Install Arc
Options

what are we 5 year olds

Comments

• Options
    cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    macready08 wrote: »
    No cryptic we are not all 5 year olds we dont like dumb TRIBBLE like exploding gum balls and ginger bread pets. Cryptic you need to grow up or hire some adults to develop this game does cbs own this ip or nick jr.

Hate to say it but it's meant to be a silly fun event. Not only for us players, but I'm guessing for the devs also. Then again I bet you're one of those people who rant on and on about disco balls ruining your game. Note the word game. Please feel free to get over yourself, remove the stick you so clearly have lodged somewhere dark, and have some fun ffs.
  • Options
    macready08macready08 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    After reading all the posts here I have had a change of heart I decided to give the winter event one more try. When I enter the zone it was magical a smile immediately came over my face i just couldn't fight it. I ran to the first race OMG its so realistic you even have to wait in line I almost got frostbite waiting. Then it was off to the competitive race wait a minute why does everyone say pvp never gets any love PVPERS you get a whole race. And I will say there were more ppl in line for the competitive pvp race then in the pvp q so another success cryptic. Well by this time im getting hungry so I remember the pie eating contest. OMG they were delicious I stayed there for hrs just clicking on pies over and over and over again the fun was to much. So I thank you all for opening my eyes to what is real fun in a game. Just kidding haven't stepped a foot near it and it all still sucks.
  • Options
    cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    After reading all the posts here I have had a change of heart I decided to give the winter event one more try. When I enter the zone it was magical a smile immediately came over my face i just couldn't fight it. I ran to the first race OMG its so realistic you even have to wait in line I almost got frostbite waiting. Then it was off to the competitive race wait a minute why does everyone say pvp never gets any love PVPERS you get a whole race. And I will say there were more ppl in line for the competitive pvp race then in the pvp q so another success cryptic. Well by this time im getting hungry so I remember the pie eating contest. OMG they were delicious I stayed there for hrs just clicking on pies over and over and over again the fun was to much. So I thank you all for opening my eyes to what is real fun in a game. Just kidding haven't stepped a foot near it and it all still sucks.

LMAO wow that stick is really wedged up there good isn't it?
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I dunno, Mac - there's a lot of folks in these forums who can throw a fit like a five-year-old...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's not really all that bad as events in MMOs go really.

Sure it's cheesy and dopey, but hey, it's a Q event. Most of Q's less dire scenarios were cheesy and dopey.

That being said, I wish STO would follow the lead of a few other MMOs and do Halloween events in addition - those are usually significantly more engaging in my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
  • Options
    reiklingraiderreiklingraider Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ROFL the Mayor of Little Lamplight doesn't like and probably can't do the content so he has to troll the forums.
  • Options
    suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jornado wrote: »
    It's not really all that bad as events in MMOs go really.

Sure it's cheesy and dopey, but hey, it's a Q event. Most of Q's less dire scenarios were cheesy and dopey.

That being said, I wish STO would follow the lead of a few other MMOs and do Halloween events in addition - those are usually significantly more engaging in my opinion.

They did say they would add more events. But Halloween is so close to Christmas it may be hard to shove another event in there.....personally I'd like a St. Patty'a event...but I guess I have the local pub for that :)
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • Options
    furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No cryptic we are not all 5 year olds we dont like dumb TRIBBLE like exploding gum balls and ginger bread pets. Cryptic you need to grow up or hire some adults to develop this game does cbs own this ip or nick jr.

I've noticed that the people who complain when things aren't "grimdark" tend to come off as more immature than whatever they are complaining about....
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited December 2014

This post just confirms what I knew all along.

You're nothing more than a troll. And a poorly disguised one at that.
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited December 2014

This is the purist bar of sarcasm I've ever detected: over 9000% pure sarcasm.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They did say they would add more events. But Halloween is so close to Christmas it may be hard to shove another event in there.....personally I'd like a St. Patty'a event...but I guess I have the local pub for that :)

Meh, there are A LOT of other MMOs that manage to fit Halloween in, and it has the advantage of being ALMOST as secular in the first world as generic "Holiday" celebrations. St. Patty's might be a bit trickier. Plus, yeah, that should ALWAYS be spent at the pub.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
  • Options
    suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jornado wrote: »
    Meh, there are A LOT of other MMOs that manage to fit Halloween in, and it has the advantage of being ALMOST as secular in the first world as generic "Holiday" celebrations. St. Patty's might be a bit trickier. Plus, yeah, that should ALWAYS be spent at the pub.

But a pumpkin mortar Mk XIV epic.....oh baby yeah!
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hm... most of the threads in the forums lately could have fooled me, OP.
  • Options
    hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

Or, if you prefer:
    The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2014

Stop complaining about the only fun in the game. It happens once a year for 30 days, and it gives you for virtually no effort your choice of three rather good starships, and the first T6 carrier at the moment.

Beyond this and the summer event, it's hard to say what will draw players here seasonally. The grind? Don't think so...
  • Options
    bladeofkahlessbladeofkahless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The only ways to get the ships is to participate in a daily unpleasant grind for most of the event or be forced to spend ridiculous amounts of money on lobi to get the rewards needed to get the ships.

Thanks but no thanks Cryptic.

That being said, I sincerely hope the folks that look forward to these events have a blast.

To be fair, the grind is not so bad anymore, now that only one character on an account has to do it.
    I have an army of alts. Now THAT was a grind.
    But now, one race a day (2 or 3 min) for 25 days. And a single race on each alt... just once.
    Hardly qualifies as a grind.

The holiday drops (ornaments, earmuffs, etc...) are a non-issue. Easy to get.
    Besides, one can always just wait 'til the last week or so of the event, can be bought for cheap from the exchange.

All that said, it's still optional.

Lots of fun to be had. Except the recipe scavenger hunt, and pie eating. Those are just boring and tedious.
    Everything else is fun though :)
    I look forward to the Winter Event every December. It's the most fun seasonal event of all the games I play (City of Heroes had the best seasonals... R.I.P.).
    Also, I'm glad they are keeping their promise to add something every year :D

**EDIT**

I forgot to mention the locked items. "Must play 5 times..."
    Ok. WTF Cryptic?
    We should WANT to play the new part because it's fun and it's new... not because some prizes are being dangled over our heads to make sure we do.
    And locking some prizes that weren't previously locked?
    Really?
    I am disappoint.

It's me, Chrome. [Join Date: May 2009]

"Oh, I may be captain by rank... but I never wanted to be anything else but an engineer." ~Montgomery Scott~
  • Options
    katanahiryukatanahiryu Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    js26568 wrote: »
    Don't you remember the TOS episode where Spock shoots a giant snowman in the face with a shoulder-mounted snowball launcher?

Yes I do, but then again that happened today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Well, most of player base maybe not, but Q, as we saw many times, mentally is child (remember that who we have in STO is Q Junior who was even more childish than his father Q)
  • Options
    frakrfrakr Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The Winter Wonderland is OP ...

Nerf pls ...
  • Options
    salem1574salem1574 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I’m pushing 50 and I look forward to Q’s Winter Wonderland ever year! I love being a kid again! “Where’s That Lobi you silly old fool?”
  • Options
    chrishellmax2363chrishellmax2363 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Seriously. In 1 hour i shot at borg snowmen. Slid of ice like a gazillion times and the epoh lady keeps wanting me to make a epoh my friend. To top it off i am seriously glad that gigi dont see other gingerbread men being attacked.
    Im a five year old at heart and you can go stuff youreself if you think no one is enjoying this content op. Thanks for the fun devs.
    Whether you think you are right or wrong, either way you are RIGHT.
  • Options
    chrishellmax2363chrishellmax2363 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I been waiting a year for my frosty boots...
    Whether you think you are right or wrong, either way you are RIGHT.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I dont know if i was a dev i would want to take pride in my work and create things that i could be proud of that other devs would respect. Im sure if you showed this content to other mmo developers on other games except maybe bronies online or hello kitty online they would laugh you out of the room. and the only 14 yr olds who live in there parents basement work for cryptic just watch the livestreams and you will see what im talking about. I doubt anyone at cryptic is a true trek fan and no getting married on the defient bridge doesnt make you a trek fan it makes you a moron.

Except that in most other MMOs the Devs there have created similar light-hearted Holiday content as well; so if anything it will just give everyone more ideas on what to develop for said Holiday themed content.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I dont know if i was a dev i would want to take pride in my work and create things that i could be proud of that other devs would respect. Im sure if you showed this content to other mmo developers on other games except maybe bronies online or hello kitty online they would laugh you out of the room. and the only 14 yr olds who live in there parents basement work for cryptic just watch the livestreams and you will see what im talking about. I doubt anyone at cryptic is a true trek fan and no getting married on the defient bridge doesnt make you a trek fan it makes you a moron.

When did you leave the mirror universe and enter ours?
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If you don't like the winter event don't go to it, but don't take a dump on other peoples fun if they are enjoying it.
    It's the holiday season and there is an endless list of MMOs that release seasonal content, if you aren't aware of that OP you must have been hiding under a rock.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    fcaptkmtonfcaptkmton Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's supposed to be whimsical, Grandpa.

This discussion has been closed.