• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    (¯) I lub these guys
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Zilag wrote:
    I'M ****ED AND THE DEVS MUST DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS IT'S RIDICULOUS.

I LOOTED ONE TRIBBLE.

An hour later I had seven in my inventory. SEVEN TRIBBLES!

Look on the bright side. Canonically, the average tribble litter was 10...every 12 hours given sufficient food supply.

These tribbles seem to have had some variant of the Cyrano Jones metabolic restriction treatment.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    He should be glad that tribbles dont breed in your inventory if you logout of the game while in space... since you have replicator use while in space.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nice post. It's good to have some Tribble info. :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Miuramir wrote:
    Historically, one of the first questions people ask about tribbles is "How do I breed them?". Shortly thereafter, many people come to the follow-up question "OK, now how do I STOP them from breeding?", quite possibly followed by "Hey, that was my booze!"

Beautiful.

Thanks for posting the info, I had no idea. And as a person who had a tower full of UO plants, this is a nice little surprise. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    silvadalek wrote: »
    Where do you get the Tribble's scientific name?

In canon, the binomial nomenclature "Polygeminus grex" appeared on a chart in Keiko O'Brien's classroom on Deep Space 9; see the Memory Alpha page for a variety of useful info and trivia.

In game, if you right click on one, the menu has an Info option, which gives you their specific name and other useful info.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Miuramir wrote:
    In canon, the binomial nomenclature "Polygeminus grex" appeared on a chart in Keiko O'Brien's classroom on Deep Space 9; see the Memory Alpha page for a variety of useful info and trivia.

In game, if you right click on one, the menu has an Info option, which gives you their specific name and other useful info.

And I want the giant pink tribble in Kirk's chair on that page.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I dunno about you guys, but I'd take a couple of dozen Tri-cobalt tribbles.

Y'know, for fishing.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    this thread is full of win! tribbles are so awesome
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If you give a Tribble to a Kilngon Bridge officer, neither the tribble nor the BO are all to happy. Quite the funny animation
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Aisling wrote:
    I think it would be fun if you could harvest them out in the wild... it would make more sense than getting them from dead klingons.

Of course! Breed my orion tribbles! Help them spread! hehehe

And heres some Andorian Tribbles I found: (ꜞ¯ꜞ)(ꜞ¯′)(`¯ꜞ)

there's your andorian tribbles!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    After breeding several full banks worth without obtaining anything much other than the 4 most common (grey, tan, brown, black) varieties, I'm starting to get more methodical in my experiments. I've been sticking 4 of the same color in the bank with 4 of the same type of food, and nothing else.

I'm a long way from drawing any solid conclusions yet, but it looks certain color/food combinations almost always yield a specific color offspring, with the occasional chance of a mutation. I've also sometimes seen tribbles consume food but produce no children, and sometimes decide they're not hungry. I also had one occasion where there were only a few tribbles in the bank and a stack of food, and the tribbles consumed almost the entire stack, producing an explosion of babies, in one reproduction cycle.

I suspect, but don't yet have enough evidence to back it up, that if you want the rarer tribbles, you need to feed them dropped food which can't be obtained from the replicator. The one uncommon (white) tribble I received came from a batch which included dropped food.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Someone really needs to sticky this its useful info for the tribble breeders among us.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ROTFLOL! Great thread! Keep up those experiments! I look forward to reading the results. :D

Sooo... that's why I had 7 tribbles in my inventory a little while after my hubby gave me one.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i bred a odd little tribble.. gives me both a dmg buff and a regen buff... Grex mattson
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i bred a odd little tribble.. gives me both a dmg buff and a regen buff... Grex mattson

Screen shot of info window on that please.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I am looking to adop a Tribble.

Would someone please be so kind to teleport me one (Galatic Mailing Service will also do).

Havent found one through head start.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I just got my first one as a loot drop last night, threw it into the inventory and a few minutes later I had another. I think I'll keep the furry little guys around and see what kind of breeding they can do.

Is anyone looking into a tribble breeders guild? (not a fleet, just a loosley organized group dedicated to tribble breeding)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    how the hell do you take a screenshot without it hiding evrything in the ui including info window on my super tribble!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    how the hell do you take a screenshot without it hiding evrything in the ui including info window on my super tribble!

Windowed mode and print screen should work. Then open ms paint or any other art program and use edit -> Paste. Print screen will normal take your desktop and dump it to the clipboard sort of like a graphic version of copy (crtl+C).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    tribble.png

here we go... super tribble! kinda looks like a tiger with his black stripes on orange fur
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Prnt Scrn button defaults to a screenshot without the UI. Your screenshots are in C > Program Files > Cryptic Studios > Star Trek Online > Live > Screenshots

In game, in the chat window, if you type in /screen a pop up window will give you several screenshot options.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    tribble.png

here we go... super tribble! kinda looks like a tiger with his black stripes on orange fur

Awesome TY. Maybe the OP can add this to the first post too. Nice to see there are some more strange ones out there.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ZeroK0ol wrote: »
    can a non powered tribble breed and produce a tribble that has a power?

YES

Started w/ 3 stock tribbles. Now have 4 def buff tribbles, lots, and I do mean LOTS of plain, unflavored tribbles. Had to turn them loose, except for original breeding set, on a Kling palnet.

BTW. One of my buffed tribs is black/brown. Solid color. Partners is a beige/off-white solid
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Debaser wrote: »
    I just got my first one as a loot drop last night, threw it into the inventory and a few minutes later I had another. I think I'll keep the furry little guys around and see what kind of breeding they can do.

Is anyone looking into a tribble breeders guild? (not a fleet, just a loosley organized group dedicated to tribble breeding)

Would be interested in joining if they did. One of the only uses for dropped food I've found
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    the game needs a tribble-sink or it will be overrun.

How bout something that can be purchased with tribbles?

How bout using tribble tossing as a special weapon. Watch the klingons flee!

How bout tribble stew consumable?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Please someone.... Send me an tribble ....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    *has bred 10 different coloured Tribbles now* :)

6 plain coloured and 4 which are brown/white patchey stripey dotty ones.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Okay make that 11 different types of tribbles, just recieved my store exclusive one which is a different colour. Didn't breed this one but its still a different type.