test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek III - How To Do It

flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Ten Forward
It's probably not due until 2015 at the earliest, most likely later than that, and we might have someone different at the helm (cause JJ will be working on the Star Wars films, though we know that Chris, Zack and co are contracted for three Trek films with the possibility to extend).

I'm wondering what everyone would like to see with this third film. Lets assume for the moment too that the third film will be the final film and that all the cast and crew will go on to other projects afterward. My reason for this is simply to see how everyone would like to go out with a bang.

Me? Well the Klingons have to be involved for starters. They've touched on them a little already, though I'm talking space battles too. I'd love to see a bunch of Klingon Warships / Birds of Prey go up against a couple of Federation ships, of which would include a second Constitution Class ship (we've a selection to choose from).

Furthermore, I think it would also be nice to see the Romulans in this new timeline. I know they were the main focus in Trek I (personally, I think that was a mistake; Abrams should have just went with a straight reboot and not connected his Trek with Prime Trek) though it would be nice I think to see how these new Romulans operate.

Maybe a story about a potential alliance between the Klingons and Romulans; one of which Kirk and crew are required to sabotage. Sure, the Federation doesn't work this way, but there ain't nothing like fabricating data (ask Sisko). We know that the exchange in TOS was cloaks for warp, though we know that the Klingons already have cloaks, and considering nobody queried the warp drive of the Romulan ship that attacked the Kelvin and/or Vulcan, I can only assume the Romulans of Abrams Universe have warp drive already.

Doesn't mean an alliance can't be formed for other reasons. Failing that, JJ's take on the Tholians.
attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
Post edited by flash525 on

Comments

• Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    A single Romulan ship destroyed over 50 Klingon vessels in the first movie. I'm not really seeing the Klingons in too much of a mood to ally with the Romulans after that.

Also, the Romulans have warp drive in Enterprise - we see the Rom chameleon ship using warp drive -and the Enterprise canon is still consistent with the JJ timeline. Things don't diverge until after Enterprise.

My guess is that the 3rd movie will touch on Nomad/V'ger.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    very roughly. a Fed/klingon war is days away from happening and its being fuelled in secret by the romulans.

while the enterprise is off exploring and are about to be called back to defend the feds from attack when they discover something. one of those powerful god like energy sources that have unlimited power or something (real old school trek gene always loved).

this is seen by everyone as the key to dominating the galaxy for whomever controls it sparking a race to acquire it. However its actually some sort of trap by another brand new species who are trying to invade this region of space and all 3 races end up having to work together to stop them and save the galaxy. this leaves the 3 major races with a tentative peace treaty being signed at the end.

this new race could then be used further in any possible tv series.

i think this idea covers many bases. we get to see more of the klingons and the romulans but at the same time we get a brand new threat to deal with. we get plenty of action but it ends in peace and the classic trek idea of overcoming your differences to wok together and starfleet returning to the more normalised version we know from the prime universe. it also gets some exploring involved.
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I would change your topic from HOW TO DO IT to PLEASE, I BEG YOU, DON'T DO IT!

Stop this nonsense. Stop calling this trash Star Trek. It is entertaining but it is not Star Trek. They created a new timeline so they could do anything and what do they do? They do a Wrath of Khan remake...

Bring back a new Star Trek TV series set a few years after the Next Generation era, please. Star Trek has always been better on TV than on the big screen.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    felixhexfelixhex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I say no to the Tholians

I say yes to the Q Continuum. I believe with what has happened in ST 2009 and ST-ID that the alternate events would be reason for the emergeance of Q to happen sooner than it did in the prime timeline.

I say yes to the Borg. Everything that has happened in the show Enterprise is still intact. There was an episode where the Borg was found on a planet. A twist or two and a few plot devices and you have the Borg arriving earlier also. Maybe Nero's ship popped out in their sector and they adapted it. Alerting them to Romulus and Remus and making them more deadly than ever.

I say yes to past and future Captains and crew. While the idea of time travel in ST is not new, every time there is a time travel episode the concept is original.

Aside from all that, I say yes to Kirk and Carol getting married.
    I say when does pon farr hit Spock? I would love to see the interaction between Uhura and Spock then.

You know how at the beginning of ID the crew was on a mission? How about use the final tv episode as stepping off stone in part 3. We know the show ended here. Final mission. Now next movie.
  • Options
    gornman47gornman47 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    here's an idea...how about coming with something completely new and not a rehash of things that have already been done. new alien race, new plot and maybe something new for the crew of the Enterprise to do besides calling up Old Spock for the answers to a situation that he already went through.
    Q: [quoting Hartley] "Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays..."
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    trygvar13 wrote: »
    Stop this nonsense. Stop calling this trash Star Trek. It is entertaining but it is not Star Trek. They created a new timeline so they could do anything and what do they do? They do a Wrath of Khan remake...
    The whole point of the JJverse is to be a "what if" universe. It's to show you what would happen if they changed a few things in the timeline so that you can see how the events would unfold differently. The point was never to take Trek in a new direction, but rather to re-envision Trek for a new group of people.

JJverse is like STO: no matter how much you want to do something original the fans really only wants to see the old crappola they've been seeing for decades.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Romulans had warp in TOS!

Perhaps a film with no large scale battles this time.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I rather liked the fact that they did this recent movie based on wrath of khan, but changed some things. For example, I thought it was brillaint to have spock yell out the classic "KHAAAAAN!" instead of kirk. People who think the new movies are trash just dont get that they're supposed to be -different- but remind those of us who liked the old star trek of those nostalgic moments.
  • Options
    captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Raise your hand if you want a movie version of The Corbomite Maneuver.
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Edit that title, this will be Star Trek XIII
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I want a 3 hour remake of Spock's Brain.

Directed by Peter Jackson.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Here are my 3 ideas

1)Tholians
    2)A mirror mirror type story
    3)Balance of Terror
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
      edited September 2013
      I would like to see some interaction with the mirror universe, seeing the differences with the new timeline perhaps or maybe a Terran invasion of the prime universe.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Harden up Princess
      Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
      www.ausmonauts.com
    • Options
      psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
      edited September 2013
      iconians wrote: »

Now that would be interesting to see.
      NJ9oXSO.png
      "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
      -Thomas Marrone
    • Options
      jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
      edited September 2013
      Here's hoping it will go like this

Opening credits

Time ship arrives sets off some temporal weapon

Time line restored

The end
      JtaDmwW.png
    • Options
      bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited September 2013
      jam3s1701 wrote: »
      Here's hoping it will go like this

Opening credits

Time ship arrives sets off some temporal weapon

Time line restored

The end

HAHAH YES!! This would be amazing
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
    • Options
      mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
      edited September 2013
      captz1pp wrote: »
      Raise your hand if you want a movie version of The Corbomite Maneuver.

While I think this was a good episode a better one to turn into a film would be from season 3 of ST:TOS called "The Enterprise Incident"

Kirk and Spoke steal a romulan cloaking device, love interest between Spock and Romulan commander (complicated by involvement with Uhura). Scope for the odd space battle, and stays in theme with current films and timeline.
      hZbIdbh.jpg
      THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
      Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    • Options
      jiitoljiitol Member Posts: 61 Arc User
      edited September 2013
      I like the idea of the Q Continuum ala John de Lance coming to Change things back. Or at least add Q to the mix. And yes, yes, yes to a new tv show.
    • Options
      cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
      edited September 2013
      ...Stop calling this trash Star Trek. It is entertaining but it is not Star Trek......

it's Star Trek.

and there is nothing you can do about it.

edited September 2013
      I want a 3 hour remake of Spock's Brain....

that's the name of my fleet :D

edited September 2013
      Borg!!! XD XD XD Or Q, but that would only work if they had THE Q, from TNG.
      76561198032353876.png
    • Options
      linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
      edited September 2013
      flash525 wrote: »
      I'm wondering what everyone would like to see with this third film. Lets assume for the moment too that the third film will be the final film and that all the cast and crew will go on to other projects afterward.
      If the third film is the last, I think the story should loop back to the prime universe.
    • Options
      steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
      edited September 2013

That depends...will Peter be allowed to add in all of Gene Roddenberry's scribbles, side notes, and appendices and thereby make three movies instead of one? ;)
    • Options
      cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
      edited September 2013
      rooster707 wrote: »
      ....Or Q, but that would only work if they had THE Q, from TNG.

I dunno...I always thought Louis CK would make a great Q ......
      edited September 2013
      I would change your topic from HOW TO DO IT to PLEASE, I BEG YOU, DON'T DO IT!

Stop this nonsense. Stop calling this trash Star Trek.
      ^ IDIC FAIL

How about stop telling people how to think and feel like you do about Star Trek.

:rolleyes:
      The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
    • Options
      kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
      edited September 2013
      very roughly. a Fed/klingon war is days away from happening and its being fuelled in secret by the romulans.
      100% SOLD on this concept.

:cool:
      The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime