test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

what are we 5 year olds

Comments

• jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    macready08 wrote: »
    I was just saying the same thing to a fleetmate the adults are to smart to spend real money so lets target the kids with daddys credit card.

This and if you think its bad here,stay away from wizard 101.
  • jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sorry, all I got from the OP was
    GET OFF MY LAWN YOU KIDS AND TURN THAT MUSIC DOWN!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, I welcome a different flavor for a month or so
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,303 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Once upon a time... long ago.

A figure braved the snow storm, its coat flapping flaccid and impotent against the howling wind. Head bowed, but walking with purpose towards some unseen destination in white wastes. Despite painful haemorrhoids that had a tendancy to explode in bad weather; they had evaded the security patrols and bypassed Q's defences, and soon... soon the FUN would begin.

"Tried to tell 'em!" he muttered, "wouldn't be tole'!, well, now... I'll SHOW em wont I?!" After a small amount of cackling and a few grunts of "..king gingerbread men!" the figure set up a large modified sniper rifle and scope on an outcrop of rock.

The scope found its target. There he was, Q - the instigator of all this childishness, the reason he had travelled hundreds of light years to find these people, the people who haunted his dreams, the sheep who laughed at snow balls and snow men..

He could not hurt Q, that much was clear... but humiliate him... and his childish fans..., to obstruct and destroy their childish antics... perhaps THAT was possible. The rifle fired, and after a brief moment its payload landed squarely in the mouth of Q - at first his look was one of surprise, which quickly turned to disgust as he realised what was lodged in his throat.

The TRIBBLE steamed, and protruded from Q's mouth like a most unlikely cigar. And then, with all the power of the Q continuum behind him, Q vomited.

The disgorgement was like no other that the universe had ever witnessed, a tsunami... a tidal wave of pure filth, engulfed the entire winter wonderland. The tide of vomit continued by the people of the land themselves as they emptied their stomachs into each others faces.

The figure packed away his riffle with a smug smile. Q would never live this down, and winter wonderland with its childish antics would become a thing of the past.

The wind blew on, and eventually the figure disappeared with only the snatch of a muttered sentence lingering in the air; "...king gingerbread men".
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,468 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I cannot believe nobody posted this yet...
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • sammyspet1sammyspet1 Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    I cannot believe nobody posted this yet...

even thou u just did lol why not try this one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wanted to beat the Delta Meme n00bs LOL
    Join Date a player made up is NOT correct!
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    waaaa waaaaaa waaaaaaaaaa me nappee needs changed :(

Ah, maybe the OP's whining is the result of still being on 'soft food'. Such clear communication prior to the production of solid stools, is however commendable, regardless of the current tantrum.. Bravo!!

I do enjoy this light hearted, pretty much unsullied by $$$, Winter Event. This is Q we are talking about, besides the odd Capitan he has spent time with, he see's us all as children, in his own benevolent way, he is giving us what he thinks we appreciate. You may not like it OP, but it is certainly in character for Q, and properly belongs in this game.
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No cryptic we are not all 5 year olds we dont like dumb TRIBBLE like exploding gum balls and ginger bread pets. Cryptic you need to grow up or hire some adults to develop this game does cbs own this ip or nick jr.

May the devs burn this thread (or let the mods ignore it)
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch.
    You really are a heel.
    You're as cuddly as a cactus,
    You're as charming as an eel,
    Mr. Grinch.
    You're a bad banana with a greasy black peel.

You're a monster, Mr. Grinch.
    Your heart's an empty hole.
    Your brain is full of spiders.
    You've got garlic in your soul, Mr Grinch.
    I wouldn't touch you with a
    Thirty-nine and a half foot pole.

You're a vile one, Mr. Grinch.
    You have termites in your smile,
    You have all the tender sweetness of a seasick crocodile,
    Mr Grinch.
    Given the choice between the two of you,
    I'd take the seasick crocodile.

You're a foul one, Mr. Grinch.
    You're a nasty wasty skunk.
    Your heart is full of unwashed socks.
    Your soul is full of gunk,
    Mr Grinch.

The three words that best describe you,
    Are as follows, and I quote"
    Stink!
    Stank!
    Stunk!

You're a rotter Mr Grinch
    You're the king of sinful sots
    Your hearts a dead tomato squashed with moldy purple spots
    Mr Grinch

Your soul is a appalling dump heap
    Overflowing with the most disgraceful
    Assortment of deplorable rubbish imaginable,
    Mangled up in tangled up knots.

You nauseate me, Mr Grinch
    With a noxious super nos
    You're a crooked jerky jockey and,
    You drive a crooked hoss
    Mr Grinch!

You're a three-decker sauerkraut
    And toadstool sandwich,
    With arsenic sauce!
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
    edited December 2014
    a3001 wrote: »

The mods will be too busy shooting snowballs and enjoying the festivities like the rest of us lol
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
    edited December 2014
    tekehd wrote: »
    I'm 42, in addition to looking forward to the winter event here on STO, I also own several hundred Transformers toys and am looking forward to the arrival of my MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee which has been on preorder and which was shipped to me and will be arriving tomorrow. Running around winter wonderland and the gingerbread village and taking out snowmen with snowball launchers, blowers and candified weaponry is fun.

Dude.. Repect!!!
    tYld1gu.gif?1
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    What are even going on about? Q's antics throughout Star Trek are largely nonsensical and comedic. This entire event with Q just messing around and giving us Borg snowmen to fight fits in perfectly with what we've seen on screen. None of this is "childish and stupid."

This a million times over. Q was constantly pranking Picard and company in childish ways so how was that any different from Q's Winder Wonderland in STO? Are you honestly going to rage over gingerbread men and gum drop weapons? I don't think the OP is serious and this just stinks of a prank he's pulling on us.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,468 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    a3001 wrote: »

Don't worry we have their rattlers and pacifiers held hostage.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm inclined to agree, I hate the silliness of the winter event, but I won't begrudge those that DO like it the right to play it and enjoy it. Put another way, I can just ignore it.

What bothers me more is that we're often treated like idiots. Do we really need every interactable object in the world to glow and flash like a christmas tree? Do we have to have puzzles in the game that are so simplistic a 5 year old would laugh at it? How about letting us use our BRAINS once in a while.

Anyway, it's an old horse.
    Well... I remember the game the way it was before and.... I actually like it in many ways. Sure the effect is gaudy and garish, but it does provide a useful benefit. Needing to guess which console you can interact with is annoying.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    js26568 wrote: »
    I am assuming that you're complaining about the Winter Event. Well stop it, it's the best content in the game at the moment.

This 100%

OP if you keep complaining we might wind up with nothing
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    No cryptic we are not all 5 year olds we dont like dumb TRIBBLE like exploding gum balls and ginger bread pets. Cryptic you need to grow up or hire some adults to develop this game does cbs own this ip or nick jr.

Lol, this revamped Winter event is hands down the best and probably only fun thing to be released with Delta Rising.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Oh, grow up. Or down. Whichever works. It's all in good fun.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • jakal122481jakal122481 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited December 2014

the only time i log into this game anymore is to do R&D and get my daily dill and i look forward to the yearly events but other than that i don't play this game so its kinda good they have these events i guess atleast they keep vets like me interested hahaha
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Your grammar makes me wonder if you ARE a 5 year old.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • gearth44gearth44 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have played a ton of video games over the course of my life, and this is far and away the most fun seasonal event in any of them.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Trek fans act like 5 year olds who missed their naps, so yeah :D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Q's wonderland was ALWAYS a parody

but a LOT more carrot this year, was actually quite surprised lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You have to remember, not everyone who plays this game isn't an adult. You have kids as well. IF I had a kid, I sure would want them to play it. As this game is lots of fun.

I don't mind the winter event, I like going there to play around. And its a way to get out of "Star Trek" for a short while for some fun. Just like the summer event, that was lots of fun too. Plus it helps break up the usual stuff I do on the game for months on end. So its a fun break to have fun.

Bottom line, if the game isn't fun. Why bother playing anymore.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Please, speak for yourself, OP. I, for one, am looking forward to unwinding and relaxing in the whimsical fun that is the Winter Event.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • captainzheicaptainzhei Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited December 2014

It's a CHRISTMAS event, what's wrong with you? Go back to League of Legends.
    ==========================================
    Captaincy, Excelsior-Class U.S.S. Bianca Beauchamp NCC-99947-F

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No doubt Christmas is tied with mothers day and valentines day for worst holiday of the year. But it is supposed to be a fun time. So a zone of joy and a little light heartedness is great. And it let's the only good devs show off....the environmental team.

I think the OP needs to lighten up a little. Of a guy like me that hates Christmas can find it amuzing, anyone can.
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I can't tell if the thread is meant to be sarcastic as everyone loves the Christmas event.
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Hate to say it but it's meant to be a silly fun event. Not only for us players, but I'm guessing for the devs also. Then again I bet you're one of those people who rant on and on about disco balls ruining your game. Note the word game. Please feel free to get over yourself, remove the stick you so clearly have lodged somewhere dark, and have some fun ffs.
  • macready08macready08 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    After reading all the posts here I have had a change of heart I decided to give the winter event one more try. When I enter the zone it was magical a smile immediately came over my face i just couldn't fight it. I ran to the first race OMG its so realistic you even have to wait in line I almost got frostbite waiting. Then it was off to the competitive race wait a minute why does everyone say pvp never gets any love PVPERS you get a whole race. And I will say there were more ppl in line for the competitive pvp race then in the pvp q so another success cryptic. Well by this time im getting hungry so I remember the pie eating contest. OMG they were delicious I stayed there for hrs just clicking on pies over and over and over again the fun was to much. So I thank you all for opening my eyes to what is real fun in a game. Just kidding haven't stepped a foot near it and it all still sucks.
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    After reading all the posts here I have had a change of heart I decided to give the winter event one more try. When I enter the zone it was magical a smile immediately came over my face i just couldn't fight it. I ran to the first race OMG its so realistic you even have to wait in line I almost got frostbite waiting. Then it was off to the competitive race wait a minute why does everyone say pvp never gets any love PVPERS you get a whole race. And I will say there were more ppl in line for the competitive pvp race then in the pvp q so another success cryptic. Well by this time im getting hungry so I remember the pie eating contest. OMG they were delicious I stayed there for hrs just clicking on pies over and over and over again the fun was to much. So I thank you all for opening my eyes to what is real fun in a game. Just kidding haven't stepped a foot near it and it all still sucks.

LMAO wow that stick is really wedged up there good isn't it?
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,446 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I dunno, Mac - there's a lot of folks in these forums who can throw a fit like a five-year-old...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
This discussion has been closed.