Comments

• Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    osena109 wrote: »
    Is it up yet?
    daveyny wrote: »
    See Above You. :P
    I think my mind is going in the wrong direction here... :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patch Notes are up.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    darkravenxp32darkravenxp32 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    osena109 wrote: »
    Is it up yet?
    Patch notes are up. should be close.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=9819211#post9819211
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    coffeemike wrote: »
    Can we get the USS Vengeance as a reward for this weekend... please?

Well the short answer is no. And the long answer is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Now, allow me to be blunt. Any ship or indeed any thing that appears in any of the "New" Star Trek films (Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness et al) will never, ever, ever be included in this game due to the licensing issues related with it.

Period.

The best you'll ever see from JJVerse is the Red Matter Capacitor. Which you can't get anymore. Which, by the way, is technically from the Prime Universe and is therefore not actually from the Alternate Reality Star Trek universe anyway.

I swear the next person who asks "Can we have X from the JJVerse Star Trek" will get this answer, copypaste style.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    darkravenxp32darkravenxp32 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sad news for those of you planning on toon transfering to tribble from holodeck, it's disabled this build.
  • Options
    haelishaelis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wufangchu wrote: »
    Romulans are still invite only?? Look folks. I came here to test.. not flutter my eyes or go goo gah over everything. i want to know that my romulan character when i create her next week is going to work at the best possible as she can. Wipe a character i create today, i dont care, but I just cant fathom how i'm supposed to test something ( even in open beta ) that i have no access too..

NO ONE HAS ACCESS. THEY HAVE NOT OPENED THE SERVER FOR OPEN BETA TESTING YET. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO TEST ALONG WITH EVERYONE ELSE WHEN IT COMES ONLINE.

Interface: TNG color scheme appears washed out and flat.

THE NEW INTERFACE LOOKS GREAT AND IS A VAST IMPROVEMENT ON THE PRIOR INTERFACE. IT LOOKS MUCH MORE LIKE THE LARS SYSTEM.

Ship customization: Previously purchased Z-Store ships ( Armitage and Thunderchild ) not being recognized or listed in any section of the customization window.

IF YOU HAD TAKEN THE TIME TO READ THE FORUM YOU WOULD SEE IT PLAINLY TELLS YOU THAT C-STORE SHIPS AND SUCH WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE ON THE TRIBBLE SERVER.

Tailor: Previous costume purchases not being recognized by tailoring window.

AGAIN, READING COMPREHENSION. THEY CLEARLY STATE THAT PREVIOUS COSTUME PURCHASES ARE NOT ON THE TRIBBLE SERVER.

Opening screen initially displays character and crew with an image of the ships fighter or shuttle above them. Image changes to ship after selecting second character and reverting back

BASICALLY, CHILL OUT. IT WILL BE OK. GIVE THEM TIME TO GET IT ONLINE. IT IS TO TEST THE NEW SYSTEM NOT THE OLD SHIPS, COSTUMES, ETC. IT IS TO TEST THE NEW SHIPS, COSTUMES, ETC. WHEN IT COMES ONLINE, HAVE FUN. :rolleyes:
    And I'm old, not dead.
    If your're so smart how come you don't own everything? :D
    Proud Member of Starfleet Elite Task Force & Klingon Elite Task Force for 4 yrs
  • Options
    jupiter1122jupiter1122 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its back up!
  • Options
    warp2126warp2126 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WOW, the patching is slow.... must be the volume of people...
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its back up!

Stiiiiiill patching...
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sad news for those of you planning on toon transfering to tribble from holodeck, it's disabled this build.

It makes sense though since the whole purpose is to test out the Romulans.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    We are pleased to announce that the Open Beta and Tribble Test Weekend for Legacy of Romulus is now LIVE! More details here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=884441

Please note that character transfers from Holodeck to Tribble are temporarily disabled, and the OP has been updated.

We look forward to seeing you on Tribble!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    theodrimtheodrim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    It makes sense though since the whole purpose is to test out the Romulans.

And here I was hoping to sit on my Fed toon outside New Romulus making passive-aggressive and condescending remarks to flying-by Romulans.

Where's my horn-rimmed glasses and flannel jacket costume pieces, PWE?
    Somebody getting uppity about canon? No problem! Just take a deep breath, and repeat after me:

Spock's Brain.
  • Options
    warp2126warp2126 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We are pleased to announce that the Open Beta and Tribble Test Weekend for Legacy of Romulus is now LIVE! More details here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=884441

Please note that character transfers from Holodeck to Tribble are temporarily disabled, and the OP has been updated.

We look forward to seeing you on Tribble!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Many thanks

hoping the patching wont take too long
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Squeeeeee!

Wait! We were promised yodeling! Where is the yodeling?!
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    haelishaelis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks Bran. I'm headed there now. OK let the insanity begin. This forum will now fill with ********, griping, whining and complaining, lol. After 3 years it is now expected.
    Personally I will be enjoying myself. Fly safe and sleep well. :D
    And I'm old, not dead.
    If your're so smart how come you don't own everything? :D
    Proud Member of Starfleet Elite Task Force & Klingon Elite Task Force for 4 yrs
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    theodrim wrote: »
    And here I was hoping to sit on my Fed toon outside New Romulus making passive-aggressive and condescending remarks to flying-by Romulans.

Where's my horn-rimmed glasses and flannel jacket costume pieces, PWE?
    You can still do that. You just need to do it in your T1 Miranda. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Squeeeeee!

Wait! We were promised yodeling! Where is the yodeling?!

I just came back from the roof. You must have missed it. Shucks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

NooooooOOoOoOoOooooooOoOOOOOOO!

Although now I have a request for a new pet. I want a box of Bran Flakes pet that yodels at passerbys.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I got the video...

:P
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    daveyny wrote: »

I actually watched the whole vid. That was great lol!
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    lolsuphelmqrikerlolsuphelmqriker Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes! The download is complete! Now, to see if I can actually get on the server...
    Gorn Hegemony Best Faction MW 2410
    playable balaur when?

• Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patching now and may do it for 1 hour even though have spent hours on it already lol:P
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Heh, I guess everyone's hitting the patch server hard. I don't think I've seen it move this slow since launch lol.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am assuming if I went on tribble and played for an hour now that it would count towards the test reward? :D
  • Options
    arakim5arakim5 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "And we're patching, and we're patching..."
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    man I left it downloading since this afternoon during work, and its only at 44% jesus!
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Nooooooooooo I forgot I turned on my PC sleep mode to save power and it stopped patching for the last half hour. I so sad. /cry
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nooooooooooo I forgot I turned on my PC sleep mode to save power and it stopped patching for the last half hour. I so sad. /cry

Well my sto just closed down for some unknown reason and I have to start from the beggining.. some sort of error accured and it closed up.. lovely cryptic..
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so this is the reason I am getting lag on holodeck ? , with everybody trying to download the patch and all on 1 server ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    zachy011zachy011 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've never seen a patch this slow... Usually I don't participate in test weekends but this is too big to miss!

Maybe since I patched it last night it will go faster? I only have a total of 948 Mb that need to patch?
This discussion has been closed.