in the older times).

In fact, it appears they are doing a rather large infrastructure overhaul. This does indeed explain the long downtime. If you'll notice, all of cryptic (apparently excepting these forums) is down.

Let's just hope the result is worth it.

I'm lost.
    I've gone to find myself.
    If I should return before I get back,
    please ask me to wait.
  • Options
    dangifino wrote: »

In fact, it appears they are doing a rather large infrastructure overhaul. This does indeed explain the long downtime. If you'll notice, all of cryptic (apparently excepting these forums) is down.

Let's just hope the result is worth it.

Aye, aye!
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Another 2.5 hours...

What to do during that time? I could go for a walk outside... maybe cook a gourmet meal... write a sonnet to put that guy from Stratford-upon-Avon to shame... Read a book and learn something I've never even considered before...

Or I could just turn on a console and play a different game until STO is back up. Yeah, let's go with that one.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    I wanted to to respond to that post but it would be impolite towards other users to type it in Italian and judging by the content and the tone, the user doesn't really want a reply.
    Ya, I wouldn't definitely translate the 4th and 5th word lol

P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    -edit- forget it was confused for a minute

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    6 hours!

No STO for me today :(
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,334 Arc User
    guljarol wrote: »
    6 hours? So, no playing much for Europeans today, eh?

Should be online again at 21.00-22.00 for mainland Europe. It's not long though.
    I'm sorry, the maintenance yesterday and now you want to take everything down for 6 hours SIX FREAKING HOURS to fix very, very little? Are you kidding? O.o

Hardware upgrades take time.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    clonecomanderclonecomander Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Guys I gonna say this whether or not they fix it; on mission dynamics something it clones the ships. Can you fix it?
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    Resolved a graphics related issue.....that's good if true. It's taken over a year to fix....but if true, this is good.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    played a bunch of space runs and pvp last night, it was SMOOTH!

So I was quite shocked to see 6 hours downtime... in fact "holy TRIBBLE on a brick what a long down time!" was my thoughts...

Had a night much like yours, except in my case the lag was the worst it had ever been.

And Risa... *shudder*.

So yeah, while I intended to whine about the 6 hour maintenance - as European that will mean nearly all my game time tonight being gone - if they actually fix this, even just in part, I'm not gonna say a peep.
    paterdave wrote: »
    So for us in europe we can't get our vouchers today and so. how are you gonna fix that?

As I said, I'm a European too. And I have been unable to do Flying High since Monday, due to Risa having got even worse than normal after Monday's maintenance. So I have "wasted" three days, but I doubt I'll be compensated for it.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    First off, for your viewing pleasure - http://imgur.com/gallery/8yhdi

Second off, little bit of a status update. We've got some good progress coming in so far. Things tentatively are looking good. I believe this network maintenance will be affecting lines through Internap and Cogent (gasp) and improving those connections. This is especially relevant as I am aware some EU players (especially those in Germany) are bound through one line that needed some love and attention. We're working on giving you that love and attention. Yeehaw.

~LaughingTrendy
This discussion has been closed.