• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Preorder tribble:

Polygeminus grex rivera

golden/orange with blue halo fur

triple bonus : damage resist, regen health, combat skill

That is one epic tribble.

Now the question is does it breed like the non-preorder tribbles?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Testing that now, about to put it in my bank with one of every kind of replicator created food and any I pick up which arnt replicatable. Time will tell if it produces even more stranger tribble types.

Even if it doesnt, im glad to have 11 different types.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Lol

So it WASN'T my imagination!

My 2 tribbles in my inventory DID multiple into 4.

I thought I looted two more somewhere and didnt notice.

:eek:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    My breeding findings thus far:

Common

Thompson (Black | Heal):
    Andorian Tuber Root -> Sparkes
    Bajoran Deka Tea -> Dotson

Dotson (Brown | Heal):
    Klingon Gagh -> Susilo

Sparkes (Tan | Heal):
    Andorian Tuber Root -> Vitales
    Field Rations -> Vitales
    Catfish Sandwich -> Vitales

Vitales (Grey |Heal):
    Ratamba Stew -> Tuffli
    Vulcan Plomeek Soup -> Tuffli

Uncommon

Susilo (White | Heal)

Stahl (Peach | Heal):
    Ratamba Stew -> Vitales

Tuffli (Brown/tan striped | Heal):
    Vulcan Plomeek Soup -> Jasperson

Rare

Jasperson (Peach/Brown stripes | Damage buff):
    Chateau Picard -> Deangelo
    Slug-O-Cola -> Cavallaro
    Klingon Rogek Blood Pie -> Stahl

Deangelo (Black/White striped | Regen buff)
    Klingon Gagh -> Stahl
    Ratamba Stew -> Sparkes
    Slug-O-Cola -> Dotson
    Ferengi Jellied Gree-worm -> Stahl

Cavallaro (White/Black striped | Damage buff)
    Bolian Souffle -> Stahl

Definitely seems to take dropped food to get the common ones to breed an uncommon one, and uncommon ones to breed rare ones.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I wondered why I had 2 when I only looted one!! Those darn tribbles!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Awesome post, kudos to the OP, tribbles are very popular among the players
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Updated my post. I've found one reliable way to get to the damage buff species.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    lol, looks like the OCD folks found their "crafting"
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    3drage wrote: »
    lol, looks like the OCD folks found their "crafting"

No tribbles for you!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Zilag wrote:
    . . . THIS IT'S RIDICULOUS.I LOOTED ONE TRIBBLE.

An hour later I had seven in my inventory. SEVEN TRIBBLES!

I believe this is why the episode in question : "the Trouble with Tribbles"
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Not sure if it was mentioned, but found a polygeminus grex henry on the exchange. 5k, so not buying it, but it's uncommon at least. The health regen is an hour long buff. Colour appears to be brown with a single cream stripe.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If you get a jasperson drunk on chateau picard, you get a deangelo. Black and white stripes, with a 60 minute regen buff.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Thankyou for this guide, i am the tribble breeder for my fleet and have been passing out tribbles to the new members. They didnt take me seriously at first, but one of them started getting the rarer tribbles and now everyone is showing great interest.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The timing and odds of tribble breeding is still being researched; at the moment, it appears that a check is made when you change maps or zones. Tribbles placed in your bank with food seem to breed very quickly; this might be because Space Dock is actually multiple zone maps, and you are changing back and forth as you run errands, or to represent the "tribbles eat everything in storage" effect, or due to a bug.

While fighting on a ground mission for about 8 minutes, i had the inventory opened searching for a hypo.
    I've seen them reproducing in the middle of the fight! I somehow i doubt they only "do" it while you zone ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for this guide.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ...I did not need to see this guide.

I'm over my pet monster breeding addiction. I won't fall into this trap again....

....who am I fooling? I know I'll spend hours doing this. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I would like to see the devs add alot more new "buff" tribbles, including more rares and super rares, and of course there must be an EPIC tribble out there somewhere! Tribble breeding is a curiously fun side hobby in-game and I think they have a winner if they can keep introducing new stuff from time to time, it' s kind of like an undocumented crafting profession.

So sign here if you want to see more tribbles, including uncommons, rares and epics! Hopefully some of those devs will see this post, as I'd hate to pester them with 'MOAR TRIBBLES" e-mails.
    :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    the game needs a tribble-sink or it will be overrun.

How bout something that can be purchased with tribbles?

How bout using tribble tossing as a special weapon. Watch the klingons flee!

How bout tribble stew consumable?

LOL Klingons aren't afraid of tribbles, that just hate them hahaha.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Due to the forum limitation of 11,000 characters, this FAQ has to be split up into multiple posts. This sub-FAQ is on Tribble Powers. Other sections are linked here for quick reference:

Primary FAQ
    Tribble Powers (you are here)
    Tribble Breeds

Tribble Powers

Following are the known tribble powers. These can be used by most Federation player characters and bridge officers. It is reported that the Klingon species bridge officer of a Federation player has a mutually negative reaction to the tribble, as expected from the source material; it's not clear if this means they cannot benefit from the powers, or is merely a humorous animation. It is possible for Federation players to unlock Klingons as a playable species (currently by purchasing in the C-Store for 240 Cryptic Points); their reaction to tribbles is unknown at this time.

Right-clicking on a tribble's icon gives a short menu, with the option "Info"; the info screen gives details on the tribble's sub-species and activatable power.

Healing:
    An out of combat self heal
    1.25s activate, 6s recharge
    "Petting this sub-species of tribble will have the effect of stimulating the body's natural healing capabilities."
    [exact effects unknown]

Resistance Buff:
    A long duration out of combat self damage resistance buff
    "Petting this sub-species of tribble will have the effect of slightly stimulating the body's natural ability to resist all types of damage."
    [Adds 1% Resistance to most types of ground damage, with a duration of 1 hour. This does carry over into space combat, although it's not clear if it affects anything useful. Overrides Damage Buff, canceling it.]

Damage Buff:
    A long duration out of combat self damage buff
    "Petting this sub-species of tribble will have the effect of slightly stimulating the body's natural production of adrenoline, improving one's damage capabilities."
    [Adds ???, with a duration of 1 hour. This does carry over into space combat, although it's not clear if it affects anything useful. Overrides Resistance Buff, canceling it.]

Regeneration Buff
    [Adds ???, with a duration of 1 hour]

Combat Skill Buff
    [???]

Last updated 2010-02-03, with info from Live (Holodeck)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Due to the forum limitation of 11,000 characters, this FAQ has to be split up into multiple posts. This sub-FAQ is on Tribble Sub-Species, or Breeds. Other sections are linked here for quick reference:

Primary FAQ
    Tribble Powers
    Tribble Breeds (you are here)

If you are interested in sharing info about tribbles, please join the in-game channel TribbleInfo, as well as posting what you discover in this thread. Please be as specific as you can about the circumstances, as we're still not sure what all the variables are.

Other Useful links:
    IfniLuck's Guide to Tribbles: IfnLuck was the first person to publicly organize a food and breed cross-reference chart, and as of this writing still the most informative.
    STO-Intel's wiki page on Tribbles: Currently mostly info cobbled from other sources, but the format might be easier to use for some people.
    The_MadTom's Tribble Breeding Table: The_MadTom has a differently-organized google doc, a spreadsheet that may be more useful for certain purposes

Breeds

The following sub-species (or breeds) of tribble are known, organized for now by their activatable power.
    Format:
    Genus species sub-species "Color" (color clarification, pattern details, etc.)

Healing:
    (¯)Polygeminus grex susilo "White" (almost radiant white, HTML "ghostwhite")
    (¯)Polygeminus grex stahl "Cream" (under magnification, may be a flecked mix of White and Tan; HTML "moccasin" (used here) or "antiquewhite")
    (¯)Polygeminus grex sparkes "Tan" (a light brown, khaki; HTML "burlywood" (used here), "peru", or "tan")
    (¯)Polygeminus grex dotson "Brown" (a medium-dark brown, milk chocolate; HTML "saddlebrown")
    (¯)Polygeminus grex thompson "Black" (probably actually a very dark brown, dark chocolate; HTML "black" is not a good match but there isn't anything closer)
    (¯)Polygeminus grex vitales "Gray" (pale cool gray; HTML "lightgray" used here, but better match pending)
    Polygeminus grex tuffli "Cream with Brown Stripes" (original description, and probably the way most people think of it; under magnification, it may actually be Brown with a broad equatorial Cream stripe and several large Cream spots. One could argue that the pale color is Tan rather than Cream, but in comparison to jasperson and nix under magnification, the pale color is distinctly lighter here. This may well be the "mutt" breed result, with middling colors and a mix of stripes and spots)

(Damage) Resistance Buff:
    Polygeminus grex nix "Brown with large Tan spots" (spots are approximately circular, and arranged in what may be an approximately cubic (or dodecahedral) vertex pattern)
    Polygeminus grex stacy "Black with multiple small White spots" (from Demonical_3, confirmed by Dakirn and Nack)

Damage Buff:
    Polygeminus grex jasperson "Tan with single equatorial Brown stripe"
    Polygeminus grex mccary "Tan with Brown spots" (from Adeon_Hawkwood)
    Polygeminus grex cavallaro "White with Black spiral stripe" (alternatively Black with White Z pattern, the 3D pattern appears to be a white "polar cap" top and bottom, with a diagonal stripe or ring between them; from IfniLuck)
    Polygeminus grex vitales [sic] "Ttruncated icosahedron (soccer ball) pattern; Orange faces with Red "seams"; single medium Brown spot in each face" (Some also describe it as an "eyeball" pattern. This appears to be a bug or naming error, a very rare type with the same name as a common type. Currently being described as "vitales-snail" on the forums until we get an official name fix. Reported by Snailelin, confirmed by Profetius Eteus)

Regeneration Buff:
    Polygeminus grex deangelo "Black with White spiral stripe" (alternatively White with Black Z pattern; the 3D pattern appears to be a dark "polar cap" top and bottom, with a diagonal stripe or ring between them; from IfniLuck)
    Polygeminus grex henry "Brown with single equatorial Tan stripe" (reported on exchange by Snicker, confirmed by Dakirn)
    Polygeminus grex highison "Light Purple with double-zigzag Dark Purple stripes" (reported by Troglis)

Multiple Effects:
    Polygeminus grex mattson " "Orange with multiple zigzag Dark Purple stripes" (alternatively vice-versa; from Demonical_3, confirmed by nmdrkangl and Troglis); Damage Buff + Regeneration Buff
    Polygeminus grex rivera "?golden/orange with blue halo fur?"; Resistance Buff + Regeneration Buff + Combat Skill Buff (?) (reported as the pre-order tribble; from Mockingbird)

Unknown:
    Polygeminus grex howe "White with multiple small Black spots" (reported on exchange by Zacuis, confirmed by Dakirn)
    Polygeminus grex ricossa "Orange with multiple small Dark Purple spots" (from Dakirn)
    Polygeminus grex griffis "Dark Purple with multiple White rings" (alternatively, Dark Purple with large White spots which each contain a small Dark Purple spot; from Dakirn)

Please post any info you have on new breeds, or further details on the above breeds.

Last updated 2010-02-09, with info from Live (Holodeck)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    grajin wrote: »
    MY inventory was loaded with food and I recently looted 1 tribble..going to check it tonight, im afraid too look..:p

I hope you didn't stand under the hatch when you checked . . . .
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Debaser wrote: »
    I would like to see the devs add alot more new "buff" tribbles, including more rares and super rares, and of course there must be an EPIC tribble out there somewhere! Tribble breeding is a curiously fun side hobby in-game and I think they have a winner if they can keep introducing new stuff from time to time, it' s kind of like an undocumented crafting profession.

The above is fine, and the best way to get more stuff added is to show we're taking an active interest in what's been put in already. With regards to the rest of your post, however, please note that any sort of petition or call for signatures or bumps is strictly forbidden on these forums, and can get threads locked or removed. The Dev Tracker is littered with threads shut down because of petitions; we don't want that to happen here!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I got my frist at Lt 1-2 rank during the rescue the auzura mission :)

plain thing without even a bonus :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hah! I was wondering how I went from having looted one tribble to five. I just thought I looted them without realizing it. (For the curious, I started with a stahl, and gained an additional stahl, a dyson, a vitales, and a tuffli.) And, wow, literally just now while I was watching, the Dyson consumed a Vulcan Spice Tea and produced a susilo.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So glad I found this post. I was wondering what was happening. I had picked up a few Tribbles in Klingon ground battles, and now there are a bunch in my inventory. Can't wait to get home from work to check those guys out. Sold a few for cheap at auction without understanding what they are about.

Great post - thanks!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hehe, I put a few in my bank inventory with some looted food last night and I cant wait to see what I have when I get home.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    bump for sticky.

There is more to know about tribbles than I thought.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Chiyeko wrote: »
    I got my frist at Lt 1-2 rank during the rescue the auzura mission :)

plain thing without even a bonus :)

Chances are you are mistaken; so far all documented tribbles have some power activated by petting them. The most common is a minor heal, which may have no obvious effect if you're not wounded. Right-click on the tribble, select Info, and it will give you the scientific name and the power description.

If you did manage to get an unusual tribble that's not on the list and has no power, please take a screenshot showing the Info window and post it, so we can add it to the list (and possibly bug it).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Actually I got the impression that they breed when the inv is closed, and if you open it the timer restarts. So I left them in the bank so they can breed peacefully. Maybe the check is made when you open the container, and it calculates how much time it was closed and does everything then.